• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I have religious ocd, I need some advice, I also would like to talk with anyone who has it too

Dear @Mayflower

Though I cannot with full confidence say I completely understand what you are going through. A few people have told me I look demon possessed (when I used to twitch or snap my fingers as compulsions) or that I have a demon inside of me for having these thoughts. You’re not only dearly loved by our Heavenly Father, but I can tell how proud He is of you. From your bravery to your kindness. You hold on to God, and despite everything you still trust Him

I not only pray that these things stop happening to you. But I also pray that our Heavenly Father blesses you with strength, peace, and joy in your life.

Thank you so much for sharing. I definitely grieve many of the intrusive blasphemous thoughts I had. The darker ones are the ones that make me feel unforgivable. They usually are the ones that my mind has said “It would be unforgivable to think X”

I am here if you want to talk, and you will be in my prayers ❤️

Active
Dear @Mayflower

Though I cannot with full confidence say I completely understand what you are going through. A few people have told me I look demon possessed (when I used to twitch or snap my fingers as compulsions) or that I have a demon inside of me for having these thoughts. You’re not only dearly loved by our Heavenly Father, but I can tell how proud He is of you. From your bravery to your kindness. You hold on to God, and despite everything you still trust Him

I not only pray that these things stop happening to you. But I also pray that our Heavenly Father blesses you with strength, peace, and joy in your life.

Thank you so much for sharing. I definitely grieve many of the intrusive blasphemous thoughts I had. The darker ones are the ones that make me feel unforgivable. They usually are the ones that my mind has said “It would be unforgivable to think X”

I am here if you want to talk, and you will be in my prayers ❤

You too, sister. One encouraging thing about that thread, is some of the greatest Christian philosophers had mentioned struggling with intrusive thoughts like this. It really is an attack of the enemy, but it is easy to open doors too/fall into traps.

Loyal
Thank you @PloughBoy, you were the first one to reach out to me, and to be honest I didn’t think I would get this kind of support and help. The few people that do know about my religious ocd have told me that I can control all my thoughts. They said I should just pray, and when I explain my fear they just dismiss it. It means a lot to me that everyone took their time to give me great advice and blessings. May God bless you, and His peace should be with you now and forever
:pensive: I had too, I read and I waited, and no one answered, for I knew better. So now again, I will play the role of The parable of The Sower, And A Sower went forth and scattered some seed, some fell in stoney places some fell among The Thorns, some fell where it had not much earth and some fell among "weeds" and those weeds placed their hands around The Sprouting Good "Plant's Neck", and begin to squeeze and Choke the breath and life, Then The Plant, cried out , and Its Voice was heard. "It is My People".:pensive:

King James Bible... "and "Dr. Luke" recorded these words:"
(Luke 11:}

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. .........[Let The LORD give you understanding concerning these Understandings and not a Mortal CORRUPTED MAN who is always trying to explain to you what your own FATHER will reveal to you] And your FATHER needs no help to explain when He talks to you Through HIS WORD. "For HIS GRACE is sufficient enough

NOW! Do you understand, "Be Filled with GOD's WORD" and Give No place to the enemy. Give him no room in your Soul> now This is what it means to be "Filled with The SPIRIT of GOD! STAY on FULL In The WRITTEN WORD. Let it Dwell "RICH" in you! And Let no One tell YOU different. And make your STAND! And when they attack you to do other "Keep STANDING Like A Tree STANDING By The Rivers of Water. Be Filled with" The WRITTEN WORD"
"TRUE CHILD OF GOD" This food is design for you and you only.

The Written WORD is "GOD's FOOD" The Bread of Life
The Written WORD is "DRINK INDEED"
The Written WORD is "WINE INDEED"
The Written WORD is "Like Rivers of LIVING WATERS" Spring up into Eternal LIFE, and It will Never DIE or Run Dry.
And Jesus said: Whosoever DRINKS of This WATER Shall Never Thirst.

