• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How?

How can anyone lose their faith because of scandal if they had their faith in GOD, where it was supposed to be instead of other men? :confused:

Yeshua, truly, if faith is in GOD and not man, one cannot lose faith because of a scandal. Please forgive this play on words: :icon_redface: one can lose face, but not lose faith. In fact, for one embroiled in uncontrollable sin, loss of face can be the only means to true faith in Christ Jesus.

Even if it is of one's own making and the consequences are shame, rejection, alienation from other Christians, family griefs, and ministry loss, these are all things that cause the sinner to cringe in the sight of men. Yet with faith, a person will humble himself before GOD to seek Him, not turn and run away from the LORD.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Despite David's sins of adultery and murder, he was called "a man after God's own heart," because David took responsibility for his actions and never ceased from seeking the LORD. When Nathan confronted David about his scandalous actions (2 Samuel 12:1-13), he repented:
And David said unto Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said unto David, "The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die." v.13

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 51 is the cry of a man broken from recognizing himself as a traitor to GOD. Yet faith remains the foundation of David's confession.

Psalm 51:1-4 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Anyone with faith in GOD cannot deny the priceless grace of Jesus' sufferings for our salvation. If we know the Truth, we turn to Him no matter how others see, talk about, or treat us.

Colossians 1:13-14 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.

Yeshua said:
How can anyone lose their faith because of scandal if they had their faith in GOD, where it was supposed to be instead of other men? :confused:

Thanks for your in put...

Thanks for your in put, To Christ it is welcomed and valued, sister.

I completely agree with what To Christ said I just want to add a tid bit... I think pride plays a huge part..
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
I understand that this is talking of choosing of bishops in the church but it helps explain I think in a way
Just a thought....
Love in Christ
Jlu

Last edited: