• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If you do not have the gifts of the Holy Spirit, then get baptized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
We both know you never cast out anything other than a fishing rod
I have cast out demons also. I guess everyone who "has" done this is lying in your eyes. I pray the Lord would help you to see or hear a real demon somewhere, and then send someone to cast it out before you sink a load into your britches. I dearly pray this in Jesus's name, for the faith building of this believer.

Loyal
Matthew 13:58 And [Jesus] did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
The tragedy for these days is that unbelief is promoted as the norm for Christians.
Mark 6:5 And [Jesus] could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages teaching.
Churches and faith without the power of God - the preferred choice by many.

Active
I have cast out demons also. I guess everyone who "has" done this is lying in your eyes. I pray the Lord would help you to see or hear a real demon somewhere, and then send someone to cast it out before you sink a load into your britches. I dearly pray this in Jesus's name, for the faith building of this believer.

No you haven’t.
Unless you have led someone to conversion
All lost people have a demon spirit.
But the real world is not a Linda Blair movie.
Anyone with any bible knowledge know you are lying.
More importantly,God knows you’re lying.

Loyal
No you haven’t.
Unless you have led someone to conversion
All lost people have a demon spirit.
But the real world is not a Linda Blair movie.
Anyone with any bible knowledge know you are lying.
More importantly,God knows you’re lying.
Accusing others of lying simply because you believe the Holy Spirit is powerless in this age is foolish at best, and very dangerous at the worst.

Active
Accusing others of lying simply because you believe the Holy Spirit is powerless in this age is foolish at best, and very dangerous at the worst.

Truth hurts? I call them what they are.
And yes,you have no idea how much I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.
I also know not to make him a side show

Active
Many people who go to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit will find that they do not have the gifts as if they were never baptized. The reason for this is that their heart was not in the right place when they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.

You must be humble of heart to receive the baptism of the holy spirit in its fullness. If your heart is hardened and unforgiving even though you are receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit it will not stay with you it will be like grain falling onto Stone just bouncing off

This is what you must do because the future is coming and it is coming quickly. The first thing is to repent of your sins. You must open your hearts to the love of God, and give to God all of the sin all of the darkness that has collected there. All the prejudice against other religions against other people, against your brothers and sisters Catholics or Christians.

This must be done.

Then go and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit will fill you with God's love. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are abundant. The only limit to the gifts of the Holy Spirit is your own imagination. The list that is shown in the scripture is just the beginning.

The greatest gift of the Holy Spirit is love.

The second greatest gift of the Holy Spirit is the gift of discernment. You must learn to use it exercise it Build It Up let it be a part of you of your everyday life. If you go forward without it or go forward without the gifts of the Holy Spirit you will be lost.

When the future comes, and all heck is breaking loose. And the devil will be there trying to deceive you left and right. What will save you is the gift of discernment to recognize the devil and to know God's peace in your heart

I am pleading with you, please learn please grow and be baptized in the Holy Spirit do not be afraid because Jesus himself asks this of us.

Learn to use the gift of discernment

The instant you accept Christ you are baptized into the Holy Spirit.
Nothing else can be added.

Loyal

I have to go with Waggles on this one.

Loyal
Who came up with that website, Benny Hinn?
Don’t believe everything on the internet
You just sent 4 internet videos. I will follow your advice , don't believe everything on the internet , ha ha ha ha

Loyal
Truth hurts? I call them what they are.
And yes,you have no idea how much I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.
I also know not to make him a side show
So you are an atheist. That makes sense now

Loyal
I beg your pardon. Read it again
Go back and read Ephesians.
The scripture states , via John the Baptist, " I baptize you with water, but the one who comes after me will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Clearly he is talking about two separate baptisms

Active
The scripture states , via John the Baptist, " I baptize you with water, but the one who comes after me will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Clearly he is talking about two separate baptisms

1. When Spirit baptized you at conversion
2. When baptized by water

Nursery students understand that

Active
You just sent 4 internet videos. I will follow your advice , don't believe everything on the internet , ha ha ha ha

The content of of those videos are well known. Anyone who is not biblically illiterate knows that Catholicism is a counterfeit religion.
All of its dogmas are contrary to the scriptures.

A hardened heart won't be repentant nor accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Immediately upon salvation a person will be given a spiritual gift. It is from the Holy Spirit. It is not the result of our asking for them.
And our being baptized has othing to do with the Holy Spirit giving a person spiritual gifts.
Sometimes even Christians can be very stubborn. Like when God reveals something to you, and you just can not accept it.

The annointing of the Holy Spirit does not come from accepting Jesus as Lord, or the Water Baptism. But the fruits of the Spirit will work on your soul to make it ready to recieve the Anointing of the Spirit.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Can you please expound on this and in doing so please use Biblical examples?

But the fruits of the Spirit will work on your soul to make it ready to recieve the Anointing of the Spirit.

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

Can you please expound on this and in doing so please use Biblical examples?

Bless you ....><>
The Gifts of the Spirit are many things; prophecy, healing and many more. But the fruits of the Spirit are what draw us to God. Hope, Faith, Love.

As the scripture states. John6:44
" no one can come to me unless he is drawn by the Father"

John 6:63 " it is the Spirit that gives life"

Romans 8: 9 - 11
People who are interested only in unspiritual things can never be pleasing to God. Your interest however are not in the unspiritual but in the spiritual, since the Spirit of God has made his home in you. In fact unless you possess the Spirit of Christ you would not belong to him. Though your body may be dead it is because of sin, but if Christ is in you then your spirit is life itself because you have been Justified, and if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, then he who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to your own mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you."

Status
Not open for further replies.