• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I keep messing up!

I'm a born again christian but I seem to keep meesing up. I know that God says He forgives us when we confess but it seems to be a trend in my life. How do I get out of this cyclic lifestyle where I move two steps forward and take 5 back?

You must understand?We are spirit soul and flesh
The spirit is our main being,The LORD tells us to walk and live in our main being,then we will not mess up!
HERE HE tells us , to live and walk in our spirit!
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Our spirits but be fed !It feeds on the word of GOD and grows by it.So we must read the bible asking the HOLY GHOST to guide us and teach us!
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Even those with many years of studying the bible can sin if they do not feed there spirit!
You know?having our LORD died? HE said ?We would fast.Now many think there are many ways to fast?well I do not!
I think fasting is not feeding our body,I think when we fast ,we drink water only and we try to not tell others.I find?we fast 3 full days ,we will be walking and living in our spirit.Then we see the fruits of the spirit in our lifes and others too will see these things in us and we will hear the LORD well .And many other spiritual blessings!

We battle every day of our lives us.
Between our flesh and spirit.the flesh cannot help but sin. it has a sin full nature .we [our spirit born of GOd]*** the LORDS NATURE!

Our battle is in our minds!

This is the flesh we dwell in?
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

This is the true us[our spirit]
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
I need to put this up again.other wise ,someone might think?they must sin.WE do not ever need to sin.
We sin ,because we allow it!

GOD hates sin.HE never wants us to sin and HE forgives right away.yet satan will remind us always.But ,the LORD has forgotten ,soon as we ask.He does not remember again.it is gone in HIS eyes.
But let me say?when we sin?It hurts the LORD.It makes HIM very sad.
Knowing this?we should LOVE HIM enough,than we NEVER want to hurt HIM ever again.
Bless you .May you be all the LORD wants you to be .He has already declared ,You are a overcomer and more than a conquer.You must believe it .Then you will live it!
bless you .lovingly in our LORD JESUS CHRIST!:love:

Welcome Cichi2000!
I tried for a number of years to live the Christian life in my own power. Then I really began to understand John 15. Something that helps me alot when I am struggling with something is to study what the Bible teaches about that particular thing. Then I begin to pray Scriptures over my life and the situation.

Also, the Bible says to "...be filled with the Spirit." Eph. 5:18b. When you confess your sin, trust and thank Jesus for being faithful to forgive you, and ask the Holy Spirit to fill and empower you to live the victorious Christian life. Everything Jesus is, He is in you by the power of the Holy Spirit! Just remember, it is not you going out to meet each day. It is "...Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27b) Ask Him to be Lord in every situation and submit to His Lordship. It is an overcoming and freeing life when we totally surrender to and trust Him and His Lordship.

I pray this helps you, sister. I look forward to getting to know you better! I will be praying for you.

no you are not going back it's just that you are being tested with trails and and the devil is only allowed to do what god will let him and he will not let you get hurt so don't worry. k?

I get what you're saying about feeding the spirit man on the word of God but I do that. Does that mean that I'm not doing it right coz by what you're saying if I'm feeding the spirit man I should have stopped messing up by now.

I want to get to that point of total surrender but what does that mean? Does it mean I should not do anything to try and overcome my weaknesses and that I should leave it all to God. Doesnt He say that we should be holy even as He is holy. So i'm guessing I have a part to play in trying to live a holy life.

yes we play a part in our growing up and maturing.It takes time .
You know? I think we are like JESUS ? HE started off a baby.We too start off babies in our spirit .We must learn to walk and grow .accepting the living WORD in our outter minds as TRUTH.WE are taught from childhood on earth to live by sight!
Now we must be taught to live by FAITH!
Faith in the NEW TESTAMENT as 100% TRuth.This is not easy for us and takes time.
We are all growing ,none of us as reached the point we know everything!
Some are still babies,other never appear to grow in there spirits.
desiring to grow and asking the HOLY GHOST MUCH will help us grow quicker.
Fasting is verry good ,to walk in our inner man.
study the new man
inner man
new creature
hidden man
inward man
these show the true you
Once you know who you are ? Accept it as truth ,then live it.It is much easier when we know who we really are.Bless YOU .in HIS love and mercy.gary:love:

Thanks for your encouragement. I'll definately get to know myself better and learn to live by faith.

