• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I want to stop volunteering as a teacher and get salary now.

My dearest in Christ Jesus,

I am writing to ask you to hold and support me in your prayers so that our Lord GOD, Yahweh, the Almighty may perform a miracle.

Well, I have been volunteering three years ago and I'm in my third year. I graduated two years ago from the teachers training colege but i'm not yet recruited while in the junior secondary (I'm teaching there is a big lack and a big need of teachers. I teach English and i'm in charge of the students who're in teh firt and the second form (the seventh grade and the eighth grade).

I ask for yahweh to remembr me and make me recruited as a teacher of English in the same school I am ever teaching and before the beginning of next school year 2013/2014 and that will start in October 2014.

I have no salary and live yet with my parents. There are things I would like to do, but the lack of money doesn't help me. I'm 33 and single. here teaching is not taken into consideration and teachers of English are in need and even in private public (private) schools but most of them don't pay well.

Thanks a lot to pray for me.

Last edited:
I would agree that no matter where you go as a teacher you won't get payed what you're gift is worthy off making as parent of six and grandad to ten I know what it's worth to me ...the gift to teach is a true gift from God so I am glad you are seeking Him on this ....lord I ask if you so gifted my brother that you show him how to use this to prosper for you're Glory that you show Him his needs are not over looked and that you show him how to place his faith in you and not monetary gain . Lord open his eyes to you're leading that you may bless him so he may continue to bless others in you're name ....! Be still and know that I am God The Lord would say to you ! Rev

Active
Praying that God would open doors of opportunities, and connect you to the right people.

(If you haven't already) Create a portfolio of the activities at the school and your teaching philosophy. Think of this long process as preparation for your dream job. Starting your own tutoring business is also an option. Most importantly network.

God is mighty and wonderful, just trust Him

Proverbs 3:5-6
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own wisdom.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy ways.

Thanks a lot for all your replies and it's very lovely and encouraging to know again I'm not alone.

May Yahweh bless you in Jesus Christ of Nazareth!!!

Praying that God would open doors of opportunities, and connect you to the right people.

(If you haven't already) Create a portfolio of the activities at the school and your teaching philosophy. Think of this long process as preparation for your dream job. Starting your own tutoring business is also an option. Most importantly network.

God is mighty and wonderful, just trust Him

Proverbs 3:5-6
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own wisdom.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy ways.

At school I've been teaching for five years (I'm in my fifth year as a voluntary) I launched the English Club, but most of pupils aren't interested. And this year I wanted to start with coaching some pupils since there are only two teachers in te whole school for 24 classrooms. Parents weren't quite interested. I am wondering yet how and what I should do. I can't help pupils in need finacially when it's necessary. I teach in five classrooms either two in the first form (sixth grade) and three in the third form (grade 8). I also started with tutorials at school but, just a few pupils were interested. Their parents signed the authorization so that their children come without lying to their parents. It's very hard.

With the political and social situation, things become harder and harder and I don't knwo what am I to do.

I can't lose heart neither deny my Life, Jesus Christ. I'm very ashamed when my father gives me money for my dispenses. i've got to asist him ,but he's still doing it for me. And, he's ill then he needs assistance. And when I must a pupil in need it's not easy. For example I am keeping communication with some of my pupils in need and when saying that public schools (I mean private school for US citizens)don't pay well it doesn't mean I need more money. NO! What most of public schools pay for us can't help us to reach the end of the month, inckuding food and transportation and others. That's why many teachers who are working in public schools multiply places to study so that they win enough or more money. Imagine that a tecaher is paid CFA 1,000-1,500 an hour and for an English teacher, he or she has to perform four hours a week either 16 a month. Unfortunately in some they have reduce hours either 3h or 2h in a week. And a music teacher has only one hour a week per class. Transportation cost CFA 150 and bread costs the same. Food is a kind of gymnastics.

My pupils don't know I'm unpaid by fear of being under pressure when they know my situation I mean from rich parents. However some parents knew my situation, but for this year I didn't tell them.

Sorry if you notice that I spreead out my life. However I had to do some so that you understand better why I posted my prayer request.

Thanks a lot for I know you won't stop to keep on praying for me.

And to end my post, I will borrow the God's speech in the Holy Bible:

Ask, seek, knock
7 ‘Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 ‘Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets
-Matthew 7:7-12New International Version - UK (NIVUK)-

SHALOM!!!

I would agree that no matter where you go as a teacher you won't get payed what you're gift is worthy off making as parent of six and grandad to ten I know what it's worth to me ...the gift to teach is a true gift from God so I am glad you are seeking Him on this ....lord I ask if you so gifted my brother that you show him how to use this to prosper for you're Glory that you show Him his needs are not over looked and that you show him how to place his faith in you and not monetary gain . Lord open his eyes to you're leading that you may bless him so he may continue to bless others in you're name ....! Be still and know that I am God The Lord would say to you ! Rev

AMEN!

11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart
-Jeremiah 29:11-13New International Version - UK (NIVUK)-

Some people are mocking and blaming me because I accepted to tbe an unpaid teacher. Then I am crying out to my Lord God so that He opens me His doors of Blessings on me and those surrounding me. I want all of my enemies to admit that my lord is God and Almighty and so that they glorify Him.

