• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I could use your help

Active
Hi Brighthouse98. We are only a few years apart in age and I've forgotten more than some young people have learned. You're right, the times are different than when we were kids. But in some ways, they haven't changed. There have always been people with bad attitudes doing crazy things and will always be. Trying to make sense of it can become frustrating and/or disheartening.

Pointing out that those disciples who had spent three years in training coming unglued is a good point as like us, they were only human with no more insight to the future than we.

Sometimes I admire my cat for she will not be accountable to anyone when she is gone. I have days when preaching the name of Jesus is paramount, but I have too many days when I just feel like giving up. I've had a number of occasions responding to people on YouTube when I can't rally a response because I can't remember nor find the Scripture to do so. My church is pushing an LGTBQ agenda. I get everyone needs Jesus, but I do not see how one can scripturally support their agenda. I wish them no ill will. Partly because of that, I've stopped attending it. The other reason is self-doubt. Things I loved doing are either ignored or never finished. I still financially support the church and will check out online services. I wish you all the best helping others dealing with the loss of their loved ones. My wife who was my best friend, passed away nearly six years ago. We had a lot of fun working on projects together even if we didn't always agree on how. Cheers.

Active
You know Shutterbug, lol you strike me as a most interesting character I think it would be cool meeting you. Yes, I agree with you seeking another Body of Christ. Now about self-doubt, yes indeed brother I really believe this is all of our so-called thorn in the flesh temptations! Notice I said temptation. This temptation is the devil's cornerstone!!!

DOUBT of any kind! But what if!!! My personal favorite! LOL SO!! Here was my problem as well, mostly about did I really hear from Holy Spirit or was that just me???? Inside very softly I hear, SON, faith acts upon belief, and if that belief was wrong, you did not fail, rather my SON you learned!! BROTHER what a comfort this was for me!!!

We are going to make mistakes, I have sure made mine over the years, but we cannot focus upon errors, but rather remembering our victors through our Jesus! That is thankfully how Jesus looks at us, because if did not Bro, he would have no peace!! At least not with me!! LOL (Phil 4:7-9) So hope this gives a bit of aid Brother, again thank you for your comments as well!

Active
Hi Brighthouse 98. My wife would occasionally say I have my moments and it's something I still say. I also say "I don't need help getting into trouble. I can do that very well all by myself". I've traveled a lot of miles and met a number of people along the way. One thing I've learned is some will like you, some will not. I have also learned that people are people regardless of where they live who want to play with their children and grandchildren.

The thought that occasionally goes through my mind is "Give me your heart. I will do the rest". In that regard, I tend to be my own worst enemy. It isn't my intent to stop people from seeking Jesus. Thank you for your kindness. Great verses to live by. Have a great day. Cheers.

Staff Member
@Shutterbug

Greetings Brother,

gong to be praying for you....

and asking a few others to join with us

keep the faith

Jesus is Lord

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings,

thought you all might be encouraged with the reading for today from Daily Light

June 2

Morning

Thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, and ye shall eat it in haste; it is the Lord's passover. Exodus 12:11

Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest. Micah 2:10

Here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. Hebrews 13:14

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. Hebrews 4:9

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching. Luke 12:35-37

Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. I Peter 1:13

This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind.... I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded. Philippians 3:13-15

Evening

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup. Psalm 16:5

Heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:17

All things are yours. I Corinthians 3:21

My beloved is mine. Song of Songs 2:16

The Son of God ... loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

The LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel. Numbers 18:20

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:25-26

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. II Timothy 1:12

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land. Psalm 63:1

find Daily Light here:

Praise the LORD

Bless you ....><>

Active
Tomorrow, I have to talk with one of the parents who lost their child in Texas recently, I am of course in prayer about this because the questions he asked me on the phone was quite alarming. Question number 1 His wife stated to him that if God is in control, he is doing a very poor job of it!! And she is thinking about leaving her church. Number 2 this from the dad of the 10-year-old boy, If Jesus loves his children, how is it that he allowed my boy and others to be killed by a demon possessed person?? Scripture, as well as comments would be appreciated.

Tell them both, God Himself had to see His Son Jesus suffer and die at the hands of evil men. What they went through as parents, God Himself went through as a Father.

Why then do they blame God? If God raised His Son from death, their children who died will also be raised from the dead.

