How to Become an Instrument of Righteousness.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
How to Become an Instrument of Righteousness.

I don't know of any Christians that do not want the Lord their God to use them for his Glory. Everyone wants to be used by God, because that is where the fun is!!
:smile:The Lord does want to use all of his children to bring Glory to his Father, and no one has the most fun then the one the Lord is using at that moment.

From the very moment I became a child of God, I wanted the Lord to use me, but I did not have any talent what soever to offer, plus, I was very very shy, and bashful. I never offered any opinions to anybody because I did not consider myself a very smart person. Even to this day I consider myself about as dumb as a pile of rocks, but the good news is that God can make this pile of rocks cry out, so the good part is not the rock, but in the one that can make this rock cry out!!

The Lord told me a long time ago that the reason I am so shy, and bashful is because I had nothing to talk about. The Lord said to me, “I am going to give you something to talk about, and no body will be able to shut you up”
:smile: Boy is that right!! I like to “over participate" when it comes to spiritual things, and it is not my fault!!!
:smile:

The Apostle Paul gives us some insight in how we can become a “VESSEL OF HONOR” so we can be used by the Master unto every good WORK.

2Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, LET EVERY ONE THAT NAMETH THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY.
2Tim 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Tim 2:21 IF A MAN THEREFORE PURGE HIMSELF FROM THESE, HE SHALL BE A VESSEL UNTO HONOUR, SANCTIFIED, AND MEET FOR THE MASTER'S USE, AND PREPARED UNTO EVERY GOOD WORK.

In my kitchen there are certain utensils I use frequently, and so I keep them close by because they are used a lot. The ones I rarely if ever use I place in the cabinets out of reach until I find a use for them.
The Lord is the same in his house, as he places those vessels to whom he uses the most he keeps within arms reach, because they are profitable to him.

If we want to become a vessel of honor so the Lord will begin use us then we must “DEPART FROM INIQUITY”

Iniquity is what man does under his own control, when he wants to do it, even if it comes to being a doer of the Word of God. The word “INIQUITY” means “LAWLESSNESS”. God's Kingdom operates on spiritual law's that operate by faith. If we are moved by our own minds, and motives separate from the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the only thing we can do is iniquity!! It is never up to man the when, the where and the how the Lord decides to move us so he can work through us.

This is a very hard lesson to learn, because we always want to do things our way, when we decided to do them. When I tell other believers that I consider myself about as dumb as a pile of rocks they cringe because that is not a good confession to make. Well, the Apostle Paul learned something very profound when he asked the Lord to remove the “THORN IN THE FLESH, A MESSENGER OF SATAN” that was sent to buffet him. The Lord told Paul that his “POWER”, that “dunamis power of God” was made PERFECT IN WEAKNESS.(2 Cor 12:7-9)

The word “PERFECT” means, “TO REACH ITS INTENDED END. TO BECOME COMPLETE, AND MATURE”. God's power in a believer reaches it's maximum strength when that person is WEAK!! When we know, and fully understand within our self's that we can not do anything of ourselves, no matter how simple it is, that is when the power of God reaches it maximum strength!!!

Therefore the Apostle Paul said he gladly boasts about his weaknesses so that the power of God would rest upon him!!

2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I WILL BOAST ALL THE MORE GLADLY OF MY WEAKNESSES, SO THAT THE POWER OF CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME.

This is transitioning from a self sufficient person to a person who is totally dependent on God himself for all that he says, and does. This is becoming a vessel unto honor, ready for the master's use. An instrument of righteousness in the hands of a Holy God.

Even Jesus Christ himself said.....

John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

No wonder Jesus performed so many miracles, because he fully understood that the power flowing through him was from the Holy Spirit, and his Father working through him that was in him!!

Staff member
I won't say you're as dumb as a pile of rocks...........cause when that pile is upon THE ROCK.....rest assured you're standing taller than the worlds greatest brain trust.

You are a blessing brother, even if we only get to see you show us but one rock at a time. As in this devotional :smile:

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><