• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I know Jesus Forgives but I'm not sure he will forgive me after this act.

Active
to think a non believer, like an atheist, dies spiritually and goes to hell is in error. Those spirits do not die ; they are bound to eternal damnation in hell, where the worm never quits eating and the fire is never quenched. Amen

Active
This has been a sore spot for oh so many believers,the unforgivable sin talked about matt 12:26-37 and in Mark 3:28-30 But please look very close at verse 30!!! This is the sin! I do not know of anyone myself who has ever said that Jesus Christ had any unclean Spirit!! People have spoke against many things, tongues etc... Blasphemy is defined in verse 30! This is the eternal sin! Even when i was a non believer I could never ever say Jesus had any evil spirit, did you?? The problem is that many believers look to add to this sin, when there should not be any thing to add! SO!!!! Rom 4:8 fits all of us! For in Rom 4:8 if anyone in there right mind knows, who could ever say in there right mind Jesus Christ had an evil Spirit?? Even when my mind was so very dark,i could never say this! And how could the Lord then ever say this??( rom 8:1???) So please!! because i sure did this for a number of years myself,do not beat yourself up over something you never did! I sure hope this brings comfort to so many! 2 cor 1:3-7!!) Blessing all!

Active
it happened to a self righteous preacher that called me the devil. I watched as the Lord placed a black veil over him. When I enquired of the Lord what that was; He took me to Jude v. 12, 13.

When someone comes through the door professing they come in the name of the Lord, one may want to consider God before one treats them shamefully. Amen.

I greived for him and the fold beyond any words i can say. The congregation was sprinkled with a gray mist, as well. Even though they knew it was wrong, they said absolutely nothing. For he was raging wave. So sad.

Active
This has been a sore spot for oh so many believers,the unforgivable sin talked about matt 12:26-37 and in Mark 3:28-30 But please look very close at verse 30!!! This is the sin! I do not know of anyone myself who has ever said that Jesus Christ had any unclean Spirit!! People have spoke against many things, tongues etc... Blasphemy is defined in verse 30! This is the eternal sin! Even when i was a non believer I could never ever say Jesus had any evil spirit, did you?? The problem is that many believers look to add to this sin, when there should not be any thing to add! SO!!!! Rom 4:8 fits all of us! For in Rom 4:8 if anyone in there right mind knows, who could ever say in there right mind Jesus Christ had an evil Spirit?? Even when my mind was so very dark,i could never say this! And how could the Lord then ever say this??( rom 8:1???) So please!! because i sure did this for a number of years myself,do not beat yourself up over something you never did! I sure hope this brings comfort to so many! 2 cor 1:3-7!!) Blessing all!
Before i became a christian i said many terrible things about Jesus. at one point I thought he was part of some alien conspiracy to prevent man-kind from saving itself. i dont know that i ever went so far as to claim that Jesus Himself had an unclean spirit, but i certainly said and believed some terrible things about Him. so I am not sure that is what the unforgiveable sin is. Jesus even said that people can blaspheme Him, blaspheme the Father, and they can be forgive for both. its only blaspheme of The Holy Spirit that is unforgiveable. as to what that is... i dont know. Did Jesus say that the pharisees committed blasphemy of The Holy Spirit? I dont think he said that, I think He made the comment that blasphemy of The Holy Spirit is the only unforgiveable sin. many people assume that Jesus made the statement that the sin had been committed, I think maybe He was just warning them that if they persisted in their sin that they could end up committing the unforgiveable sin. thats just my current opinion tho

Active
it happened to a self righteous preacher that called me the devil. I watched as the Lord placed a black veil over him. When I enquired of the Lord what that was; He took me to Jude v. 12, 13.

When someone comes through the door professing they come in the name of the Lord, one may want to consider God before one treats them shamefully. Amen.

I greived for him and the fold beyond any words i can say. The congregation was sprinkled with a gray mist, as well. Even though they knew it was wrong, they said absolutely nothing. For he was raging wave. So sad.
what led up to the man calling you a devil?

