• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How to discern the true Christ and the false ones?

I have some problems.
For it is written, “And then if any man shall say to you, See, here is Christ; or, see, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.”
What's the true Christ and the false?

"You know them by their fruits" - Jesus Christ

You should ask yourself why you need to know?

A true follower knows that the Golden Rule is the essence of the ten commandments.
A true follower understands the scripture, "I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices" Showing mercy to your fellow man for we're all sinners. We're more than our sins and it's mercy that gives us another chance to prove it.
A true follower does not judge. Why judge another for being a sinner when you are also?
A true follower strives to be of value and worth to the Father, to themselves, to their family, in community, society, and in the world. They let their value and worth be a beacon of light to guide the misguided to the Father.
A true follower shows the way, the truth, and the life (Jesus) to the "Sick" (Sinners) for the healthy (Self Righteous) don't need a doctor.
A true follower gives as freely as they receive.
A true follower isn't bound by worldly possessions. They store their treasure in heaven. Such treasures are positive traits, polished skills, and an understanding of the way, the truth, and the life that's only gained by living in such a way.

If anyone fails to live up to these standards then they are not a true follower. This list can go on and on but if you want to be able to discern the true followers from false ones, you need to be a true follower yourself. Read the first four books of the new testament to start being a true follower, for you will be taught by Jesus himself. Then and only then will you be able to recieve the discernment in which you seek, but by then you won't need to discern between the two because the Father himself will be leading you because you live like his child.

Active
Ye shall know them by their fruits...

Seek the Lord for wisdom and understanding by revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ; asking HIM to reveal to you His characteristics. A true follower is not self seeking; everything here is temporal; we have accepted that and have lay down temporary life for an everlasting eternal one. What is in the heart comes out the mouth. What is consuming their heart? Do you hear Jesus being exalted or my poor life of shortcomings... oh me, me, me. Ye shall know them by their fruits through the Word of God, living water, to each who seek HIM. Amen

I would like to share some ideas with u sister :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
The real Jesus is in heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. Because of all that He accomplished salvation wise on Earth for His church the
Holy Spirit is able to be sent forth to true believers [Acts / Epistles].
Jesus is able to intercede on behalf of those praying in faith and is the only mediator between Earth and Heaven.
He is coming again in power and glory with His angels to raise up His Spirit-filled church of saints to meet Him in the air (the wedding feast).

False Christs are when certain sects [notably the JWs] and others claim that Jesus is already on Earth dwelling among them AND /OR that
the leader of this wacko sect is actually Christ reincarnate. They usually claim fringe benefits like adoration, money or young girls for themselves.
The JWs have claimed that Jesus has been residing secretly in their Watchtower HQ since 1914. And that they commune with Him and receive revelations
for their doctrines. Makes you wonder on how they get it so wrong over the decades as to the date of His return. They often sell up their properties and get ready
for the big day that never happens according to their inside source.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Recently, in respect to verse 24, a Christian Zionist organization doing their big "Feast of Tabernacles" extravaganza in Jerusalem claimed that Jesus Himself
appeared before them and layed hands on some and healed. They built a throne for Him to sit on.
Perhaps they used the wrong mushrooms in their omelettes. Jokes aside, read and ponder verse 24.

Just read the Word of God (= Jesus) and pray in the Holy Spirit. The two witnesses in the world. You will base your life upon a Rock.

2Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [Moroni and the Mormons]
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The real Jesus is in heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. Because of all that He accomplished salvation wise on Earth for His church the
Holy Spirit is able to be sent forth to true believers [Acts / Epistles].
Jesus is able to intercede on behalf of those praying in faith and is the only mediator between Earth and Heaven.
He is coming again in power and glory with His angels to raise up His Spirit-filled church of saints to meet Him in the air (the wedding feast).

