• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How should a Christian view gun control?

Loyal
Brother Paul,

Would you ever use deadly force against someone, either to protect your life or that of another? If no, why not? If yes, what circumstance can you see where it would be necessary?

Blessings.

I would never use force of any type against any one. I would not do it to protect myself or my family.

I would stand in faith, in the world, praying protection through the Blood of Christ for my family and myself. I would look at the person threatening me, frightened in the flesh, strong in the spirit, my arms would be open, showing I have no arms, the armour of God they will not see, the peace of God they may not want to see.

No one can add a day to their life by worrying, God holds my life in his hands, I die in this life when it is his will, not the will of the person with fire arms.

He who tries to save his life will lose it, he who loses his life for Jesus will save it.

He who takes up the sword (weapon) will die with the sword (the weapon)

Fear drives people to have fire arms, in the same way fear drives governments to increase war heads, nuclear power, atomic bombs.

Shalom

Active
I would never use force of any type against any one. I would not do it to protect myself or my family.

I would stand in faith, in the world, praying protection through the Blood of Christ for my family and myself. I would look at the person threatening me, frightened in the flesh, strong in the spirit, my arms would be open, showing I have no arms, the armour of God they will not see, the peace of God they may not want to see.

No one can add a day to their life by worrying, God holds my life in his hands, I die in this life when it is his will, not the will of the person with fire arms.

He who tries to save his life will lose it, he who loses his life for Jesus will save it.

Fear drives people to have fire arms, in the same way fear drives governments to increase war heads, nuclear power, atomic bombs.

Shalom

I can hardly imagine a loving dad stand by and do all that you claim you would do, which is to say nothing physically, while an evil man takes his toddler child by the hand while he tells the dad "I'm taking your child to be my sex slave. I'm going to share her with all my friends. If you try to stop me, I'll kill you." You'd truly let your toddler child be taken without a fight?

Blessings.

Active

Shalom

Let me ask you this: if you k
I can hardly imagine a loving dad (and please don't conflate this with our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus) stand by and do all that you claim you would do, which is to say nothing physically, while an evil man takes his toddler child by the hand while he tells the dad "I'm taking your child to be my sex slave. I'm going to share her with all my friends. If you try to stop me, I'll kill you." You'd truly let your toddler child be taken without a fight?

Blessings.

Loyal
I can hardly imagine a loving dad stand by and do all that you claim you would do, which is to say nothing physically, while an evil man takes his toddler child by the hand while he tells the dad "I'm taking your child to be my sex slave. I'm going to share her with all my friends. If you try to stop me, I'll kill you." You'd truly let your toddler child be taken without a fight?

Blessings.

Who said they would do nothing? Where is your faith? Are you saying that prayer is nothing?

You would do the right thing, pray in faith, offer yourself, leave my family, pray, pray, pray.

Prov. 3:5-7

Faith can move a mountain from your life, that mountain could be a gun.

Who can add a day to their life by worrying?

Fear not, Trust in God, Trust also in Jesus. Have Faith.

Why do you worry about someone that can kill the body, you should worry more of him who can kill both body and soul.

Loyal
Who said they would do NOTHING?

Where is your faith?

Are you saying that prayer is nothing?

Regarding your example, you would do the right thing, pray in faith, offer yourself, leave my family, pray, pray, pray.

Why do you worry about someone that can kill the body, you should worry more of him who can kill both body and soul.

Active
Who said they would do nothing? Where is your faith? Are you saying that prayer is nothing?

You would do the right thing, pray in faith, offer yourself, leave my family, pray, pray, pray.

Paul, I have passed from death to life when I was regenerated in Christ. I pray always, and if my toddler daughter was being abducted I would fight with every physical fiber of my being, to the death if it meant death, to prevent her from being taken and abused as a sex slave. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. You, Paul, show no love whatever to your toddler child, no love whatever, when you refuse to physically fight evil to save her from abuse. Your failure to put your physical life inbetween evil and your toddler daughter in order to save her is not love, but hatred. You, sir, are afraid, a coward. May God have mercy on your soul.

Blessings.

