• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

" I don't think "GOD" the Father, loves everybody", according to "this portion of "Holy Scripture" it seems Conditional.

Loyal
John 14:15
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:24
Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

John 16:27
For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
God is capable of love on two distinct levels-- personal and impersonal; for example:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever
believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

God's love in that passage is expressed by the verb agapao (ag-ap-ah'-o) which is
an impersonal level of love. In other words agapao primarily refers to benevolence;
roughly defined as the disposition to do good, .e.g. kindness, consideration,
generosity, courtesy, lenience, tolerance, patience, sympathy, assistance, civility,
friendliness, etc. (cf. Matt 5:45)

John 3:16 tells me that God cares about certain people without particularly liking
them; in point of fact He may even be quite disgusted and strongly inclined to
discard their body, soul, and spirit in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:11
15 where numbers of folk will be terminated by a mode of death akin to a foundry
worker falling into a kettle of molten iron. Ironically those people will be going there
in spite of God's caring for their safety and wishing their lives didn't have to end
that way.

His other level of love is expressed by the Greek verb phileo (fil-eh'-o) which
exceeds agapao because it includes not just benevolence but also fondness, for
example:

"The Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have believed that
I came forth from the Father." (John 16:27)

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called
children of God!" (1John 3:1)

In other words: phileo is a level of love that plucks God's heart strings because
phileo is an affectionate level of love that speaks of bonding, longing, and
attachment.
_

Staff Member
Dear Brother,
I truly believe He Loves those who are His, and since I don't know who those are in total. I look at it as if none would be lost, and so all are loved. Still, that is the natural/spiritual me that battles and looks to see it that way. I shed many a tear in my youth for those who would go to Hell. Kinda of like 2 Peter 3:9

For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8 NKJV

I add the above verse, because I believe He loved us even before we ever were obedient to any of His Word.

I also like @Beetow post describing a couple of the Greek words for Love. Especially, the difference in agape vs phileo.

Thought provoking thread brother. Kudos.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
I have herd it say a lot that God hates the sin but but loves the sinner, how can we separate the two??? the only way I see that we can separate the two ,,,,,,(and I may be wrong) is to make the distinction between a sinner that repents and sinner that does not repent. Does god love the sinner that does not repent???????

Psalm 5:5-6
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers. You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Loyal

Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God.

this a good thread and got me thinking of a recent post I saw from someone, @PloughBoy or anyone else I would love to here your thoughts on it. because all these scripture you have pointed out, to me says we have to take personal responsibility, yet I here preachers nowadays always putting the full burden on Jesus, I know its ultimatley Jesus who changes us, but we have to take part somehow

so here is the quote I am conflicted about, I think its in line with OP in a way if not just remove this posting,

"Preaching moralistic behavioral modification is not Good News. It is a burden that pushes people away from Jesus. If we could change our behavior, there would be no need for Jesus. Preach the rescuing work of Christ that works new life in and through us."

Active
Rom 5:8 . . But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still
sinners, Christ died for us.

The Greek word for "love" in that verse is agape (ag-ah'-pay) which may, or may
not, include the elements of fondness and affection, but always expresses
benevolence. In other words: Rom 5:8, and John 3:16 tell us about God's
compassion; roughly defined as a sympathetic awareness of others' distress,
coupled with a desire to alleviate it.

The earliest recorded instance of God's compassion is in the book of Genesis where
He-- free of charge --made Adam and his wife their first suit of durable clothing,
no doubt to assist them in coping with their newfound sense of decency.

Seeing as His sympathetic willingness to be helpful is offered to the whole world
(John 3:16-17) then I believe it's safe to say that God feels just as much pity for
guys like Adolph Hitler, Kim Jung Un, Saddam Hussein, and Theodore Kaczynski as
he does for Mother Teresa, Eleanor Roosevelt, and/or Florence Nightingale.
_

Loyal
(Romans 9).

. 13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Those scriptures were spoken in the time of the covenant that God made with Abraham,, before Christ!! He had no covenant with Pharaoh!! Praise God for Jesus that changed that for all men!!!

It is not seeking the Truth in the Word,, that makes us easy prey for the enemy to lead us astray!! Praise the name of Jesus for redeeming us from the blindness that was on Adam, by which he didn't see the deception of satan!! Adam's eyes were open, but could not see!! Jesus was blindfolded yet could see!! Praise God!!

Loyal
I have to wonder... why all the emphasis on whether God loves us or not?

Let us say He loves everyone, I am OK with that... (The Bible does say He hated Esau, it would be hard to imagine He loves Satan more than Esau).
In any case, the love of God is not the Salvation of God. God loves even sinners, unbelievers, and the un-saved. So even if He loves everyone, everyone is not saved
so the fact that God may or may not love someone should be of secondary concern to Salvation.

Conditional love..?