There are many "Books" There are many teachers, There are many advisers, There are many bible teachers and there are Thousands of Biblical Books and How to serve GOD: But There is Only One GOD. And if HE is Your "FATHER", THINK! Think, HE is YOUR FATHER!
(Psalms 119)KJV
ב Beth
9How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.
:pensive:

Now you know what to pray for, In your secret closet. For He is all you need. "LORD" FILL me WITH YOUR UNADULTERATED Written WORD until my CUP Runs over and keep Running over forever and ever and ever more. And that will cover it all! let it run through your veins. Those "veins" that flows from "Heaven" Those Veins "Born of GOD" Heaven Born Those veins that was not born on this earth. For flesh and blood cannot "Inherit" Eternal LIFE. Flesh and Blood Cannot "Inherit Eternal LIFE" For Brains cannot go there! Neither can the "Intellect".

It is for those who has The SPIRIT of GOD in THEM! It is Our FOOD and Not Theirs. "The Word of GOD" is Food., our FOOD.

"A SOWER Went Forth and Scattered seed" and some etc..."

He did not lie.:pensive: Prophecy has come to pass.

Hello, I am a new member. I chose to join when I read a testimony about someone who also went through severe intrusive blasphemous thoughts. I was recently diagnosed with religious ocd, and I have no idea how to cope with it. Therapy right now is out of the question, and I am trying to distract myself so that I cannot obsess over my thoughts. I would love and be open to any advice, and if someone else also has scrupulosity, I would love to talk

if you can keep me in your prayers,I would be most thankful. God bless you all

Hello Nicky, my name is Donald and I would like to help you with your problem. Your problem is not a unique one. Sin is sin no matter where it flourishes. The route cause for all so- called Christian ailments is sin. Jesus when he healed people never asked how did your parents treat you or how did those in authority treat you. He always addressed the main issue – sin. Mar_2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? Luk_5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house. Mar 5:15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

Jesus did not come the first time to do anything else except to deal with sin on the cross and to bring sinful man into a right relationship with God again. He took the judgement we disserved upon Himself (Romans 5). Here are some verses out of Romans 5: Rom 5:6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Rom 5:7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die. Rom 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. No amount of good works in an attempt to please God will suffice only putting ones trust is the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross will do.

What are the consequences of sin? The greatest consequence for sin is SEPARATION FROM GOD. This is what happened in Genesis 3. In order to understand your predicament we must go back to Genesis 1:26: Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

We know that God is one, that is, three persons who are in complete unity with each other, namely Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The family is also to be in the likeness of God and in complete unity. We have the Father, the Son (Word) and the Holy Spirit. These three members of the Godhead are in complete unity with each other and it is impossible to separate them. Now, when man was created in the image of God he was created as a triune being too. We see this by the fact that we have a body, a soul and a spirit. When man was created he was in complete unity with himself and with God, that is, body, soul and spirit were in complete unity, working together with God and eating from the Tree of Life (Word – Christ). God is Spirit and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth (John 4:23).

When Adam sinned in Genesis 3 there was a separation that took place. That separation was from God, Father, Word (Son) and Holy Spirit. This was a spiritual death that all who came after Adam and Eve would suffer. This is the essence of Romans 5. Not only did they suffer a spiritual death but God put a judgement on man that he would not live eternally on the earth and therefore he would die a physical death too. Now because of sin man was not in unity with God (Father, (Word) Son and Holy Spirit) nor would he be in unity within himself. Sin corrupts the body, soul and spirit. Because of sin the Holy Spirit no longer was joined to the man’s spirit nor was Christ on the throne of his heart. A complete separation from the Godhead! This separation then leaves the person spiritually open to demonic influences and even demonic oppression and possession. One point to consider: when I die my body goes into the ground and remains there until the resurrection – 1st or 2nd resurrection. Therefore, my brain is in the ground. It can therefore be taken that my mind, which is part of my soul, returns with my soul to God who gave it. There it will be judged according to the deeds done in the body here on earth.

