• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I keep betraying My promise to God

Hi all I'm new to this forum... Let me start by introducing myself my name is Wael . A year ago I started praying and going to church then I got sick for a while stopped everything . Now I keep doing promises that I'm going to be good but I keep doing mistakes . I feel terrible . What does God do when one betrays his word

Staff Member
@Wael welcome to Talk Jesus!
Glad you have joined this Christian Community of online believers in Christ Jesus.

The first thing to know is have you accepted Jesus as your Savior. Below is a good link on this very question and one that might help you.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior

Because if you have not. Then just praying and going to Church is not what will save you. Making promises and trying to do the right things is also not going to save you. Only through Jesus Christ is Salvation possible.

If you have questions please feel free to ask them.
Once again be welcome Wael. We are glad you are here!
C4E
<><

Active
Hi all I'm new to this forum... Let me start by introducing myself my name is Wael . A year ago I started praying and going to church then I got sick for a while stopped everything . Now I keep doing promises that I'm going to be good but I keep doing mistakes . I feel terrible . What does God do when one betrays his word

You judge yourself harshly for a love or hatred of sin. Paul sinned often but, he hated it. Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Hating what is evil leads to repentance. Sincere repentance leads to finding Jesus Psalm 51:17 / Rev 3:20.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Wael welcome to the forums!

Don't be discouraged. We all fall short and so long as we live in the sinful flesh, we'll stumble (sin) here and there. GOD sees your heart. That's what matters, that you strive for holiness by His strength through the Holy Spirit.

Active

RJ

Welcome.
First I would be sure that you have done something similar to that in Romans 10:8-13. Providing you have, you are born anew and a child of God. We all have struggles, Jesus said we all will have our trials and tribulations. I suggest you read Romans 7 and see where Paul struggled with doing right but, see what his answer was in Romans 8:1 is. If you are a believer, God says there is no condemnation of you when you mess up . It is a good thing that you don't like when you do bad, that is a clear sign that he is correcting you...Hebrews 12:6...so rejoice that you know the difference between good and bad and keep working on the good!

Christ died for all your sins, look to Him, see the cross and blood of Christ. Do not forsake going to meet with believers, God's love is towards you in His Son. He will change your life from darkness to life.

@Wael welcome to Talk Jesus!
Glad you have joined this Christian Community of online believers in Christ Jesus.

The first thing to know is have you accepted Jesus as your Savior. Below is a good link on this very question and one that might help you.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior

Because if you have not. Then just praying and going to Church is not what will save you. Making promises and trying to do the right things is also not going to save you. Only through Jesus Christ is Salvation possible.

If you have questions please feel free to ask them.
Once again be welcome Wael. We are glad you are here!
C4E
<><
Thank you for your reply. i have already accepted Jesus as my savior

Welcome.
First I would be sure that you have done something similar to that in Romans 10:8-13. Providing you have, you are born anew and a child of God. We all have struggles, Jesus said we all will have our trials and tribulations. I suggest you read Romans 7 and see where Paul struggled with doing right but, see what his answer was in Romans 8:1 is. If you are a believer, God says there is no condemnation of you when you mess up . It is a good thing that you don't like when you do bad, that is a clear sign that he is correcting you...Hebrews 12:6...so rejoice that you know the difference between good and bad and keep working on the good!

first of all thank you for your reply . i am sure that is god is correcting . As i am saying i keep doing sins today i was going to sell a verry old manuscript ( religious one with writings in it ) as i was on my way i heard a guy calling me or saying said something like "this is" so i turned arround and i said : did you call me ? they guy replied no i was singing just moment later as i was walking behind him he pointed to the wall and there was a cross .
so what it meant " this is gods words in a book" so i understood that i shoudn't sell it. is this possible or am i over thinking it ?

Active

RJ

is this possible or am i over thinking it ?
Over-thinking ? Who am I to say; for sure anything is possible with God.
I would look at it this way: If you felt a strong urge not to sell and the outcome is good, then think of it as from God because all good things come from above. I can't explain it, but this is the way I look at scripture and everything else, if you only see a message or an outcome that is good, go for it until you may have a better or different explanation...as long as it is profitable (spiritually) to you or someone else!
  • Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
  • James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows
  • 1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Active
Brother Wael, first brother Rom 8:1 Now 2nd to really put this scripture in understanding!! Ready??? Hope you are sitting down for this one!! LOL The Word says to repent and come to the Lord,which you did,now find one scripture or one single verse which tells of any believer to ever repent again? Name one disciple or apostle who ever has repented again? WHY???

It sure is not because they were perfect!!! Ask Paul who said this!!( Phil 3:12-14!!!) And it is not because of grace we can do anything we wish to either!! Grace as you know instructs!!!( Titus 2:11-12!!) So why then? Because the blood sets us free from sin always!!!Past, present, and yes future!!!( Rom 4:8!!!)

How does God himself keep his own peace for us?? By choosing to look at each of us,as we are look at everyone!!( Phil 4:7-8!!) We overcome brother,we overcome because we have chosen to take Jesus at his own Word!!( Rom 8:31-39!!!!) Not our feeling and emotions! For indeed brother I sure have lack!!

And in my weakness, as true with Paul and every other person God created I am content in my weakness because i will always have a need to draw near to our Jesus!!!!( 2 Cor 12:9-10) Hence why my good brother we are never to think more highly in our self to others!!( Rom 12:3) As Jesus himself said!!!( John 8:7!!!! and then said this to the woman!!! ( John 8:10-12!!!!!) Amen!!!

Active
One more point!! HOPE is EVERYTHING!!!!! Rom 15:13 For by God's HOPE can we ever understand the meaning of HIS FULL LOVE!!!!( Eph 3:17-21!!!!!!)