• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I don't have free will

You do have a free will. God gives us the ability to choose to listen to these voices. If it is the Holy Spirit talking to you He will never counterdict scripture. Read Matt 4:1-11. Pay close attention to how Jesus dealt with the devil. He always used scripture to answer him. Try to implement that in your life.

Last edited:
Staff Member
It's about Jesus:

Who by Him (you) do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1Peter 1:21

Jesus said...
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:27,28

Greetings Faithful Son,

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Be assured brother, that God is faithful, by whom you were called unto the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

I am reminded of something I read, I think it was here on Talk Jesus, a worthwhile few words for us all to keep in mind...
The next time the devil reminds you of your past,
Remind him of his future!

Dear brother, I know what you mean about free will. We are in His hands. At times we wonder about our place in the big picture. We can become unstuck there though, so I caution you and all others about getting overly caught up in your thoughts and ideas about just what God's plan for us is.
In Him we have peace when we acknowledge Him as Lord. To then try to know the ins and outs of His divine plan suceeds in us trying to be greater than Him, rather than stewards. Yes, He gives us His mighty Peace, but please understand that it is in our seeing Him unquestionably as Lord that we receive His peace, when our hearts and minds rest in trust in His Lordship, is faithfulness. Except ye become as children...as a child, I did not need to know why my dad decided this or that, I just lived under his wings, for good and/or for bad...it was knowing that he was my dad, there was no question or challenge. So it is with us, as we are God's children in Jesus Christ the Lord.
Ahh! The Lordship of Christ! From the beginning, the enemy that serpent, the devil, has been challenging it and confronting mankind with his lies, tempting us to doubt the honesty and integrity of our God. What did Solomon say? Nothing new under the sun.
To cap this off....whosoever BELIEVES is the principal issue of salvation.

You, my brother believe.
Pharaoh had his heart hardened, and others have had, too. But for you it is given that you believe. SO, you KNOW where you stand in Him. No more second guessing.

Now, as for the voices...
a voice is an expression of words.
Let us use words then. In fact, let us use one word. The Word...JESUS. In Him we have victory, we are more than conquerors, we are overcomers...and, we are one in Him. I think you are aware of the many Scriptures that declare everything we are in Him, and who He is and His almighty authority over everything, and also our authority in His name, JESUS.
Quite simply the very best offensive and defence you and all others have over the power of the wicked one is the Name of JESUS.
Dear Faithful Son, let this be your day of rest in JESUS name. You need no other word or words. JESUS. Repeat it until it is part of you...meaning continue uttering JESUS, breathe His name. You will find all His strength in His name.
Let me point out here that there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the Scriptures, and we can claim them without fear or hesitation.
I say to use just one word...JESUS, because I, too, have been in situations when the battle has raged and the many words have been too much to hold onto, when under heavy attack, but the name above all names, the everlasting Prince of peace, JESUS is never too much to hold tightly to, and there is power in His name. Scripture instructs us to do things in His name, not in the quoting of Scripture, so when in battle, we must do as the Lord says to do.
JESUS is our rock and fortress, our complete and honourable protector. It is His name that carries the victory....God ordained. The author and finisher of our faith.
SO, please remember this, my brother. We are praying for you, believing. You speak His name, believing. Just Jesus. Do not get into arguments with any voice, even if it sounds convincing and sweet. Your only reply and only thought is to be... Jesus. When times are quiet, remind yourself of all this wonderful name means. Read the Scriptures about Him. But do this to reinforce in you a determination and peace about trusting in His name.
In fact, for the time being, I suggest that you even ignore all you think might be God talking to you. I say this because I KNOW that God does not mind the name of His only begotten Son at all, in fact He delights in it.

Brother there have been times that I have been literally terrified and rendered powerless, and the only deliverance from terror and trouble was in the name of JESUS.

Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. The holy name of the Lamb of God...Jesus.

Our fellowship is with Jesus Christ our Lord.
Like a child, call upon His name in your day of trouble and He will deliver you...to the safety of His wings.

May you have total victory in the name of Jesus. (Talk JESUS)

Bless you,

Br. Bear

.............................................><>

dear brothers and sisters, let us claim victory for our brother. We have the authority and God has given us of His Spirit and according to the gift of the Holy Ghost, let us claim the shed blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ the Lord...amen.

