• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

If You Fail But Once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

This was given to us to explain how the law was flawed......Not that it was not perfect...we are not and,no matter how hard we try, we can never be perfect enough to save ourselves.

Surely. failing and not being perfect is by God's standards, not man's. Surely, for man to qualify for perfection on his own, the law was meant to be followed explicitly not missing one aspect 24/7. It was given to humans then and it should be interpreted the same for man today with regards to our individual perfection.

Since most of us think that we are saved by Grace and not of our works, we are no longer under the law but, the requirement for perfection in God's eyes would not have changed because we would agree that God doesn't change
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

This discussion about following the law must be the same as and in terms of our perfection,Since we don't apply the law any more but God has not changed, does God want perfection?..Sure he does! But it is not a requirement.
As a believer, God gives us the life of his son. When we sin, and in some way ,sin we will, God justifies us ( just as if we have no sin) because, when he looks, he sees his son and not our sin.
Jeremiah 31:34 .And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. KVJ (I take notice that it that it does say they will sin no more but I will remember their sin no more!)

The old man is gone, the new has come.; surely we all strive for perfection. But God's standard would be the same. If perfection or being sinless is what we do to prove to God we are ready and worthy, we must do it everyday , day in day out, 24/7...but if you "FAIL BUT ONCE" , by God's standard, you have lost the battle.

But fear not, with Jesus in you is not a promise of perfection yet, but a promise that he will give you his righteousness and holiness ( not yours) until that time when you come face to face with God and he glorifies and perfects you! Perfection is not of this world but the spirit world which we are destined.

Staff Member
James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

This was given to us to explain how the law was flawed

The law was not flawed. It is man who was/is flawed.

Galatians 3:24-25 Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Romans 7:12 Therefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

It is sin that caused us trouble and we became aware of our sin through the law. Not because it was flawed, but because we are.

I have an early day tomorrow, and in truth have not read the rest. So, I'm not prepared to comment on that. Just don't think that God provided a flawed product. For your opening statement is saying that. Selah.

Don't allow the anger of another's position, blind you to the truth that is found in Scripture, in order to bring this other down. It's as the Sanhedrin communicated to each other and was truth!

Acts 5:38-29 "And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; "but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it--lest you even be found to fight against God."

With the Love of Christ Jesus Brother!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Was Jesus "flawed"?
He was a man.
He was perfectly sinless anyway.
We're are you going with this...we all know that Jesus was very God and very human. Anyway with you obviously saying that your perfect are you...Peace... putting yourself the egual of Jesus?

Staff Member
This was given to us to explain how the law was flawed

If you read that I said that God produced a flawed plan then you read it wrong or I wrote it wrong. Hi

Nope didn't get that you said that God's plan was flawed. What I got from it was that you were saying that God's Law was flawed. So, you must have written it incorrectly. ;)

Slow, down. You might be moving too fast brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Hopefully, my lunch time at work will provide me enough time to digest the rest of your initial post :)

Staff Member
Agree brother. Good post. However....my way of saying "but"......we seem to always have one of those ;)
This is a small issue, but an important one.

When we sin, and in some way ,sin we will, God justifies us ( just as if we have no sin) because, when he looks, he sees his son and not our sin.

I highlighted the point that requires me to ask the following question. Which I hope will provide you understanding on my issue.

Do you know what tomorrow will bring for you?

Back to work!!!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
He is also God. Are you?
No, He wasn't.
He was the Son of God, the Word made flesh...and under the same pressures we are today.
Am I God?
No, I am a son of God...and Jesus is not ashamed to call me brother. (Heb 2:11)
Do you think He calls sinners 'brother'?
Sinners have a different father that Jesus, and I do. (1 John 3:8-9)

Loyal
If you want to "expose" sin in man, all God had to do was to tell man to do something he knew he could not possible do. The "law" was given as a way to expose sin in man.

1Tim 1:9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers,

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

There is a old saying, "if you want something to be done right, then you will have to do it your self"

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Active
Nope didn't get that you said that God's plan was flawed. What I got from it was that you were saying that God's Law was flawed. So, you must have written it incorrectly. ;)

Slow, down. You might be moving too fast brother.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Hopefully, my lunch time at work will provide me enough time to digest the rest of your initial post :)
Yes, I need to proof read more carefully before posting!

Active
Oh please!...even the verse you use says those who practice sin..your theology is fake!
My bible, KJV, makes no mention of the word used by the wicked to continue sinning.
Define "practices".
Once a day?
Once a month?
Once every year?
Where in the bible does God illustrate what constitutes "practicing" anything?
How much "practice" did it take to get Adam thrown out of the garden?
How much "practice" did it take for the Israelites to lose out on the promised land?

Staff Member
Yes, salvation!

Yes, our Hope is in the Lord!
That's it.
Understand that if greater thought is put into it by both of you Brothers in Christ (@At Peace ).
You'd not be that far off, at least in the living of life and applying the precepts of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ in the now. Against what we may or may not do on the morrow or even the next moment of which we have no control over knowing outside of our Blessed Hope.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
My bible, KJV, makes no mention of the word used by the wicked to continue sinning.
Define "practices".
Once a day?
Once a month?
Once every year?
Where in the bible does God illustrate what constitutes "practicing" anything?
How much "practice" did it take to get Adam thrown out of the garden?
How much "practice" did it take for the Israelites to lose out on the promised land?
That's because you rely on a single translation instead of understanding the whole of the gospel.

Active
Yes, our Hope is in the Lord!
That's it.
Understand that if greater thought is put into it by both of you Brothers in Christ (@At Peace ).
You'd not be that far off, at least in the living of life and applying the precepts of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ in the now. Against what we may or may not do on the morrow or even the next moment of which we have no control over knowing outside of our Blessed Hope.

YBIC
Nick
<><
What hope do those NOT "in the Lord" have?
Please remember that there is no sin "in the Lord".

Active
Do you have a version of the bible that allows me to commit adultery once a month, or every other month?
Or does my adultery have to be totally random?
  • No there is no such verse
  • Adultery is a sin for anyone
  • Other than found in the 10 commandments, I know of no other verse that addresses Adultery , other than this: Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Do you ever look at another with lust in your heart?
  • You don't understand, by God's standards, you probably, even like the rest of us, you ( while alive and a human on earth) will sin somehow that is abhorring to him because , though he wants you to be perfect, you are not. The only way you can be perfect, by his standard, is to be like his son. You would have to be flawless, not one "tiny" sin, not even once, 24-7, the rest of your life....you are not capable of that..not yet! I would say you probably sin when you think of me and think I am not "sinless" like you! It is called Judging . You sin in ways that you don't even know.
  • I don't judge you; as far as I am concerned, you are as saved as I am...that's up to God.
  • What I am saying is, as hard as you try, in this life you are not sinless and it is not a prerequisit to salvation!

Status
Not open for further replies.