We must understand that the soul is also in three, namely: mind, will and emotions. Psychology, secular or so-called Christian, cannot deal with spiritual things. The only way to overcome sin is if someone takes the judgement for that sin setting one free to enter into a relationship with God again. When this takes place Gods Spirit is united again with that person’s spirit and they become one in unity. Jesus Christ then takes His rightful place on the throne of the persons heart and becomes Lord over that person as it was with Adam before he sinned. THIS IS WHAT JESUS ACCOMPLISHED ON THE CROSS. Again, read Romans 5. Therefore, when anyone comes to God through Jesus Christ he/she has chosen to repent, that is turned away from sin, sought Gods mercy and forgiveness and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as his/her saviour. Baptism is an outward reflection of this, true baptism is being immersed in water depicting that one has died with Christ on the cross, when he/she comes out of the water they show that they have been raised (resurrected) with Jesus Christ to eternal life and that they no longer are a part of this worldly system. They are no longer under Satan’s headship but under the headship of Christ Jesus. Read Romans 6:1-6.

Before I was saved, I suffered mental issues too. There was a disassociation between my mind, will and emotions. Here is the definition of what I had:

schizophrenia

[ˌskɪtsə(ʊ)ˈfriːnɪə]

NOUN

psychiatry

a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation. I had not been to a psychiatrist or psychologist but this was me. How did I come back to normal? I put my trust in Jesus and got saved. At rebirth (John 3:3-7). My problem was sin not sickness. Let me explain a bit further:

• At rebirth God consecrated me which means that He Himself sets me apart unto Himself.
  • God then, by His Spirit and the living and active Word of God (Hebrews 4:12) starts to sanctify me which means that He starts a good work in me to make me holy. This is a life long walk and if one remains faithful to the end it will culminate in being transformed completely into the likeness of Gods only Son, in the twinkling of an eye I will be like Him.
I also had a great problem in that I applied the name of Jesus to me! It took many prayers and days to eventually get out of that rut I was in. You see I had built myself up in self -righteousness to the point where I put myself in the place of Christ. It was horrific in the beginning but the grace of God was working in me. We have a great and merciful and compassionate God who can forgive even the most vilest of sins.

Now, in your instance, do not look to psychiatrists or psychologists, Christian or secular they are barking up the wrong tree. There is a book you can read: Why Christians can’t Trust Psychology by Ed Bulkley, PH.D. There is another book that helped me a lot it is called: The Walls of My Heart by Dr. Bruce Thompson. These will help but there is nothing that can replace the Word of God correctly applied to the heart by the Holy Spirit 2 Corinthians 3; Hebrews 4:12; Hebrews 5:11-6:2.

Blasphemy in thoughts has only one origin – spiritual and spiritual thoughts like these can only be dealt with spiritually. The Word of God is spiritual and deals with spiritual realities like sin. Please read 1 Corinthians 2: But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” 1Co 2:10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

The Word of God does say that we are to take every thought captive and bring them in to submission to Christ. 2Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; This is spiritual warfare Ephesians 6. If your armour is not on (this is a complete teaching on its own) you will be susceptible to demonic attack. There are certain things every Christian should be aware of and that is WE ARE IN A WAR, A SPIRITUAL WAR. If you are genuinely born again then the Holy Spirit, through those whom He has raised up to be Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers and Pastors will raise you up to maturity and to the head Jesus Christ Ephesians 4. One cannot say they are genuinely born again if there is no growth and if the person is unable to stand against the wiles of the devil. The fruit of the Spirit is: Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Those who are carnal, that is the works of flesh are: Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I strongly suggest you find a true bible teaching church with a pastor that will take you and assist you in overcoming your problem. Who will disciple you and keep you on the narrow road to eternal life. He will be able, in the power of Gods Spirit and the Word of Truth, to help you in your need. As God by His Spirit has done, will do and is doing with me so He can do to you. God has no favourites. (be careful there are many churches who are calling themselves Christian but are nothing but a synagogue of Satan. Ensure that you find a bible based church that teaches sound biblical doctrine.

Love you in Christ, it would be nice to receive feedback. Please let me know how it goes. I will be praying for you. You are so precious in Gods sight that He became a man and died in your place so that you need not go to hell and the lake of fire. I hope that I have helped you understand spititual things better. This is only scratching the surface.

