• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How to worship Jesus?

Active
There are so many ways to worship the lord. Some Christians worship Jesus through prayer. Some through confession of sins, or thanksgiving. I’m very artistic person. Our God is a creative God and I’m sure he loves for us to use creativity. Praise dancing is my gift. I love to listen to quiet Christian music while dancing in the morning. It has always helped me with my depression, too. Sometimes, my digital tablet becomes a great tool to honor Jesus. I feel sad I lost the motivation for digital Art recently, as I am holding my digital pen all day at work, so when I get home, I do not usually like to have it in my hand, but I plan to do more of this thing soon.

Praying, Art, Music, and dancing prepare me spiritually to study the word of God. I was brought up in a church that did not believe in dancing, but it is actually biblical. (Psalm 149:3, Psalm 47:1, Psalm 150:3-6) I was happy when I joined another church where I can freely use the gift of dancing in worship services. No matter how you worship the lord, it must be done in spirit and truth as it is mentioned in (John 4:23-24.) God says there are some who only honor him with their lips. (Matthew 15:8–9) We need to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to us about how to worship Jesus in spirit and in truth.

I pray you all will find inspirations to worship God today.

God bless.
Linda

Active
We worship God, yes.

Jesus Christ is our mediator between us and God through prayer.

Praise dancing, Christian Music, and speaking in tongues are very important weapons in spiritual warfare. They dispel demonic activities, because they are a vehicle to bring God’s healing power in our lives. They can be very powerful. Also, they are expressions of our love for Jesus. That is how we actually have healing and deliverance in a much greater way. I'd rather stay at home, and worship God the way I'm meant to than suppressing the Holy Spirit at any biblical church that restricts the movement of the Holy Spirit, because Worship & praise is my top priority.

We can praise and worship Jesus in many possible ways, but all should be in order. (1 Corinthians 14:40) Worship also brings repentance, because it is related to our fellowship with Jesus, but it must always come from the heart. We can shout praises unto God, clap hands, celebrate him, sing, or even dance before the Lord, but prayer is also a valid option, if done correctly. God says: when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (Matthew 6:7)

- (Exodus 15:20)
- (1Chronicles 16:9)
- (Psalm 149:3)
- (Psalm 150:4)
- (Psalm 47:1)
- (Psalm 22:22)

Loyal
Speaking in tongues is talked about in 1 Corinthians 13. It's purposes, etc. You might want to read that.

Prayer is our means of talking with God through Jesus Christ.

May I ask -- are you a born-again believer? And what do you base your salvation on? Praising and worshiping God Are important. Aren't we also supposed to be reaching out to the unsaved we are around with the Gospel unto salvation.

Active
Speaking in tongues is talked about in 1 Corinthians 13. It's purposes, etc. You might want to read that.

Prayer is our means of talking with God through Jesus Christ.

May I ask -- are you a born-again believer? And what do you base your salvation on? Praising and worshiping God Are important. Aren't we also supposed to be reaching out to the unsaved we are around with the Gospel unto salvation.

I’ve witnessed people healed instantly, because the Holy Spirit shielded them completely.

Speaking in tongues brings joy to believers. It brings divine healing to your mind and body. Because we have limited understanding of the situation, speaking in tongues is actually the perfect prayer. (Romans 8:26-27) Speaking in tongues gives me so much blessings, it improves me, and it builds up my faith in God. (1 Corinthians 14:4, Jude 1:20–21, John 7:38–39) the word edifies comes from the Greek, oikodomeo which means to restore by building.

Yes. I’m born again. I’m covered by the blood of Jesus. We all fall short and there is always room for sanctification even for the most sinners. I went through a crisis of faith, and returned just this year actually. I never denied Christ, even in my previous disobedient backslidden state. I’ve always believed in Jesus all my life. My disorder is a serious obstacle, but God understands me and he knows my heart. Jesus finds me every time.

I don't base my salvation on a what, but a "Who."

John 10:28-29: I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Ephesians 2:8-9: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is
the gift of Godnot by works, so that no one can boast.

Philippians 1:6:
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

John 5:24: “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and
will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 11:25-26: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me
will never die. Do you believe this?”

Yes. We must evangelize and reach to the lost souls. (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:18-20) We are commanded to try to get souls saved, but always in love, not by condemning them. We fail even to love our brothers and sisters in Christ, sometimes. (1 Peter 3:15) Many people would love to actually follow Jesus, if they knew him. Most people including those non-Christians are capable of being saved. (Luke 19:10)

Active
Hi KittyLinda -- what kind of disorder are you dealing with? Thanks for sharing.

I am Borderline. It is a personality disorder, which I was not aware of it, until this year. I could have done better, If I have known. I was hospitalized for like 6 months, so they did a very good job identifying it, and it makes perfect sense to me. I take medication now, so it is under control.

So you may ask someone "Are you born again?" They go 'yes' or 'no' and nothing bad happens.

Me, you can expect me to feel rejected by this question. It is just not in my control to not have these intense emotions even if you mean good. I believe it is very hard for a lot people to like me, because of it. I feel rejected all the time, fear abandonment, but I know God is all I need, and he will take care of it. I know my illness is physical, not spiritual, and I do not say this, because I refuse to see it. I once dealt with demonic attacks, and my disorder is physical. So this chemical imbalance will be always there.

Loyal
KittyLinda -- you've stated you're Borderline -- personality disorder -- bipolar by any chance. My daughter is somewhat that way. What is the actual diagnosis. Besides 'Borderline'.

Active
KittyLinda -- you've stated you're Borderline -- personality disorder -- bipolar by any chance. My daughter is somewhat that way. What is the actual diagnosis. Besides 'Borderline'.

Pardon me sister, but I'd like to stick to the original post, but I'm going to PM you a link and a video. Borderline is not easily explained in short words.

I hope your daughter is doing OK.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Active

I. Thanksgiving

A. The different aspects of thanksgiving, praise and worship
1. By thanksgiving we acknowledge God’s goodness
2. By praise we acknowledge God’s greatness
3. By worship we acknowledge God’s holiness

B. Compare NKJV/NIV (Heb. 12:28)
1. “Let us have grace” (NKJV) a. To “have grace” is to say thank you b. To “have grace” is to have thankfulness
c. French: grace; Italian: grazie; Spanish: gracias (all words for “thank you”)

2. “Let us be thankful” (NIV) We cannot have grace without being thankful
C. Statements about thankfulness 1. God commands us to be thankful (Col. 3:15–17)
2. Do nothing without giving thanks for it 3. Natural overflow of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18)
4. Failure to give thanks quenches the Holy Spirit (1 Thess. 5:16–18)
5. Necessary to make other forms of prayer effective (Phil. 4:6)
6. First stage of approaching God (Ps. 100:4)
7. Three unchanging reasons for thanking God (Ps. 100:5)
a. The Lord is good
b. His mercy is everlasting
c. His truth endures to all generations
8. Key to release of supernatural power: (John 6:11, 23)
D. The opposite of being thankful
1. Downward steps of human race (Rom. 1:21)
a. Not glorifying God b. Not being thankful
2. To be unthankful is to be unholy (2 Tim. 3:2)
3. Murmuring is a sin that invites the destroyer (2 Cor. 10:10 [Num. 21:4–9])

Part 2 – Praise II.
Praise

A. Our praise should be in proportion to His greatness (Ps. 48:1)
B. Second stage in approaching God (Ps. 100:4)
C. Gateway to the presence of God (Is. 60:18)
D. Seven scriptural facts about praise
1. Our praise offers God a throne (Ps. 22:3)
2. Praise is purpose for which God blesses us and brings victory (Ps. 106:47 [compare 2 Cor. 2:14])
3. Our tongue is our glory which gives praise to God (Ps. 30:11–12 [compare Ps. 16:9 & Acts 2:26])
4. Praise is a beautiful garment of our spirit (Is. 61:3 [compare Ps. 33:1])
5. Praise is a sacrifice (Jer. 33:11 [compare Heb. 13:15–16])
6. Spiritual weapon to silence and bind Satan (Ps. 8:2; Matt. 21:16 [compare Ps. 149:5–9])
7. Praise prepares the way for God’s supernatural intervention (Ps. 50:23; 2 Chron. 20:21–22; Jonah 2:9–10; Acts 16:25–26)
E. When to praise God
1. Every day—forever and ever (Ps. 145:2) 2. At all times—continually (Ps. 34:1)
F. How to praise God 1. With the whole heart (Ps. 111:1) 2. With understanding (Ps. 47:7)
3. With lifted hands—joyful mouth and lips (Ps. 63:4–5)
4. Lifting the hands—as an evening sacrifice (Ps. 141:2)
5. With the dance (Ps. 149:3) 6. With the timbrel and dance (Ps. 150:4)
G. Who is to praise God 1. 29 kinds of creatures who are to praise the Lord (Ps. 148:2)
2. Everything that has breath (Ps. 150:6) H. Who does not praise God? The dead (Ps. 115:7)

