• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "Dave M, post: 295245, member: 30955"] Amen Brother !! lots of people getting the wrong spirit these days and speaking in tongues not of the Holly Spirit we must all discernment

GOOGLE
Kundalini Spirit

VERY DANGEROUS [/QUOTE]

Mr "Kundani"

You judging whats your basis? are you the one who anointed them with the tongues?
Why judge another man's servant then?
Only demons know themselves, if you call them demons, you should be one to know one.
You must be the chief kundani, i will not google it coz i dont wanna be a member of your kindgom.

Im too busy with Jesus brother.

Paul says that speaking of tongues is a gift but, useless unless it edifies the church and it can only edify the church if it is accompanied by an Interpreter so others can benefit!
Thanks
we need people like you to build and encourage others in this race.

Active
We do not receive the gift apart from salvation, its part and parcel of it. Please do not forbid speaking in tongues, instead pray for interpretation. Many of us that have the gift do not flaunt it in front of unbelievers, God has a purpose for it, and if you don't have it you may not understand it, but dont knock other people for sharing what is given to them by God.

• 1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all; however, in the church I desire to speak five words with my mind so that I may instruct others also, rather than ten thousand words in a tongue.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.
  • 1 Corinthians 14: 51 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.
Not knocking it, but it is clearly OK to share with others as long as it is done right.....In private OK but with others don't do it unless it is Interpreted!

Loyal
Thank you Amadeus. I am so honored. Someone sent me that video, i was blessed and deeply touched. I could see the hand of God in it, but i felt like i have been initiated into a cult after reading the comments here.
Thank you for welcoming me and encouraging me. The christian family needs people like you.
Muslims will not condemn whats Quranical, but it's only in christianity that christians label other christians.
islam as a religion does not have so many fractions like we do;.
We have so many denominations. God will help us!!!
The end is what matters.

T
Unfortunately what Ghandi is too often the truth of the matter:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” by Mahatma Gandhi

But as you said, the end is what matters... and God will help us.

Loyal
Thanks. You are really anointed. Only the anointed ones will respect an anointing. Like David said about Saul, " I will not hurt whom God has anointed"
Amen! This is not patting you or me on the back. We are only right when we are following the lead of the Holy Spirit in us. When we are not then we too are in trouble with God:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

[QUOTE = "amadeus2, post: 295351, member: 16782"] Unfortunately what Gandi is too often the truth of the matter:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” by Mahatma Gandhi

But as you said, the end is what matters ... and God will help us. [/ QUOTE]
Amen to that. God will help us

Loyal
I too often pray in tongues in private. I find that when praying I sometimes get choked up with my own thoughts, feelings and inability to express what I need to say, and then praying in a language that I don't understand liberates my spirit.

Active
Gandhi was a great man and I can never hope to live up to his standards but the difference is he criticizes and compares his own perfection to our imperfection and, though, in that regard, he was better than any of us , to Our God, to make a difference, he would have to had been perfect 24/7!

Active
Gandhi was a great man and I can never hope to live up to his standards but the difference is he criticizes and compares his own perfection to our imperfection and, though, in that regard, he was better than any of us , to Our God, to make a difference, he would have to had been perfect 24/7!

Yup. While Gandhi was bang-on accurate with that statement (to our collective Christian shame), merely ''liking our Christ'' wouldn't've been enough to get him into Heaven.......

Staff Member
Gretings vanessa,

if you are addressing Dave M in the following, I sincerely think you owe him an apology. I am not saying you have to but I am convinced that he does not have anything but a caring heart towards you and others he posts/replies to and it may be that he didn't communicate clearly enough for you and you didn't understand what he was saying. He has always showed kindness here, which is more important than all the things which will pass (cease).

[QUOTE = "Dave M, post: 295245, member: 30955"] Amen Brother !! lots of people getting the wrong spirit these days and speaking in tongues not of the Holly Spirit we must all discernment

GOOGLE
Kundalini Spirit

VERY DANGEROUS

Mr "Kundani"

You judging whats your basis? are you the one who anointed them with the tongues?
Why judge another man's servant then?
Only demons know themselves, if you call them demons, you should be one to know one.
You must be the chief kundani, i will not google it coz i dont wanna be a member of your kindgom.