"I am reminded of something I read, I think it was here on Talk Jesus, a worthwhile few words for us all to keep in mind...
The next time the devil reminds you of your past,
Remind him of his future!"

A hearty Amen, Bro Bear!!!

Hi brother Bear.

Thank you for your post and for the private messages.

Firstly, I've mentioned this before, I don't think I'm worthy of receiving your prayers, but I will ask for them non the less.

I was involved in another physical fight last night, at the same place. As it turns out, there must be written on my face, look for trouble with this guy.

I went to play a game pool with a friend and we had a few drinks, I actually had quite a few. We met a guy there and he was with a group of friends. I was sitting at the bar and the one guy rubbed and shoved his hand against me, I left it and he mocked me, I ignored it. There was a homosexual in the group and he kept looking at me.

Now, there is no other way to say this, so I'll say it straight. It wasn't me. I didn't do the fighting, I didn't do the drinking and I don't do the talking either.

The guy we met came to the bar and started talking to me, I asked him why he's talking with the homosexuals, he said let's step outside. When we came outside, he said that I said he's a homosexual, I defended myself and said I did not say that, he lifted his fist and hit me in the face. I hit him back (not me, but I hope you understand).

I gave him about 6 shots in the face and my friend broke us up and helped me. I'm not that scarred as 2 weeks ago, but my face is swollen and I've got pain all over.

Br. Bear. You sent me a private message with a link to a video. I downloaded it to my computer and I watched it, but I'm sorry to say, I can't relate at all.

The spirits with whom I deal with are real, they don't form part of witchcraft and I've never exposed myself to anything like that before. Let me start from the beginning to give you a clear picture.

4 years ago in 2003 I was living in this same house, in different circumstances, my parents were married and my two sisters and myself stayed together with my mom and dad, like a normal family. I had dropped out of school and I was supposed to finish schooling at home, which I never did.

Mid 2003 I had a revival within me, I had the urge to find God, because I knew I was lost. About September that year I was in a sorry state one evening, because my passed sins from my school days, which were sexual in nature were dragging me down. I remember a few months before I stated in plain language that I will rather burn in hell than stop committing those sins, well God proved me wrong.

That night, I went online and I typed "save me Jesus" into a search engine. I came across a website which had a short message on how to receive Jesus in your life. There was a prayer and I prayed it and I started sobbing and crying like I have never done in my entire life. I felt the power of Jesus as He came into my heart and I believed that He was there with me. I'm sitting in the same spot, albeit times have changed at this moment.

The first week was a lesson for my life, I remember that I was so prone to mistakes and I kept reminding myself not to sin, which is impossible if your life was a certain way, but I slowly and surely succeeded with the help of Jesus, then things changed.

This is where my mind took on the spiritual realm. I had thoughts in my mind, not a choice, but a command that I should open my Bible and read. I should've mentioned this before I got this far in the story, but previously after that night reading and saying that prayer I started living for God, but unnaturely. I got thoughts or commands as I call them and God showed me Job, how this is explainable, I can't say, but for about 5 times on different evenings, I opened my Bible and I opened it by chance on the exact same place in Job, where God said that I have sinned and He will punish me, something along those lines.

I feared God at that stage in my life. I remember a few nights later I was lying in bed and I opened my eyes, I looked at the foot of my bed and I saw a spirit, which I've mentioned on this forum as well. I was overcome with fear and I went and slept in the television room, with the tv on.

My life was different at this stage than anyone I've ever known. I remember I prayed constantly, asking God if I was allowed to have some cool drink, asking God if I was allowed to eat, asking God if I was allowed to go with my mom to town. Each time I got an answer, I got an answer by hearing certain sentences which related directly to my thought process on television, or, by receiving direct thoughts or "answers".

I can't remember the exact steps, but shortly afterwards, my life changed slightly, I got back into past activities and I started smoking marijuana. One evening I smoked it and I heard the most irritating sharp pitched voices in my head which made me want to scream. I went to the bathroom, looked into the mirror and I pulled at my hair. I saw a siluhette of Jesus in the mirror, which left me frightened as I could ever be.

I walked out and went to lie down on the couch. I think I was alone at home. As I watched television I was physically feeling very strange, and suddenly I heard "hello", "hello hello hello", those sharp pitched voices said hello, I felt at peace for some reason and I said hello back, after which felt like an eternity.