I am sorry that you are confused with this. but there is no conflict or contradiction here.
Let me try and explain each verse and see if I can ease your confusion:
  • Luke 2:12 And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven... some translations say that: " every matter of sin can be forgiven" including rejecting Jesus or God. How is it forgiven? Well, anytime before you die and you repent, accept Jesus work and come to God (believe), you will be saved
  • Mark 3:29 And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven JohnP, look at this way, it is kind of a play on the word Blaspheme :
  1. You die a believer, having accepted Jesus / God and receive the Holy Spirit inside you....i.e., you have not rejected or Blasphemed the Holy Spirit! Remember, as a believer, you have the Holy SPIRIT inside you! -or-
  2. You die a non-believer, having NOT accepted Jesus / God and have NOT received the Holy Spirit in you...i.e., you have rejected or Blasphemed the Holy Spirit.
  3. A believer = a person who has NOT rejected or Blasphemed the Holy Spirit. If you die in this condition, you will go to Heaven.
  4. A non-believer = a person who HAS rejected or Blasphemed the Holy Spirit....if you die in this condition, like an Atheist, you will die spiritually and you go to Hell and not Heaven.
I am sorry, I don't know how to explain it any better! But, if need be, I will try again.....God Bless!

My question in regards to this topic is relating to this particular scripture

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Does that mean a person will seek forgiveness, but won't be able to receive it? Or this particular person will never come to know christ to receive forgiveness?

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father who has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Active

RJ

Does that mean a person will seek forgiveness, but won't be able to receive it? Or this particular person will never come to know christ to receive forgiveness?
In regards to the unpardonable sin, "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit", I think your answer is : "this particular person will never come to know Christ to receive forgiveness?" and here is why:
For reasons that can be explained by a separate thread
, Jesus often taught with parables, symbolism, allegories, etc.," I see the use of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" no different, and it is likened to a "play on words".
  • We should all agree that, if one is earnest and truthful in his acceptance of the gospel, God tells us that he will forgive any sin and by their faith , save that person.
  • A trademark of a saved Christian is that person has the Holy Spirit in them as a gift from God and a deposit for redemption.
  • Conversely, a person who dies as a non-believer, dies rejecting the gospel, Jesus / God and does not posses the Holy Spirit as a deposit for future hope.
  • Being the only unpardonable sin that man can commit, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, is the same as dieing as a non-believer. And, of course, Biblically , we all know that such a person is not saved.

Active
Brother TaylorDonBarret,fine point!! As you, and most of the rest of us understands,there has been a serious lack of discipline in our Church today.( 1 Peter 4:17-19) Many preachers see nothing wrong with adding a word here,or taking out a scripture there. hence the discipline for us the believers who look to be encouraged, and to encourage others in our walk in Christ Jesus! Notice please verse 19! I, among the many servants as you all,have been greatly tested in mind and spirit to consider more of what man says then what Jesus ( The Word) says about himself!

Holy Spirit, who rests upon us the believer brought wisdom to my mind in this verse.( 1 cor 14:40) BUT ALL THINGS!!! MUST be done properly AND in the ORDERLY manner! The knowledge of having an order,brings wisdom from Holy Spirit himself in keeping that order! And what is that? I take Jesus at his direct word. I do not ask did you mean this or that,i do not look to add or take away from what he said,to me he means what he says in all things.Mark 3:30 means what it says it means to me. No but what ifs,perhaps, he meant including this, or that,he means exactly what he says to me! Word for HIS WORD!

To me Jesus needs no one to speak for him,just speak FROM what he said,that is what he wants! And thereby live, or follow in HIS Steps!( psalm 119:133,and proverbs 3:6) In psalms ESTABLISH my footsteps in YOUR WORD! This takes strong discipline brothers and sisters,it takes caring more about what Jesus said then how others look to change it for themselves. Upon the Vine( our Jesus) John 15:1-8!!!) To abide in our Jesus we MUST abide in HIS WORD! There are no exceptions to this order! I brothers and sister am fully convinced Jesus knows more then I do!!

