• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

If you recognize you thoughts as sinful and they are unquestionably bad, what should I feel knowing I want to get rid of them.

If you recognize you thoughts as sinful and they are unquestionably bad, what should I feel knowing I want to get rid of them?

Active
If you recognize you thoughts as sinful and they are unquestionably bad, what should I feel knowing I want to get rid of them?
I feel you should treat them as though they were not your thoughts because they are not .
If you wanted them you would not want to be rid of them obviously

Loyal
I would talk to God about my thoughts and ask forgiveness for them. And look at Philippians 4:8 -9 "Finally brethren, whatever things are True / noble/just/ pure/ lovely/ of good report / are vituous / praiseworthy -- meditate / think on these things."

"...what should I feel knowing I want to get rid of them? "
What do you feel?

Active
Brother Peter, What I have learned is that feeling can deceive! Flesh brings feeling when what you know you should say or do,you would rather say or do something that makes you feel better rather then them! Caring more about your feeling then the person you are speaking or doing something for. ( 1 Cor 13:5)

Love never seeks its own. I have learned ( 2 Peter 3:18) When we grow in grace for self, we find out,we can also do this for another. As Sue Stated and very well I might add,we keep our peace through HIS Truth, not our feeling!!( Phil 4:7-9). Please pay attention to verse 9 brother. I have not reached perfection brother!! LOL BUT!!!! Now I can much better examine myself!!!( 2 Cor 13:5)

Loyal
"...what should I feel knowing I want to get rid of them? "
What do you feel?

Turning my thought to the word of God has always helped in this situation for me, fasting, praying are all tools that God has given us to defend ourselfs against attacks such as these. Is what I think

Jesus said "Get the behind me, satan".

I find that, as I realise that I am thinking of something that I ought not to, I say severely "Don't do it", and I can deliberately move my thoughts on to something else.

Sometime later, it is nice to say "Thank you" to the Holy Spirit for the help that he undoubtedly gave at the time.