Matthew 5:13-16

Loyal
Tell the people over you that you are ashamed that they feel you deserve nothing after all your hard work and are looking into other occupations where you are valued. Perhaps they will relent and pay you.

Tell the people over you that you are ashamed that they feel you deserve nothing after all your hard work and are looking into other occupations where you are valued. Perhaps they will relent and pay you.

I agree with you, but I fear of being the centre of a kind of revolution within the school. Most assuredly I will be going to teach pupils I am teaching now in the third form (eight grade) for next year in the fourth form (ninth grade). Since if the government don't recruit any teachers we'll be only two to be teaching in the whole school either 24 classrooms for both of us. My colleague and I are members in a common community church and her husband knows me well.

Besides me there two or three other colleagues who're voluntaries like me, but they're in their first year and they only have six hours for three first form (sixth grade) classes either two hours in a class. In short I am in a predicament. However I really want my situation to be changed for God's Glory only.

Concerning the trade union most of them are corrupted and, that's why our strikes never go till end because some of the members accept money in exchange of stopping strike.Now they are going to be on strike from 15 April in spite of the political and social trouble after the presidential election ( I posted a prayer request regarding it in the forum).

Pupils love me those who're in the second form (seventh grade lost a whole year without doing English). In the beginning they were very sad and coming and talking top me about and definitely they understood me. Some were joining the Club as they were doing last year, but for this year our Club didn't work well because of some trouble (perturbation) due to the political situation and I couldn't coach them. I pray that the head teacher when coming back from overseas allows me to lead the Club during holidays. Next year they won't do English since all schools need good results for the exam then they focus on the fourth form pupils.

I will do what you Brad Huber told me to d, but it'll be better I do it for next year not for now. And when thinking about I have to keep on praying so that our Lord God and father help me and let me know to do what is right and righteous according to His willpower.

SHALOM!!!

Staff Member
How are you @Alive4Jesus

Just catching up with how things are for you.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Proverbs 3:5-8

How are you @Alive4Jesus

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Hello Fragrant Grace,

Thanks a lot for sharing my situation. I'm doing fine and things are doing fin here and, regarding my occupation, the board in charge of the secondary eduacation in Brazzaville officially signed a letter in which my name has been maintained amongst those athorized to teach as vacataries in the capital city. Normally we should be paid in a few months. I really do hope so. I was informed about yesterday only. Then I obviously tak jesus Chrost for His Amazing Grace and Love.

John chapter 11:40

How are you @Alive4Jesus

My brethren,

I have to to inform you about my situation until it'll be done since you're my prayers partners. At school I've been told and informed that we're in right to teach as vacataries since there is now an official document signed by our head and which is allowing us to teach in state (public) schools but, we don't knwo yet when we'll be remunerated. For now the academic year 2015-2016 is going to end since our pupils are waiting for the third term exam from 6-14 June.

Thanks to keep on praying for me.

Romans 15:1

SHALOM!!!

Shalom to you all my brethren,

As promised I am going to inform you about my situation orour situation since i'm not the only one concerned with. Well, in my school and where I am still volunteering (unpaid) teacher and though I graduated from the teacher training college, we're now six unpaid teachers and for this school year ending I've been appointed as the deputy head of the department. The only one civil servant is our head while the other one has come back school to help us because he left us for hthe postgraduate.

In fact I love teaching and would like if God wills of course to pursue in this field and I also love my children and in the same way as I would like all of them to meet Jesus Christ as it happened in the film (movie) "Facinf the giants". Of coyurse it's just a film but, with God on my side everythig is possible. And while our school system depends on the government I pray our Lord God to lead and inspire me through His Holy Spirit. For the forthcoming year they (my heads) want me to teach in the highest lever I mean the fourth form or ninth grade, which is the last year in junior secondary school. With much more work to do of course.

Thanks a lot for your prayers!

Active
Since I graduated nobodys been paying me to work in my vocation..or profession (librarianship) and Im 36. i expect I will reach 65 before I can find a full time job when all the baby boomers have died or retired. Lol. By the time I reach 100 I might be able to afford a house.

However. I have learned that God works things out for good for those called according to HIS purpose. I dont know how long Joseph was in that jail for but I expect he never got paid for what he did interpreting dreams either. Till that one day it came to pass and God placed him in the right position. And then that wasnt for Josephs personal gain(he already knew he had Gods favour right from the beginning) but so all his brothers could benefit too.

I think we never quite know what Gods purpose and plan is unless we truly seek Him out and ask He reveal it to us...we must never measure our worth by the worlds standards but by His.

Yes its tough living on nothing...but there are so many people in the same boat and the ones that are living off the labour of others have often got there through ill gotten gains. Stay true to God. It does teach us to have faith and persevere...and patience. He is preparing you for good things.

Loyal
@Alive4Jesus
We will lift you up and pray in agreement.

However I want to ask you this question.
How much time have you put forth seeking Yahweh in this?