Administrator
Staff Member
Greetins sister, welcome to the forums.

I hope you are edified and blessed here in fellowship.

GOD bless

1 John 1:9, 10 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say, 'We have not sinned,' we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

Spirit1st, I'm giving you a stern, public warning right now. When discussing the Word, do not twist it. We discuss the Word, but we do not twist it out of proportion.

Romans 3:12 "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Spirit1st, are you saying that you do not ever sin, now that you are saved?

Are you better than David, Abraham, Joseph, Peter, Paul, John?

'If we say, 'We have fellowship with Him,' and walk in darkness, we are lying and are not practicing the truth. But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." (so that does mean we do have some sin problems)

We will all have sin problems until the day we die.

Jesus is the only human who never sinned.

We aspire not to sin each day, and depend upon God, but....nevertheless:

Paul says in Galatians: "For you are called to freedom, brothers; only don't use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. For the entire law is fulfilled in one statement: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

But if you bite and devour one another, watch out, or you will be consumed by one another.

I say then, walk by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh, For the flesh desires what is against the Sprit, and the Spirit desires what is againsth the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you don't do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." Galatians 5:13-18

By the way, Cichi2000, welcome to talk Jesus:love: I greet you in the name of Christ Jesus and pray that you will become an active part of this Christian community. Praise God that you are here.

Dreamer

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethern, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

We, as Christians, come to the place of realizing that we are not our own. We are bought with a price. As we begin to pray according to God's will, He begins to answer those prayers by performing His word in our lives. We need to pray that God will line our thoughts up with His thoughts, that He would fill us with the knowledge of His will, fill us with all the fullness of God, and give us the heart of Christ. These prayers line up with His Word. When we begin to pray according to His word and His will in our lives and walk in obedience, it is then that we begin to experience the powerful Christian life. He, through this process, makes us holy as He is holy by His Holy Spirit living in us. We are not perfect. We have the relationship to repent when we fail and trust Him fully to transform us day-by-day.

Last edited:
The site is truly a blessing and although I have many issues I'm sure I'll be able to get alot of encouragement to go on with this journey with Christ.

Sister - we are human and no matter how hard we try we all mess up from time to time. I pray to God each and every day that I may not be separated from Him as I travel my journey here on earth. If you are aware of any circumstances that trigger your mistakes pray especially fervently to God and ask Him to send an Angel at that very time. With God's help we can resist temptation or deliberate acts we know will offend Him. Just trust unconditionally and leave it to Him for nothing shall happen to you today that He has not foreseen and provided the means you need to resist and overcome your challenges.

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
WE are equal now with those in heaven[new jerusalem]
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
THIS IS TALKING about our spirit

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable and unreprovable in his sight:

Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
our spirit
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed,
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

NOW it is VERY clear? Flesh sins,So this scripture is not talking about our flesh!
But our spirit!
if our spirits sins? WE are not of GOD!
This should tell us ? Our spirits must be perfect and with out sin!

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Anytime we read the bible?
We must think? Which is this too? My spirit my soul[mind] or my flesh? All scripture is not to any one part of our being.Most make the mistake of thinking? all is to the flesh!
Really there is FAR MORE to the SPIRIT!

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Last edited:
not so big now but hard to stop ,there are so many scriptures about the new creature

Last edited:
Brother, that is one long reply and don't take offense, but it is confusing as well.

It is a long reply brother and it may be overlooked by many. You are saying so much in so many words that it may be hard to comprehend.

My advice to you is that you rewrite the above piece. Please do so. Fix the grammar and spelling mistakes, remove some of the question marks at the wrong places and post the revised version in the Bible Chat section.

I think we need to read it in a coherant and understanding manner, then we, as members can discuss it with you and find a common ground.

The Bible is the Authority we live under, no question about that.

