• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If the church is “Raptured” in this generation, what are the people left still, in the “Institutionalized church”, called?

Loyal
What will you say to yourself when you find the Rapture teachings were all an illusion . And the antiChrist is at hand .
Very interesting, you said “what will you say to yourself...ff.”
My answer is : Do what Jesus, told us to do! “Watch until He comes”!!! And if He tarries he tarries, right? He said: He was coming back to “Get” us and to “Take” us back with Him. Why would anyone of Us be worried about a “anti-Christ”? When Jesus said this:
(John 14)WNT
1"Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God: trust in me also. 2In my Father's house there are many resting-places. Were it otherwise, I would have told you; for I am going to make ready a place for you. 3And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will return and take you to be with me, that where I am you also may be. 4And where I am going, you all know the way.

So we are suppose to worry about a “anti-christ”?
And worry about whether there is a Rapture or not? Whether. “pre-Tri” , “Post-Tri”. “Amill”, or “Preterist”. I don’t think so. I know for one thing I do believe, all is for, the “Glory of God”! From Genesis to the “Revelation of Jesus Christ”! The suffering, the pains, the sadness, darkness that will lead into “Pure joy” that is unspeakable. No matter what we go through, it is going to be worth every dime! And when you get there, you might wish, you went through more!

:cool:

Loyal
Those who Are left here Will have something to be concerned about.

There are / have been Lots of anti-Christ teachings and we need to be knowledgable about God's Word to recognize the Real God's Word from the false teachings.

It's not a matter of Worrying about it -- It IS about being aware Of so we can share as the opportunity Does arise.

Loyal
@B.A.C. -- your comment about aborted or miscarried babies. John 3 is talking about adult people -- Nicodemus was concerned about himself / his understanding.

So then if we are talking about "adults only" here. How is an adult born of water?

Loyal
As long as a baby has a heart beat , he or she is alive. That person can't understand right from wrong and so , therefore, is under the grace of God.

Loyal
As long as a baby has a heart beat , he or she is alive. That person can't understand right from wrong and so , therefore, is under the grace of God.

True.. but they have never been born of water. So being "born of water" must be talking about something else.

Loyal
Well -- a baby is in a sack of water during pregnancy. It still has to be delivered from the mother's body. So it's still being born of water.

Loyal
Being born of the Water that both Jesus and John speak of is the Water of Baptism.

And being born of Batism of Fire is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Active
Hello Bill,
Do you believe someone must have water baptism to be born again? That is wrong. Many, many people received Christ into there lives in bad situations where water was not available. Wars; fox hole soldiers before battle where death was eminent accepted Christ before hand. Burning building, ship sinking, etc. Jesus and Nicodemus clearly understood it was about two births.

John 3:4 - Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?

So Jesus replied:

John 3:5 - Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

This explains birth water, from the womb.

Loyal
Hello Bill,
Do you believe someone must have water baptism to be born again? That is wrong. Many, many people received Christ into there lives in bad situations where water was not available. Wars; fox hole soldiers before battle where death was eminent accepted Christ before hand. Burning building, ship sinking, etc. Jesus and Nicodemus clearly understood it was about two births.

John 3:4 - Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?

So Jesus replied:

John 3:5 - Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

This explains birth water, from the womb.
Is that what i said ?

I said there is a Baptism of Water . It is the First Baptism you recieve when you accept Jesus as Lord .

The Baptism of Fire is what you are talking about . That is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Amazing how you like to mix up the Words of God to mean other things.

Tell me , were the followers of John the Baptist born again after recieving the Water Baptism . Why did it have to wait till the Baptism of the Holy Spirit to transpire .?

Stop the foolish teachings .

There are 2 Baptisms . 1 when you become a Christian and 2 the Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Active
Hello Bill,

Ephesians 4:5-6 (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The accept Jesus and receive Holy Spirit baptism There is no become a christian first. You are of the elect or not; chosen before the foundation of the earth..

Ephesians 1:4 (NKJV)
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Loyal
The accept Jesus and receive Holy Spirit baptism There is no become a christian first. You are of the elect or not; chosen before the foundation of the earth..

4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

True, but then.. He chose all of us.

1Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

The word elect here is...
ἐκλεκτός
eklektos
ek-lek-tos'
From G1586; select; by implication favorite: - chosen, elect.
Total KJV occurrences: 23

It's where the word "election" come from. Here in the US, there is a waiting period between the election and when you actually take office.
Elections are usually in November. But the president doesn't actually take office until February.
During this this time, he is the presdent "elect". But he isn't the actual president yet.
The word "elect" doesn't imply something has already happened, it simply implies that something was decided to happen in the future.

Loyal
Mathew 22:14 - “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Even being chosen isn't a guarantee.

John 6:70; Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?"
John 6:71; Now He meant Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray Him.

Active
Hello B-A-C,

John 6:37-39 (NKJV)
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

Loyal
Hello Bill,

Ephesians 4:5-6 (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Apostles names were already written in Heaven , for what point did they recieve the Baptism of the Holy Spirit ?

Loyal
Very interesting, you said “what will you say to yourself...ff.”
My answer is : Do what Jesus, told us to do! “Watch until He comes”!!! And if He tarries he tarries, right? He said: He was coming back to “Get” us and to “Take” us back with Him. Why would anyone of Us be worried about a “anti-Christ”? When Jesus said this:
(John 14)WNT
1"Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God: trust in me also. 2In my Father's house there are many resting-places. Were it otherwise, I would have told you; for I am going to make ready a place for you. 3And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will return and take you to be with me, that where I am you also may be. 4And where I am going, you all know the way.

So we are suppose to worry about a “anti-christ”?
And worry about whether there is a Rapture or not? Whether. “pre-Tri” , “Post-Tri”. “Amill”, or “Preterist”. I don’t think so. I know for one thing I do believe, all is for, the “Glory of God”! From Genesis to the “Revelation of Jesus Christ”! The suffering, the pains, the sadness, darkness that will lead into “Pure joy” that is unspeakable. No matter what we go through, it is going to be worth every dime! And when you get there, you might wish, you went through more!

:cool:
Yes indeed . Why make the Rapture so important . Jesus shall always be the center of our lives .

Loyal
You asked Why make the rapture so important? If Jesus Christ Is the center of your life -- you'll be raptured up when it happens. And it Is important because He will be taking the Church / Bride of Christ / up with Him. The Marriage Super of the Lamb will be taking place.

Loyal
Because the unction of the “Holy Spirit” yearning within my heart along beside my brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering from hunger and starvation and so many of my brothers and sisters with the Holy Spirit in them are so handicapped stricken and persecuted and tortured all over the world, who also longs for His return in who we are of the same “body “the same “Spirit” how can I so neglect also such a greater “charge” on their behave. They long for His return, their eyes search the sky’s, their affections are set in Heavenly places for we are joint heirs joint minds join together by “LORD GOD ALMIGHTY”. yes it does makes a difference , of the time of His arrival !
“Come Lord Jesus, Come quickly”!