Sister my prayers go out to you
What a fountain of wisdom in this thread
I don’t need to expound on anything these brothers and sisters are giving as I see my self with the apostle peters foot in mouth disease I tend to speak before thinking all the way through :innocent:
But I love the wisdom being said by the others and I hope they reach you !
So just know many prayers are going out to you sister :love:
SHALOM

@UncleD

Dear Donald, words cannot express how thankful I am to you for this message. You gave me so much knowledge, and recommended me some great books that I plan to look into. Sometimes it’s definitely hard to believe our Almighty Father who is in Heaven would forgive me about my thoughts. As embarrassing and shameful this is to say sometimes I think that “Jesus died for everyone in the world, I am just apart of that.” I feel like I as a person have no special significance to Him. My thoughts get worse everyday, and I find it so difficult to pray to Him. I almost went back to old habits of distracting myself from God.The unforgivable sin is something that plaques my mind everyday. Many people have told me it’s when you reject the Holy Ghost. Even the preacher Billy Graham said that. But someone said that it’s when you slander His name out loud and don’t feel sorry at all. It has to come from deep part of yourself, your heart has to be of stone. I am afraid that one day I might say it out loud by accident or something.

Praying is something I still find difficult to do, I don’t pray properly. Sometimes I just talk in my head to God late in the night for a very short amount of time. But still reading the Holy Bible brings me comfort. As I finish up the New Testament, I find it scary to read the Old Testament because God seems angrier there, and unforgiving. I also sometimes get intrusive thoughts while reading the Holy Bible. The Christian psychologist told me that I just have a chemical imbalance in my brain, but I should still use the scripture to fight it. Ar first I wanted to get therapy, because of how numb I feel these days. I feel so apathetic, and this really scares me. I really want to be like David and be a woman who is after God’s heart. I am still struggling because I am focusing on my feelings not on my faith.

But when I saw your beautiful kind message I was absolutely blown away. It was just what I needed. I thank God for you so much my brother. You’re very kind, may God’s grace and love be with you forever. I felt so hopeless yesterday, but then I realized that there are kind people like you on earth, and I wish to meet them in Heaven, and say a big thank you.

Once again Donald, thank you ❤️

@MrBear

I absolutely agree that all these amazing children of God have took time out of their day—including you MrBear—to help me. I honestly didn’t think I would get this much support. People used to just tell me to ignore it or I can control my thoughts. All you have blessed me with such kind words, and helpful advice. I am truly blessed by my Father. Thank you for praying for me, I am most grateful. I will pray for you and Donald too

God bless you ❤️

First if all it is important to recognize that not all thoughts deserve to be analyzed. Secondly there are some very good articles on intrusive thoughts online. I have intrusive suicidal thoughts, but I am not remotely suicidal. I have zero desire or intention to ever hang myself, throw myself off a bridge, or swim out into the ocean until I drown from exhaustion. But these thoughts pop into my head throughout the day. I deal with them by imagining an ugly little imp following me around saying nasty things to me. When I do that, it's easy to just roll my eyes when I have one of those thoughts and think to myself "shut up, imp. I am not listening to you." Just my own coping mechanism but it helps.

Thank you @ManateeRanMild

I agree that not all thoughts should be analyzed. You gave me some really great advice. Now when I think of the thoughts I have had, I just imagine the enemy saying it instead of me. This makes me feel better because now I don’t believe that it’s coming out of my mind , and it’s my fault. I have had to deal with some other intrusive thoughts, not all of them are about my faith. I found it easier to ignore those thoughts, and ask forgiveness from God. But when I get intrusive blasphemous thoughts that have say bad things and have bad images of God, I get so worried. I think to myself this is me sinning directly at God. It’s harder for me to talk to God then because I feel so shameful and worried, so I just don’t pray even though I know it’s really bad not to.

Thank you for your advice, I do feel better and God bless you ❤️

Th
@UncleD

Dear Donald, words cannot express how thankful I am to you for this message. You gave me so much knowledge, and recommended me some great books that I plan to look into. Sometimes it’s definitely hard to believe our Almighty Father who is in Heaven would forgive me about my thoughts. As embarrassing and shameful this is to say sometimes I think that “Jesus died for everyone in the world, I am just apart of that.” I feel like I as a person have no special significance to Him. My thoughts get worse everyday, and I find it so difficult to pray to Him. I almost went back to old habits of distracting myself from God.The unforgivable sin is something that plaques my mind everyday. Many people have told me it’s when you reject the Holy Ghost. Even the preacher Billy Graham said that. But someone said that it’s when you slander His name out loud and don’t feel sorry at all. It has to come from deep part of yourself, your heart has to be of stone. I am afraid that one day I might say it out loud by accident or something.

