• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How often do you sin ?

JOHN 8:7. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them,
"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

>>>

We have all sinned and are in need of salvation, how long have you ever gone WITHOUT SINNING ?

Can you go a whole day without an evil thought or deed?

How about 30 minutes?

Or maybe 30 seconds?

Have you tried just sitting alone, without music, or TV, or talking , and just listening to
THE STILL SMALL VOICE OF GOD ?

>>>

I challenge you >>> sit for 30 minutes with nothing but you, silence, and GOD. (not reading the WORD just sit, and listen)

Dave :')

Last edited:
Reply.

Hello Dave.
I found your post very interesting.
I'm not sure i fully understand the first part of it, about sin. I would hate to miss a good message or word from you, so please explain.

As for challenging us to just sit and quietly receive from God (meditating), it is good of you to remind us all, as I'm sure that i don't do that as much as would be good for me, so thank you for the nudge brother!

I hope to hear back from you soon,
Jesu bless you. :shade:

Good practice in disapline.

Good practice in discipline and Godliness.

Dave777 said:
JOHN 8:7. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them,
"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

>>>

We have all sinned and are in need of salvation, how long have you ever gone WITHOUT SINNING ?

Can you go a whole day without an evil thought or deed?

How about 30 minutes?

Or maybe 30 seconds?

Have you tried just sitting alone, without music, or TV, or talking , and just listening to
THE STILL SMALL VOICE OF GOD ?

>>>

I challenge you >>> sit for 30 minutes with nothing but you, silence, and GOD. (not reading the WORD just sit, and listen)

Dave :')

Proverbs said:
Hello Dave.
I found your post very interesting.
I'm not sure i fully understand the first part of it, about sin. I would hate to miss a good message or word from you, so please explain.

As for challenging us to just sit and quietly receive from God (meditating), it is good of you to remind us all, as I'm sure that i don't do that as much as would be good for me, so thank you for the nudge brother!

I hope to hear back from you soon,
Jesu bless you. :shade:

Dear Proverbs :

There was a woman caught by some self righteous types in JESUS day.

The religious leaders of the day were always trying to trick JESUS
by presenting questions, or situations, such as this one, so that they could accuse HIM of wrongdoing, therefore having an excuse to kill HIM.

GOD's penalty for sin required repentance and a blood sacrifice to cover for
that sin.

She was caught having a sexual relationship with another man that she was not married to. The LAW said that she had to be stoned for this sin.

JESUS challenged them and allowed whoever was without sin, to cast the first stone. Since none of them were perfect, all walked away.

Definition of sin >>> Anything that goes counter to the will of GOD or GOD's LAW, or GOD's WORD.

>>>

Leviticus 20 : 10 `If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

<<<<

Penalty of sin >>> death

<<<

Forgiveness of sin >>> blood sacrifice

<<<<

To cover for sin in before JESUS was sacrificed and shed HIS BLOOD, and gave HIS LIFE
GOD commanded the sacrifice of quality animals to be killed, and their blood to be shed,
by priest who had to do it in a HOLY manner (acceptable to GOD).

Exodus 30:10 "Aaron shall make atonement on its horns once a year; he shall make atonement on it with the blood of the sin offering of atonement once a year throughout your generations. It is most holy to the LORD."

JESUS CHRIST paid the penalty that we might live, IN FULFILLMENT OF THE LAW

Romans 5

1. Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

2. through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

3. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;

4. and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;

5. and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

7. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.

8. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. <<< JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD

10. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

11. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

12. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

13. for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. <<< BREAKING OF GOD'S LAW BROUGHT THE PENALTY OF DEATH

14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

15. But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

16. The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.

17. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

18. So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.
19. For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

20. The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

21. so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

JESUS CHRIST fulfilled the requirements of THE LAW, being THE PERFECT SACRIFICIAL LAMB, WHO, from that point forward
we were to look to for SALVATION.

>>>>>>>

1 JOHN 1 :

1. What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life--

2. and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us--

3. what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.

4. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

5. This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

6. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;

7. but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. <<<<<<<

8. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

<<<<<<<

Therefore since WE ARE ALL SINNERS we all need to be saved from the penalty of sin >>> death and eternal separation from GOD in a
literal BURNING HELL , where we are in the constant state of torment FOREVER.

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

If then , Proverbs , understanding what sin is , and the penalty of sin, and understanding what JESUS has done for us all,
do you see yourself as a sinner?

Are you regretful of your sin?

Willing to struggle against bad and do good ?

Do you believe in JESUS as GOD, born of a virgin, who never sinned, performed many miracles, and GAVE HIMSELF
TO DIE ON A CROSS, becoming the final fulfillment of GOD's LAW for A PERFECT SACRIFICE
TO END ALL SACRIFICE , BY THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD ?

If so you have become a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, saved by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB WHO LIVES FOREVER.

Welcome to Eternity, to Eternal life, to service to GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

WELCOME HOME

dave :'>

Reply.