Active
Understand your point Godbehonored, at that time their problem was this. If God loves his children, then how can he allow any death to those he says he loves? Especially since he lost his own Son! He got his Son back, where is mine?? That was their point at that time.

Active
Understand your point Godbehonored, at that time their problem was this. If God loves his children, then how can he allow any death to those he says he loves? Especially since he lost his own Son! He got his Son back, where is mine?? That was their point at that time.

God allows death because God can bring back the dead. A human cannot allow death to their child because a human cannot bring back the dead. If God cannot bring back the dead He will never allow anyone to die.

Children are God’s gift to teach parents selfless love, ultimately they belong to God, not to any individual parent. Besides, it is better for a child to be brought to heaven than live in a sinful world and be corrupted.

Active
(Matt 28:18) The translation to this scripture to me is most interesting, in the King James it says IN earth, other translations say ON earth, there is to me a large difference between IN and ON. Ever had children GodbeHonored?? And I was asked this question as well, I wonder how you would answer this?

Even in Strong's Greek translation this is not fully explained to many! Death comes because of all's Born's sin nature, the wage of sin is death (Romans 6:23) I can agree to your point stated that children are God's gift, and since that is correct, why would the Lord be an Indian giver?

That would be like me asking my earthy dad for a chocolate bar, and he gives me half of one, that is not what I wanted, and Jesus said (Luke 11:10-13) You make it sound that it was easy to answer these questions GodbeHonored it was far from easy at least for me bro!! When my parents lost my 3 year old brother to cancer it gutted my earthly dad forever! I just do not believe you get it.

Active
(Matt 28:18) The translation to this scripture to me is most interesting, in the King James it says IN earth, other translations say ON earth, there is to me a large difference between IN and ON. Ever had children GodbeHonored?? And I was asked this question as well, I wonder how you would answer this?

Even in Strong's Greek translation this is not fully explained to many! Death comes because of all's Born's sin nature, the wage of sin is death (Romans 6:23) I can agree to your point stated that children are God's gift, and since that is correct, why would the Lord be an Indian giver?

That would be like me asking my earthy dad for a chocolate bar, and he gives me half of one, that is not what I wanted, and Jesus said (Luke 11:10-13) You make it sound that it was easy to answer these questions GodbeHonored it was far from easy at least for me bro!! When my parents lost my 3 year old brother to cancer it gutted my earthly dad forever! I just do not believe you get it.

The Bible has been deliberately altered supernaturally under the Mandela effect, this originates from evil. Do a YT search on Bible Mandela effect, there are more than one places where the Bible is deliberately altered to support cannibalism, homosexuality etc. The original scripture of Matt 28:18 should have been ON earth.

Not all physical deaths are caused by sin. Look at the book of Job, he lost many children when he was tested of his faith. If you acknowledge that children are God’s gift, you also need to acknowledge you have no ownership over your children and God can take them away whenever He wants. Otherwise you don’t really acknowledge that children are gifts, you still see children as your property and therefore you feel that God robbed you. God does take away things and even children away from people to reveal to them the state of their faith. Job’s response is the epitome of true faith when his children died: “The Lord has given, the Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord.” “Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?”

Active

Radical love and faith in God is what Job demonstrates. he was willing to accept ANYTHING from God, even evil just like how you would accept anything from your beloved woman. Job accepts what God takes away also because he knows God’s character as good and that his children are owned by God not him.

His response showed to Satan that his faith and love for God is REAL. He did not love God just for what God has given. Loving God ONLY when He gives good things, is however the state of faith of MOST Christians today. They think God is a genie and only here to give them gifts and blessings. So once God takes something away from them they stop loving God and instead blame Him. Their response shows that they think God owes them a good life. How real is their faith and love for God then?

Btw, I am a sister.

Active

If you still don’t understand. Think in the position of a husband. If your wife ONLY loves you when you give her a good life, do you think she REALLY loves you? No, she is just using you for what you can give her. The same applies to Christians who stop loving God once the going gets tough. Their faith is superficial, they don’t really love God. They only love the things God has given to them. This is the harsh reality.

That said I am not saying losing a child is not a painful thing. Which is why I brought up the fact that even God has to lose His Son to physical death in order to save the world. If anything, a person with real faith and love for God will grieve but see that they are just sharing God’s own experience. They are sharing God’s pain.