• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I have a question on a clip i found

I had found a clip that was on a chritian brothers sig. i spoke to brother chad about it and he said it was not true. that it was wrong. he told me to post here to get more info on it. in the clips everything that he supoosebly whent through in hell is quoted in the bible in different scriptures. i just whanted to know what was so bad about this information or if brother chad heard a different clip than me. thanks for helping me evryone and godbless you!

p8ntballer5420 said:
I had found a clip that was on a chritian brothers sig. i spoke to brother chad about it and he said it was not true. that it was wrong. he told me to post here to get more info on it. in the clips everything that he supoosebly whent through in hell is quoted in the bible in different scriptures. i just whanted to know what was so bad about this information or if brother chad heard a different clip than me. thanks for helping me evryone and godbless you!
I find it hard to believe that anyone could go to Hell and be able to leave. Hell is permanent, there is no escape.

It looks tro me as if this clip you found is the kind of junk the tabloids like to print.

SLE

SpiritLedEd said:
I find it hard to believe that anyone could go to Hell and be able to leave. Hell is permanent, there is no escape.
It looks tro me as if this clip you found is the kind of junk the tabloids like to print.
SLE

I agree. . .Hell is permanent!

the man did not go to hell. suposebly he was led there by jesus in the spirit so he could testify to others the horrors of hell. like i said everthing that happen in the sound clips was quoted from the bible.

Administrator
Staff Member
Brother, thanks for asking this publicly.

1. Anyone can quote Scripture, awake, sleeping, dreaming, etc.

2. Don't believe everything you hear. Even "friends"

3. I've heard the clip, its a lie. Its from the 70's (tabloid) if I remember correctly. If not the same, it is still the same junk = lies.

If Jesus wanted everyone to hear what hell sounds like, he would let EVERYONE hear it. After all, He died on the Cross for EVERYONE to receive Salvation through Him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

like borther chad said if anyone can post that would be great, the only reason i though it was true was because everything in it is quoted from the bible.

I am not quite sure what exactly what is being said here. But here's what I think I know about HELL. Hell, Hades & Sheol are all the same word with the same meaning. As far as I know, I learned from the Scriptures that the dead are asleep in death awaiting a resurrection. They experience no torment or painful hellfire. {Psalms 146:3 & 4, Ecclesiastes 9:5 & 10, John 11:11-14}
I too, am still looking for more info on this subject.
If Hell were a place of fiery torment, would anyone ask to be sent there? Yet, patriarch Job, wishing to escape the predicament he was in, made this request: "Oh that thou wouldest hide me in Sheol, That thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, That thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!" {Job 14:13} So, clearly Job did not believe that Hell is a place of torment. Rather, Job sought protection there. Death is a state of nonexistence, and the Bible Hell is the common grave of mankind. Hell {Hades & Sheol} is only where we bury our dead.

Even Jesus went to hades for 3 days & 3 nights, before GOD raised Him up again.

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Acts 2:29-33
29. "Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.
30. "Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,
31. "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32. "This Jesus, God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
33. "Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
Ephesians 4:9
(Now this, "He ascended'' what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?

Administrator
Staff Member
No one said that.

There is a hell for those who die unsaved [without Christ]

Those that Jonah referred to as "dead are asleep" are the saved, who have already died (physical death) and await the resurrection and new Heaven when the day of Christ comes (after at least).

Administrator
Staff Member
Good article from gotquestions.org

The word paradise is used as a synonym for Heaven (2 Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7). What we do know for sure is that there has always been a separation of believers and unbelievers (Luke 16:19-31). The righteous have always gone to paradise, the wicked have always gone to Hell (Hades). For right now, both heaven (Paradise) and Hell (Sheol) are “temporary holding places” until the day when Jesus Christ comes back to judge the world based on whether or not they have believed in Him. One day, all will be sent to their eternal destination. The wicked to the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15) and the righteous to a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21-22).

Read the Scripture quoted in the above article.

p8ntballer5420 said:
so if you die you wait in the ground for jesus?
As a believer I believe we are "absent from the body, to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8 The body goes to the ground, but the soul goes straight to be with Jesus.
Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

:love: Hi p8ntballer5420, I have a question for you. I too {in a way} believe what Chad is saying. That, "Hell (Sheol) is a “temporary holding place for the dead." until the day when Jesus Christ comes back to judge the world based on whether or not they have believed in Him.
:love: And so, my question to you is, do you see hell as a place of fire & brimstone, of unending torment & anguish? Or is hell perhaps a symbolic description of a condition?
Because, for centuries, a fiery hell of anguishing torments has been envisioned by many as the certain destiny for sinners. This idea is still popular among many today. {But does not mean it's true!} The threat of such a painful punishment in the after life has counterparts in every major world religion & in some minor ones as well. "Hindus, Buddhist, Muslims, Jains, and Taoist believe in a hell of one sort or another.
Hell, though, has aquired another image in mdern thinking. "While the traditional infernal imagery still attacts a following," states the forementioned magazine, "modern visons of eternal periction as a particularly unpleasant solitary confinement are beginning to emerge, suggesting that hell may not be so hot after all."
The Jesuit journal La Civilta' observed: "It is misleading. . . to think that GOD, by means of demons, inflicts fearful torments on the damned like that of fire." It added: "Hell exists, not as a place but as state, {like when we sin on purpose & then suffer the humilation & conserquinces there of} a way of being of the person who suffers the pain of the deprivation {loss} of GOD." Pope John Paul II said in 1999: "Rather than a place, hell indicates that the state of those who freely & definitively {really} separate themselves from GOD, the source of all life & joy." As to the images of hell as a firey place, Pope John Paul II said: "They show the comeplete frustration & emtiness of life without GOD." Had the Pope {John Paul II} described hell in terms of flames & a red-suited devil with a pitchfork, Church Historian Martin Marty said, "people wouldn't take it seriously."
:love:

