• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I don't know what to do?

My Mom wants me to grow up as an adult right.
But as a spiritual mom, she buys me baby christian stuff like stories of the bible made for little kids, a lamb lamp for little kids or even for babies. Why is she buying me these baby christian things when she could go & buy me Christian Teen books( that will help me right now to grow spiritually) , CDs, T-shirts, ect from the lifeway. :confused: I don't know what to do? Anyone have advice for me?

Banned: Broke Rules Several Times
[edit by admin]

Removed your foul language. This is a Christian site whether you like it or not, you abide by the rules or take your filth to a different site.

Every post you made was nothing Christ like whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Godsgirl . When I First Got Saved , I Used To Watch Shows Like [ Gerbert , Flying House , Quigley's Village , And Psalty The Singing Songbook ] Just Name A Few . You Probably Have'nt Got A Clue What Shows I Am Talking About Because They Are As Old A The Earth It-selfe ! Anyway , Jesus Touched My Heart With All Those Things . It's Hard To Admit You're Children Are Growing Up Cause It Happens So Fast ! I Bellieve You Can Be An Adult , But You Have To Allow You're Mom To See You Being One ! Sit Down With You're Mom And Talk To Here ... Like An Adult ... ! I Know You Can Do This Cause You Have Jesus In You're Life . Whatever You're Mom Says To You , Honor Her And Show Her Respect . Be At Peace With Her And Try To Pray For Understanding On Both Sides . Please Remember , That As A Parent , Time Flies With You're Children , And The Devil Attacks Parents With Fear About Their Young Adults . Be Patient With You're Mom ... God Only Gave You One So Enjoy Each Other And Learn From You're Mom And Show Her You Are Ready To Grow More Spiritually . Big-brother

Banned: Broke Rules Several Times
This might be off topic, but using caps at the beginning of each word. . .STOP IT. . .it's more annoying than typos

but I agree on the honoring the parents thing. But it's really hard with my mom, she went through menopause for 7 years. I have a back up mom, you know, an aunt.

I would also talk to your mom about it!!If you dont tell her she will never know what bothers you!!And belive me thats not good!!
Sunset

Maybe she's not quite ready to realize that your growing up and facing more difficult decisons as a Christian. The best thing you could do is talk about it with her and just pray that she understands where your coming from! Im new at this, but i hope im helping!

yes talk to yor mom... also we all start out as babies when it comes to learning about our lord. i still read childrens books and bible stories. i have a teen bible i read a lot cause i can (sometimes)understand it better.....i think you need both at this stage, pray to god about it and let your mom know how you feel...

oh ya i forgot to tell you...im 57 and ive raised ten children.... and im still a child learning and getting close to my (our god)....by the way how old are you?

joyanne said:
oh ya i forgot to tell you...im 57 and ive raised ten children.... and im still a child learning and getting close to my (our god)....by the way how old are you?
I'm 19 years old

hi godsgirl, if you have prayed about this, and you are having thoughts of confronting your mom with the grown up situation. . . then ask God to help you have some free time for you and your mom together. . .make you all some hot chocolate or tea and a muffin or a really cool cake and introduce her to the new Godgirl!
Able to get dressed, walk, talk, think, pray, imagine, dream, take responsebility, cook, clean, make friends, search for gods will in her life, plan her future somewhat
I'm sure your mom will love her! ! !
She might have a hard time letting you grow up and letting you go, but if you tell her, im sure she will be meeting and greeting a new daughter. . .
Pray for love that Jesus can fill in her heart, if her babys grown up and about to go fly and discover the world. . .
peeps

peeps said:
hi godsgirl, if you have prayed about this, and you are having thoughts of confronting your mom with the grown up situation. . . then ask God to help you have some free time for you and your mom together. . .make you all some hot chocolate or tea and a muffin or a really cool cake and introduce her to the new Godgirl!
Able to get dressed, walk, talk, think, pray, imagine, dream, take responsebility, cook, clean, make friends, search for gods will in her life, plan her future somewhat
I'm sure your mom will love her! ! !
She might have a hard time letting you grow up and letting you go, but if you tell her, im sure she will be meeting and greeting a new daughter. . .
Pray for love that Jesus can fill in her heart, if her babys grown up and about to go fly and discover the world. . .
peeps
But the thing is Peeps is that she saids that the holy spirit told her to go and get these little baby bible stories for me. so what do you think about that?

What?
Well than she is either preparing the room already as a grandma. .. . for later purposes. . . or some other reason i cannot give you!
However. . . if she does continue to give and reason it with the holy spirit. . .say thank you and stash it for your kids someday. . . or hey:
Maybe God wants you to go in the mission field and you will be able to take all those along???
For kids who are in need of spiritual food? Toys. . .
Who knows, but the great I AM where you will spend your life. . .
Pray for your mom and her great love for you. . . that God will direct your path also, as strong as he lead your mother in showering you with these adorable gifts. . . for whatever purpose. ..
Keep updating us, love peeps :love:

Sounds like your mother may have a little trouble admitting her little girl is growing up. I should know. I am a single dad with two daughters (11 and 12). It is sometimes hard for us parents. Pray about it and maybe you can carefully tell your mom you would like some more mature things. Sounds like she really loves you!

God bless,
Jeff

Well... I'm a dad... but a dad who met Christ a long time ago. I grew up in a home where we said we believed in God, but it was more just a religious... even "cutesy" thing. My parents didn't understand that Jesus Christ is THE powerful Creator of the universe!! They just saw him more as the good moral teacher, or the "babe in the manger!" I think as you begin to really live out your faith by your actions and acts of love, it will give your mom a new perspective on real Christianity. Ask God for specific ways to show her His REAL love! For me, just reading the Bible and applying it to my life is the thing that helped me grow the most. God bless you sister!

I know as a parent, I often struggle with my children in trying to discern where they are spiritually. Some days, they blow me away and make me smile when they share a God moment with me, or through an action, do something kind from their heart, or I walk in on them unexpected and they are reading their Bible. Other times when they do something that makes me scratch my head and I have to remind them that they did something contrary to God! In reading the posts and thinking about your mother, I think that your actions can often speak louder then words. If your mother brought a frustration to you and you asked if you could pray with her, or you share a God moment with her, or maybe a verse from your Bible study. My point being that she will see spiritual growth in you and prayerfully she will understand that your growing in God every day! Hope that helps! God Bless <><