False Christs are when certain sects [notably the JWs] and others claim that Jesus is already on Earth dwelling among them AND /OR that
the leader of this wacko sect is actually Christ reincarnate. They usually claim fringe benefits like adoration, money or young girls for themselves.
The JWs have claimed that Jesus has been residing secretly in their Watchtower HQ since 1914. And that they commune with Him and receive revelations
for their doctrines. Makes you wonder on how they get it so wrong over the decades as to the date of His return. They often sell up their properties and get ready
for the big day that never happens according to their inside source.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Recently, in respect to verse 24, a Christian Zionist organization doing their big "Feast of Tabernacles" extravaganza in Jerusalem claimed that Jesus Himself
appeared before them and layed hands on some and healed. They built a throne for Him to sit on.
Perhaps they used the wrong mushrooms in their omelettes. Jokes aside, read and ponder verse 24.

Just read the Word of God (= Jesus) and pray in the Holy Spirit. The two witnesses in the world. You will base your life upon a Rock.

2Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [Moroni and the Mormons]
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
You managed to write 400 words of nothing.

Thank God for the time we have together, we do not understand the truth can have the opportunity to discuss with you here to explore together, seek! Thank God, let God to lead us.
I would also like to right “Ye shall know them by their fruits.” Share point my personal knowledge and see. We want to know whether it is the truth, we can go to distinguish from the fruit junction. If the road is true, will change life can bring nature, rather than living in the corrupt and often trespasses, daytime crime scene the night of the confession. Because“ Christ is the truth, the way and the life”. Fruit knot is good, the root was certainly no doubt is good.
How do we discern the true way from false ways? The word of God tells us the principles for this. The words of Almighty God show us that we can discern the true way by judging it from the following three aspects.
First, we must see whether there is the work of the Holy Spirit. This is very important. Since it is the true way, it is surely the work of God Himself, and will surely be accompanied by the work of the Holy Spirit, upheld by the Holy Spirit. People believe in the incarnate God because He is the flesh in which God’s Spirit is embodied. All of His work is the work of the Holy Spirit, and it is also validated by the Holy Spirit. So people believe in Him and follow Him. For example, when Jesus was doing His work, though He appeared to be an ordinary, normal man, people could see from His work and word that He was accompanied and upheld by the Holy Spirit, and see that His work and word were full of authority and power. He made the blind see, the lame walk, and the leper healed, fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes, and even raised the dead. He searched hearts and minds and revealed man’s hidden things of darkness. And He also spoke the mysteries in heaven. People would feel peace and joy in their heart after following Him. At that time people followed the Lord Jesus and recognized Him as the coming Messiah all because they saw that all of His work was done by the Holy Spirit. This shows us that if it is the true way, there must be the work of the Holy Spirit. So, to judge whether it is the true way, we should first discern whether there is the work of the Holy Spirit.
Second, we should discern whether there is expressed the truth and whether man’s life disposition can be gradually changed and his humanity can become more and more normal. As we all know, God is the truth, the way, and the life. Each time God does a new stage of work, He will express the truth and thereby show man the ways of practice in the new age and give man the supply of life, so that man will live out a more and more normal humanity and gradually restore the original likeness that man had when he was created by God. This is an obvious characteristic of the true way. For example, when the Lord Jesus began the work of the Age of Grace, He expressed many truths for people at that time to practice. He taught them to love their neighbor as themselves, bear the cross, deny themselves, forgive others seventy times seven times, worship God in spirit and in truth, and so on. All those who truly believed in God underwent some changes in outward actions thanks to the teachings of the Lord Jesus, and they could be humble and patient as required by Him and lived out the likeness of normal man in some measure. So, if it is the true way, there must be expressed the truth, and it will make man’s humanity more and more normal and make them more and more like a real man.
Third, we can judge it by whether it can bring man more and more knowledge of God and whether it can arouse their love for God and draw them ever closer to God. As is known to all, the true way is the work of God’s own and can bring man to God, and by experiencing such work, man will gradually gain true knowledge of God and develop a love for God. For example, in the Age of Law, Jehovah decreed laws to guide man’s life on earth, and by experiencing His work, they knew that Jehovah alone was the only true God. They also knew that His disposition was majesty and curse and could not be offended, and thereby they had fear of God. In the Age of Grace, God was incarnated into the world and did the work of redemption of mankind, and people knew by experiencing the work of Jesus that God’s disposition was love and mercy and saw that God was not only Spirit but could become flesh and humble Himself to be a man and perform signs and wonders, healing the sick and casting out demons…. All the work Jesus did brought man a new knowledge of God and aroused more of their love for God. Therefore, if it is the true way, it can bring man more knowledge of God and His disposition.
Although God’s work is always progressing forward, as long as it is the work done by God Himself and the true way, it must meet the three conditions above. That is, there must be the work of the Holy Spirit, there must be expressed the truth, and it must bring man more and more knowledge of God and draw them ever closer to God. If we discern the true way by these three standards, we will tell true from false and keep pace with the present work of God and receive the truth, the way, and the life and greater promises and blessings from God.
This is my “Ye shall know them by their fruits.”and “How do we discern the true way from false ways” Understanding, Thank God!

Last edited by a moderator:
Active

RJ

I have some problems.
I see only good questions, not problems. A problem would be having questions you do not ask about!
There are plenty of scriptures, which some have already started giving you. There is no substitute for reading and knowing your scripture about Jesus. Basically, on top of everything the Bible has to say on the subject, the prime answer would be that Jesus Christ is God and the false Christ is not!
That may take some work, I would say that would depend on you being a true, "Born Again Christian". With Christ in you, you will know!

"You know them by their fruits" - Jesus Christ

You should ask yourself why you need to know?

A true follower knows that the Golden Rule is the essence of the ten commandments.
A true follower understands the scripture, "I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices" Showing mercy to your fellow man for we're all sinners. We're more than our sins and it's mercy that gives us another chance to prove it.
A true follower does not judge. Why judge another for being a sinner when you are also?
A true follower strives to be of value and worth to the Father, to themselves, to their family, in community, society, and in the world. They let their value and worth be a beacon of light to guide the misguided to the Father.
A true follower shows the way, the truth, and the life (Jesus) to the "Sick" (Sinners) for the healthy (Self Righteous) don't need a doctor.
A true follower gives as freely as they receive.
A true follower isn't bound by worldly possessions. They store their treasure in heaven. Such treasures are positive traits, polished skills, and an understanding of the way, the truth, and the life that's only gained by living in such a way.

If anyone fails to live up to these standards then they are not a true follower. This list can go on and on but if you want to be able to discern the true followers from false ones, you need to be a true follower yourself. Read the first four books of the new testament to start being a true follower, for you will be taught by Jesus himself. Then and only then will you be able to recieve the discernment in which you seek, but by then you won't need to discern between the two because the Father himself will be leading you because you live like his child.

Okay,your words are right. As a true follower, we must hold the truth that Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life.But how to do it specifically? My friends, in church,they are earlier than me , know more. But every day, the guilty of an offense and did not change . I'm dazed.

Active

RJ

But how to do it specifically?
Well, Christ in you first, read the Bible and pray to him with this concern.
My friends, in church,they are earlier than me , know more.
I have no way of knowing your situation, but the church is full of people who are not saved, I don't care how long they have been there.
But every day, the guilty of an offense and did not change . I'm dazed.
The change, a new person, is one way to determine a true Christian. Be cautious though, just because they say they are a new person, may not be so. I would say that , for the most part, the change is primarily for God's discernment. A mark of a Christian, would be one that has a repentant heart concerning there sin...they don't willfully sin with out remorse for it.

I see only good questions, not problems. A problem would be having questions you do not ask about!
OH~~~sorry ,maybe my word is wrong.
That may take some work, I would say that would depend on you being a true, "Born Again Christian". With Christ in you, you will know!
SO, I think I'm on the way. Now I'm learning...

