• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Im confused

Ok. I have prayed that Jesus forgive me of my sins, to come into my heart, and save me from hell. But what now? The Bible says that no one is righteous, no not one. But then we are to follow the commandments? Which ones? There are 600+ commandments? And I cannot be righteous even if I tried so do I just have faith in Jesus? And what does that mean? To have faith in Jesus? Does this mean that I just accept His gift and wait to die and have faith I’m going to heaven now? Or do I have “faith” by showing good works? What works though will make Jesus like me? I can’t be righteous so he won’t like me unless I have faith and by having faith this means I will do good works? I’m so confused. God doesn’t like humans, so He killed himself so if we accept his gift he will not kill us a second time? Please help me wrap my mind around this. I do not understand and I really want to understand very badly, but I can’t and I just ignore it.

Loyal
Your spirit is made righteous through Jesus Christ, your flesh will never be righteous. Jesus covers you up in his righteousness when we we accept him as Lord and savior.

Before we are saved by accepting Jesus Christ we live in the flesh and are a slave to sin, we can not free ourselfs from sin. Our flesh rules over us. When we become saved Jesus Spirit comes to dwell in us giving us power over sin to say no to sin we now have a freedom to say no to sin that we have never had before. And as we mature we get stronger and stronger. At first you may stumble and sin, but you feel terrible about it, and now you have Jesus to mediate between you and the father for forgiveness when you repent, before you did not have this.

We must be in the word everyday to get closer to Jesus and get more mature this is a must !! we must be in prayer every day to get more mature this is a must. as we mature we want to only please our heavenly father by the way we live in total obedience, this is a process and takes time commitment from us.

Ok. I have prayed that Jesus forgive me of my sins, to come into my heart, and save me from hell. But what now? The Bible says that no one is righteous, no not one. But then we are to follow the commandments? Which ones? There are 600+ commandments? And I cannot be righteous even if I tried so do I just have faith in Jesus? And what does that mean? To have faith in Jesus? Does this mean that I just accept His gift and wait to die and have faith I’m going to heaven now? Or do I have “faith” by showing good works? What works though will make Jesus like me? I can’t be righteous so he won’t like me unless I have faith and by having faith this means I will do good works? I’m so confused. God doesn’t like humans, so He killed himself so if we accept his gift he will not kill us a second time? Please help me wrap my mind around this. I do not understand and I really want to understand very badly, but I can’t and I just ignore it.

Once your intentions are sincere towards the Creator you should be fine.

Hosea 6:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

2 Peter 1 King James Version (KJV)

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Loyal
OK. Here's a very rough and ready outline of the story of the Bible.

God created the world good, and the pinnacle of this creation is humans, who he made in his own image to be partners in overseeing creation.

But, not content to be rulers under God, humans rebelled, attempting to put themselves on a level with God. This has brought disaster, dysfunction and chaos to creation.

God began a long process of restoring goodness and justice and harmony, first through his chosen people, the Israelites, who were to live by Gods law and bring blessing to all nations. But the Israelites failed in many many ways...

Until God sent his own son - the true Israelites and King of Kings. Jesus lived as a perfect example of God's reign, and his sacrifice - dying and rising again - his love brought about victory over evil and reconciled God, peogle and creation.

We look forward to the time when Jesus returns to reign in glory.

Following Jesus is about surrendering to him and taking your place in this great, great story.

I'm well aware that I've not answered any one of your many questions. My hope is that the big story of who God is, and his great plan can help put your confusion into perspective. .. maybe even replace it with wonder.

All of us mere humans are in God's hands and He is right whatever He does with any of us but He will obtain those of us who were given to Jesus before creation. We have to sweat going on in this world but whatever else we can be of good cheer solely that Jesus overcame, none of us have or will no matter what any of us may pretend.

Loyal
Do you have anyone to open the Word to you? To help you understand it? To explain it to you? If not find somebody Godly and get them to help you.
For example. You say "The Bible says that no one is righteous, no not one." That's true. The bible there though, was talking to the people who have not asked Jesus into their hearts. YOU DID! Now the bible says "YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN THE ANOINTED ONE AND HIS ANOINTING!" You are now anointed with the same anointing that Jesus is anointed with. You have the same blessing that Jesus has, and you have the same ministry that Jesus has.
So do you just wait to die and go to heaven? No You have doing to do. There are millions of other people who need to know the truth of salvation, so learn how to share the truth of the Word and share it.