Praying is something I still find difficult to do, I don’t pray properly. Sometimes I just talk in my head to God late in the night for a very short amount of time. But still reading the Holy Bible brings me comfort. As I finish up the New Testament, I find it scary to read the Old Testament because God seems angrier there, and unforgiving. I also sometimes get intrusive thoughts while reading the Holy Bible. The Christian psychologist told me that I just have a chemical imbalance in my brain, but I should still use the scripture to fight it. Ar first I wanted to get therapy, because of how numb I feel these days. I feel so apathetic, and this really scares me. I really want to be like David and be a woman who is after God’s heart. I am still struggling because I am focusing on my feelings not on my faith.

But when I saw your beautiful kind message I was absolutely blown away. It was just what I needed. I thank God for you so much my brother. You’re very kind, may God’s grace and love be with you forever. I felt so hopeless yesterday, but then I realized that there are kind people like you on earth, and I wish to meet them in Heaven, and say a big thank you.

Once again Donald, thank you ❤

Thanks for responding Nicky. I have more to share with you regarding your concerns and will post this later in this week. In the mean time look on YouTube for David Pawson - "The Normal Christian Birth". It is a set of 6 teachings. It will be well worth your while to listen to these teachings and measure yourself up to them. Regards Donald

Hello again Nicky, thank you so much for responding to what the Lord gave me for you and sorry for the delay. Please look to Him and thank Him for His kindness towards you. I am only a servant. I hope the following will also help. If thee is anything else you want help with you can post it in your reply.

In response to your reply, I would like to assist you further. So, in response to your response I give you more food for the heart from the Lord:

You said: “I feel like I as a person have no special significance to Him. My thoughts get worse everyday, and I find it so difficult to pray to Him” …

One wonders why God did not destroy Adam and Eve directly after they sinned. It is a question that every Christian should be asking themselves because Gods unfathomable love is shown right there. Let me explain: If God destroyed everything there and then after Adam’s sin both Adam and Eve would have to have gone to hell and would be there eternally. God did not want them to go there so he had a plan that He had set in place before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4 (read the whole chapter for a blessing). He knew Adam would sin and so therefore already planned for His redemption. Now Lucifer (light bearer) was in the garden too, but he chose to rebel (after this rebellion he became known as Satan (adversary) together with a third of the angels and when Adam sinned through the cunning, deceitfulness of his words to Eve they joined them in their rebellion (Ezekiel 28:11-19). God is absolutely perfect in holiness and sin cannot come into His presence. In 1 John 1:5 the Word says “God in light and in Him there is no darkness at all”. So, because of their sin they were put out of fellowship with Him, but He made a promise to Satan in Genesis 3:15 - I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”. This was a promise that was fulfilled and which can be seen in the Gospels and throughout the New Testament. Matter of fact the whole bible, both Old and New Testaments, speak of this one who would come and save man from His sin. This is also a teaching all on its own, but there are many prophecies in the OT that are fulfilled in the NT Gospels. The sacrifices and feasts all point to Jesus Christ. There is a saying that goes like this: the Old is in the New revealed, the New is in the Old concealed. From Genesis to Revelation it is all about Jesus Christ. In Revelation 1:8 it says “Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. In other words, He is Genesis (which means beginnings) followed by three -time frames: present, past and future, we see Him on the throne in the book of Revelation and He overcomes antichrist (a man possessed by Satan) and reigns on the earth for a thousand years together with those who are genuinely His.

So, in essence what I am saying is this, if you had been the only one to have sinned He would have come here to this earth and died on that cross to save you. This is the love of God that none perish but all come to the kn owledge of the truth and come to the cross to be saved. Unfortunately, many will not repent of their sins (that is cofess their sins and turn from sin and seek God’s mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ). Everyone of us has a choice to make .. God or Satan, Good or evil. We must make that choice. Do we deserve this unmerited favour – no we don’t but God saw our need and made a way for us to come back to Him. So, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, the love of God revealed through the Son. There can be no sitting on the fence it is either the one or the other (the seed of the woman Jesus Christ or the seed of the serpent - Antichrist - which also means instead or in place of Christ).

