• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I need help..I don't know if my faith is strong enough

I don't know if I need prayer or just a christain to talk to. It has been one year and one month since I miscarriaged. That was a miracle in its self. I was told from the age of sixteen that I would never have kids. I waited to get married until I was 32 years old. Then I got pregnant two years later. I lost my baby. I was so hurt and I was I hate to admit it. I was very angry with the Lord in taking my child away from me. Well, alot of time, tears, anger, depression, and heartache has passed. I am gaining better control with the Lord's help each day. I just am afraid that the Lord doesn't want me to have kids. I have a church that I attend and I have weekly bible studies with a couple from our church and that has helped me and my husband out alot. I guess I am looking for some scripture to keep me going. Can any one relate to this story and give me some advice? or Can anybody tell me that they have been where I have been? I know that whatever the Lord's will is for my life I will accept it, I'm just scared that He thinks I wouldn't be a good mom or something. I know that all things works for the good for those that love the Lord. I just need some extra advice. :cat:

I've been down that road of wanting children but have not concieved though had a stroke due to trying to get pregnant. All my life I have always dreamed of having a big family. It was so hurtful after the Neurologist said no more trying as another stroke could be very harmful to me, to the point of being disabled. I cried when I spoke with my Pastor about it, like all my dreams just went down the tube. It hurt so much, no words can describe that pain. It has only been 7 months since my stroke. I am here if you need to talk.
God bless you sister.
Michele

Genisis 1:28
God blessed them and told them, “Multiply and fill the earth and subdue it.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

God, we know your word is true because you cannot lie. Father we ask in the name of your Son Jesus our Savior, bless our sister Biblestebo, heal her womb so that she can witness your love and power, allow her to fulfill your word in Genisis and raise children, who will know of you and your ways. Holy Spirit we ask you to manifest the supernatural gift of Faith so we can recieve what our Father is about to do. Amen!
P.S. Thank you Jesus for making this all possible.

I just wanted to say taht if you need to talk I will listen. Also there are many children in this world who need loving caring parents. Remeber that we as children of God are also adopted into the family. I myself have never experienced the loss or the pain that you have and I wont claim to. I just want to let you know that if you need someone to listen to I am here for both you and mymakersdaughter. Love in Christ your sister Bobbie

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Biblestebo said:
I know that whatever the Lord's will is for my life I will accept it, I'm just scared that He thinks I wouldn't be a good mom or something. I know that all things works for the good for those that love the Lord.

Biblestebo:

My husband and I recently celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary. We do not have children. I have experienced all the emotions related to issues of infertility.

I am grieved about your miscarriage. Please accept my deepest sympathy. I do not believe that it is a matter of whether or not God thinks you will be a good mother. He has a plan for your life and will glorify Himself. Trust in Him.

"He grants the barren woman a home, like a joyfull mother of children" (Psalm 113:9, NKJ).

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
The child of David and Bathsheba's adulterous relationship was struck very sick. David prayed and fasted for the child's welfare. David's servants were concerned for him, because he would not rise from the earth nor eat. After seven days, the child died. The servants were afraid to tell David of the death because of his grief while the child lay sick; however, David saw them whispering and he knew the child was dead. This knowledge was confirmed. David, then, arose from the earth, washed and anointed himself, changed his clothes, and went to the house of the LORD and worshipped. He came back home, had his servants fix him food and he did eat. His actions/reactions amazed them. They asked why he fasted and wept while the child was still alive and why he arose and ate after the child died. His reply was, "...While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me , that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."(This story may be read in 2 Samuel 12; quoted verses 22-23) You can have the assurance that you can go to be with your child and get to know him in eternity; however, I realize that a part of you died with the miscarriage. God can fill the void with HIMSELF and uphold you when the longing for a child becomes heavy upon you. As stated above, God has plans for you and all HE does in/through your life. God bless!!!

Last edited:
So many of us understand your pain. The loss of a child is a deep aching loss.

However, as always, there really is only one resort and that is to trust in the Lord with all your heart. Pour out your heart like water to him. Share with him all your feelings of pain and grief and sorrow. It is more than just the child, it is all of your life that is grievous to you. Then after pouring out that heart turn to God with a heart full of trust. He will minister to you. He will comfort you. He will lead you and guide you into his will.

