• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How to do all things, when I can do nothing?

Loyal
How can I do all things when I can do nothing? (6/16/20)

If I say I can do all things, and then say I can do nothing, which statement is correct? Both statements are correct! The only reason why I can do all things because I know I can do nothing!

The Bible does say.....

Php 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST which strengtheneth me.

It is only because Christ in me is the one doing all things, not me! This is very important to know and understand. Jesus Christ the Son of God said this about himself....

John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

If Jesus could do nothing of his own then how was he able to do all things?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.

As Jesus in us (we are his body) “WE” can do all things “THROUGH CHRIST”. Jesus was able to do all things through His Father that was dwelling in him!!

The Apostle Paul learned early on how to release the power of God within himself.

Paul prayed to God to try and get the “thorn in the flesh” which was a “messenger of Satan” sent to cause him trouble, to be taken away, but the Lord said to Paul.....

2Cor 12:8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
2Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS.” THEREFORE I WILL BOAST ALL THE MORE GLADLY OF MY WEAKNESSES, SO THAT THE POWER OF CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME.
2Cor 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG.

Knowing our weaknesses and confessing them causes the power of God to rest upon us. We know we are strong, but we know, and understand it is not our strength, it is God's power that is working through us!

Human beings always want to “brag” about what they do so people will stand in awe of our abilities (that is apart of the flesh)! Pride always comes before a fall no matter how good we think we are. It is the Son of God's will that the Father be glorified in the son(s).

Joh 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
Joh 15:8 BY THIS MY FATHER IS GLORIFIED, THAT YOU BEAR MUCH FRUIT and so prove to be my disciples.

Joh 14:13 Whatever you ask in my name, THIS I WILL DO, THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON.

If the Son of God lives inside us then how do we suppose Jesus is going to do what we ask of him?

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER, MAY BE OF GOD, AND NOT OF US.

Speaking about what that power is that God uses to do all things....

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKETH IN US,
Eph 3:21 Unto him BE GLORY IN THE CHURCH by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

The power that is at work in us is the “Glory of God”, which is Jesus Christ. It is in us the Church!. not some building we go to every Sunday!

I can do all things THROUGH Jesus Christ who is at work in me working through me because I know and understand I could never do it my self!!

Loyal
you are reminding me, of thoughts of the past. I would hear that verses a lot, when it seem to be popular in the late 70's into early 90's.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST which strengthens me."

People would get mad at one another especially married couples, when "Marriage Counselors and Marriage Seminars" in churches were very popular. If you had the money to pay, for it, you could have a good marriage, If you want a good marriage find a way to get the money. We could not come up with it.
But here is the kicker: Some would say: "what he did to me, i will not forgive him" "popular language around that time" here is another "I can forgive him but i will not forget", i hope you are getting my point, but when they wanted a new house or new car, or a trip to the "Cayman Islands" on Sunday Mornings standing up waving hands in the air! "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me" But they could not forgive. they could not deny themselves, they could not live with contentment, "They could not live Godly lives" "they could not pursue Holiness" "they could not read their bibles from front to back" But they say and quote "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who Strengthens me" I would just hold my head down and wonder. I have wondered a many of days even among those of own my household.

Loyal
you are reminding me, of thoughts of the past. I would hear that verses a lot, when it seem to be popular in the late 70's into early 90's.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST which strengthens me."

People would get mad at one another especially married couples, when "Marriage Counselors and Marriage Seminars" in churches were very popular. If you had the money to pay, for it, you could have a good marriage, If you want a good marriage find a way to get the money. We could not come up with it.
But here is the kicker: Some would say: "what he did to me, i will not forgive him" "popular language around that time" here is another "I can forgive him but i will not forget", i hope you are getting my point, but when they wanted a new house or new car, or a trip to the "Cayman Islands" on Sunday Mornings standing up waving hands in the air! "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me" But they could not forgive. they could not deny themselves, they could not live with contentment, "They could not live Godly lives" "they could not pursue Holiness" "they could not read their bibles from front to back" But they say and quote "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who Strengthens me" I would just hold my head down and wonder. I have wondered a many of days even among those of own my household.
I ask newlyweds, "do you want God to change your spouse"? They say "yes". I tell them "I know exactly how God is going to change them". They say "how"? By changing you!

I can do all things through Christ who changes, and moves me! :)