Im too busy with Jesus brother.[/QUOTE]

I fully understand your concern in what you posted and I am sure @Dave M would/does too although I can not speak for him. However I think you'llfind it was out of Christian concern that he posted what he did.

Perhaps if you look up 'Glossolalia' you will appreciate the concern. I don't think you were being accused of anything but the warning given(?) was for your benefit for there are many false manifestations out in the world.

If I have mad a mistake, please both forgive me, too.

Post in peace,

Bless you ....><>

Active
Hello
Praying in tongues is praying in the Holy spirit.
It charges you and allows the Holy spirit to pray through you, Praying his will and not your will

Watch this video and be blessed.

1 Corinthians 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?:

They did not have a sound system back in Paul's days so can you imagine trying to hear the pastor or any one speaking normally in the assembly?

Does any one else see what is wrong with that video?

Active
I have responded to most or all of your questions on you own thread entitled:

"Defining Evidence on Supernatural Tongue Before Pentecost"

Well, it is closed for now. And since the moderator seem to detect hostility in our discussion, I probably should not reply to you in that thread if it does get opened again or even to discuss it with you in this thread.

I love you in Christ, brother, but I am withdrawing from discussing that topic with you to admonish you for we are at odds. We agree to disagree.

Loyal
Again, I don't talked against Tongues, it is a Biblical gift but,St Paul says it does edify the church if no interpreter is present don't do it regardless of ones feelings.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.
  • 1 Corinthians 14: 1-5 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2For anyone who speaks in a tonguea does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,b but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues,c unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Absolutely! They should speak one at a time, not all at once, and there should be an interpreter. And, what they say should be tested against the Word of God, and the interpretation must agree with scripture, i.e. it should not be anything opposed to God's Word or to his divine character and will for his people. For, how can we be edified if we don't know what they are saying? How can we be certain that this is not of Satan if people are all speaking at once and no one knows what they are saying? This is different from tongues as a private prayer language.

Active
Absolutely! They should speak one at a time, not all at once, and there should be an interpreter. And, what they say should be tested against the Word of God, and the interpretation must agree with scripture, i.e. it should not be anything opposed to God's Word or to his divine character and will for his people. For, how can we be edified if we don't know what they are saying? How can we be certain that this is not of Satan if people are all speaking at once and no one knows what they are saying? This is different from tongues as a private prayer language.

And when it comes to private prayer language, your guideline still applies and since it does not come with interpretation, how can any one know it is not of Satan? So can you see how that would make private tongues one of confusion which God cannot be the author of? Well, from what you have shared and my belief on the subject which I believe is a Biblical concern & a just concern for the body of Christ.

Loyal
@vanessa

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your effort to bless us. I apologize that some chose to attack before welcoming you as a new member here. Give God the glory!

@amadeus2 - I love you in Jesus, and I respect you as a godly man, but I don't believe your brothers in Christ here were attacking Vanessa. They were using godly wisdom and discernment in responding to the video, and I believe I would have responded similarly, though maybe not exactly as they did. We need to exercise godly wisdom and discernment whenever anyone presents us with something supposed to be of God, especially that which we know is contrary to scripture, which this was on three accounts: 1) Everyone was speaking all at once, and 2) There was no interpretation, and 3) There was no examination of what was said to see whether or not it was biblical, i.e. if it agreed or disagreed with scripture. The Bible is very clear that we must test what we hear or read against the Word of God to make certain that what we are hearing, seeing or reading is truly of God. So, I applaud these brothers for using such discernment, and for doing so kindly, thoughtfully and lovingly, I believe. Love you in Jesus! Sue

Loyal
And when it comes to private prayer language, your guideline still applies and since it does not come with interpretation, how can any one know it is not of Satan? So can you see how that would make private tongues one of confusion which God cannot be the author of? Well, from what you have shared and my belief on the subject which I believe is a Biblical concern & a just concern for the body of Christ.

I have never spoken in tongues, not once, and I have been a follower of Christ for 60 years. It is a gift God never gave to me. I believe, though, that all the gifts of the Spirit are alive and well, but that they should be used biblically, and that biblically speaking, tongues is one of the lesser gifts. Paul, in 1 Co. 14, addressed public speaking in tongues, but he also talked about tongues as a private prayer language. It was the public use of tongues that required interpretation, I believe.