When I said hello, the voice became soft and clearer, which is the voices I speak with and live with today. The voice told me He was God and that everything will be okay. I've never found out what my mission is with God, why I was chosed or where I am headed, all I ever hear is everything will work out, everything will be okay.

About 2 days passed and I heard the voice audibly, loudly and clearly in my head, which is the most beautiful and serene and peaceful comforting voice I have ever heard. The voice told me that same day I was Jesus and as we stood on a small hill, everything changed around me and I heard a voice from the sky, "You are my son and I love you", that was a different voice.

I am telling a story, I am telling my experience. I may or may not be defying God, but I don't believe I am Jesus, I am way too wretched for that.

My life got harder and harder. I was involved in spiritual, mental battles, with scenarios created by this voice, I was tortured with excrutiating pain and headaches and cramps and boils and mosquito bites, scratched and beaten with my own hands.

The voice took it a step further and asked me one day, about 2 months prior it happening, "would you like to go to hospital?". I was and am a child, on the inside and mostly on the outside, I am a child, a small boy of merely 5-6 years old. I have always liked a hospital, mainly due to the fact that as a child I wanted to become a doctor. I was also in hospital quite a few times as I grew up, with diferrent illnesses, so I thought I would get sick or something.

2 months passed, the voice made it public to my friends and family that He was God the Father and the Holy Spirit and that His boy living inside Him is Jesus.

It wasn't as fluent and quiet and peaceful as it sounds, it was stay's in hospital. This happened in 2005. By May 2005 I was locked up in one of the biggest mental institutions in our country, locked in a cell, left to defecate on the floor. I yelled and no one came, I had no blanket and I had to sleep on a cold cement floor, next to my feces.

I told the doctors I was Jesus, as the voice filled my mind with commands and thoughts. If I say a command, it's not a command with a voice, it's a choice, mental choice, but I have no other choice to choose from. I can't choose not to do it, because it is part of who I am.

The voice said, don't tell them you are Jesus and I stopped. I was in a cell for 4 days and finally released to walk freely among the other patients. It was rough and boring like you can't imagine.

I was in mental hospital for 2 and a half weeks. I got out and here I am. Taking on the world with my friends and their prayers. If my God can hear me, open up the sky, come down from Heaven, reach out Your hand and deliver me!

Last edited:
Hello Faithful Son, I feel your pain and I am sorry you have gone through all this. But there is hope, so please don't give up.

The only thing that came to my mind, when reading your post, was for you to see a pastor. I feel you need to see an elder of the Church of Christ, and ask them to lay their hands upon you and pray over you for healing. You need to feel the holy spirit Faithful Son.

Some time back I was going through some spiritual attacks myself, I was going to this particular Church at the time. After the service, I just ran up to the pastors, and blurted out that I needed help. We spoke for a short while and he prayed over me, touching my head as he prayed. I felt the holy spirit come upon me immediately and felt at ease and at peace. It was so wonderful. That prayer really helped me get back on right track again.

I honestly think you need this kind of healing Faithful Son, from an elder.

Is there anyone near you, that can help and assist you?

In the meantime, I will keep you in my prayers, and speak to God for you.

Last edited:
Staff Member
Greetings Faithful Son,

first, I agree with (you) Word Of Life. The need for fellowship and prayer is vital. We need each other and you do need the power of God in Christ Jesus to come upon you and deliver you from the attacks you have been getting, Faithful Son.
You also need to tackle the issue of drinking and pot smoking. I do not care at all if you do or don't drink alcohol and smoke pot.....BUT for you I do care, and whether you agree or not, Faithful Son, you must make a decision to stay away from them both as they are doors that are open to a world of darkness that you are leaving open. I am not judging you or picking on you. I am not on your case about these things, but, I am telling you that if you seriously want to receive the help of God in Christ Jesus, you must be willing to forsake these things and realise that you may never partake in them again. God will do the healing, in Jesus name, but you must make the decision to want them out of your life. I am not saying for you to try to stop drinking or smoking pot and I know that both these things are sometimes beyond our strength and ability to defeat....AND I also know that they are nothing for God to deal with. Our part is to be willing, and to believe in God in The name of Jesus Christ the Lord.
Before you get any of this wrong, before you think I am telling you to stop your recreational habits, remember this....I am only telling you to make the decision to be willing to stop and to be delivered from any stronghold they MIGHT have on you, and there by releasing the full power of the Spirit of God in your life and the manifestation of the Spirit to heal you and deliver you to the glory of God.
From what YOU say, you have opened the door to a spiritual infestation while under the influence of mind altering substances. This is whether you believe it or not. I know first hand about this sort of thing and plenty of second hand too....so, my brother....and this is very serious IF you truely want help, you must take the step towards your healing.
God is not mocked....if we open doors to devils, they will and do come in and party. Being a Christian does not mean we can do whatever we want and get away with it. From what YOU say, you have given the spirits an open door. I do not condem or judge you, brother, I am merely saying it as it is.
This is another reason that fellowship is vital for you right now.

