• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Humble Beginnings

Staff Member
Then the LORD took me as I followed the flock, And the LORD said to me, 'Go, prophesy to My people Israel.' Amos 7:15

Humanly Speaking, Amos doesn't look like the kind of man God would send to preach to the eighth-century BC nation of Israel. He was a simple shepherd when God called him to prophesy to His people. Yet God used him in powerful ways.
In reality, Amos fit the profile of just the kind of man God so often called to serve Him and to make a difference in the world. Moses was also a shepherd, Amos was a fig farmer, Joseph (Jesus' earthly father) was a carpenter, and the apostles Peter, James, and John were fishermen--to name a few.
God doesn't always use the highly educated or the credentialed to accomplish His purposes. On the contrary, He uses the humble, the willing, and those who have the courage and faith to say, "I'm here and available, Lord. Use me!"
If you feel unworthy or unprepared, it may just be that God has you right where He wants you. Your part in that equation is to say to Him, "I'm willing. Use me as You will."
Prayer: Lord, You've used men with little education or credentials to do great things for Your kingdom. Though I may not have an impressive background, I know You can do the same with me.