Part 3 – Worship III.
Worship
A. Worship plus praise (Is. 6:2–3)
1. Worship (attitude) plus praise (utterance)
2. Covering face and feet is worship
3. Flying is service
4. Four wings for worship, two for service
5. Service should proceed out of worship
B. Worship without service is hypocrisy (Matt. 4:10)
C. Entering into worship (Ps. 95:1–7)
1. Loud jubilant praise
2. Reasons for praise
3. Worship = bow down and kneel
D. Worship with our spirit through the Holy Spirit—truth requires sincerity (John 4:23–24)
1. Frankincense (worship) is made fragrant by fire (Lev. 2:1–2)
2. Honey cannot stand fire (Lev. 2:11)
E. Worship unites our spirit directly with God (1 Cor. 6:16–17)—fruitfulness comes from union

This comes from Derek Prince Ministries. I urge everyone to listen to the sermon. It is very great and detailed.

Active
Well; in my opinion, the practical way to worship Jesus is to do as he says.

John 14:15 . . If you love me, you will comply with what I command.

John 14:21 . .Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one
who loves me.

John 14:23-24 . . If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching . . He who
does not love me will not obey my teaching.

John 15:14 . .You are my friends if you do what I command you.
_

Loyal
Well; in my opinion, the practical way to worship Jesus is to do as he says.

I wonder if a thread about "what is worship?" might be appropriate?
Love is not worship. Otherwise we would be worshiping our children and spouses.
Obedience is not worship, otherwise we would be worshiping our bosses, mother and fathers.
Those can be a small part of worship. But sometimes we even obey people we don't particularly care for.

Active
I wonder if a thread about "what is worship?" might be appropriate?
Obedience is not worship, otherwise we would be worshiping our bosses, mother and fathers.
Those can be a small part of worship. But sometimes we even obey people we don't particularly care for.

I was thinking about putting that title first, but I was more interested to hear how my brothers and sisters prefer to worship.

I've always enjoyed worship services. It just brings so much peace and joy in my life. All that stress in life just vanishes when our heart is centered on Jesus.

God bless.

Active
Obedience is not worship, otherwise we would be worshiping our bosses, mother
and fathers.
Those can be a small part of worship. But sometimes we even obey people we don't
particularly care for.

None of the people you listed are divine; that's the difference between loving and
obeying them compared to loving and obeying Christ.
_

Active

None of the people you listed are divine; that's the difference between loving and
obeying them compared to loving and obeying Christ.
_

Worship involves obedience, but there are ways of expressing worship and love to God. So they are not exactly the same.

Active
Worship involves obedience, but there are ways of expressing worship and
love to God.

The issue raised by the OP is not about worship of God, rather, worship of
Jesus.

Though both Jesus and God are divine, there is a marked difference between
their status and their genre. With Jesus, there is a human element to take
into consideration.

Anyway; Jesus said that unless people love and obey him, they are not his
friends. So I must insist that when people substitute prayer, singing, and/or
dancing for love and obedience that he would tell them to forget it; he's not
having any: their behavior is an insult to his sensibilities.
_

Active
The issue raised by the OP is not about worship of God, rather, worship of
Jesus.

Though both Jesus and God are divine, there is a marked difference between
their status and their genre. With Jesus, there is a human element to take
into consideration.

Anyway; Jesus said that unless people love and obey him, they are not his
friends. So I must insist that when people substitute prayer, singing, and/or
_

I agree. Worship must be done in in spirit and truth (John 4:23-24.) , but Jesus is both fully God and fully man (John 10:30) So why do you bring the human element? I worship Jesus, because of both his deity in addition to his profound humanity. God is present in three persons. Christian should worship Jesus. We also worship the Holy Spirit the same way we worship the Father and the Son.

Active
Most Christians will readily attest to believing that Christ is fully God and fully Man,
but in reality they only believe he's fully God because they are unable to make full
use of the differences between the divine form of the Word in John 1:1 and the
Word's human form in John 1:14.
_

Active
but in reality they only believe he's fully God because they are unable to make full
use of the differences between the divine form of the Word in John 1:1 and the
Word's human form in John 1:14.

You do not seem to have much faith in those who believe and love Jesus. You are not the only one who understand.

1 Samuel 2:3: Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Active
they are not his friends.
So I must insist that when people substitute prayer, singing, and/or

I do not know anyone who substitute 'prayer' for love and obedience. When we pray, worship, and praise God, we do it because we love and obey him. It is common sense.