DO not fear though, for we are praying for you, and for your safety, and for full deliverance and healing and total restoration, in the name of Jesus.
AND, the Lord Himself is watching over every step you take and waiting for the opportunity to heal you according to His Word.

Brother , I have only covered a couple of points here. One step at a time.
Take a step, and listen to the advice of Word of Life.
Is there someone you can see, where you live. Let me know. If not, I will do everything I can to find someone for you.
We also pray that the Lord will send someone to minister to you on a one to one basis, and give you the personal support and love that you and all of us need, in order to grow in the Grace of God in His Body.

Just quickly, you said,

"The spirits with whom I deal with are real, they don't form part of witchcraft and I've never exposed myself to anything like that before"

yes, they are real. Witchcraft is not pointy hats and nonsense like that either. Rebellion is as witchcraft. And from what I read in what you wrote, you have exposed yourself. (And, the voices that Pete spoke of were real, and they were not different to the voices that are harrassing you....there is only good and bad.....darkness and light.)
Don't worry though....don't let guilt attack, and please don't deny it.
If I am building a house, and do the wrong thing, and someone tells me, it is not because I am bad, but because I made a mistake. God is not going to hammer you, but rather needs you to want what He has for you. Remember, a gift is not something that is forced upon us, but something we receive.

In the name of Jesus, receive His gift of healing.

Bless you,

Br. Bear

and keep talking JESUS.....eat, sleep, drink, breathe and utter Jesus.....><>

Thank you Br. Bear and sister Word of Life.

Br. Bear, there is so much to tell, in so little time and without the adequate words to say it.

My story on this page, where I told how it all happened may sound vague and the ending left you wondering. I have to praise God though and confess with all honesty that I have not smoked marijuana since 2005, that is almost two years.

I smoke cigarettes and I enjoy it, it gives me something to look forward to and I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 16 years old. I do agree with you however, I am willing to stop smoking.

Until two months ago, I rarely partook in alcohol usage. I did however meet up with an old friend in August and that's where it all went downhill.

I conformed to my supposed friend's standards and I started partying and abusing alcohol, he is a drug user as well and I don't take drugs either.

Concerning sister Word of Life's post and yours, I don't attend church, and the church I have attended a few times, I am not comfortable in it or with the Pastor.

I have to decline to accept your invitation to look for someone to minister to me, I don't think it's humanly possible where I live, people are way too conceded, living their own lives, with disregard for one another.

God bless
Much love
Faithful Son

Faithful Son, for some we are the only Bible that some people will ever see.

1Pe 2:21,22 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

Staff Member
Greetings Faithful Son,

..."I don't think it's humanly possible where I live..."

Brother, that's fair enough.
Let's go to where Jesus is.... with Him NOTHING is impossible!
Remember, He went to hell and back. He went to a very dark and unholy place to reach me. Is there anywhere on earth He cannot go, and therefore is there anywhere that He can't send a member of his body?

First, He can minister to you right where you are. From what I understand, He is already there...ministering to you, preparing you for the ministry of the manifestation of the gift of the Holy Ghost from the hand of a member of His body.
I know what it is like to feel disgruntled with the folks you see around you, and wonder how anyone could be of any help, but in His patience and love, He brought me to humility and I realised that I was no better...at all, and was in fact quite conceited, thinking less of others in the body than myself.
It was good medicine. When I could finaly see that God uses the most unlikely sorts to minister His grace, and that I was in need of His love from them, He was able to touch me and bring about His will in me.
I am glad for you that you see it is important to be willing to quit habits.
Now, my brother, apply this to your outlook of the church people around you.
Say...Lord, I am willing that you minister to me through the people of YOUR choice Lord, yes, I am willing for all You can do for me, Lord.