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
The "pope" is part of the catholic system. Not the Christian system. Read about catholic issues here

Taken from gotquestions.org (a favorite site of mine)

Is hell real? Studies show that over 90% of people in the world believe in a "heaven" while less than 50% believe in an eternal hell. It is very interesting, though, that the Bible has more to say about Hell than it has to say about Heaven. Hell is most definitely real! The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never-ending as the bliss of the righteous in Heaven. The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12), "shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2), a place where "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44-49), a place of "torments" and "flame" (Luke 16:23,24), "everlasting destruction" (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place of torment with "fire and brimstone" where "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever" (Revelation 14:10,11), and a "lake of fire and brimstone" where the wicked are "tormented day and night forever and ever" (Revelation 20:10).

Jesus Himself indicates that the punishment in hell itself is everlasting - not merely the smoke and flames.

The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God in hell. They consciously suffer shame and contempt and the assaults of an accusing conscience -- along with the fiery wrath of an offended deity -- for all of eternity. Even those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalms 76:10). Those who are in the very real hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end! Praise God that through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16,18,36).

Chad said:
The "pope" is part of the catholic system. Not the Christian system. Read about catholic issues here

Taken from gotquestions.org (a favorite site of mine)

Is hell real? Studies show that over 90% of people in the world believe in a "heaven" while less than 50% believe in an eternal hell. It is very interesting, though, that the Bible has more to say about Hell than it has to say about Heaven. Hell is most definitely real! The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never-ending as the bliss of the righteous in Heaven. The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12), "shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2), a place where "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44-49), a place of "torments" and "flame" (Luke 16:23,24), "everlasting destruction" (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place of torment with "fire and brimstone" where "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever" (Revelation 14:10,11), and a "lake of fire and brimstone" where the wicked are "tormented day and night forever and ever" (Revelation 20:10).

Jesus Himself indicates that the punishment in hell itself is everlasting - not merely the smoke and flames.

The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God in hell. They consciously suffer shame and contempt and the assaults of an accusing conscience -- along with the fiery wrath of an offended deity -- for all of eternity. Even those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalms 76:10). Those who are in the very real hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end! Praise God that through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16,18,36).

exactly, i was going to say what chad said. they are catholic ( Pope John Paul II ) we are christians.

Revelation 20:11-15
11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
:Love:
Now in Revelation 20:15, once any thing is cast into a fire & is burned to complete ashes, is the meaning of no-more existance. It does NOT mean that the wicked will feel the burning flames - but - once cast into the fire - will exist no-more, never, ever again. And what is ashes but, another form of dust - "for dust you are , and to dust you shall return." {Genesis 3:19}

Thank you Chad, but I have a hard time swallowing this. And by-the way I am not Catholic, that was just something that I had read about the Pope.
But, why would GOD give us our own choices to make & then say to us if we do not obey HIM we will end up in a fiery torment being burned by hot burning flames for ever & ever? Why would HE do this, if HE loves us so much?
Has not GOD taught us Love? Has HE not also taught us what cruelty is?
And is it not wrong to whip a man senseless or to abuse in anyway?
I just can not see GOD doing this {fiery torment} even unto the wicked themselves.
I do understand that HE would & will destroy them completely!
But NOT in fiery torment being burned by hot burning flames for ever & ever? Forgive me Chad, I do not mean to make trouble - for I am still learning - but this is just how I see GOD.
Please, do correct me if I am wrong - I do welcome all discipline & correction given to me from GOD.
*genesis!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Hell was created originally for the devil and his demons (fallen angels). Through sin we follow the devil. Through repentance by GOD's grace in Jesus Christ we follow Him, our GOD and Savior and receive righteousness (Heaven bound) through Jesus.

GOD is a GOD of justice. Why is it hard to swallow that hell is what the Bible says it is? We have choices (freedom) becuase freedom is necessary to for love to be sincere, genuine. One cannot be without the other (love / freedom). Why would anyone reject Christ and end up in hell? Did you consider this also?

The ones who end up in hell deserve it by their choice not GOD's. They chose that path, they will end up there. GOD made clear in the Bible that the end of days will not happene until every person knows the name of Jesus. In other Words, every one is given the chance to repent. Is GOD's grace not good enough for those currently on the way to hell? GOD's grace is sufficient, we have freedom to choose either GOD's grace in Jesus or reject Christ and end up in hell.

Which person in their right mind would reject Jesus? Not me. I love Jesus and I'm going to Heaven by His grace.

Keep reading the Word sister, meditate and pray and GOD will grant you wisdom. We ALL continue to learn (if we seek wisdom) until our last breath

Proverbs 14:6
A scoffer seeks wisdom and does not find it,But knowledge is easy to him who understands.

Ecclesiastes 1:13
And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonah

While God is Love He is also Just! He has many time in the bible has told us the consequence of sin.

Revelation 20:15

15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

To think there is no hell is a big mistake in my opinon. So is teaching it.. The no hell theory in my thoughts is just the work of the devil

Genesis 3

4 But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die,

I think this (and please correct me if I'm wrong ) this is the first lie that satan was able to sell very well.

Thank you again Chad, I will look into this some more & will pray to GOD for more understanding on this subject in hope to gain more wisdom - if it be GOD'S Will! MGBY!