You also said: “The unforgivable sin is something that plaques my mind everyday. Many people have told me it’s when you reject the Holy Ghost. Even the preacher Billy Graham said that”.

I think you need to really understand that these thoughts should be dealt with in spiritual warfare. Jesus was tempted many times when He went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil and each time He used scripture to counter him (Matthew 4:1-11: Ephesians 6:10-18). Matthew 12:22-32 Jesus was speaking to the religious leaders of His day and they were accusing Jesus of casting out demons by Beelzebub (Thayer Definition: Beelzebub = “lord of the house” 1) a name of Satan, the prince of evil spirits Part of Speech: noun proper masculine). They were accusing Jesus of being possessed by Satan and casting out demons by his power and authority. Jesus said that this was paramount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit since He Himself (Jesus) was being led by the Holy Spirit and was casting out demons by Him too. So, they should be careful because such a sin as this will not be forgiven. You should take these thoughts captive by using scripture and see if that will stop them. If you are genuinely in Christ these thoughts will eventually cease because nothing can set itself up against the Word of God. Eventually every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (He is the living Word – John 1:14), better here on earth than in eternity. Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. These were religious men confronting Jesus Christ in whom the fulness of the Godhead dwelt bodily (Colossians 2:9). They attributed evil to the Holy Spirit and this was paramount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, something that will not be forgiven. Use these verses I have quoted to counter your blasphemous thoughts.

I hope the above helps too. I leve you with a couple of verses that always helps me:

Joh 10:4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Dear @UncleD ❤️

Again, I cannot thank you enough for further helping me. The Lord has blessed you with such great wisdom and kindness. Your kindness has helped me tremendously, and recently I am now accepting that Jesus does love me. My message here could never convey on how thankful I am to everyone. I always get so surprised when I see a new message, but nonetheless I am extremely thankful to Jesus for my brothers and sisters in Christ here. ✝️

Although I do believe Jesus loves me, sometimes doubts plaque my mind. I recently fell into the same old sinful habits, trying to distract myself from my thoughts. I wasn’t struggling with intrusive blasphemous thoughts, just only obsessing over them.

What makes me really mad, and disgusted at myself is that my sinful habits don’t bring me happiness. I just go back to them out of habit, and I saw many videos that I feel like God purposely was showing me about how He loves me, and I need to repent, and how they I cannot keep black sliding. I was so touched by these videos (because of the accuracy of what I was going through) that I started to cry a little, and I started to talk to God again in my head. I told Him about how thankful I was for how much He has done for me, and thankful for His love. I started to praise Him, and I genuinely felt better. Then the very next day, I was tempted a bit with my sin, but soon in the afternoon I started to feel just a *little* bit sad. So I used that excuse to sin again. Now I feel so numb and angry at myself.

I know Jesus loves me, and forgives me. But I have broken His precious heart a million times. My apologies meaning almost nothing now. I remember I saw a video of Billy Graham talking about how as we get older, we cannot hear the knocking on our hearts. I feel like this now. This was the first time in my whole life that I heard a teaching from God, then just immediately sinned again without feeling as guilty. Usually the teaching are enough to stop me, but my heart has been hardened. The thought of going back to God, and repenting seem so hard and exhausting. It’s the same cycle of me backsliding

I know the fault rests solely on me, and I really need to change, and repent with the help of Jesus. I remembered when I was suffering day and night with intrusive blasphemous thoughts, I would always imagined if God took it away, I would stop praise Him all the time, and never question His love. But now look

I am really sorry for venting out here, I don’t mean to dump anything on anyone. I hope this okay that I am sharing this

Once again, thank you @UncleD. You are truly a blessing

Hi Nelly,

I really feel for you as I see myself in your shoes. I have gone through exactly what your are going through, you develop a lifestyle of serving God and falling away because of the intrusive thoughts. Rest assured you have not committed any unpardonable sin and are not out of Gods love. I fell away so many times yet Jesus persued me after every time till I found the root of my problem. He loves you very much and wants you to be free.