Ask yourself this..and this might sting a bit....are they in the same mess that you are in ? Do they suffer the same problem that is afflicting you?
I say this with no judgement at all my brother...I have had to ask the same sort of thing, and it broke me to realise my pathetic condition and my even more pathetic outlook, my self righteous judgement of others who didn't meet up to my expectations of what Christians should be. Christians are Christian because Christ loves them and they know it and believe it...not because they are superstars in every aspect of their lives.

There is much in the Bible about the lowliness of grace, the beauty in humility, the esteeming of the lowly and higher than ourselves. Lowly doesn't mean poor or afflicted. It is in meekness in relationship to the Almighty awesome fearful God who loves us and has in His power to cast us out of His presence but doesn't...because mercy rejoiceth over judgement. He is very merciful....I can vouch for that...and oh so patient and forgiving...He understands our frame, our end, our weakness...and loves us.

Now, I said first...He can minister to you where you are.
Second, If you are willing, there are willing men of God who will come to you to minister in Jesus name and He will send them to you when you are ready and willing.
I repeat my offer...I know you declined before, but in the light of what I have now explained to you, Faithful Son, I extend that offer...and will leave it open...you can email me or PM me any time.

For now, keep speaking his name...JESUS. Be willing that a member of His body share the love of God with you in Jesus name. Humble yourself before God and man. I do not recommend anything I am not willing to do myself and like I said, I have been down this road and fully understand that to do what I say to do is easier said than done...but, it is vital to our healing. Humility is one of the most foreign things to a man.

Can I ask you one thing, brother?
If I was the one coming to you with the situation you have in your life, tell me what you would recommend to me as a believer. Now take out all the things you have already 'tried' and see if you still have something to offer.
My advice comes to you with love from a person that has been broken by his own stubborness to accept Christ's love from the people He has placed him amongst. He has also revealed His power through the weak, because in fact, they were made strong by Him...not my opinion of them.

May His joy be yours brother as you seek Him everyday.

Jesus...Jesus ...Jesus
yes, Jesus....Jesus...Jesus....Jesus...

Bless you,

Br. Bear.........><>

Br. Bear and anyone who cares, please keep me in your prayers.

Br. Bear, a lady, a woman who people call a prophet and a true Christian, prayed over me, touching my head, right after I got released from hospital, she made me say the sinners prayer, but the spirits (God) said it, as I was too weak, I couldn't even do anything.

I was baptized that same day.

I won't go into details, but the sin got out of hand last night, I don't know if Jesus is talking to me, I called His name, someone answered, but if I call it's quiet.

I don't know what to do, prayer from you is my only escape, I don't believe church members or elders will be able to help, many of what I typed here in this thread, wasn't even me.

Hello Faithful Son,

1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

I know you know the Word, as I have seen it, in your posts, so you know exactly what the above scripture means and what it’s telling you.

You ministered to me recently, saying, and giving me advice about walking away and repenting. So I am going to tell you, exactly the same today. "You need to walk away". What’s plus/minus 80 years to a life-time in eternity, there is just no comparison, is there?

God gives us choices, He doesn’t force us. But it’s up to us, whether we want to follow and listen to the right voice. We can listen to “the Shepherd’s” voice or we can follow the wrong voice and listen to the “the devil’s” voice and his demons. It’s entirely up to us, as He has given us that choice.

God will forgive you, but you need to turn away and repent and walk away from the devil’s traps, and fight back with the Word. Don’t open any unwanted doors, or any unclean areas, so the devil can sneak upon you and lure you into his lair, to entice you to eat from his table.

There are days, I do to, have trouble hearing the correct voice "the Shepherd's". You are not alone in this, but don't give up. Persevere and fight back with the Word, the devil hates it. You are in a battle field. Imagine yourself in a big open space with 1000 or so enemies on either side of you, back and front, with no way to escape or so it seems. The place is noisy, shots are firing in all directions and you hear all sorts of commands and instructions, flying back and forth (temptations) and you are not sure which command to take or which way to go. Well Moses was in a similar kind battle field for 40 years, he didn't give up. He persevered, and fought back, even when his own people rebelled and turned away and started worshipping other gods. He didn't give up, he put all his trust in God to deliver him and his people. And God delivered them, and took them to the promised land.

God will do the same to you, if you put your full trust in Him, and fight the enemey with the Word.