I am not certain how tongues works in prayer, though, so I sympathize with your thoughts here. I, for one, would not want to be praying something and not know what I was praying. I know the Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we don't have the right words, but that is the Holy Spirit doing it, and it doesn't come out of my mouth. So, I would not feel comfortable praying words and not knowing what I was saying. For those of you who pray in tongues, how do you know what you are saying? Does the Holy Spirit interpret for you?

Loyal
I have never spoken in tongues, not once, and I have been a follower of Christ for 60 years. It is a gift God never gave to me. I believe, though, that all the gifts of the Spirit are alive and well, but that they should be used biblically, and that biblically speaking, tongues is one of the lesser gifts. Paul, in 1 Co. 14, addressed public speaking in tongues, but he also talked about tongues as a private prayer language. It was the public use of tongues that required interpretation, I believe.

I am not certain how tongues works in prayer, though, so I sympathize with your thoughts here. I, for one, would not want to be praying something and not know what I was praying. I know the Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we don't have the right words, but that is the Holy Spirit doing it, and it doesn't come out of my mouth. So, I would not feel comfortable praying words and not knowing what I was saying. For those of you who pray in tongues, how do you know what you are saying? Does the Holy Spirit interpret for you?

1 Corinthians 14:13-16: "Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also. 16 Otherwise if you bless in the spirit only, how will the one who fills the place of the ungifted say the “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not know what you are saying?"

This seems to indicate, whether the prayer is public or private, that we need to pray not only in the Spirit but with our minds, knowing what it is we are praying. Otherwise, how can we say "amen" to what we just prayed if we don't know what it is that we said?

Active

I should feel free to discuss this with you as to why I believe it cannot be used as a prayer language.

For one; The Holy Spirit is limited in how He speaks because He cannot speak for Himself or on His own initiative, or on His own accord or on His own authority as all Bibles attest to this in John 16:13 and this is why I read "he speaks what he hears" as meaning that is the only thing the Holy Spirit can do in speaking through us to others.

It is because of errant modern Bibles in Romans 8:26-27 that mislead believers into disregarding John 16:13 as if God did not really mean that, and thinks the Holy Spirit can utter His own intercessions BUT the KJV says differently.

In Romans 8:26 KJV , the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His groanings. This is why Romans 8:27 exists is to explain how His unspeakable intercessions is given to the Father then and it is by Anther that searches our hearts which is Jesus Christ ( Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV ) and He is the One that knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's intercessions to the Father which is in according to the will of God because there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus ( 1 Timothy 2:5 KJV ).

The prayer system is set up in this way; Jesus is our only way to God the Father by as He is the Lamb of God for our access ( John 14:6 KJV ) When anyone prays to Jesus at that throne of grace or to the Father in Jesus's name, it is the Son that gives our intercessions to the Father as well as the Spirit's unspeakable intercessions and the Son's own intercessions to the Father so that whenever the Father says yes to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer as He will do it. ( John 14:13-14 KJV ) so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

That verse that tongue speakers pull out of context and misread and therefore misapply is Paul saying that if any one speaks in tongues or if Paul speaks in tongues, he was to pray that another may interpret. That means it is his spirit praying while he is speaking in tongues which that tongue is manifested by the Holy Spirit. Paul is not praying in tongues but praying that someone will interpret that tongue while the Holy Spirit is manifesting tongues through him.

1 Corinthians 12:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. KJV

So Paul never said that the Holy Spirit is praying at all but he is praying that another may interpret that tongue while the Holy Spirit was manifesting tongues thru him.

Tongue speakers keep missing the point of that chapter in 1 Corinthians 14 because Paul was exhirting any believer that happen to be zealous for spiritual gift to seek the gift of prophesy above all spiritual gifts ( 1 Corinthians 14:1 ) and then he began.comparing the gift of tongues by itself against the gift of prophesy to show why because tongues by itself is not a stand alone gift for any believer to use at all. Paul admitted that God's gift of tongues can edify and it will when it is interpreted but it cannot by itself for then it would be unfruitful to the tongue speaker when he knows not what was said.

1 Corinthians 14:26-27 KJV shows how tongues were to be spoken one at a time and another interpret in the assembly, and if no interpretation, he is to be made silent because from such a practice, a foreigner may stand up and speak out of turn for why there is no interpretation coming. That is what Paul meant when he said that he speaks unto himself and unto God, meaning he understands what he is saying as God does too; not that he is literally talking to himself like a crazy person 1 Corinthians 14:28 KJV That was Paul saying indirectly that tongues will come with interpretation in the assembly or else they are to be made silent because that is not the Holy Spirit manifesting tongues but a foreigner speaking out of turn for why no interpretation is coming.

We are not to forbid speaking in tongues but Paul gave the bottom line on tongues for what it was for.. of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 KJV )

Paul set the precedent in 1 Corinthians 12th chapter for how to read the 14th chapter to dispel any taking his words out of context as of tongues can be used privately and that is the gifts of teh Spirit were given to profit the body withal; not individually in 1 Corinthians 12:7 KJV

And Paul would not endorse seeking to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation in order to get any of those gifts in that 12 chapter as we all must share this same testimony in relations to the gifts that we had received the promise of the Holy Spirit at our salvation and at no other time ( 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV )

To believe that tongues can be used privately for self edification, for giving thanks, for singing, for doctrine, for revelation, without interpretation, and even to switch from that mode where the Holy Spirit uses it as a prayer mode without interpretation is liken to a believer telling the body of Christ that he has no need of any one else that he can hold his own private tongue worship service even though he cannot tell you what that tongue just did out of all those supposed benefit when it comes with no interpretation.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

That means no tongue speaker can interpret their own tongue after he gets done speaking in tongues.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.....

Most believers have gotten that tongue by an extra phenomenon of receiving the Holy Spirit apart from salvation for which leads other saved believers to seek in receiving after a sign but tongues were never to serve as a sign towards the believers for anything like that; 1 Corinthians 14:22

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Those verses prove along with verse 7 that tongues were never meant for private use; not in the assembly nor outside of the assembly.

If you think about it; why do some believers get that blessing of a prayer tongue but not all believers? Is God showing favoritism among the body of Christ? No. And so it is they that separate themselves from the body of Christ when they insiste they can use tongue privately because that is the only "logical" explanation to them for why it is not coming with interpretation, but when given respect to all the scriptures, it is not of Him at all.

So Paul was not really endorsing praying in tongues but it is him praying that another will interpret while he was speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit so that he may understand the tongue in order for that tongue to be really fruitful to him and for him to be truly edified.

That 14th chapter was really about why prophesy is the gift for all believers to seek after but somehow, tongue speakers saw Paul comparing tongues against prophesy as if tongues is way better than prophesy when that same tongue in 1 Corinthians 14:2 is the same tongue spoken of thru out that chapter as needing interpretation for even the tongue speaker to understand and for that tongue to be fruitful to himself..

Loyal
@vanessa
Watched the video and I am not happy.
This church is completely out of order and is not conducting their service
decently and in order.
Paul the apostle wrote to the Corinthians, who like this church were subject to
emotionalism and disorder, and corrected them as to how to conduct a Church service properly,
with discipline. 1 Corinthians 14:

No wonder that those who are not Pentecostal are frightened and confused as to the legitimacy
of modern day Pentecostalism when they see such strange behaviours by a congregation and
where "converts" are writhing on the floor.
This is not the book of Acts nor the teachings of the epistles.

In The Revival Fellowship we simply preach the full gospel of salvation, and explain the scriptures to
those who are seeking God and his truth.
Acts 2:38-39 and Mark 16:15-20 are the pivotal verses explaining who we are as a Pentecostal church.

Those who seek baptism of the Holy Spirit are commanded to be baptized in water
by full immersion and then to seek the infilling of the Holy Spirit [born new again by water and Spirit].
People go out into a prayer room and sit down with others laying hands on them and praying with them for
the gift of the Holy Spirit to be poured out on this new person.
But a new person must yield unto God and humble themselves putting aside their own thoughts.

Every single person, every single believer or disciple knows when they have received the indwelling
Holy Spirit because without fail we all speak forth in a new tongue, just as Jesus declared we would.
Praying in tongues is the only Bible given evidence of being baptised in the Holy Spirit.

People do not fall over. People do not wriggle around on the floor. People do not get hysterical.
They simply speak out in tongues and usually come out of the prayer room with a glow in their
face and a big smile.

Loyal
If you think about it; why do some believers get that blessing of a prayer tongue but not all believers?
Because some believers embrace the full original gospel preached by Jesus and the Apostles.
The same gospel written in ink in my KJV.

Status
Not open for further replies.