Loyal
Paul, I have passed from death to life when I was regenerated in Christ. I pray always, and if my toddler daughter was being abducted I would fight with every physical fiber of my being, to the death if it meant death, to prevent her from being taken and abused as a sex slave. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. You, Paul, show no love whatever to your toddler child, no love whatever, when you refuse to physically fight evil to save her from abuse. Yours failure to put your physical life inbetween evil and your toddler daughter in order to save her is not love, but hatred. You, sir, are afraid, a coward. May God have mercy on your soul.

Blessings.

The conversation has moved @JerryfromMass, the conversation was about being on the end of a gun, now it is fighting for your family.

Being on the end of a gun, I would pray, I would say take me, leave my wife and children, take me.

The conversation has changed somewhat, as you refer to 'fighting' for your family. So lets look at that as a separate item.

Would a parent fight for his or her children yes they would, but what is fighting? You would run after them, you would try your hardest to save them. Would I use a gun, this answer is simple I think, I would not possess a gun so I couldn't use one. You would have a gun, so you would use it.

The issue here is I think, not the circumstances, the issue is the gun, fighting for the right to have a gun, not to give up a gun. The circumstances used as arguments are a million and one, and each circumstance can be used to fit an argument what ever a persons view is. For me I have grown in a country relatively without guns, for you you live in a country that has been brought up to have a gun, whether we accept that or not must influence our decision. The UK has until these last 30-40 years avoided guns, but with the increase in wickedness both guns and knives are now getting to be an everyday occurrence, that said it doesn't change my views regarding the use of guns or knives.

I my friend are not afraid, I am not a coward, as you have so heartlessly stated. As stated above, the circumstances in the argument has changed, there are a million and one circumstances that can be used to express a persons views, and each view is geared not to the circumstances but whether or not people should have guns.

The ones who have guns, are in my view, the frightened ones. Why does a person have a gun. To protect themselves and their family in most instances, so they fear being attacked, they fear their material possessions being stolen, etc.

May the good Lord Bless you my friend, as we discuss these item in His Love.

Shalom

Active
The conversation has moved @JerryfromMass, the conversation was about being on the end of a gun, now it is fighting for your family.

Being on the end of a gun, I would pray, I would say take me, leave my wife and children, take me.

The conversation has changed somewhat, as you refer to 'fighting' for your family. So lets look at that as a separate item.

Would a parent fight for his or her children yes they would, but what is fighting? You would run after them, you would try your hardest to save them. Would I use a gun, this answer is simple I think, I would not possess a gun so I couldn't use one. You would have a gun, so you would use it.

The issue here is I think, not the circumstances, the issue is the gun, fighting for the right to have a gun, not to give up a gun. The circumstances used as arguments are a million and one, and each circumstance can be used to fit an argument what ever a persons view is. For me I have grown in a country relatively without guns, for you you live in a country that has been brought up to have a gun, whether we accept that or not must influence our decision. The UK has until these last 30-40 years avoided guns, but with the increase in wickedness both guns and knives are now getting to be an everyday occurrence, that said it doesn't change my views regarding the use of guns or knives.

I my friend are not afraid, I am not a coward, as you have so heartlessly stated. As stated above, the circumstances in the argument has changed, there are a million and one circumstances that can be used to express a persons views, and each view is geared not to the circumstances but whether or not people should have guns.

The ones who have guns, are in my view, the frightened ones. Why does a person have a gun. To protect themselves and their family in most instances, so they fear being attacked, they fear their material possessions being stolen, etc.

May the good Lord Bless you my friend, as we discuss these item in His Love.

Shalom

I want to make sure I have this right: initially you said "I would never use force of any type against any one. I would not do it to protect myself or my family." Now you say you would use force, just not the force of a firearm. Which is it: no force whatever to save your family or yes some force short of a firearm to save your family.

Blessings

Loyal
I want to make sure I have this right: initially you said "I would never use force of any type against any one. I would not do it to protect myself or my family." Now you say you would use force, just not the force of a firearm. Which is it: no force whatever to save your family or yes some force short of a firearm to save your family.

Blessings

We have moved the goal posts again, first guns, then fighting, now force!