John 14:21; "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."
John 15:10; "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

1Jn 3:24; The one who keeps His commandments abides in Christ, and Christ abides in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1Jn 5:3; For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

It seems to me, if we are worried about whether God loves us or not, we should do the things that keep us in His love.

Jude 1:21; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Loyal
Maybe such writing are there to make sure, we stay on "The Path", if we begin to stray away as some "sheep' do. "or for some of those who think they have enternal life".

(2 Cor. 13:5-6).
5Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test? 6But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.

And do all "Search", as we do, or do they take the words of another man?

(John 5:39)
39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Loyal
Those scriptures were spoken in the time of the covenant that God made with Abraham,, before Christ!! He had no covenant with Pharaoh!! Praise God for Jesus that changed that for all men!!!
(1 Cor. 10: 1-13).

1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Christ have aways existed. "Before Abraham was , "I AM"!

( John 8)BSB.
54Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. The One who glorifies Me is My Father, of whom you say ‘He is ourg God.’ 55You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see My day. He saw it and was glad.”

57Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?”

58“Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!h

59At this, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple area.i

Loyal
. 13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

you know David and Esau had murder in common, they both sinned yet God says he hated Esau and Loved David. I see mainly the difference of the two is that david repented, and seeked God with all his heart. BUt David was right up there with the best of sinners, yet not all sinners repent like David did, and seek the Lord like David did.

Loyal
you know David and Esau had murder in common, they both sinned yet God says he hated Esau and Loved David. I see mainly the difference of the two is that david repented, and seeked God with all his heart. BUt David was right up there with the best of sinners, yet not all sinners repent like David did, and seek the Lord like David did.
David got busted and God curse his household, I think before he repented. God called him out, He tried to keep it a secret, and God your son sleep your wife in the open, so every one can see it. Then David Repented. I am going look at the story again. I think I posted a reply concerning David trying to hide his sin and God called Him out by "Nathan" the prophet.

Loyal
Yes I was right. David only Repented because God sent "Nathan" and called him out and curse his whole household, then King David Repented.

(2 Samuel 12).
7Nathan then said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the LORD God of Israel, ‘It is I who anointed you king over Israel and it is I who delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8‘I also gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your care, and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah; and if that had beentoo little, I would have added to you many more things like these! 9‘Why have you despised the word of the LORD by doing evil in His sight? You have struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword, have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the sons of Ammon. 10‘Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ 11“Thus says the LORD, ‘Behold, I will raise up evil against you from your own household; I will even take your wives before your eyes, and give them to your companion, and he shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. 12‘Indeed you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, and under the sun.’” 13Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die. 14“However, because by this deed you have given occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born to you shall surely die.” 15So Nathan went to his house.

Now that is "cold"! You would repent too!

It is not seeking the Truth in the Word,, that makes us easy prey for the enemy to lead us astray!! Praise the name of Jesus for redeeming us from the blindness that was on Adam, by which he didn't see the deception of satan!! Adam's eyes were open, but could not see!! Jesus was blindfolded yet could see!! Praise God!!
The Bible says Adam knew, but wanted to follow Eve anyway.

1 Timothy 2:13-14
[13]For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
[14]And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Dear Brother,
I truly believe He Loves those who are His, and since I don't know who those are in total. I look at it as if none would be lost, and so all are loved. Still, that is the natural/spiritual me that battles and looks to see it that way. I shed many a tear in my youth for those who would go to Hell. Kinda of like 2 Peter 3:9

For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8 NKJV

I add the above verse, because I believe He loved us even before we ever were obedient to any of His Word.

I also like @Beetow post describing a couple of the Greek words for Love. Especially, the difference in agape vs phileo.

Thought provoking thread brother. Kudos.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

-------------
Never mourn Judas Iscariot. Be grateful we're free of the wicked.
The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. Prov 16:4

21Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— Rom 9

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never cast out. John 6:37
...and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:18

To God alone be glory.

---------
10And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or badin order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of Him who calls— 12she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” Rom 9

Staff Member
-------------
Never mourn Judas Iscariot. Be grateful we're free of the wicked.
The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. Prov 16:4

21Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— Rom 9

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never cast out. John 6:37
...and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:18

To God alone be glory.
Dear Mary,
I don't mourn Judas Iscariot, for the choice was made, and the task set to him to do was completed. Who my heart goes out to are those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Those who have not received His Saving Grace, and yet still breath with the opportunity to receive Him, and yet won't. So, I would mourn for those who are dead and don't know it, but still have time to repent and believe. May the Holy Spirit touch them, that they may fall to their knees, and not run away and hide from what they know the truth to be in Christ Jesus. Those I pray for, because in truth I don't know who has been made to honor or dishonor, and so, there is Hope for those who would believe thought the time is getting shorter.

Always to God be the Glory! \o/

YBIC
Nick
<><