Self control to me( gal 5:22-26) verse 23 is brought to receive through knowing the true meaning of the very nature of God himself!( 1 cor 13:4-8) LOVE,Love is the bridge extending to having and keeping self control,because self control is believing only to Jesus and HIS WORD! This may sound a bit harsh! But this is truly my belief through what knowledge Jesus has imparted to me, one of his many servants.A servant who does what he is told,a servant who takes from the table prepared for him,to give to another first! To comfort,to reproof,for correction, yes for training in always having righteousness and always being equipped for EVERY good work!( 2 tim 3:10-17!!!)

I am a soldier,I have been in life,i am now in Christ Jesus,and I follow orders,not because I fear the order may be wrong,but because i know the order of my Jesus is always correct! Consider these words,for by them you will either prove to be a true disciple,and obtain self control,or you will be like so many,looking to be served first. A good lesson for us all is found here( 2 cor 13:1) " this is the third time I am coming to you.EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES! One scripture must have a backup! Because Jesus always confirms his very own word! Remember this as I have,and you are well on your way to walking a stumble free life in Jesus!

Active

RJ

One scripture must have a backup! Because Jesus always confirms his very own word! Remember this as I have,and you are well on your way to walking a stumble free life in Jesus!
This is Great! I like to add that the outcome of the scriptures used can only be good, holy, righteous and blameless, or you have a faulty interpretation!

Active
what led up to the man calling you a devil?
I was following the Lord's command, to go to the front and pray. Si I did; I was at the alter weeping and praying, silently, to my Father while they sang their hymns.

While praying, I felt a weight that came upon my back. I heard a voice tell me, "remember i will not put more on you than you can bare." I said silently, "Lord, what is that?" I heard, "how does that feel? Jesus felt the entire weight of the world's sins upon Him; you felt one little church with a hamdful of people. How does it feel?" I said, still silently, but weeping even harder, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." And about then, the preacher came up under my arm and started pulling at me. I said, "Lord, what do I do?" I heard the most peaceful, loving voice say, " go with him." And he took me to the back and told me I was listening to that other guy. Yet, he couldnt lift his head off the floor to look me in the eye. He also told me, "we do wrestle with flesh and blood." And, "we don't have to fear God." and more.

So, as you your question, there is the answer... Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Until a person has believed and had faith in Him and followed in the footsteps of Him, obeying His commands... you dont know Him. Amen.

Active
I was following the Lord's command, to go to the front and pray. Si I did; I was at the alter weeping and praying, silently, to my Father while they sang their hymns.

While praying, I felt a weight that came upon my back. I heard a voice tell me, "remember i will not put more on you than you can bare." I said silently, "Lord, what is that?" I heard, "how does that feel? Jesus felt the entire weight of the world's sins upon Him; you felt one little church with a hamdful of people. How does it feel?" I said, still silently, but weeping even harder, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." And about then, the preacher came up under my arm and started pulling at me. I said, "Lord, what do I do?" I heard the most peaceful, loving voice say, " go with him." And he took me to the back and told me I was listening to that other guy. Yet, he couldnt lift his head off the floor to look me in the eye. He also told me, "we do wrestle with flesh and blood." And, "we don't have to fear God." and more.

So, as you your question, there is the answer... Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Until a person has believed and had faith in Him and followed in the footsteps of Him, obeying His commands... you dont know Him. Amen.
sounds like the man was under the control of a demon :(

Active
what led them to call Jesus the devil and a sinner, a friend of publicans? wbat led them to dragging Jesus out of the synagogue to cast stones at Him, or throw Him down the hill headlong? what led them to seek how they might kill him and then do it?

Do you know Him? Have you walked with Him and entered in through Him? What is consuming your heart?

Active
the man was a man that thought he was bigger than God. And God took him down. I believe this man now fears the God, he told me we dont have to fear. amen. I saw the destruction upon him. it saddens my heart.