And please do not go down that road of questioning if God took the baby because of something wrong with you. That is tormenting and accusing and that is NOT our God. That is from the devil. He is the tormentor and the accuser...No. The Lord is the One who will turn it all to the good and who has your baby in his loving care.

Read Philippians 4:4-8 and pray through that scripture and let God give you peace, the peace that passes all understanding.

Blessings to you and your husband,

my mother- in law had rhumatic fever when she was very young. She was told that she would not live past 16 years and should never have children. She had 5 children all premature, but they are all grown and healthy now. She is 64 years old and healthy. I believe she will have a long life. God is in control!!!

Orphan

Have you considered adopting an orphan?

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Pa. 82:3 KJV

Biblestebo said:
I don't know if I need prayer or just a christain to talk to. It has been one year and one month since I miscarriaged. That was a miracle in its self. I was told from the age of sixteen that I would never have kids. I waited to get married until I was 32 years old. Then I got pregnant two years later. I lost my baby. I was so hurt and I was I hate to admit it. I was very angry with the Lord in taking my child away from me. Well, alot of time, tears, anger, depression, and heartache has passed. I am gaining better control with the Lord's help each day. I just am afraid that the Lord doesn't want me to have kids. I have a church that I attend and I have weekly bible studies with a couple from our church and that has helped me and my husband out alot. I guess I am looking for some scripture to keep me going. Can any one relate to this story and give me some advice? or Can anybody tell me that they have been where I have been? I know that whatever the Lord's will is for my life I will accept it, I'm just scared that He thinks I wouldn't be a good mom or something. I know that all things works for the good for those that love the Lord. I just need some extra advice. :cat:

Administrator
Staff Member
That's amazing Laurel! God is truly amazing in all things He does.

Psalm 30:2
O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Yeshua, I think the Lord does want you to have kids, you are probably really good with them! maybe he just wants you to adopt or something, there is a reason forevery thing, dont me sad me happy! love ya, livin4u

Dear sister, I do not have the words from scripture to comfort you but I know from reading your post you have a servant's heart. I pray your wishes will be fulfilled.The Lord knows how much love you have to offer and He will find a channel so that it will never go to waste. Your faith is strong in adversity - anyone can have faith when all is well and this is a tremendous statement of belief on your part. Take heart from your husband and friends - they are there for you.I am a stranger thousands of miles from you but I assure you in the end your faith will deliver you according to God's plan.It is perfectly natural to feel angry and anxious but keep trusting and waiting for God's wonderful plan for you to be revealed.God Bless you.

Nicholas.

I shall remember you in my parayers. God bless you an strengthen you. May he help you through this time and help you to walk the path he has laid out for you

Excuse me for interupting your discussion with a my coming.
I am 22 years old, and I became a chrisitan since I was 6. I suffered persecution for 8 years by my very teachers and "friends". At 18 I was baptized in water.
I am new here and have some questions.
What do I have to do to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
I know it's something that only the Lord can give, and I know that people who did receive it now live a life full of love for the Lord.
I desire that baptism so much and prayed for it many times, but I received no answers.
The other question is: according to the bible, to receive an answer from the Lord it is necessary to pray many times, or just one time? Some people told me that I have to pray many many times, but I think that when I ask forgiveness for my sins, I have to pray just once. Is this contradiction?
I would like you to pray for me, for me too can be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Thanks

Holy_Knight

I need help...I don't know if my faith is strong enough

:thumbs_up :girl: :love:

I don't know what it ls like not to have children but I have miscarried on a number of occassions, the thing that I know 100% is that I will see my babies when I go to be with my father. I agree with all that has been said by the other people. You need to pour out your heart to the Lord and he will heal you of the pain you are carrying.

The Lord is gracious,loving and compassionate he will give you peace and the assurance that you need.

Gods child

I just wanted to let you know that God is for sure in Control.... My sister has had 8 miscarriages (one being a set of twins) and she now has 3 children. My grandmother had 13 miscarriages and one still born and has 2 full grown daughters. I myself have had 6 miscarriages and I have 1 son who is now 9 months old.

The doctors told my sister that she would never have children because at the age of 15 when she was sinning and running away from home she got Clemidia (sp?). Clemidia is an STD that causes you to become sterile!! So she should have never even gotten pregnant!
Also my Grandmother had a drug injected into her that they were doing back in her time and it was suppose to help women carry babies instead of miscarrying. Well come to find out, this injected drug was more deadly than thought and was killing the babies after they got older. My mom should have died but she did not!

