• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I feel God seems too far to me...

In the real life there’re so many difficulties and so much unfairness that I often feel frustrated and helpless .Where is the Omniscient? I know “Believe in God “,however, I feel God seems too far from me . Why? So much unfairness? I’hm a freshman of ambition. I love music ; I love English; I love history ; I love geography; I love the beauties of nature ; I love people all over the world . I have many lofty ideals. But the reality often play jokes on me . For example ,I am eager to learn by computer . But I have to go to a computer bar only because my family is very poor and can’ta afford a computer valued 500 dollars . On the other hand the people who have computers indugle in playing games day and night . WHY? Do God think it fair ?Could you tell me and help me ?
----A bemused believer
:confused:

canning said:
In the real life there’re so many difficulties and so much unfairness that I often feel frustrated and helpless .Where is the Omniscient? I know “Believe in God “,however, I feel God seems too far from me . Why? So much unfairness? I’hm a freshman of ambition. I love music ; I love English; I love history ; I love geography; I love the beauties of nature ; I love people all over the world . I have many lofty ideals. But the reality often play jokes on me . For example ,I am eager to learn by computer . But I have to go to a computer bar only because my family is very poor and can’ta afford a computer valued 500 dollars . On the other hand the people who have computers indugle in playing games day and night . WHY? Do God think it fair ?Could you tell me and help me ?
----A bemused believer

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Psalm 73:28
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

The way to feel close to God , is to be a servant of God ! Today , instead of wondering why God is not meeting you're needs . Be thankful , for all he has done in you're life , and others ! Envy is the root of all evil . Rejoice with those who God blesses , and you will see God do great things in you're life ! Mike

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello canning God bless you. Please listen to what my brothers / sisters said in their responses. They are right.

Life is unfair because us humans made it that way through our sins. Been that way since the first sin of man. However, Jesus paid the price and we can now receive blessings directly from the Father in Heaven.

Who plants your gardens? Is it not the rain that GOD sends down? Who's garden is it? Is it not GOD that makes the plants grow so you can eat? The animals so you can eat?

Why are you concerned with what others do with their computers? That's their business not yours. You should spend more time thinking of how you can please GOD for all He has already done for you and I.

Canning,

We all have a cross to bear in this life. Whatever our sufferings are, whatever our problems are, we have to trust God that He will help us! God has measured this cross before giving it to us and you can be sure that we can carry it! Ask the Lord to make stronger your shoulders to endure anything that shall happen. Jesus is with you and He loves you! Never forget this!
The path to the kingdom of God is not so easy, that's why many people abandon it on thei way. Do not do this! The Lord said that happy are those who are crying. Because any pain we will have, He will give us hope, strength and He will guide our way.

TRUST GOD!!!

Christina

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

Canning,

I can see your honesty in this post. Moreover, the question you ask, are valid questions, and ones that seekers of God often ask.
"Where is the Omniscient? I know “Believe in God “, however, I feel God seems too far from me. Why? So much unfairness? On the other hand, the people who have computers indulge in playing games day and night. WHY? Do God think it fair? Could you tell me and help me?" Allow me to restate these, and please correct or confirm the accuracy of my restatement.

You have asked:

1. Where is the Omniscient? In other words, why does God allow injustice, if He is all knowing?
2. Why does God seem so far from me?
3. Why, so much unfairness? This is really a restating of question one.
4 Does God think it is fair, and do we think it is fair, the state of the worlds treatment of us?
5 Can you help me?

Lets start with question 5. Yes, we can help. However, we can only help because God has helped us through Christ Jesus, His son. 2Peter 1:3 tells us; "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:" You have access to this same power, through Jesus Christ our Lord. However, it is wise to seek the counsel of Godly brothers and sisters.

Now lets look at question 4. Do I think the world is fair? NO!
In Mark 4:19 we are told; "And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful." This world is about, deceitfulness, and lust. These characteristics are not fair; they are selfish and self-centered.
However, 1Co 2:12 tells us we are not like the world. "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." The way the world operates is opposed to the operations of God. The Spirit of the World is not the Spirit of God. Therefore, when you ask, is God fair, I say yes. However, when you ask is the world fair, I say no. Romans 1:17 tells us how we must live in this unfair world. "Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." We must live by faith, not in deceitfulness and lust as the world does.

