• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If Jesus posted here, how would you know it was Him?

The question in the thread topic

• You would interogate him, and make Him prove himself with scripture only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You would utilize the Holy Spirit to help you determine the poster's identity.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It couldnt be Him, He has to arrive in the clouds and everyone has to see Him.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Perhaps He can show up in small meets like when He did before He appeared to the 12.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Staff Member
If Jesus posted here, how would you know if it was Him? What would you think of the encounter?

Interesting! :)
I probably won't know, but most assuredly He could make Himself known. Convincingly so!
Awesome, Humbling, Joyful, Convicting, so many emotions that it would draw me to Him.

It's a question that we should ask of in our everyday lives.
Do, we know Him and how so has He changed our lives?

Thanks for the thread brother!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Jesus proclaimed Himself the word of God. But does that mean the only words that Jesus is allowed to speak or ever have spoken are found in the canon of the bible? That would be very self containing of the God of the universe. And I think most people realize this even if they dont like to admit it.

Let me tell you how I see it. Most of what I write here is told me by the Holy Spirit, I leave to those who trust in the Holy Spirit to confirm it to you individually.
Selection 1. The pharisees, Sadducees, and teachers of the law did it this way and Jesus, THE WORD OF GOD, did NOT like their legalistic approach to the Kingdom of Heaven. He shows compassion when the law said not to do it. He got very angry at the moneychangers and did PHYSICAL violence toward them with a whip inside the Holy Temple, and they were accepted by the Holy men of the day as proper. He had harsh black criticism toward pharisees which violates what men are to avoid speaking ill of others without the proof of two or three witnesses. So.... doing it this way might really anger the Lord Jesus and at least irritate Him.

Selection 2. This is slightly better than selection 1. But there are lying spirits out there and you have to compare what is told to you in the Spirit to what scripture teaches, it shouldnt disagree with principles found there, yet the problems associate with selection 1 applies here as well, wisdom and willingness to accept we arent as wise as Jesus to know when to break with general teachings found in scripture.

Selection 3. Only one was brave enough to vote and selected this, but its sort of a trick question. In Acts 1:10-11 it says
10 And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

and Matt 26:64
Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Henceforth ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

and Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen.

In every verse, it speaks of SEEING Him. It says NOTHING about the WORD of God, Jesus, being able to speak without being seen. So it doesnt go against the situation, it could happen and not go against scripture.

In situation 4, its mainly a hint to look for reasons why it might happen. So whats the answer, it would be great to hear your thoughts, but even if you dont wish to answer, at least think about it, its an important question that we ALL should think about.

Loyal
'... the mystery of godliness:
- God was manifest in the flesh,
- justified in the Spirit,
- seen of angels,
- preached unto the Gentiles,
- believed on in the world,
- received up into glory. '

(1Tim. 3:15b-16)

Praise God!

Last edited:
Loyal
Jesus is the "Word" of God singular, he is not the words of God (plural) in the Bible. There is only one Jesus. When Jesus speaks he does not speak his own words, but only what he hears the Father say.
As the bible tells us, "If any man speaks, let him speak the very words of God....." Jesus speaks here on this forum all the time, the question should be are we listening?

Loyal
The Apostle was asked by the Church's what proof he could give to them that Jesus Christ was speaking through him.

2Cor 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

The Gospel in which Paul preached did not come from him self, but by direct revelation of Jesus Christ. The Church's understood the power of Paul's words that was "mighty in them" which brought about salvation's, and changed lives. The first person it changes is the one speaking them, before it changes anyone else.
That is the ultimate proof that Jesus speaks through a person.

Loyal
The Apostle was asked by the Church's what proof he could give to them that Jesus Christ was speaking through him.

2Cor 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

The Gospel in which Paul preached did not come from him self, but by direct revelation of Jesus Christ. The Church's understood the power of Paul's words that was "mighty in them" which brought about salvation's, and changed lives. The first person it changes is the one speaking them, before it changes anyone else.
That is the ultimate proof that Jesus speaks through a person.

Hello Curtis,

Yes. those asking the question of Paul, were, in themselves proof of Paul's Apostleship. An Apostle was 'a messenger', or 'a sent one'. Paul was an Apostle of the risen Christ. The message he conveyed was from the risen Christ.

'Do we begin again to commend ourselves?
or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you,
or letters of commendation from you?
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts,
known and read of all men:'

(2 Cor. 3:1)

'Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.'
(Mat 7:20)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
If Jesus posted here, how would you know if it was Him? What would you think of the encounter?
If we were His sheep, we would know His voice:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

Hopefully all of us are His sheep so we will not fail to properly identify Him.

Loyal
I am sure if Jesus himself personally (with out anyone knowing it was him) posted here he would face arguments from members this I am almost certain, people would argue they know scripture better then he sad but true

Staff Member
I am sure if Jesus himself personally (with out anyone knowing it was him) posted here he would face arguments from members this I am almost certain, people would argue they know scripture better then he sad but true

and He'd probably get banned for being full of Himself (No rudeness to the Lord for that, O Lord).

and if He sent a messenger first, would we treat His messenger honourably?

Greetings Dave,

we do get the occasional one who has an overestimation of themselves as well as quite a few who plainly do not intend to lift the Lord's Name on High and doing due diligence to keep such out and away can be tasking for some here, so thank you for your willingness to not join in the arguments as much as you are able and adding to the unholy riot that sometimes manifests in His name.

History hasn't changed anyone much.
But we can be thankful and rejoice in that there is One Who can change anyone who will come humbly to Him and follow, believing all the way!

I think what many forget and I am no better at all, is that He gave His life and a Bible, too. The Life is for living and the Bible for sharing and for our benefit, not for using against each other and certainly not to stand upon to be seen or heard and to look taller than we are.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
and He'd probably get banned for being full of Himself (No rudeness to the Lord for that, O Lord)

Full of grace, mercy, truth, love.......

And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.And they talked together of all these things which had happened. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus Himself drew near, and went with them.But their eyes were holden that they should not know Him........

......And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him; and He vanished out of their sight. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?

Luke 24: 13-16 & 30-32

Loyal
And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?

Luke 24: 13-16 & 30-32

This action happened due to their being open to the Holy Spirit, instead of relying on man's interpretation of scripture. I pray we all might attempt to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

He would be boldly blasting those who had no mercy for others (the hypocrites, proud and Pharasitical) and gentle as a lamb (still with truth) to those who are broken, humble and needing His mercy.

Loyal
Unfortunately spiritual growth has what we could call "growing pains". Before a person can learn something new they have to let go of some preconceived ideas that we thought was true but are not.
Most people will fight to keep what they think is true but is not, because we surly can not be wrong. The Word of God is the only weapon that can destroy false thinking, but if we are unwilling to let go, then there will always be friction.
As the Apostle Peter said, "if any man speaks let him speak the very words of God." (1 Peter 4:11) They have divine power to destroy fortresses that have been built up in mans mind. Only Jesus speaking through his Church can accomplish such a task.

I think the holy spirit inside would let me know if it him for sure. My sheep know my voice.....

Loyal
LOL If Jesus showed up here personally (in posts of course) Then I believe the righteous would recognize Him. The rest would argue doctrine with Him...."My pastor knows better than you!" "I don't believe that!" "It's too hard!" Since He lives in us, those who fellowship with him in spirit will / do know His Spirit.