• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

if i haven't got baptized yet, am i a chritian?

not because I dont want to. just because nobody arrange it for me. i cant baptize myself you know.
on the other hand, John was the first person who baptized people, and he even baptized Jesus.
before the baptism , I think Jesus had been the God already.
And without any doubt, John was a christian, right? Since he was the first person who started baptism, nobody baptized John before. So i think be baptized by spirit is more effective than be baptized by water.

Am i right?
if not, please correct me. honestly!:confused:

Belief is the key to salvation.

Romans 10
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

Read this:
Luke 23
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us." 40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." 42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." 43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

Was the one whom Jesus said , "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Baptized?

What did John the Baptist say about the baptism of Jesus?
Matthew 3:11
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Administrator
Staff Member
Yes, it all boils down to belief in Christ Jesus that we are saved by grace through faith. Baptism is an outward expression of what you believe but it is in the heart inside that GOD looks right through to see what you believe. Amen

Hey Jesusisthegod,

Some more good questions.

Baptism is a cleansing ritual that actually does go back way before Jesus time. John's baptsim was simply to show that the people were turning away from your sins - repentance. (Mark 1:4)

Jesus was God before He came to earth as a human baby. He has always been God along with the Father and the Holy Spirit. All three are divine, eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing, and everywhere! Jesus kept his Godness (deity) even though he became human also. He became human so that he could die for us, in our place. John chapter 1, verses 1-4 and 14 speaks about Jesus as being God. Colossians 1:16-19 and 2:9 speaks about Jesus as creator, and that the fulness of God was in him.

To be baptized as a Christian has a fuller meaning than Johns' Baptism, which will take too long if I explain it here, but you might want to check out these scriptures:
Romans chapter 6, verses 1-10 and Galatians chater 3, verse 27

It is so good that you are thinking of getting baptized. I hope you find someone soon who can do it for you. Obviously you have to be a Christian before you get baptized; baptism is just the outward sign of the already begun inward salvation.

To be baptized in the Holy Spirit is something altogether different, so you can't really compare it with water baptism.

love
evangeline

Last edited: