• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I just read a comment what keeps The Church going is a Building in others words a The church is dead without a Building

Loyal
Now is that not something. Now I wonder how many billions of Christian believe that. [Without a Building the church is dead.] One of the members thread lead me to that replied comment. Now, not hot per-se.

Now that is something to think about. "without a building there is no church" is the quote. and many of us know, that is not true. :pensive: but many don't.

Active
Now is that not something. Now I wonder how many billions of Christian believe that. [Without a Building the church is dead.] One of the members thread lead me to that replied comment. Now, not hot per-se.

Now that is something to think about. "without a building there is no church" is the quote. and many of us know, that is not true. :pensive: but many don't.
This makes me think of
"I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham."
And what a GOD HE is!!

Active
Believe me, organised religion will be severley judged on the day of atonement. There is not one organised religion that practices the truth. And there are indeed many who dont go to any organised religion and do it alone. The truth is written and taught via the holy spirit. Once man gets involved it gets very messy very fast. The world is nothing but an illusion and lie, all built on a false premise, including organised religion. Nothing but a falsehood, and its reckoning is fast approaching.

Loyal

Who said it and where did you read it?

Active
Believe me, organised religion will be severley judged on the day of atonement. There is not one organised religion that practices the truth. And there are indeed many who dont go to any organised religion and do it alone. The truth is written and taught via the holy spirit. Once man gets involved it gets very messy very fast. The world is nothing but an illusion and lie, all built on a false premise, including organised religion. Nothing but a falsehood, and its reckoning is fast approaching.
Once you believe what Jesus has done and who He is, you realize that He, the Word and the Holy Spirit can not be separated.
Once Wordly Man gets involved, indeed things get messy fast but the "True Believer " can make Religion work!

Active
Once you believe what Jesus has done and who He is, you realize that He, the Word and the Holy Spirit can not be separated.
Once Wordly Man gets involved, indeed things get messy fast but the "True Believer " can make Religion work!
Listen to what the satanist has to say at the beginning of the movie, it really upset me to hear what he had to say! He could see the writing on the wall back in 1988!

Active
Listen to what the satanist has to say at the beginning of the movie, it really upset me to hear what he had to say! He could see the writing on the wall back in 1988!
In Religion:
It's not the building.
It's not the people .
It's certainly not Atheists.
It's the Believer that makes everything work.

Active

Not true. God is not contained in any building. It is the fellowship of christians as a body that is the church. Wherever we meet or pray together. A church building is useful but not essential.
During Jesus's time and the early years, believers met in each others' houses a lot. A housegroup is a wonderful way.

Loyal
Not true. God is not contained in any building. It is the fellowship of christians as a body that is the church. Wherever we meet or pray together. A church building is useful but not essential.
During Jesus's time and the early years, believers met in each others' houses a lot. A housegroup is a wonderful way.
What about the dead saints are they not apart of The body of Christ too? Are we not still in fellowship with them?
What church do they go to?
And please do not say they are in Heaven.

Active
What about the dead saints are they not apart of The body of Christ too? Are we not still in fellowship with them?
Who cares, they are in the Spirit where there is no "time contigent":
2 Corinthians 5:8

Loyal
We care!

18You have not come to somethingl that can be touched, to a blazing fire, to darkness, to gloom, 19to a trumpet’s blast, or to a voice that made the hearers beg that not another word be spoken to them. 20For they could not endure the command that was given: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.”m 21Indeed, the sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”n 22Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, to tens of thousands of angels joyfully gathered together, 23to the assemblyo of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to a judge who is the God of all, to the spirits of righteous people who have been made perfect, 24to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better message than Abel’s.

25See to it that you do not ignore the one who is speaking. For if the hearerspdid not escape when they ignored the one who warned them on earth, how much less will we escapeq if we turn away from the one who is from heaven! 26At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also heaven.”r27The expression “once more”s signifies the removal of what can be shaken, that is, what he has made, so that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and worship God in reverence and fear in a way that pleases him. 29For “our God is an all-consuming fire.”t

For we who are The Elect of God are one Congregation built by Christ. And Christ alone but Chosen of GOD the FATHER. For we can never die. For we obtain Eternity Life before the Foundation of The Worlds and that also pertains to The Universe and all creation.

Active
We care!

18You have not come to somethingl that can be touched, to a blazing fire, to darkness, to gloom, 19to a trumpet’s blast, or to a voice that made the hearers beg that not another word be spoken to them. 20For they could not endure the command that was given: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.”m 21Indeed, the sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”n 22Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, to tens of thousands of angels joyfully gathered together, 23to the assemblyo of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to a judge who is the God of all, to the spirits of righteous people who have been made perfect, 24to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better message than Abel’s.

25See to it that you do not ignore the one who is speaking. For if the hearerspdid not escape when they ignored the one who warned them on earth, how much less will we escapeq if we turn away from the one who is from heaven! 26At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also heaven.”r27The expression “once more”s signifies the removal of what can be shaken, that is, what he has made, so that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and worship God in reverence and fear in a way that pleases him. 29For “our God is an all-consuming fire.”t

For we who are The Elect of God are one Congregation built by Christ. And Christ alone but Chosen of GOD the FATHER. For we can never die. For we obtain Eternity Life before the Foundation of The Worlds and that also pertains to The Universe and all creation.
You just absolutely don't get it and you proclaim to be SUCH a study of the Holy Word of God!?

Loyal
You just absolutely don't get it and you proclaim to be SUCH a study of the Holy Word of God!?
Well tell me again of your worldly secular church perishable ways. Of Establishments. That will only perish as dust do in the wind.
and not to be rude. Many wouldn’t know what “The Holy WORD of GOD” is if it slap them in the face. Neither do many have any idea what the term means. Many heard someone say that and many own it . And ran to the finish line, now in all of these years many have thought they had a football in their arms and cross the goal line and touch down.
But I do know it is not your fault. And God came to save us even from our ignorance. For in which we all are guilty. Mercy and Grace has no limits. Especially to the ignorant.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Now seeing the constancy of Peter and of John, understanding that they were illiterate and ignorant men, they wondered; and they knew them that they had been with Jesus.:pensive:

Active
Well tell me again of your worldly secular church perishable ways. Of Establishments. That will only perish as dust do in the wind.
and not to be rude. Many wouldn’t know what “The Holy WORD of GOD” is if it slap them in the face. Neither do many have any idea what the term means. Many heard someone say that and many own it . And ran to the finish line, now in all of these years many have thought they had a football in their arms and cross the goal line and touch down.
But I do know it is not your fault. And God came to save us even from our ignorance. For in which we all are guilty. Mercy and Grace has no limits. Especially to the ignorant.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Now seeing the constancy of Peter and of John, understanding that they were illiterate and ignorant men, they wondered; and they knew them that they had been with Jesus.:pensive:
I stand by what I said and describing me ,as you do,...only hurts your cause!

Loyal
I stand by what I said and describing me ,as you do,...only hurts your cause!
What cause? LOL. I am a “Bond Slave”. Purchase and own, I have a Master and Lord.
I do not belong to my self. And HE has a rod and HE do not mind using on a slaves back or one of HIS Sons. For it produces a certain kind of fruit.

Loyal
The church is not a building, I agree. But people should have a warm, dry place to meet if possible. Even if it's a shed or someone's house. A place where people are comfortable and can fellowship.
In some countries that are hostile to Christians, it is a necessity to have place to meet in secret. If the weather is nice, this can be outside in some places.

In some cases, God called people to build a building.

Exod 36:2; Then Moses called Bezalel and Oholiab and every skillful person in whom the LORD had put skill, everyone whose heart stirred him, to come to the work to perform it.
Exod 36:3; They received from Moses all the contributions which the sons of Israel had brought to perform the work in the construction of the sanctuary. And they still continued bringing to him freewill offerings every morning.
Exod 36:4; And all the skillful men who were performing all the work of the sanctuary came, each from the work which he was performing,
Exod 36:5; and they said to Moses, "The people are bringing much more than enough for the construction work which the LORD commanded us to perform."

Heb 8:5; who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN."

Heb 9:2; For there was a tabernacle prepared, the outer one, in which were the lampstand and the table and the sacred bread; this is called the holy place.
Heb 9:3; Behind the second veil there was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,
Heb 9:4; having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron's rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;
Heb 9:5; and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat; but of these things we cannot now speak in detail.
Heb 9:6; Now when these things have been so prepared, the priests are continually entering the outer tabernacle performing the divine worship,
Heb 9:7; but into the second, only the high priest enters once a year, not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the sins of the people committed in ignorance.
Heb 9:8; The Holy Spirit is signifying this, that the way into the holy place has not yet been disclosed while the outer tabernacle is still standing,

According to this, there is a temple in heaven. Not made by human hands to be sure, but still a temple.

Heb 9:21; And in the same way he sprinkled both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood.
Heb 9:22; And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Heb 9:23; Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24; For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Heb 10:25; not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Virtually all churches have problems. If you join a church it will have another problem. Churches aren't perfect.
There will be a perfect church one day. But we aren't there yet.

God cares what goes on in His house.

Matt 21:12; And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
Matt 21:13; And He *said to them, "It is written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."

Are there false teachers, and false believers? Sure. This is nothing new for the generation, it's always been this way. But those people aren't the true church. To call them the church is a misrepresentation of the church.

Loyal
Isa 64:11; Our holy and beautiful house, Where our fathers praised You, Has been burned by fire; And all our precious things have become a ruin.

Hag 1:2; "Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'This people says, "The time has not come, even the time for the house of the LORD to be rebuilt."'"
Hag 1:3; Then the word of the LORD came by Haggai the prophet, saying,
Hag 1:4; "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while this house lies desolate?"
Hag 1:5; Now therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts, "Consider your ways!

Hag 1:7; Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Consider your ways!
Hag 1:8; "Go up to the mountains, bring wood and rebuild the temple, that I may be pleased with it and be glorified," says the LORD.
Hag 1:9; "You look for much, but behold, it comes to little; when you bring it home, I blow it away. Why?" declares the LORD of hosts, "Because of My house which lies desolate, while each of you runs to his own house.

Apparently the church building is important to God. It should be more important than our own houses.

Loyal
are you saying the Old Testament “Temple”, and the Old Testament “Tabernacle” and The Old Testament Synagogues is as the same “Circe” [church] building In the Modern day world. If not why you use those examples. But as explain in the New Testament there will be no Temple in The New Jerusalem and GOD will not dwell in a unclean Temple nor a building that is created by the hands of a Man.

And in Old Testament “The Shekinah Glory” left the Tabernacle or Temple it was, and GOD said His Glory would never return to it again. There is no Glory in any building made by the hands of a mortal. For we HIS people is The Temple of GOD and He dwells in us, whether we are in a grocery store a bank our personal homes our back yard for where we are so is The Temple of GOD. And a assembly of two or three gathering together He is there too and these two or three are not to be look down upon as we stand on the street corner. Whether it is day or night or the lunch break on the job and whether it is once a week or once every 2nd week or three months. It is not to be looked down upon. And the sabbath day is still 7 day of the week of GOD for He has bless it as a day of total rest. And not a day to ride your mule 50 miles to worship on a hot day.

Some many are dogmatic about the simplicity that is in Christ.

Loyal
.. and yet all the verses from Matthew and Hebrews above, are in the NT.

Some many are dogmatic about the simplicity that is in Christ.

Too true. The words "temple, synagogue, tabernacle, house of God" appear more often the NT than they do in the OT.

Loyal
.. and yet all the verses from Matthew and Hebrews above, are in the NT.

Too true. The words "temple, synagogue, tabernacle, house of God" appear more often the NT than they do in the OT.
the New Testament writings of The Gospels is only Old Testament History. Jesus was a Old Testament participant until He die and rose from the grave.

And those writings of the rest of the letters are Referencing essential to Temple, Tabernacle, Synagogue. As you stated.