I cant say one lid fits all pots, i can only tell you what worked for me. The root of my problem was a spirit of Witchcraft which came in through my ancestral line. Once I closed that door through repentence and using my authority in Christ, my mind when from 10 to 90% peace!

Have u ever been involved in the occult or any of your ancestors?

Hello @Tboss

Thank you for replying and your kind words. I have not been involved in the occult, and to my knowledge none of my ancestors have been either. My whole family are Christians, these types of things are forbidden.

Truthfully, in the past few weeks I have had almost no intrusive blasphemous thoughts. My problem now is that I am always thinking of my blasphemous thoughts. Sometimes I am afraid that one day I might say something blasphemous. The only way I was able to distract myself from this was by sinning. Now, I am trying to go back to God, but I feel so ashamed and exhausted.

Thank you once again. Jesus loves you, and God bless ❤️

Hi Nicky,

There are so many ways we can get involved in the occultic things without us knowing it. You dont neccesarily have to go see a pshycic or witchdoctor to open yourself up to these tormenting spirits. These days the occult is everywhere. Below is a list of items that can open doors to demons and many more.

1. Playing ouiji board
2. Visiting fortune tellers
3. Visiting witchdoctors
4. Reading horoscopes
5. Astrology reading
6. having tarrot card readings
7. Watching horror movies
8. Reading occcultic books like harry potter, the wizzard of oz, dungeons and dragons
9. Fortune cookies
10. Practisibg Yoga and new age
11. Having cursed items and idols in your home like buddahs, pagan Gods.
12. Visiting mediums and talking to the dead.
13. Secret societies and free masonary
14. Ungodly soul ties due to formication.

The list goes on and on. If u havent done so already, I would confess and repent of these sins in any case just to cover yourself. Sometimes these sins can go up into your ancestral line muliple generations hence u need to repent on behalf of your ancestors too. Then command any evil spirits that came in through the particular sin to leave in Jesus name.

It doesnt mean if u are a christian, evil spirits cant torment you. They can if they have a legal right to be there through these open doors. I was a spirit filled believer that was baptised in the spirit and speaking in tongues when all the tormenting happened to me, yet the demons dismantled my faith.

WHAT IS VITAL AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR YOU IS TO ACCEPT AND UNDERSTAND THAT THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOURS , I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT YOURS!!! ITS NOT YOU, BUT COMING FROM AN EXTERNAL EVIl SOURCE THAT MAKES YOU THINK ITS YOU TO KEEP YOU FROM GROWING IN CHRIST

Hello, I am a new member. I chose to join when I read a testimony about someone who also went through severe intrusive blasphemous thoughts. I was recently diagnosed with religious ocd, and I have no idea how to cope with it. Therapy right now is out of the question, and I am trying to distract myself so that I cannot obsess over my thoughts. I would love and be open to any advice, and if someone else also has scrupulosity, I would love to talk

if you can keep me in your prayers,I would be most thankful. God bless you all

Hello Nicky

Nice to meet you.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is religious ocd?

Hello Nicky

Nice to meet you.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is religious ocd?

Hi Servant of God, thought I answer in my own words. OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Add religious to the front and you have Religious Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. OCD is a mental disorder whereby you have obsessive thinking patterns that keeps you brain occupied until you are mentally drained every day, then you have compulsions which forces you to do certain rituals every day like washing your hands repeatedly even though its clean and you have washed it many times. In terms of religious OCD, you have obessions and compulsion related to your religion, e.g. you have compulsions to pray over and over or you obsess and have fears that you are not forgiven when the bible says you are. Its really a devil of a disease, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Dear @Servant of God

I am so sorry for replying late, @Tboss is correct that is essentially what religious ocd is. Thank you for replying for me @Tboss, it’s truly is mentally and emotionally draining. But I am speaking with someone who is going through intrusive blasphemous thoughts too right now, she doesn’t have religious ocd though (Thank God). But I feel very understood by her because we both feel hopeless but are encouraging each other.