Thank God for the time we have together, we do not understand the truth can have the opportunity to discuss with you here to explore together, seek! Thank God, let God to lead us.
I would also like to right “Ye shall know them by their fruits.” Share point my personal knowledge and see. We want to know whether it is the truth, we can go to distinguish from the fruit junction. If the road is true, will change life can bring nature, rather than living in the corrupt and often trespasses, daytime crime scene the night of the confession. Because“ Christ is the truth, the way and the life”. Fruit knot is good, the root was certainly no doubt is good.
How do we discern the true way from false ways? The word of God tells us the principles for this. The words of Almighty God show us that we can discern the true way by judging it from the following three aspects.
First, we must see whether there is the work of the Holy Spirit. This is very important. Since it is the true way, it is surely the work of God Himself, and will surely be accompanied by the work of the Holy Spirit, upheld by the Holy Spirit. People believe in the incarnate God because He is the flesh in which God’s Spirit is embodied. All of His work is the work of the Holy Spirit, and it is also validated by the Holy Spirit. So people believe in Him and follow Him. For example, when Jesus was doing His work, though He appeared to be an ordinary, normal man, people could see from His work and word that He was accompanied and upheld by the Holy Spirit, and see that His work and word were full of authority and power. He made the blind see, the lame walk, and the leper healed, fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes, and even raised the dead. He searched hearts and minds and revealed man’s hidden things of darkness. And He also spoke the mysteries in heaven. People would feel peace and joy in their heart after following Him. At that time people followed the Lord Jesus and recognized Him as the coming Messiah all because they saw that all of His work was done by the Holy Spirit. This shows us that if it is the true way, there must be the work of the Holy Spirit. So, to judge whether it is the true way, we should first discern whether there is the work of the Holy Spirit.
Second, we should discern whether there is expressed the truth and whether man’s life disposition can be gradually changed and his humanity can become more and more normal. As we all know, God is the truth, the way, and the life. Each time God does a new stage of work, He will express the truth and thereby show man the ways of practice in the new age and give man the supply of life, so that man will live out a more and more normal humanity and gradually restore the original likeness that man had when he was created by God. This is an obvious characteristic of the true way. For example, when the Lord Jesus began the work of the Age of Grace, He expressed many truths for people at that time to practice. He taught them to love their neighbor as themselves, bear the cross, deny themselves, forgive others seventy times seven times, worship God in spirit and in truth, and so on. All those who truly believed in God underwent some changes in outward actions thanks to the teachings of the Lord Jesus, and they could be humble and patient as required by Him and lived out the likeness of normal man in some measure. So, if it is the true way, there must be expressed the truth, and it will make man’s humanity more and more normal and make them more and more like a real man.
Third, we can judge it by whether it can bring man more and more knowledge of God and whether it can arouse their love for God and draw them ever closer to God. As is known to all, the true way is the work of God’s own and can bring man to God, and by experiencing such work, man will gradually gain true knowledge of God and develop a love for God. For example, in the Age of Law, Jehovah decreed laws to guide man’s life on earth, and by experiencing His work, they knew that Jehovah alone was the only true God. They also knew that His disposition was majesty and curse and could not be offended, and thereby they had fear of God. In the Age of Grace, God was incarnated into the world and did the work of redemption of mankind, and people knew by experiencing the work of Jesus that God’s disposition was love and mercy and saw that God was not only Spirit but could become flesh and humble Himself to be a man and perform signs and wonders, healing the sick and casting out demons…. All the work Jesus did brought man a new knowledge of God and aroused more of their love for God. Therefore, if it is the true way, it can bring man more knowledge of God and His disposition.
Although God’s work is always progressing forward, as long as it is the work done by God Himself and the true way, it must meet the three conditions above. That is, there must be the work of the Holy Spirit, there must be expressed the truth, and it must bring man more and more knowledge of God and draw them ever closer to God. If we discern the true way by these three standards, we will tell true from false and keep pace with the present work of God and receive the truth, the way, and the life and greater promises and blessings from God.
This is my “Ye shall know them by their fruits.”and “How do we discern the true way from false ways” Understanding, Thank God!
thank you very much,I'm glad to meet you here. I think it's good for me, and I will read it seriously.:thumbsup:

Loyal
For it is written, “And then if any man shall say to you, See, here is Christ; or, see, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.”
This comes about when people are not grounded in sound doctrine, not encouraged to read their Bibles for themselves. and do not have the added necessity of the
Holy Spirit - The Spirit of Truth (John chapters14-17).
History is full of false Christs and many, many people being deceived and most probably never gaining their salvation.
What all the following have in common is the astounding charismatic ability to deceive and betray their followers. [who obviously didn't read Matthew 24]

This is a partial list of notable people who have been claimed, either by themselves or by their followers,
to in some way be the reincarnation of Jesus, or the Second Coming of Christ.

Ann Lee (1736–1784), the founder and leader of the Shakers. Lee's followers referred to her as "Mother," believing that she was the female incarnation of Christ on Earth.