Hello Dave.
I'm very sorry brother, i was not very clear in my post to you about what i did not understand.
Thank you so very much for your answer, as it was very informative and helpful, but i should have written that i don't understand why you asked those questions about sin, not that i don't understand the scripture.
I am very sorry for not being clear enough, my fault entirely.
Jesu bless you, Dave.

Administrator
Staff Member
Great post Dave. It is clearly difficult to not sin in such a unhealthy world we live in today. We can of course enjoy moments solely with GOD like you mentioned. I find this to be awesome whether reading, praying or playing guitar for example.

GOD is awesome!

i think it woudl be interesting to see how long i coudl go for with out sinnine... LOL prob not that long because your Subconcious Mind is alway ticking over and thinkingn about somehtgin that we cannot really controll. hence the reason it is our Sub Concious... lol

but with me conciously doing what i wanna do i will try it for 10 mins maby then grow it to 30... lol gotta start some where right so i am goign to start small...

Love Simon!!!

Dwell on these things

Proverbs said:
Hello Dave.
I'm very sorry brother, i was not very clear in my post to you about what i did not understand.
Thank you so very much for your answer, as it was very informative and helpful, but i should have written that i don't understand why you asked those questions about sin, not that i don't understand the scripture.
I am very sorry for not being clear enough, my fault entirely.
Jesu bless you, Dave.

Proverbs, my mistake, my misunderstanding of your question.

Why did I ask these questions about sin?

In order to challenge people to examine themselves. In order that people could/would see what their resistance to sin really was. I am attempting
to strengthen myself in the area of temptation by resisting sin and fighting the good fight. I try to go for longer and longer periods of time without sinning
and as a result i can get stronger by trying to resist longer.

It is an act of the will that we do not sin. By consciously resisting and struggling
we become more aware of the enemy ( i use the word "enemy" rather than "devil" as the enemy can be ourselves, other people, and demons )
and their methods of subtle (thought) and not so subtle (people inciting lust) actions.

Evil thoughts will pop into our heads. As long as we do not embrace these thoughts and entertain them, but immediately reject them, it is not sin.

When we generate evil thoughts or mull over evil deeds it becomes sin when we agree with the thought and marry it.

Therefore the greatest battle to not sin is to not entertain evil thoughts.
Which is why these verses are so important.

PHILIPPIANS 4

4. Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
5. Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

<<< Dwell on these things.

Dave :'>

Amen Brother

Chad said:
Great post Dave. It is clearly difficult to not sin in such a unhealthy world we live in today. We can of course enjoy moments solely with GOD like you mentioned. I find this to be awesome whether reading, praying or playing guitar for example.

GOD is awesome!

Yep. If we never had evil thoughts we would sure sin less.

That sorta leads to the subject of failing to DO GOOD
when we know we should.

Sins of NOT DOING, a whole 'nother subject !

Dave :^) :email: :note: :eek:mg:

your Subconcious Mind is alway ticking over

ICHTHUS said:
i think it woudl be interesting to see how long i coudl go for with out sinnine... LOL prob not that long because your Subconcious Mind is alway ticking over and thinkingn about somehtgin that we cannot really controll. hence the reason it is our Sub Concious... lol

but with me conciously doing what i wanna do i will try it for 10 mins maby then grow it to 30... lol gotta start some where right so i am goign to start small...

Love Simon!!!

Exactly >>> The subconscious mind is always ticking over.

Which is why the need to shut out music, reading, noise, and distractions
when you sit in your thirty minutes of silence, in order to do surgery on
the evil thoughts and reject them, or reconcile them, until you are strong
enough to block evil and only think of the GOOD THINGS and GOD.

Keep up the good fight Simon,

Dave :'> :thumbs_up

Jude 1:24

Jude says that God is able to keep one from falling, and to present one "spotless" before the presence of His Glory. Do you believe that? i do. There is a way without sin. There is a path where God can keep one from sinning. i have found it, and am going on more than three years without sinning. oh, and by the way, an evil thought itself is not a sin, as long as you take it captive, and God gives one a buffer zone, with which a person can decide to either reject the thought or play with it and entertain it.

Administrator
Staff Member
Mary please clarify something here. Your saying you've literally went 3+ years without committing a single sin? Are you sure about that? I find that hard to absorb.

So in the last 3+ yrs you have not done ANY of these below?

lied
judged
hated / grudged against someone
lust

By saying you have not sinned in 3+ yrs your basically saying you are perfect.

Please clarify if I'm understanding correctly or not.

Administrator
Staff Member
Can someone else provide their input on this? I hope I am not reading blindly but does anyone feel the way I do about Mary's post? Sister, no offense towards you. I am just trying to understand what you've said and also make sure there is no false motives.

I have to watch over everything here at Talk Jesus. Its my responsiblity with my awesome GOD.

Chad said:
Can someone else provide their input on this? I hope I am not reading blindly but does anyone feel the way I do about Mary's post? Sister, no offense towards you. I am just trying to understand what you've said and also make sure there is no false motives.

