• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Humble request...

Guys and girls, brothers and sisters, thank you for your time.

With all the formalities out of the way, I want to ask you guys to please pray for me. I ask that if God speaks to you through His Holy Spirit that you would be obedient and do as He says. I believe that in some way it is no accident that I came to this site and therefore I also believe that there is someone here with the answer or answers I need. I love God and believe that Jesus is the Christ and that only through Him do we get to the Father. I need to find my purpose (I have read the purpose driven life) and my goal here on earth. I have a strong faith and almost gave up completely but God was true to His Word and I have been pulled back. When you pray may I ask that you pray for me, I know it’s selfish of me and I wouldn’t normally ask it of you. I believe in miracles and that God works in wondrous ways to reveal His purpose and will for our lives and therefore somewhere God will tell someone to come to me in any form and reveal certain things to me, someone that doesn’t know me…I have had people come to me who don’t know me and they say God told them the following and then they are speaking from themselves and not God. Now I believe there are godly people here that are able to help. Please, I only want to do God’s will and help His Kingdom grow. Either post it here or (pm) me. I have had a lot of prophecies spoken out over my life and I have gone through a schooling period wherein I have stumbled, but got back up and learned and have grown numerous times. Therefore I’m basically waiting on confirmation.

I don’t want to waste my time anymore.
GOD BLESS YOU for your time and prayers!

JESUS’ Love!
:love:

Brother it is never selfish to ask for prayer, this is what we are supposed to do, and certainly we will pray for you. However, I have would like to address your request. You seek some confimation from others of what God will and purpose is for you personally, and this is not wise. It is a sure way to get tangled up in spiritual confusion. All kinds of well meaning people will gladly try to use their 'gift' to prophecy over you, and may have you going in every direction but the right one.
Our one singular focus as Christians must be only to seek Christ. The "purpose driven life" is not a book I recommend, but I do highly recommend study of the Word :)
The answer you seek is found here;
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Seek Christ, and Him alone, and in Him you will find the answers you need for your future.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Great advice and counsel Coconut. DrInGeNd, we can pray for God to make His plan and purpose for you, plain and clear. When we hear what God has to say directly it is difficult for satan to deceive us. Just like in the Beginning with Adam and Eve, God spoke to Adam about what they could and could not eat, But Eve had hearsay to go on.

Genesis 2:15-18
15*The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and care for it. 16*But the Lord God gave him this warning: “You may freely eat any fruit in the garden 17*except fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat of its fruit, you will surely die.”
18*And the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone.
Genesis3:1-5
1*Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the Lord God had made. “Really?” he asked the woman. “Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?”
2*“Of course we may eat it,” the woman told him. 3*“It’s only the fruit from the tree at the center of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God says we must not eat it or even touch it, or we will die.”
4*“You won’t die!” the serpent hissed. 5*“God knows that your eyes will be opened when you eat it. You will become just like God, knowing everything, both good and evil.”

So hopefully you can see the importance of hearing from God directly. Seek the Lord with all your heart.

DrInGeNd, you say you have been prophesied over many times. There comes a time when we have to stop depending on these prophecies and listen to God for ourselves and believing what he tells us. I am not knocking the prophecies or prophet in any way, but when God has spoken we cannot keep asking Him for confirmation of what's been said, it's like saying OK God you've spoken, but I don't believe it yet. Coconut and jiggyfly have given you good advice with scriptures, prayerfully consider what they have said. :love:

Dear Brother,
I agree with the above 3 posts. If you are a new creature (Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new), then you are raised up with Christ and seated with him in the heavenlies (and has raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.) This is so, that we might seek our life which is hid in Christ there, and by recieving it from him personaly, bring praise and honor to his name (If ye, then, be raised up with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.) All the things in your life right now have a relation to his throne, as you boldly go there to recieve grace to help in time of need, you will be faithfull in them. These victories will lead to the other good works God has appointed you unto. He who is faithfull in little, will be faithfull in much. The purpose driven life will not help here, but prayer and the scriptures definitly will. God wants to deal with you through Christ personaly. Any thing said to you by man must be measured with the word (These were more noble than thoes in Thessolonica, in that they recieved the word with all readyness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, weather these things were so.) There in Berea where people questioned the words of the appostle Paul in this mannor, they are concidered by Luke as "noble". God wants to dirrect you himself by his scripture in every aspect of your life...noble saints glorify his son. He will provide everything that you need through His son....God bless you in this narrow way, and keep you from falling through Christ Jesus. Brother pray for us that we too may be sustained through Christ. ...DGB

Great many thanks

Thanks a lot fro all of your support and wise words. I know they are from God and what you all have said is just the confirmation I needed. After writing the request I decided that even if there aren't any replies I'm going to on and rather search the Word of God for my answers than rely on man. Thanks again guys and DICE...my prayers are with you all!

GOD BLESS and Peace!
JESUS' Love
:love:

DrInGeNd we all have been right where you are my Brother. Many of us are still there. Its good that you know where you are in the Lord and walk in humility with that. I applaud you my Brother. The will of God is revealed in Jesus as we gaze upon Him. You will just walk right into His perfect will for you as you gaze upon the Morning Star. The things of this world grow strangly dim in the light of His Glory and Grace. Its good that we not get ourselves worked up over finding Gods perfect will for us, because that implies we don't trust Him to lead us into it. Trust Him with all your heart my precious brother because He will lead you as you gaze upon Him. Set your affections on Heavenly things and the earthly work He has for you to do on this earth will manifest itself along the way.Romans12:2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

sunshine307 said:
DrInGeNd, you say you have been prophesied over many times. There comes a time when we have to stop depending on these prophecies and listen to God for ourselves and believing what he tells us. I am not knocking the prophecies or prophet in any way, but when God has spoken we cannot keep asking Him for confirmation of what's been said, it's like saying OK God you've spoken, but I don't believe it yet. Coconut and jiggyfly have given you good advice with scriptures, prayerfully consider what they have said. :love:

I agree with all the advice that you have been given. Ask the Lord always for wisdom, knowledge and decernment. When anbody makes prophecies over you you need to test it and allow God to show you if its true. Because there are times that we will interpret what God is saying to us for someone in the flesh and not the spirit. Trust God and he will show the path that you need to walk on.

marieg