On to question 3, Why, so much unfairness? The quick answer, sin! Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." With sin, came pride, and selfishness and deceitfulness. If you read Genesis, you can see that the world we live in was not God's original desire. Sin plunged all creation into corruption; therefore, we live in a corrupt and unfair world.

Question 2: 2. Why does God seem so far from me?
This is one, which you most answer. Why does He seem so far from you?
In the book of Hebrews we are told, "(Hebrews 13:5) "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Our instinct is to blame God when we do not get what we "want", even if He has met our "needs"
I ask you to examine yourself, do you know Him? Is Christ your Saviour, or just someone in a book? Have you ever confessed Him as Lord? Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. If you have accepted Christ as Lord, then the answer to your question, "why does God seem so far from me." is simply, that you have wandered away. If you have not accepted Christ as Lord, the answer is, you have never been close, but you can be.
There is a post on this site, by Brothersinarmst4g, which can take you through the steps of salvation, or follow these verses:

1. Realize you are a sinner. Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Everyone is a sinner.

2. Because you are a sinner, understand what you deserve. The first half of Romans 6:23 tells us what we deserve "For the wages of sin is death;"

3. However, Because of who God is, understand what we are given, Romans 6:23 goes on to say, "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." And Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." We deserve death, yet God's gift is eternal life through Christ Jesus.

4. So how do we open this gift? Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

It is that simple. If you do accept Christ, would you please let us know? We desire to assist you in your growth and understanding. We also wish to Disciple and counsel with you. We want to teach you about Baptism, prayer and the reading of God's Word. Even if you have already accepted Christ, we wish to assist you in this way. I hope that you will not find any of this offensive, but will take it in the spirit in which it is offered. Please reply and let us know where you stand, and how you are doing.

God Bless you
Your Pastor T

Our FEELINGS often misdirect us but God's WORD never misdirects us.

Live in the way that God has directed us and your feelings will come to know the truth and your natural will be replaced by his supernatural and you will be as close to him as close can be. :thumbs_up

In the :love: of Christ Jesus our LORD, Yeshua :boy_hug:

canning said:
----A bemused believer

Canning, Lean not into your own understanding. God knows your heart, and where theres a will theres a way! I know it is hard and confusing but Isaiah 42:16 reminds us what God will do for us.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamilliar paths I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make rough places smooth.
These are things I will do;
I will not forsake them.

This tells us that not matter how you feel things should be, or how far you think God is from you, He will always be there to smooth out the rough edges for your understanding!
Stay Strong!

God Bless
Sis in Christ:love:
Lnrobar

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Canning:

I assume that you have often prayed for a computer.

I understand how you feel. My family is very poor. For example, my brother stole clothes off a clothes line so that we would have something to wear to school.

I have learned that God hears our prayers and knows our needs. Be patient.

A prayer for you:

Heavenly Father,
Please show Cannon that you are with him. I pray that you provide him a computer. In Jesus name. Amen.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Yeshua said:
Live in the way that God has directed us and your feelings will come to know the truth and your natural will be replaced by his supernatural and you will be as close to him as close can be. :thumbs_up

In the :love: of Christ Jesus our LORD, Yeshua :boy_hug:

how funny that our feelings will come to know the truth! i have lots of feeling at the moment all over the place and this made me think they will go in time as i learn

thank you yeshua for writing this

The love of God cannot be measured in material terms.We feel empowered by our faith.God is always there for us and if we place Him central to our daily lives we have riches more than we can ever imagine. I pray for you brother that you can look around and see how much God has achieved in your life.Working with Jesus you can do achieve great things.Open your heart and your mind and allow our Saviour to work within you. God Bless you.

burgeon said:
Canning:

I assume that you have often prayed for a computer.

I understand how you feel. My family is very poor. For example, my brother stole clothes off a clothes line so that we would have something to wear to school.

I have learned that God hears our prayers and knows our needs. Be patient.

A prayer for you:

Heavenly Father,
Please show Cannon that you are with him. I pray that you provide him a computer. In Jesus name. Amen.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie
One thing that I found most difficult to accept is that God answers prayer in His time, not ours and that His time is always the best time. Two key Scriptures in dealing with this issue are James 1: 2-4 and Mark 11:24.

Its a matter of patiently trusting God to meet our needs.