Each of these are different, fighting in itself can be viewed many ways.

I said to your second example...

What is fighting? I explained and said, I wouldn't use a gun, I would not possess a gun, you I feel from your comments possess a gun and would use it.

Now you are referring to using force, what is force? Read what I put, I would run after them to save the person, wife or child, would be not go out for the one sheep of course we would, we would wrestle to save the person or child love, call that fight if you will.

The conversation, as I say, is constantly shifting, first it was about having and using a gun, then it moved to fighting, now to force.

What I am seeing here is they are statements, each from a different angle, but all in the defence of having the right to have and use a gun.

Peace be with you

Active
We have moved the goal posts again, first guns, then fighting, now force!

Each of these are different, fighting in itself can be viewed many ways.

I said to your second example...

What is fighting? I explained and said, I wouldn't use a gun, I would not possess a gun, you I feel from your comments possess a gun and would use it.

Now you are referring to using force, what is force? Read what I put, I would run after them to save the person, wife or child, would be not go out for the one sheep of course we would, we would wrestle to save the person or child love, call that fight if you will.

The conversation, as I say, is constantly shifting, first it was about having and using a gun, then it moved to fighting, now to force.

What I am seeing here is they are statements, each from a different angle, but all in the defence of having the right to have and use a gun.

Peace be with you

It's really a simple question that even an intelligent fellow such as yourself should be able to readily answer: you either stand by your initial statement that you'd not use force OF ANY TYPE, or you don't. However, by your own statements, it appears as though you your convictions on the use of FORCE OF ANY TYPE are not securely and sincerely held. You either use necessary force to save your child or you don't. You either turn the other cheek for it to be smacked or you don't.

Blessings.

Loyal
Your views are set my friend, I have explained my thoughts on holding or using a gun, I have explained the other two exams you stated, all are different, all can have over flowing boundaries. If you do not accept what I have put, which is a different opinion to what you think or want to hear, then we agree to disagree.

Coming back to the original discussion a final time, regarding a gun. I do not agree a gun is necessary, other than for the humane killing of animals for food. He who fights with a sword or any other weapon is likely to die as a result of the weapon of another.

Let us go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

Shalom

Active
Your views are set my friend, I have explained my thoughts on holding or using a gun, I have explained the other two exams you stated, all are different, all can have over flowing boundaries. If you do not accept what I have put, which is a different opinion to what you think or want to hear, then we agree to disagree.

Coming back to the original discussion a final time, regarding a gun. I do not agree a gun is necessary, other than for the humane killing of animals for food. He who fights with a sword or any other weapon is likely to die as a result of the weapon of another.

Let us go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

Shalom
Amen.

Loyal
My husband was big on having a gun in the house, I didn't like it. I wouldn't touch one.

I wouldn't want to be responsible for shooting someone and ending up sending them into eternity, HOWEVER -- there Are other ways of protecting another person. A broom used in an unconventional way Can cause bodily harm. Take a look around your house to see what could be a weapon - if needed.

And there are those who are pacafists by nature.

Back to the original question -- gun control by the government. Dangerous. Police not being able to use guns -- doesn't make sense.

Loyal
They should have mandatory training in the use of rifles and pistols in high school, first showing the safe way to handle a gun, proper loading, how they work. Then from there have everyone fire both a rifle and gun about a dozen times each. It will reduce the fear so many have of guns. More people die of knife wounds than guns anyway, except in war.

Active
Matthew 26:51 And behold, one of those with Jesus extended his hand and drew his sword, and striking the slave of the high priest, cut off his ear.
52 Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place! For all who take up the sword will die by the sword.

Active
Would you ever use deadly force against someone, either to protect your life or that of another? If no, why not? If yes, what circumstance can you see where it would be necessary?
Matthew 5:
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also;
40 and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; 41 and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
42 Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you."

Loyal
They should have mandatory training in the use of rifles and pistols in high school, first showing the safe way to handle a gun, proper loading, how they work. Then from there have everyone fire both a rifle and gun about a dozen times each. It will reduce the fear so many have of guns. More people die of knife wounds than guns anyway, except in war.

Offered, yes, Mandatory , no. Freedom of choice.