Are you 100 percent sure this is your proper direction Yahwey has for you?

I only ask because it is easy to feel something is from God and it really is just us.

I am not saying this is your situation, just asking you to be 100 percent that us what He wants you to do.

As I said will be Praying for sure.
In His Grip
Jim

@Alive4Jesus
We will lift you up and pray in agreement.

However I want to ask you this question.
How much time have you put forth seeking Yahweh in this?

Are you 100 percent sure this is your proper direction Yahwey has for you?

I only ask because it is easy to feel something is from God and it really is just us.

I am not saying this is your situation, just asking you to be 100 percent that us what He wants you to do.

As I said will be Praying for sure.
In His Grip
Jim
Shalom Wired 4 Fishen,

How happy I am after reading your reply. Of course I ever and very often wonder whether it's my posiyion or place where i am teaching. The fact and the real one is that we are numerous in such a situation. Recently there over 14,000 volunteer teachers in our country and we need to be recruited. I am talking about all teachers in our country and from primary to secondary school. In my school, where I have been teaching as a volunteer we are six teachers in Eglish deprtment but only one is a civil servant while all five we are not not recuited and in French one only is a civil servant and all others are volunteer. Unfortunately for many reasons three or four French teacher left school then many pupils lost teachers in french. For your information, french is our official language I mean the language of teaching in Congo Brazzaville (republic of Congo).

I love teaching and I am fully convinced that I am a way of blessing to all of my pupils. I am meeting a lot of problems with them and even finacialy but I am unable to help them. many of them come from poor parents or very poor ones, included oprhans. How could I help such puils when I have no money. And, of course I don't tel them I don't get paid for my job. teaching in congo isn't easy. It's very taught to be a teacher in the republic of Congo.

Every year the government promes us the recruitment while there are teachers who get retried every year.

Sincerely, I am wondering whether I have to say or believe I am lost but, I always wonder what i must do and what yahweh is expecting from me or what He is asking for me.Maybe I don't or didn't obey His way. I don't know what hapened and what is happening. I graduated in 2012 and, amongst all my colleagues, all those who graduated from the teachers training teachers, te government chose to recruit science students and it was the same in 2011. There is only one grande école for teachers training and the number of students to recruit is always very reduced.

By the way, during the negociations, our union is often victim of corruption. Every year a sort of strike is decided and it never worked since at the end they call to return school for teaching while the promises remain identical.

I wrote a lot but I do hope you knwo understand better how our situation here in the republic of Congo. We all need your prayers.

Thanks a lot for all your prayers.

Shalom to you all!

Active
You are helping them when you have no money just by teaching them and showing them you care. You dont need money to help other people you just need time.

I do think christians need to get out of this mindset that if we were richer or had more money we could help more people. We are already rich in our hearts.

Remember God wants us to spend eternity with Him and we cant buy that..,Jesus already paid the price.

Since I graduated nobodys been paying me to work in my vocation..or profession (librarianship) and Im 36. i expect I will reach 65 before I can find a full time job when all the baby boomers have died or retired. Lol. By the time I reach 100 I might be able to afford a house.

However. I have learned that God works things out for good for those called according to HIS purpose. I dont know how long Joseph was in that jail for but I expect he never got paid for what he did interpreting dreams either. Till that one day it came to pass and God placed him in the right position. And then that wasnt for Josephs personal gain(he already knew he had Gods favour right from the beginning) but so all his brothers could benefit too.

I think we never quite know what Gods purpose and plan is unless we truly seek Him out and ask He reveal it to us...we must never measure our worth by the worlds standards but by His.

Yes its tough living on nothing...but there are so many people in the same boat and the ones that are living off the labour of others have often got there through ill gotten gains. Stay true to God. It does teach us to have faith and persevere...and patience. He is preparing you for good things.

Sincerely,

I am very happy to be a member of Talk Jesus. And when i think I disappeared from here!

Well, of course I can't do everything with money and don't need to solve all problemw my pupils are meeting with. Can you imagine there are pupils who are hungry and come to meet for asking something to eat? Will be glad you have been unable to help? And although I am unpaid, I am sad when knowing that there are many pupils who have no parents and many others who dislike reading their lesons and others who dwell in sexual immorality and even are abused unconsciously. Even our Saviour and Lord fed people after teacing them the Good News. So I think we ought to help when we can. Of course I am not Santa Claus to help all children.

And
James 4:17 says the following one: "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them." In the past it hapened I offered some sweets (candies) to sthem when I had a little money. Or when I haven't enough I surprisingly reward the one who gives the good answer but that is worth everybody.

This is only a particular point.

You know I appreciate all your replies and in your first one you refer to Joseph who is one my real first reference in the Holy Bible. I liked his story since I was a little boy in Sunday School: as a young boy he could face temptation when his boss' wife came to him and asked for him to have intercourses. He feared Yahweh then he refused and rejected all her proposals.

Again I thank you for your interest in my topic.

I am very grateful to you all reading my topic.

May Yaing my topic!!!hweh strengthen your faith more and more as it is said and written in Hebrews 11:6.