Active
well, it is certainly true that we are all evil, and perfectly capable of "doing bad all by ourself" (to quote dennis rodman ha ha.. 'i can do bad all by myself' )

but the words and actions of that man, as you described them to me, seem more like the wiles of the devil than the cunning of man.

but, it could have just been a lost soul speaking his mind.

either way...

Active
well, it is certainly true that we are all evil, and perfectly capable of "doing bad all by ourself" (to quote dennis rodman ha ha.. 'i can do bad all by myself' )

but the words and actions of that man, as you described them to me, seem more like the wiles of the devil than the cunning of man.

but, it could have just been a lost soul speaking his mind.

either way...
yes, brother, we are capable all by ourselves. that is why it is so important to keep Him first and our heart and mind upon Him always. Our neighbor second and ourselves last. amen. if we can do this we shall fulfil the law. amen.

if it is good enough for me, it is good enough for my neighbor. if it is only enough for me, give it to another and God will reward me. amen

Active
yeah, if we keep God first then we study His word, know His word, and live His word to the best of our ability. that entails serving Him, living holy, and loving others. so.. yeah... :)

Loyal
Thanks for your reply.

The bar code I held to my forehead was from an item I had already purchased and it was in my own home. I don't really know why I did it, I just know and knew before I did it that I shouldn't do it

To me it soundslike satan playing mind games with you. Whispers the thought and brings guilt and then oh my gosh you did and now he really makes you feel stupid or wrong or even questioning about forgivness. Tell that defeated foe to hit the road bless God and get on your way. I kissed fish when I caught them in a tournament, does this mean I worship idols ?
Good bye sin you did nothing wrong unless there was something nasty on the other side that you did not want to put on your head.lol
Be at peace and love God and if it bothers you then ask God to forgive you then forget it just as He does or did.
Blessings
Jim

I would like to begin by saying that Jesus does forgive us of anything we seek forgiveness for and repent of, but he will NOT forgive blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, nor will he forgive anybody who receives the mark of the beast, any such people will go to eternal hell with no exceptions whatsoever.

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me out in my situation as I feel constant worry about it and also I feel stupid for what I did.
I'm aware of the Biblical book of Revelation's and particularly about the mark of the beast during the End Times and great Tribulation. I know that the Antichrist will try and get as many people as possible to receive a mark (his mark, the mark of the beast) in/on the right hand or in/on the forehead that no man may buy or sell saith he had the mark which is the name or the number of his name 666. I understand anybody who accepts this mark will go to hell, no if's about it, they will go to hell 100% guaranteed.
I believe a lot of today's technology could be a stepping stone towards, be the forerunner of or be the actual mark in the future on the right hand or forehead used for buying and selling and mainly the purpose of the mark will be worshiping Satan.

What I would please like your your advice on is this.

I was at home just over a month ago and the UPC barcode on a cardboard retail packaging caught my attention, I ripped the barcode from the box and held it for about 1 minute barcode side touching my forehead for about 1 minute. I knew it was wrong when I was doing this stupid act and in my heart I knew I shouldn't have done it. I don't know if it was my own stupidity or a demonic influence leading me to do this, I'm not sure.
I have OCD and when I do things once I feel the tendency to have to do it again. so I did it again a couple more times with different items with UPC on them, held the barcode side touching my forehead for a few seconds.

Last time I did it was just a little more than one month ago , I have asked for forgiveness from Jesus and repented and will forever stay repented from it, I feel so stupid for doing it and I truly asked for forgiveness from Jesus.
The said act is something I want to know if Jesus has forgiven me of and is something I certainly want to forget and leave in the past but I need to be sure of God's forgiveness first.
Now though that I'm trying to move on and forget about it I just get the worry in my mind that Jesus may not forgive me for this. I'm not sure where the worry is coming from or if it is Satan putting doubt in my mind trying to make me think Jesus won't forgive me.
It keeps me awake 2 months later, I still worry about it constantly day and night, It's really getting me down.

I just want to move on and strengthen my life with God but feel this worry is hindering my progress with Jesus.
Do you think this act is something Jesus forgives me from?