I know the pain you are going through and it is a very hard road. If you need someone to talk to just let me know. I will be more than willing to listen. pray or talk!

God Bless you
LYSIC
Shauna

hi Biblestebo! Don't give up Hope! Two years ago, I was pregnant with my second child. I assumed that this would be a healthy pregnancy as was my first. When I went to the doctor's office after realizing I might be pregnant, they broke the news to me that there was a large chance I would not carry this child. After that, I started spotting. I tried to take things easy and everyone around me tried to help me at work, at home, etc. I was about 3 months along and was feeling pretty good. I was doing housework and all of a sudden my back started killing me. Nothing eased the pain. My husband took me to the ER that night and they did a vaginal ultrasound. I started bleeding heavily and the doctor told me that I will probably miscarry that night. That night we spent the night at my in-laws house since it was near the hospital and they tried to get my mind off of the pain I was experiencing. Early the next morning I was hurting so bad I thought I was dying. I woke my husband up and asked him if he could please take me home. I wanted to be home. As he helped me in the car I told him that I thought I was dying. He got me home and as soon as I turned the knob on the door I felt a gush. I ran to the bathroom and my baby lay there. I'm not trying to be gross or anything, I am telling you my experience. I have never in my life felt so empty. Miscarriages are not only painful physically but they are also mentally. I did not want to talk to anyone. I did not want to see anyone. No one can understand your pain but those who have been through it, and if I had the kind of faith I have in God presently, I could have healed much faster, spiritually. Two weeks to the day my baby was taken, I was asleep and had a dream. I dreamed that my baby was laying on a couch and I didn't care for her. She kept crying and crying and she always had these tears in her eyes. One day I went to my mother's house and she asked where the baby was. I told her I left her lying on the couch. My mother was disappointed in me and could not believe that I would do something like that. The phone rang and it was the OBGYN. I asked what is wrong with my baby? He told me that she had a physical handicap that she would have the rest of her life where her tear ducts would always run and she would always look like she's crying. At that moment, I felt sooo horrible because of the way I treated her. I went home and scooped my baby in my arms and cried and told her I was sorry and that her mommy loves her. At that very second, the tears from her eyes dried and in my mind she started to talk to me. She said, mommy, I'm okay now. Don't cry. I'm going back to heaven but I will come back to be with you again soon and then I will be healthy. I woke up. When I looked at the alarm clock, it was the exact same time I had miscarried two weeks earlier. After that, I felt at peace because I knew she was okay. Six months later, I became pregnant again. It was a girl. In my heart I knew she was the same one, except she was healthy this time. I thank GOD for her everyday. Your Heavenly Father knows your pain and he will wipe your tears away, just as he did mine. Don't lost faith in him because he knows what is best for you. Keep praying and he will answer your prayers. Sorry this is so long, but I just want you to know that you are not alone. God has wrapped his loving arms around you and engulfed you with his LOVE. When he is ready to send you another little one, he will. Trust in HIM. In the meantime just know that your little angel is there safe and sound and happy and perfect in HEAVEN where we are all striving to go one day. May God continue to bless you! ~~Lani

Loyal
Hello. My name is Bill. When my wife and i first got married . We found i could not have children. When i was a child i had Mumps with a high fever for weeks . The result was i cant have children.

I love children

A year or so later , my wife learned about foster children. We fostered well over 12 children and adopted 5. That was 28 yrs ago . My youngest daughter is expecting again. So this summer i will be a grandfather x 3

If it is in your heart to adopt. Dont go to the adoption agencies. They are a meat market . Go to your local social services. There are plenty of children to adopt that are local

I will pray for you

I recommend the book
Pray Big Things Paperback – September 3, 2019
by Julia Jeffress Sadler LPC (Author)
In Pray Big Things, Julia Jeffress Sadler dares you to start praying big. Sharing her own story of God's life-changing answers to bold prayers--a miraculous journey through infertility, miscarriages, and giving birth to triplets--Julia challenges you to take God at His Word and see Him move like never before. Humorous, practical, and filled with biblical insights, this book will give you the courage to pray big things and watch expectantly for God's even bigger answers.

She is the daughter of Robert Jeffress Senior Pastor of First Baptist Dallas.