I have to watch over everything here at Talk Jesus. Its my responsiblity with my awesome GOD.

yeah Chadi your onto somethgin there. i mean yeah what you have bought up does seem some what a serious issue. i find it hard to Absorbe also. i mean if your near some one and they swear. what do you do with it. you instantly think how rude or somethgin liek that which means you woudl have processed the word in your mind saying it because you herd it in your subconcious... if you can controll your own subconcious they you can choose what you want to dream at night and you can chhose if you want to pass out or be knocked out basically what your saying is that. God is helping you now for 3 years with out basically talkign to people... that is one basic way you could look @ it i am sorry but i am not thinking i will Absorbe what you have sed Mary. but yeah.. my thoughts for you Chadi..

Love Simon!!!

P:S; i am not tryign to be Offencive about it either chadi. lol so yeah but you did ask for our thought's..

Hmm

I think if we can be tempted to sin but resist with God's help(maybe temptations not the sin but giving into it is).

I think sins can be absolved if we confess them to God.

But I think we can sin/hurt by being inactive/not doing enough...

So I sin daily and pray that God opens my eyes to any hurt or sin I have inflicted upon others without my realising.

He died to take the responsibility of sin from us but we are still sinful by nature. If we were free from sin, non-believers would judge us less but we walk a tougher walk as we must strive to be lead away from the temptations to sin and be better servants of God.

I know little but I think freedom from sin and freedom from sinning are far apart.

Sin free????

Chad I also am having a hard time with the not sinning for three years. Sister you say you have found the way can you maybe explain it a little more for us her. Joyfully ~ Jlu

I don't believe you.

Marysangel said:
...There is a path where God can keep one from sinning. i have found it, and am going on more than three years without sinning...

Sister,
If you have found a path where God keeps you from sinning for 3 years. Then why are you not on every mountain top screaming at the top of your lungs about this?! Why do you keep it a secret? [I believe it is because you have sinned.]You should put it on banners along every highway in the world! Every blimp should scroll the location/directions to this path! You should be on every talkshow, and news program! Every newspaper and magazine for the last 3 years should be telling your story! I want to be on the same path as you sister. Please tell us more![To be clear, I think you are either lieing, missled, or we missundersood you.]
I truly need Gods help to stop sinning. I can not think of a single day where I have not sinned. It may have happened, but I don't recall any. I so wish I could please God, and turn from sin so successfully. You must tell us your secret!

Mother Theresa, the First to present Pope, Paul, John, Peter, Matthew, and every apostle, disciple, and follower of Jesus from the very beginning has sinned. The first man and woman ever sinned, and every offspring from then forward has sin upon them. No man is without sin. But here is you. Perfect for 3 years running now. Awesome! Just what every Christian ever has wanted to accomplish...a perfect life. Please tell us more.

God bless us all. May we all see the light of His glory, and not be covered in a shadow. Let us not fear evil, but instead have trust in the Lord Jesus to keep us from evil. All things work for the Glory of God for the believer. All will be revealed. Praise God!

Just about everyone knows the ten commandments, but their are over 600 commands given to us in the word. I doubt that our sister knows all of them, and weather or not she had even broken them. I know that I don't know every command.

For His glory,
Nigh

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Its clearly obvious that the person is not correct on this. No one on earth but Jesus Christ walked sinless and every day of His life as well for that matter. No human being can possibly go 3+ years of being "perfect" in such a disastrous sinful wicked world today. I dare say not even a single day unless you spend the entire day itself alone with GOD. Otherwise, how then?

Will you be able to be in public without feeling a bit of ungodly thoughts towards a stranger, foe or even friend (deliberate thought, not the thoughts that come by themselves). Will you be able to not tell a single hint of a little white lie (pay attention carefully to every word you say and you will be surprised - sometimes)? Will you be able to be 100% selfless, 100% like Jesus Christ.

Will you be perfect like GOD the entire day, 24hrs?

1 John 1:8
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

John 8:7
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Marysangel said:
Jude says that God is able to keep one from falling, and to present one "spotless" before the presence of His Glory. Do you believe that? i do. There is a way without sin. There is a path where God can keep one from sinning. i have found it, and am going on more than three years without sinning. oh, and by the way, an evil thought itself is not a sin, as long as you take it captive, and God gives one a buffer zone, with which a person can decide to either reject the thought or play with it and entertain it.

I believe that we can SIN LESS if we struggle.

I do not believe that we can walk in perfection without sin ( zero sin)
while we are still in unglorified bodies in a sinful world.

Even if we committed no sin by action , we still commit sins through inaction.
(not giving, not helping, not praying, not believing, not visiting, not caring,
not defending, not speaking up or speaking out, in general not doing good when we know that it within our means, and within our power to do so).

The Bible is plain as to our sinful condition.

>>>>

1 JOHN 1

8. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

<<<

We are in a fallen condition, and although redeemed by the blood of THE LAMB, JESUS CHRIST,
we are still able to sin, still being tempted, and still in need of further confession of sin. We are in a struggle
against sin, and should strive to not sin, but the reality is, we still stumble.

>>>>

ROMANS 7

14. For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

15. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

16. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

17. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

18. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

19. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

20. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

22. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,

23. but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

24. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

25. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Last edited: