• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I am a Muslim and I want to learn about Christianity..

May God's blessings and peace be upon all of you!!
And May God guide us all to the straight path that leads to Him.

My Brothers and Sisters in Humanity!!

I am here among you with the soul intention to learn about Christianity and to remove my doubts. I don't like any debating but a healthy understanding. Where I can learn about Christianity without any offense.
I respect you all and I hope you will be nice to me in learning about christianity and the message.

"...And nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say: 'We are Christians': because among these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world. And they are not arrogant." (The Holy Quran 5:82)

Hello Hopeful, and welcome,

You can certainly learn about Christianity here at Talk Jesus, although there are probably several books that would do the job better. Please remember that we are all human, and sometimes our flesh gets the best of us. We are not perfect, just forgiven.

I would start in the "Bible answers" or "Bible online chat" topics and ask questions. Also remember that as Christians we are not hoping that you merely learn about Christianity, but that you come to have a personal relationship with and know Jesus Christ the messiah.

That being said, we are not participating in a crusade as they did in the 14th century. We are not into 'forced conversion' we know that you can not be forced into a relationship with anyone. Jesus started the greatest revolution in the history of the world and he did it with love and mercy, not anger and fighting.

Understand that we here at Talk Jesus have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We love him with all our hearts, minds, and thoughts. Our relationship with him is just as real as our relationships with our earthly parents, brothers, sisters and spouses. If you want to see us angry, just insult his name. It would not be tolerated here at Talk Jesus. Just as you would not tolerate anyone launching a personal attack on your family in your home, we will not tolerate such in our home. You will be banned.

We welcome you with open arms. We love you as a brother or sister. We feel that you are in need of Jesus. We hope that you will see his love in us, and know that he is the only way into heaven as the Holy Bible says. You are a child of God, just as we are, and you will be treated as I treat my own brother who is not saved. Meaning, I will love you, and do everything I can to lead you to a personal relationship with Jesus.

Imagine...
You are in court for several traffic violations that you didn't even know you committed. You were caught on camera speeding thru school zones and making illegal lane changes. Your fine is $10,000. You tell the judge that you are very sorry and he believes you, however he is bound by the law, and he can not let you go until your fine is paid. Just then a perfect stranger comes in and writes a check for $10,000 to pay your fine. All you need to do is eccept it. Would you? That's what God has done for us. He will judge you and he will use HIS law to do so. (Go thru the 10 commandments, have you EVER broken even 1?) He knows that there is nothing that you can DO to pay your fine. So he sent his Son Jesus to pay for your and all sins. Now it is up to you to eccept his death on the cross and resurrection as payment in full for your sins.
May God bless you, and his spirit guide you,
Nigh

Last edited:
Hello Hopeful welcome to talk Jesus ! I will always talk with respect to you and pray the same will be given :) Talk Jesus is a wonderful place to learn and please ask questions ! I as well as others will try to help you ! Joyfully ~ Jlu

I am very thankful to you all for your love and kindness.
And I am very glad to see the love for Jesus(peace be upon him) in you all but it would be more of pleasure for me that we all start following the message which he brought for us( all of His commandments).
The message, for which he beared hardships. Surely, His objective/mission must be of greater importance for which Jesus sacrificed all of His comforts.
May God let me learn them and follow them. Ameen!

I know alot about Jesus through Islam. Its a part of my believe to have faith in Him. Jesus(peace be upon him) is one of the most pious and holy prophets of Islam. And His mother, Marry is said to be the Best of God's creations in Quran. I believe in all His miracles, His birth without a male intervention and in Him as Messiah.

So, its the least thing that I can imagine to say a word of disrespect in the grace of Jesus(peace be upon him). Therefore, you really don't have to worry about that.
I will always be respectful to Him inshallah.

hi hopeful . . .Welcome to TalkJesus :love:

What are your questions??

then we can start talking about Jesus :love:

can we help any?

@ Nigh

Thank you for your nice respond.
But I came up with few confusions regarding the example you quoted.
If the Judge dealing my case and the person who helped me were relatives together. Plus if they both were also the law givers( The God). Then this makes that they are merely exchanging money($ 10,000) among themselves. Sorry, if I couldn't explain my point well. But I hope you got the idea of my confusion?!
So, I don't think it to be a very good example.
But if you can explain me better?!! It would be nice.

Thanks..
your brother

Eve

Welcome to TJ,

May you find the answers you are looking for. This site has been a Godsend for me to affirm my faith. My belief in the Holy Trinity has definitely become more focused since I was led to TJ. Although, I am a little apprehensive in talking to you, I pray that I will overcome this and we will become better acquainted in the forums.

God Bless

Nigh said:
Imagine...
You are in court for several traffic violations that you didn't even know you committed. You were caught on camera speeding thru school zones and making illegal lane changes. Your fine is $10,000. You tell the judge that you are very sorry and he believes you, however he is bound by the law, and he can not let you go until your fine is paid. Just then a perfect stranger comes in and writes a check for $10,000 to pay your fine. All you need to do is eccept it. Would you? That's what God has done for us. He will judge you and he will use HIS law to do so. (Go thru the 10 commandments, have you EVER broken even 1?) He knows that there is nothing that you can DO to pay your fine. So he sent his Son Jesus to pay for your and all sins. Now it is up to you to eccept his death on the cross and resurrection as payment in full for your sins.
May God bless you, and his spirit guide you,
Nigh

hi NIGH . . .ever heard of EE :shade:

I love your example . ..

ok one more time hopeful...

say God-sin-Jesus-death-forgiveness-your eternal gift . ..ok?

lets go to the sin subject before God as a human being . . .

say your sin would be a traffic violation!

and you would only sin 3 times a day . . .run red light. . .dont stop at a Stop sign . . .speed!

lets see it as a sin factor 3 times a day . . .do something your not supposed to do (lying) . . .dont do something your supposed to do (love your enemies) . . .and then some other one . . .lets say. . .steal or cheat . . .anything . ..

ok lets see:

3 times a day (happens quick) times 7 days in a week = 21

20 times 4 weeks in a month = about 80

80 times 12 month in a year = about 10.000 per year . ..

lets say you live an average from about 70 years old. . .

= about 70.000 sins per life time. . .

hmm in traffic violations. . .you would have to stand before a judge to answer for that one. . .you probably would be having a room under the jail building. . .right?

ok . . well lets see with God. . .

He is Holy *no sin allowed in His presence BUT
He is Just *loves His creation and has mercy on us

so in order for our sins to be paid . . .He send His son JESUS to come and live among us . . .for Jesus to talk to us and tell us about His heavenly Father in Heaven. . .

Jesus went all the way. . .with all passion in His heart for us :love: He obeyed God and followed through with the only way there was to set sinners free before God:

Jesus himself, innocent Son of God, took all sins to that cross while dying for us and sheding His blood for us :love:

with this sacrifice . . this cross . .Jesus laid the bridge between sinner and God!

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" John 14:6

..."that if you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and you believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved" Romans 10:9

For God so loved the world, that He send His only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life :love: John 3:16

God bless your heart, hopeful and speak to your mind :love:

May peace be upon you all !!
Thanks for your reply.. But I will ask questions in a new post bcuz I want to grow my posts numbers to 25 so that I can be able to use the chat room.. Sorry! if that not a nice way..
But I am not much comfortable in question/answering in posts. I love to chat, bcuz that helps more in understanding.
I hope u don't mind that..
Take care and live a blessed life in guidance !

hi hopeful I dont mind that. . .but your post will increase everytime you post you see

so even if this is the only THREAD you openend . . .you still replied 10 times already . . . so just keep coming back and post . . .its really a lotta fun . . .and more ppl can help you this way than maybe one person in Live-Chat

You do want to learn, correct?