What happened last night is between you and God, but if you want deliverance from this bondage, one has to close and slam that door completely shut in the devils face and tell him where to go, and do not enter or go near that door again.

Faithful son, I do say the above with love.

Also, I have a book on Spiritual Battles (Mary Baxter), if you would like to read it, please let me know, and I will send it to you. It helped me. It's wise to know your enemy and how to fight the spiritual battles, we face. Or any other book for that matter, I will help you with.

Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Take care and God bless and I will also pray for you.

hi

i dont know what to say or how to start, especially because i'm new here..
from a newie's point of view i really can't completely comprehend everything u have testified, even so i believe that God is good all the time and vice versa.. so y wud he take away from you your own free will?? even when his son Jesus came to be a sacrifice He (Jesus) still had His free will. His father did not take it away from Him even if what He had to go through was SO HARD there's a possibility he might back out along the way. if what you hear is indeed Jesus' voice, why would he control you? are you suppose to do sumthing more dreadful than what he already did for us. i'm a newly registered nurse but above that i'm also a believer and a children of God. i suggest you consult and elder (to us catholics it would be a priest.. they'd still be happy to help you though, even if you're not catholic just go to a church) and dont settle for 1 opinion.. ask another authority as much as you have to. and if that doesnt help consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist... just to have a picture of the other side..
sorry for answering your questions with a batch of questions also.. i hope my reply was worth reading.. i'll pray for you. Godspeed and take care.

hi

i dont know what to say or how to start, especially because i'm new here..
from a newie's point of view i really can't completely comprehend everything u have testified, even so i believe that God is good all the time and vice versa.. so y wud he take away from you your own free will?? even when his son Jesus came to be a sacrifice He (Jesus) still had His free will. His father did not take it away from Him even if what He had to go through was SO HARD there's a possibility he might back out along the way. if what you hear is indeed Jesus' voice, why would he control you? are you suppose to do sumthing more dreadful than what he already did for us. i'm a newly registered nurse but above that i'm also a believer and a children of God. i suggest you consult and elder (to us catholics it would be a priest.. they'd still be happy to help you though, even if you're not catholic just go to a church) and dont settle for 1 opinion.. ask another authority as much as you have to. and if that doesnt help consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist... just to have a picture of the other side..
sorry for answering your questions with a batch of questions also.. i hope my reply was worth reading.. i'll pray for you. Godspeed and take care.

p.s. try asking to God all the questions you have in mind.. what i know is that He doesnt mind it, like with what abraham did when He's about to destroy sodom..

Is there any other way to say it, exept to say the choice is not mine?

Why, when I gave my life to God, would He give this to me? I have trouble saying that, because I hate questioning God and I'm definitely not on a trip to get attention, or to hate Him for it.

It's as plain as I say it, I have no choice, my hands, feet, mouth, bodily fluids and everything which makes me human is being controlled.

Honestly, all I ask for is prayer. A psyciatrist or doctor could never help me, nor could I, the power of Jesus will.

Kat

Hope this helps

Hi, Faithful,

I hope this is helpful. I am a christian and I know there are demons around and all that. At the same time, I am also working in the helping profession, particularly in a mental health setting. There is a condition schizophrenia, and it's different from demonic possession. People with this condition hear voices, have delusions, hallucinations and to them it is real. So I know from my experience working with these people that what you hear are real voices to you. This condition can be cured with medicine. You need to see a psychaitrist, and you need to continue taking the medicine. I've seen people PHD level, and falthful christians getting it. So this is a condition that can hit anybody. When you take the medicine, your life can continue normally. And you need to learn to ignore these voices. Treat it as if it is nonexistent.

Of course, the other reason could be those demonic stuffs. But demons are afraid of God. They cannot do anything when God is around, especially to children of God. There's a difference between demonic possession and schizophenia. If you have not been playing with dirty things, I shouldn't think it to be demons. Unlikely.

I'm new to this site but from the responses, I believe you have been a blessing to many. I don't know where you stay, but do try and talk to a psychaitrist if possible. I care for you and pray for your health.

God bless!

Kat

Kat, if you read this thread, you will see that I was in a mental institution for 2 and a half weeks.

Let's be honest about this, you work in the mental health arena, I am a patient.

Would it be beneficial to me, as a young man, studying, trying to get his life together, to tell my doctor (s) that I am still hearing these voices?