Please do so brother.

God bless
Much love
teraside

I want to get to that point of total surrender but what does that mean? Does it mean I should not do anything to try and overcome my weaknesses and that I should leave it all to God. Doesnt He say that we should be holy even as He is holy. So i'm guessing I have a part to play in trying to live a holy life.

The truth of the matter as the Devil tested Jesus for a time he will return. He knows our weakness. Take for an example with me if lying is not my weakness then am not going to lie. Say if stealing was my weakness time and time again he will put something enticing in my way and it will be hard to resist. You can resist it today and fall for it tomorrow. The key is not to stay down it is to repent, pray and get back up again. We know our strength through our weakness. We know the power of God through our trial. Those testa and trial is to make u strong and guess what if the Devil wasn't foooling with you then it would mean that you are not a threat to his kingdom. So count it all joy the word says when u fall in divers temptation. Temptation isn't sin only when you yield in it. But the word says in 1 John 1 "Confess your sins cause He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and clease you from all unrighteosness."

Be Encourage and when ever you need someone to help you or talk you through the low times don't hesistate. Cause most of the times you just need someonw to confide in and help you when you going through or to help you stay on the straight and narrow.

Be Bless
Shortlady

The truth of the matter as the Devil tested Jesus for a time he will return. He knows our weakness. Take for an example with me if lying is not my weakness then am not going to lie. Say if stealing was my weakness time and time again he will put something enticing in my way and it will be hard to resist. You can resist it today and fall for it tomorrow. The key is not to stay down it is to repent, pray and get back up again. We know our strength through our weakness. We know the power of God through our trial. Those testa and trial is to make u strong and guess what if the Devil wasn't foooling with you then it would mean that you are not a threat to his kingdom. So count it all joy the word says when u fall in divers temptation. Temptation isn't sin only when you yield in it. But the word says in 1 John 1 "Confess your sins cause He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and clease you from all unrighteosness."

Be Encourage and when ever you need someone to help you or talk you through the low times don't hesistate. Cause most of the times you just need someonw to confide in and help you when you going through or to help you stay on the straight and narrow.

Be Bless
Shortlady

Hey, thanks for the encouragement. Its really encouraging to know that I'm a threat to the devils kingdom. It makes me realize that God has alot in store for me. I will definately stop staying down and keep getting up, dusting myself and moving on. And of course praying for God's help when I'm tempted.

Romans

I feel great empathy for your struggle with sin. I've been there. As a matter of fact, just yesterday I had a knockdown drag out struggle - being Christian doesn't make those struggles go away, and anyone who tells you they "just don't (ever) sin anymore" isn't being honest with themselves or with you.

In a point of fact, to hold up the laws of the old covenant (and I highly doubt anyone here including myself is keeping all 613 of them!) and say "I haven't broken any of these so I haven't sinned" is something of a sin itself -- because it implies that your righteousness is determined by adherance to the old laws and not imputed to you by the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If adherence to the law was ever going to be enough, then there would have been no need for the sacrifice of the Christ.

---

Anyway...

Salvation may be an "instant" thing that happens the moment you accept it, but your walk with God is a journey, not a light switch.

Don't expect every last aspect of your nature to change overnight. It took the Devil himself every minute of every hour from the day of your birth to the day you accepted Salvation to "mess you over" into whatever patterns of sin you formerly accepted. It's going to take you a bit of work to get out from under all of that.

You can't do it on your own, and you can't do it without God's help. But don't feel alone. If you read Romans 7, you'll see that even disciples like Paul struggled with sin. The flesh doesn't stop wanting wordly things just because you've accepted Salvation...you have to ask God to let the Holy Spirit dwell in you and give you strength to overcome sin...and even then you will not not not be perfect until you leave the flesh behind (die or are taken in the rapture whichever comes first) and are made perfect.

Staff Member
anyone who tells you they "just don't (ever) sin anymore" isn't being honest with themselves or with you.
So true Janette. Thank you for clarifying what a lot of us already know that we are not perfect on this earth.
1 John 1.
Walking in the light

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose: