• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How You’re Saved From Shame

Staff Member
For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. Philippians 1:20

What do you fear?

Paul speaks of his fear of being put to shame, and shame is different for each person. Shame could come from the rejection of your peers or community. It could also result from a personal failure or the revelation that you’ve been inauthentic or fraudulent in some way. However, by identifying what you fear, you can begin to move toward the freedom that prompted Paul to speak with boldness.

If you fear what will become of you and your reputation, then you’re in need of the freedom that comes through union with Christ. Your hope and glory are united with Him as you aim to bring God glory with your life.

This approach to glorifying God isn’t always high profile or may not appear to be successful. Just as Jesus glorified God through His suffering and death, Paul reminds you that glorifying God looks like faithfulness amid the highs and lows of life. Whether in life or death, you need not fear the potential of shame and failure so long as you’ve drawn near to Christ and His glory becomes your won.

Active
  • Isaiah 61.7 Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy.
  • Psalm 34: 4-5 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
  • Romans 10:11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”