• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If you do not have the gifts of the Holy Spirit, then get baptized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
You might not be able to "see" a spiritual gift. But you should definitely see the results of the gift. Blind can see, lame can walk, mute can speak, and demons are cast out.

Signs are not "metaphors". Can you give me any scripture that says they are?

The "unseen" work of the Holy Spirit is evident in people lives, they quit cursing/smoking/doing drugs/adultery/fornication/homosexuality/stealing/lying/being selfish ...etc...
You can see the fruit of the Spirit as evidence in their lives.

Some who drank poison were testing God, but some who drank poison didn't die. The drinking of the poison doesn't "represent" anything, it's literal poison.
About 90% of the Bible is literal, about 10% is metaphorical. But even the parables and metaphors never disagree with the physical reality of the metaphors used.

When is the last time you saw demons cast out, deaf hear or lame walk? Have you seen someone raised from the dead?
Never.
The only gifts available to the church is helps and prophecy (preaching) all others have ended

Loyal
When is the last time you saw demons cast out, deaf hear or lame walk? Have you seen someone raised from the dead?
Never.
The only gifts available to the church is helps and prophecy (preaching) all others have ended
The Lord has cast out demons through me.

Why would Jesus say " others will come and do even greater works than i have done" ?

Loyal
Never.
That is projection.
Projecting onto others your non-spiritual faith.
In Pentecostal churches we enjoy the power of the Holy Spirit fulfilling the promised signs, wonders and miracles all the time.
I personally know of some four testimonies to raising the dead by the power of God.
I have seen a woman blind from birth come up out the waters of baptism and seeing with her eyes for the first time - to say she was gob-smacked is an understatement.

Luke 4:17 And [Jesus] was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. And he opened the scroll, and found the place where it was written,
18 The Lord’s Spirit is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; Hath sent me to proclaim release to captives, and sight to the blind, To set free the bruised,
19 To proclaim the Lord’s acceptable year.

Matthew 11:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Go and report to John what things ye hear and see:
5 the blind look up, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised and the poor are given the Gospel.
6 And blessed is he, whoso shall not stumble in me.

Active
Protestants say they follow Jesus. Show me one that accepts the blessed bread and wine as the body and blood of Jesus.

They all do. But none believe the lie that it turns into the literal body and blood of Jesus. It is symbolic.

Active
That is projection.
In Pentecostal churches we enjoy the power of the Holy Spirit fulfilling the promised signs, wonders and miracles all the time.
I personally know of some four testimonies to raising the dead by the power of God.
I have seen a woman blind from birth come up out the waters of baptism and seeing with her eyes for the first time - to say she was gob-smacked is an understatement.

Luke 4:17 And [Jesus] was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. And he opened the scroll, and found the place where it was written,
18 The Lord’s Spirit is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; Hath sent me to proclaim release to captives, and sight to the blind, To set free the bruised,

Matthew 11:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Go and report to John what things ye hear and see:
5 the blind look up, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised and the poor are given the Gospel.

Testimony’s, you heard but didn’t see. The blind woman didn’t happen.

Active
The Lord has cast out demons through me.

Why would Jesus say " others will come and do even greater works than i have done" ?

We both know you never cast out anything other than a fishing rod

Loyal
That is projection.

I like going to Pentecostal churches, although they do put a limit on the number of gifts of God. But if you take the Bible literally then you can only find seven to nine gifts. However the gifts are Unlimited as God is unlimited

I think there was one Pentecostal church I went to that lumped all of the other gifts into one category, they called it miracles. I did find that rather amusing. I'm sure God might roll his eyes a little bit but he understands, that men limit themselves too much and they don't give God the faith that He so wants from them.

Which gift of the spirit was it that allowed Peter to walk on water. Of course we could say it's the gift of faith but yet that would be all of the gifts if you want to get really technical about it. Because all of the gifts require faith. And I do love to tease many Christians when they try to tell me that the Christian churches are a church of faith and not of confirmation. Because so many churches need to find the confirmation in the scripture to believe that something is of the Lord in the first place. But wasn't that the whole thing about letting the Holy Spirit teach you. Then Jesus say that we were to follow the teaching of the paraclete, or the Holy Spirit.

Jesus himself referred to himself as the Cornerstone. Don't you think that if Jesus is the Cornerstone that we are to grow in our faith and go beyond to understand the Holy Spirit or the movement of the Holy Spirit. Because if we want to get really cuckoo about things let us go back and look at Elijah. If Elijah was to base everything like the Christians do today. What did he base the Whispering Wind on to recognize it was God. Where in the Old Testament do we find the Whispering Wind as in reference to God. Where does Moses find the reference in the scripture to know that that Pillar of Fire and the pillar of cloud were both from God. Where did Moses find in Scripture that it was okay for him to part the sea. Because it's not in Scripture. Even though God told him to do that. So if God tells you to do something and it's not in Scripture what are you going to do are you going to actually walk on face, or are you going to say well it's not from the Lord because it's not in the Bible. You guys are hypocrites when it comes to having faith plain and simple if a Catholic comes to you and says I do out of the body experiences and I fight with angels against the darkness you're not going to find that in the scripture are you. Because that's exactly what I do. And I know the voice of God.

Loyal
We both know you never cast out anything other than a fishing rod
Lentz I have to wonder are you a son of the devil. Because you're certainly not using any discernment. And you're not listening to God either

Active
Lentz I have to wonder are you a son of the devil. Because you're certainly not using any discernment. And you're not listening to God either

Hey you’re a member of the catholic cult.
You would be wise to examine your own discernment.

Status
Not open for further replies.