God bless you :love:

Thanks peeps.. I didn't know that before.
But however I have asked my question with a new thread named " question".
Hope to see you there with nice answers for me.
Thanks for all the help and love!
May God bless us all and guide us to the straight path and make us among the righteous people. Ameen!

Hopeful...I love your screen name...HOPEFUL you sound very hopeful for finding out the true answers about our Savior...continue to visit us here on TJ and go online for more Christian information...GOD BLESS YOU AND WE LOVE YOU

What Makes Jesus The Son Of The Most High God ?
Before Lord Jesus was born, Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary to speak about His birth and told her like this, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the holy child to be born will be called the Son of God.” Mathew;1:35
When Jesus came to be baptized by John the Baptist in Jordan, heaven opened and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove came down and stayed on Jesus and a voice was heard from heaven, ”This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased”Mark;1:10,11
Lord Jesus did not pop up like any other religious or political leader.The world was waiting for him.When his star appeard in the sky wise men came from the east looking for the newborn king of Israel.They knew this was extra ordinary child.Many kings and prophets spoke about his coming and they wanted his coming happen in their days.When His disciples met Him for the first time they said,,” We have found him,of whom Moses in the law,and the prophets, wrote." John;1:45 Abraham rejoiced that he would see his day and he saw it and was glad.Moses wrote about him.David called him Lord. Isaiah saw his glory.John the baptist saw him and testified publicly that Jesus was the Son of God.
While Lord Jesus was ministering in Jerusalem once he spoke like this,” For whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in the same way.”John;5:19
No other man coul ever make a claim like this.Lord Jesus said that he can do all things the Father[God] does No prophet, not even Moses or Elijah could ever say something like this.This makes Jesus equal with God.To read about some of the miracles Jesus performed,click here
{edit by Jesuslovesu :reason no links without permission}The Koran says Jesus is the Ruh or the Spirit of God.That makes him one with God. A man’s spirit is not something apart from him.The spirit of a man is that man himself.Just like that God’s Spirit is one with Him.Lord Jesus said,”I and the Father are One.”John;10
Jesus spoke these words about Himself, ”God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.”John;3:17
Claiming to be the Son of God was the only reason the Jews found to hand Jesus over to Pilate. After Jesus was arrested The High Priest before the council asked him,
“Are You then the Son of God?" So He said to them, "You rightly say that I am." Luke;22:70
When the Jews brought Jesus before the governor they accused him saying, "We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He made Himself the Son of God." John;19:7
And Jesus did not deny the charge.
Witnessing the earthquake and the darkness and all that happened at the time of the crucifixion, the Roman centurion said,”This was truly the Son of God.” Luke;23:47
And finally, Jesus Christ came out of the tomb [The only tomb in history which was sealed by the Roman government and guarded by soldiers] and said, ”I have the keys of Death and Hades.”
Jesus Christ is the only Person who ever declared what he would do after His death.Just as he said he would Jesus died and rose again on the third day.He went to heaven and sat down at the throne of God and sent the Holy Spirit as he had promised his disciples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvation is about many things
1. payment of the sins of the world
being the lamb of God
2. A sacrifice for sins as the passover sacrifice
3. An example in terms of the steadfastness of righteousness unto death
4. Fulfillment of old testament prophecy
5. love that draws all men to God (agape)
6. The plans of the devil and man who opposed him.
this r just a few including perfectness of faith that is willing to die for true faith. if u study the cross which is the meaning to salvation u will know it carries more meaning than the washing away of the sins of the world thus Gods plan as always been ultimate in its results so as to draw all men towards him. This is the wisdom of God.
If one man dies for the truth he gathers others toward his truth what some more a divine man who sacrificed himself for the love of God and men and the love n benefit of truth. When human realise the truth of such sacrifice it move them strong in faith and there also put right with God eventhough they r sinners because he has paid for our sins by his gracious blood so much so we r accountable when we reject him.:shade:study the writings of salvation