Staff Member

First things first....this is awesome news you coming to Believing in Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior!!! Alleluia!!! (Means Praise the Lord)
The next thing you need to do is go get Baptized. Because this is what your/our Lord wants!!!! (Matthew 28:19)
If you can find one. Find a solid bible believing/working/praying church. However, even then, don't stop from doing your own studies, and checking up on what you hear!!!! (2 Timothy 2:15)

Now you need if you don't already have one is a Bible. Most will direct you to the KJV, NKJV might provide word usage that you are more familiar with. Regardless of which one you are moved to get.....get one!!! More importantly use it!!!

Other Books you should think seriously about getting and the reason for this is that I've noticed that you have questions concerning what certain words mean i.e. faith etc. You'll find certain books that will come in handy when you do start to read the bible in earnest. They can be found cheaply, but also at no price online :)

Here's a link to a site I use, which can provide you great resources for your reading. Also, includes daily devotionals or you can even use the devotionals found here at Talk Jesus in the Forum called...yep..."Devotionals" Yep...you need to spend time talking and listening to God!

Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible

There you can find a Concordance, different Bible versions/translations etc. They also have a decent helps (menu bar) that you should use to help you get around.

I could go on, but I believe this is enough to get you started on an amazing journey that started at the foot of the Cross!
You have plenty of Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here that are also willing to help. They would love to do so....even if they occasional will butt heads in trying to help!! (Rolling eyes emoji) Just realize that when that happens, it really because they Love Jesus and the Word of God!!!!!

Once again be welcome & Alleluia on coming to Jesus Christ, Brother Imsoconfused!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Hey how are you? To find out what Jesus wants you to do, read the four gospels carefully like you have never read them before. Read what Jesus actually wants his followers to do. God says he will feed us if we listen to his son and actually do what he tells us to,(Mathew 6:31-33) (not say a sinners prayer). There is nothing wrong with the sinners prayer if you really mean you want Jesus and to follow him, but he wants you to put your faith into action as well. (John 7:16-17) Jesus is saying here, "if we want to know what he is telling us to do is from God put the teachings in action and see what happens". I have done these things and God provides all my needs for me and my spiritual brothers and sisters. I hope to hear from you soon.

Peace and love

So from my understanding of the Bible, God loves us and wants everyone to be saved, (1 Timothy 2:4) he also wants us to repent and turn to Him, (Matthew 3:2, Mark 1:15) God wants all of us to turn to him, but like the Israelite's, we turn to Idolatry and we start worshiping things like money, clothes, a golden calf, just for example. We as a creation of humans, suck, like Paul says "all fall short of the glory of God" we are bound by our flesh and that is what keeps us in this loop of sin. God wants us to obey him and listen to what he has told us to do and we do that by listening to the things that Jesus has told us to do. But again, like the Israelite's, we don't really want to listen to God. Back then they didn't listen to Moses, then they had the chance to listen to what Jesus has to say, but instead they decided to cut him off, they killed him because again, we're greedy and we don't really want to hear from God. That is when God tore the Vail around the temple, God is fed up with his creation not wanting a darn thing to do with him, so he now seeks after the sincere at heart. Just ask God to fill you with his spirit, and he will guide you if you're doing your best to be sincere and you're actually really looking for the truth that he has in his son Jesus.
Read the four Gospels, that is where the truth lies, that is where you will find your answers, and of course stay in touch with God.

Peace and Love, Lily

Loyal
Start with just the two commandments that Jesus cited here in answer to a question:

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
On these two commandments hand all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:36-40

Start with those and then I would suggest beginning to read the Bible. A good place to start is the Book of John. Read slowly, carefully and prayerfully. By that I mean, after each verse or even after each phrase, stop and talk to God asking Him for help in immersing yourself in what you are reading and understanding what you are reading. He has already told us to do this here:

"Ask, and it shall given you; seek, and ye shall find; find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" Matt 7:7-8

Don't let the lack of immediate understanding and answers intimidate you. Keep on read and re-reading and praying. Form a habit of doing these things daily and you will make progress in God. But... don't overdo it. How long should you read and pray at the first. Some may only be able to handle a few minutes at a time while others may continue for hours at the time. Ask God for help with that as well...