NO! It would not, sorry for my tone and the way I sound, but it's impossible. I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, brother Chad knows it and so do most of the moderators. Does that make me a scizhophrenic? I believe not.

One day, when Jesus comes to this world, on the clouds, He will call my name and call me to Him and say to me, I have come for you, because somehow, someway, I was able to say all this to you, should I be even more honest? Can a spirit type? Can a spirit live the life of a young man? To the last detail it is possible.

I don't have split mind, I don't believe in satan, I believe in Jesus. Therefore, these things, which I am a part of, have a hold of me. Medicine is futile, I drink it every evening, to sedate me, because then I am able to sleep.

Enough, pray for me, or don't.

Kat

Dear Faithful Son,

Sorry, I just read the detailed one where you described your experiences. I have a brother in Christ who faces the exact same thing as you. He called me one day to tell me that he is Jesus. When he stopped medication, he went out and steal and ended up in Jail. He even took off his clothes publicly. And all these are NOT HIS CHOICE either. Just to tell you that you are not the only one facing this. You got to be strong. I'll be praying for you.

I read through. You must try to differentiate the voices. The things from God and not from God are quite obvious. Quoted from your passage:

"I got thoughts or commands as I call them and God showed me Job, how this is explainable, I can't say, but for about 5 times on different evenings, I opened my Bible and I opened it by chance on the exact same place in Job, where God said that I have sinned and He will punish me, something along those lines."

Brother, throughout Job, God allow Satan to do those things to Job because God is confident that Job will remain faithful. At the end of it, God praises Job and reprimand Job's friends who didn't believe in Job and accused him of sinning against God. When you accept Christ, God has washed away ALL your sins. He will not punish you. All is forgiven, Past sins, present sins, future sins. All taken away. You are clean. The old is gone and everything is new.

From you:
"The voice told me that same day I was Jesus and as we stood on a small hill, everything changed around me and I heard a voice from the sky, "You are my son and I love you", that was a different voice."

It's important to differentiate God's voice and the other voice. What are the things God will say? You said the 2 voices are different. The first and the second. God wouldn't say the 1st sentence. But He would say the 2nd. Words and voice that conflict with the bible is definately not from God.

I believe you know all these. And I know you are struggling. And I know it is difficult. Let's just start working from here. You need to take charge of these voices and not let them control you. Have you ever had experiences where these voices are less frequent? What happened then? What were you doing? Try different ways and keep doing the things that minimise the voices. Does ignoring the voices help? Does worshipping and singing worship songs help? Does praying to God help? If so, do these frequently to fight the voices.

You can do it. Especially because you are God's precious son, and nothing is impossible in God. All things work for the good of those who love Him. And I know you love Him. Have faith brother, all these happen for a reason. Maybe after all the struggles, you have a purpose to help those in the same struggle as what you are facing now.

When you accepted Christ, all the angels in heaven are rejoicing over your salvation. At the same time, the devil is working hard to break us away from God.

Take care brother. You are not alone in this. It's difficult, but there is hope and with God, we shall not fear anything. If God is for us, who can be against us! Romans 8:31

I pray that you will be set free from the voices.

Luv,
Kat

Kat

Faithful,

By the way, your condition has nothing to do with split mind or spirit or what. And you know it coz you said it yourself. You are a whole person, God's wonderful creation. It's just a condition, like if you have flu, you got to do take medicine to get well, or if you have cancer, you need to go through chemotherapy. The society by large don't understand this condition one bit so what they perceive can be unfair. It is, however, more common than you, or most people, think it is.

I'm trying to help from what I understand of the situation. If it is not helpful, please do let me know too.

Thanks for reading.

Take care,
Kat

He sits and watches, unable to think, unable to perceive. He looks and waits, to say, daddy I am thirsty, daddy I want to shower, daddy I want to brush my teeth.

Movement is impossible, looking from one place to the other is impossible, overpowered and totally at the mercy of chance and what may come, that is his life.

He can't pray, he can't call for help, he can't digest or calculate. That is his life.

Some day, some way, it will all be better, for now, we'll see.

Thanks for the message Kat. I've done some bad things, like your friend. I know it wasn't me. I'm taking medication and I've been prayed for and touched while praying, it hasn't helped.

If enough people pray for me, this may stop, for now, I'll be a Faithful son.