John Nichols Thom (1799–1838), a Cornish tax rebel who claimed to be the "saviour of the world" and the reincarnation of Jesus Christ in 1834.
He was killed by British soldiers at the Battle of Bossenden Wood, on May 31, 1838 in Kent, England.

Arnold Potter (1804–1872), Schismatic Latter Day Saint leader; he claimed the spirit of Jesus Christ entered into his body
and he became "Potter Christ" Son of the living God. He died in an attempt to "ascend into heaven" by jumping off a cliff.
His body was later retrieved and buried by his followers.

William W. Davies (1833–1906), leader of a Latter Day Saint schismatic group called the Kingdom of Heaven located in Walla Walla, Washington from 1867 to 1881.
He taught his followers that he was the archangel Michael, who had previously lived as the biblical Adam, Abraham, and David.
When his son Arthur was born on February 11, 1868, Davies declared that the infant was the reincarnated Jesus Christ.
When Davies's second son, David, was born in 1869, Davies was declared to be God the Father.

Krishna Venta (1911–1958), born Francis Herman Pencovic in San Francisco, founded the WKFL (Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith and Love) Fountain of the World cult
in Simi Valley, California in the late 1940s.
In 1948 he stated that he was Christ, the new messiah and claimed to have led a convoy of rocket ships to Earth from the extinct planet Neophrates.
He died on December 10, 1958 after being suicide bombed by two disgruntled former followers who accused Venta of mishandling cult funds
and having been intimate with their wives.

Jim Jones (1931–1978), founder of Peoples Temple, which started off as an offshoot of a mainstream protestant sect before becoming a personality cult as time went on.
He claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus, Akhenaten, Buddha, Vladimir Lenin, and Father Divine in the 1970s.
Organized a mass murder suicide at Jonestown, Guyana on November 18, 1978. He shot himself after the murders were done.

David Koresh (1959–1993), born Vernon Wayne Howell, was the leader of a Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas,
though never directly claiming to be Jesus himself, proclaimed that he was the final prophet and "the Son of God, the Lamb" in 1983.
In 1993, a raid by the U.S. BATF, and the subsequent siege by the FBI ended with Branch Davidian ranch burning to the ground. Koresh,
54 adults and 21 children were found dead after the fire extinguished itself.

Apollo Quiboloy (1950–) is the founder and leader of a Philippines-based Restorationist church, the Kingdom of Jesus Christ,
The Name Above Every Name, Inc. He has made claims that he is the "Appointed Son of God."

Alan John Miller (1962–), more commonly known as A.J. Miller, a former Jehovah's Witness elder and current leader of the Australia-based Divine Truth movement.
Miller claims to be Jesus Christ reincarnated with others in the 20th century to spread messages that he calls the "Divine Truth."
He delivers these messages in seminars and various forms of media along with his current partner Mary Suzanne Luck, who identifies herself as the returned Mary Magdalene.
Divine Truth is a spiritual or new religious movement based in Australia. The church was started in 2007 by spiritual teacher Alan John Miller, also known as A.J.,
who claims to be Jesus of Nazareth through reincarnation. Miller was formerly an elder in the Jehovah's Witnesses and ran a computer business.
In 2007, Miller purchased a 16 hectare property at Wilkesdale, Queensland, Australia. In 2009, Divine Truth followers purchased another 240ha property
with plans to build "learning centres" and a visiting centre for international visitors.
It is estimated that up to 40 more followers have since moved to Wilkesdale which is located near Kingaroy.
Miller's spiritualist teachings about Divine Love, Divine Truth, Spiritual Spheres, The Hells, and the Law of Attraction appear earlier from James E Padgett (1852-1923),
and the prayer for divine love on Miller's website appeared in Padgett's writings in 1916.

And let's not forget the Jehovah Witnesses and the Mormans both starting as special divine revelation cults.

Active
I have some problems.

If you had to Google 'person claims to be Jesus' you should find at least ten - 100 current false Christs.

This warning had to be given because it is human nature to want to walk by sight and not faith.

Administrator
Staff Member
I have some problems.

Please read some of these useful links that are relevant.

The Unholy Trinity: Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet
Who or what is the antichrist?