• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How long do I pay the price

I sinned like we all do but I want to know how long after someone repents and stops doing that sin should we pay for that sin. Like a year later and people still judging us for what we did. Am I wrong for being upset or is it my fault in the first place for doing the sin... then in ten years should I except someone judging me for that same sin.

The only one you need to be right with is Jesus. It is the ones who will not forgive you that have a problem with Jesus. And you also will have a problem with Jesus if you decide to do as they have and not forgiving others.

We do not repent for the acceptance of Humans. That can be a great bonus if they do. But the main reason we repent and turn to Jesus is to be right with God in eternity.

I hope the people who are holding back from you because of your past sin will be convicted in their hearts to do as Jesus told them.

Blessing to you.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

if you asked god for forgiveness then you are forgiven.. god will forget your sin.. but sometimes ppl wont.. i have old sins brought up by ppl from things that happened in my teens every now and then, but i know i am forgiven of them.. the devil loves throwing the past in our face... as for people judging you.. well their judgement means nothing!

PRAISE GOD! BLESSED ART THO MR POPPLES WHEN YOU ARE PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTOUSNESS SAKE .JESUS PAID THE PRICE .THERE IS THEREFORE NO CONDEMNATION TO THEM THAT ARE IN CHRIST JESUS.LOVE\o/

You are forgiven as our brothers and sisters have said and dont worry about what people think(easier said then done I know lol) when people start juding you thats when you pray even harder for them!!! God Bless you :girl_hug:

You know Eric it's tough because of our own sin we still judge and want the person to be hurt for what we may have done. By no means is that okay to keep bringing it up but we are human and still sin. Wish there was an easy answer brother. I think the thing we must focus on is that God has forgiven us and when we repent means we have turned away from that sin and will not do it anymore. Our sin in God's eyes (when we have repented) is as far away as the east is from the west. When you feel bad about something you may have done and said to God "why did I do that? I really hurt someone" etc, God's response will be "What sin? What are you talking about son?" Our sin is gone in God's eyes, never to be used again against us. The devil however, remembers and wants us to get down on ourselves and punish ourselves, but we are washed by the blood that Christ poured out for us.
People do no see as God sees. How we view ourselves and how God views us are very different. Be strong brother.

Hey, just saw today's verse on the screen and it is Ps. 103:12
lol God has a sense of homour...

TODAY'S VERSE
As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:12/NIV

God bless you Eric, We love you

mymakersdaughter said:
Hey, just saw today's verse on the screen and it is Ps. 103:12
lol God has a sense of homour...

TODAY'S VERSE
As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:12/NIV

AMEN I agree :love:

Administrator
Staff Member
Like everyone basically said, summed it up:

If you sincerely ask them for forgiveness, you've done right. If they refuse to forgive or not (as difficult as it may be), they will or will not be forgiven for their sins either. You'd done what GOD asked of you in the first place.

mrpopples said:
I sinned like we all do but I want to know how long after someone repents and stops doing that sin should we pay for that sin. Like a year later and people still judging us for what we did. Am I wrong for being upset or is it my fault in the first place for doing the sin... then in ten years should I except someone judging me for that same sin.
The forgiveness issue has been addressed already, shame on whoever has held this issue against you. Sometimes the consequence of our disobedience is not alleviated at the time forgiveness is obtained. The bible is full of such stories. Achan, Moses, Aaron and his sons, David and so on. The only payment for any sin is death and that my brother has already been paid for us all by Christ on the cross. If in your situation, trust was violated, then you will need to be patient and do everything you can to restore that trust by showing fruits of faithfulness. You see we are commanded to forgive but we are not commanded to trust in anyone. We are encouraged by the Word of God to trust in the Lord, so again patience, faithfulness and all the other fruits of the Spirit being manifested in and through you are key to rebuilding the damaged relationship. If this does not apply to your situation than you don't have anything eles you can do concerning this except put it into the Lords hands and pray for whoever is struggling with forgiving you. God bless you and keep you brother.

Last edited:
mrpopples said:
hey mrpopples just a thought in addition to what everyone else has said.While its true that God forgives and forgets our sins we cant get away from the fact that the bible also says you reap what you sew.It could be an unwanted pregnancy from an night of sinful passion or even a sexual disease.We could get any number of diseases from abusing our bodies(from smoking,drugs etc).I know this isnt the same as being judged but often we have to pay the price for sinful conduct.Believe me this is coming from someone who knows.Just a thought.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
Acts 9

thankyou to everyone that replied It has given me alot of encouragement can you imagine without having god in your life and see it by a non christians point of view.

Everyone chimed in on this one. It's a tough one, but it's true as long as God forgives you, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, because people will talk, and if you wait for them to allow peace to come over it, it will never come. You have to accept the forgiveness that God gives you, and leave it at that. As for the others who haven't gotten over it, just pray for them, but don't allow them to abuse you. Pray for them in love, and leave it to God! God bless you!

As sparky mentioned, in/from our sin, we "...reap what we sow." Sin doesn't escape the eyes of God, but man does't let you forget it either. The sowing is forgotten, hidden, and buried on our part/from our past, but fruit springs up later and in abundance...many times everlasting fruit that is a constant reminder of the sin(s). Sin teaches more than we want to know, costs us more than we want to pay, keeps us longer than we want to stay...but thank GOD, we ARE forgiven by the blood of the Lamb of GOD, when we acknowledge that sin and ask HIM to cleanse it with HIS BLOOD. It amazes me how GOD can take a BLACK heart(blackened with sin), cover it with RED blood(HIS sacrificial BLOOD shed freely for us at Calvary), and it becomes as WHITE as snow...there is nothing whiter than snow. Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Forgiveness is assured on GOD'S part...Paslm 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Ephesians 1:7, "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
We are to forgive others, but it doesn't say others will forgive us...this is sad, but true. We have to realize that we do not live for others, anyway, and we cannot/never will please them nor get them to forget. They will continue to "watch" us to see if we slip up again. We have to ask GOD to keep us close and help us make the right choices, stay in the word, hide it in our heart that it might shine from our life, love and pray for those who hurt us and go on for the LORD. We cannot change the past, but can learn from it and move on toward GOD and our walk with HIM. May GOD bless and guide you.

This is a tough subject. I always remind myself that not to look at myself or someone else as us humans do, but to look at ourselves and others as jesus does. That is a great feeling. I love this site and I love JESUS!!! Amen to all my brothers and sisters.....:)

mrpopples said:
Read Rom 8:1. A condemned man is one who carries his guilt and his punishment. Jesus carried your guilt and your punishment on the cross. You dare not take it up again!! Confess according to 1John 1:9, and believe that you are forgiven and cleansed, for God is no liar. Once you believe that, the act like it, in spite of your feelings. Do not let feelings hold you in guilt!
If you have been to these people and asked their forgiveness, one of two scenarios can prevail:
1. They forgive you - then accept it joyfully, and continue in their friendship.
2. They don't forgive you. Pray for them, because, you are exonerated, and the matter now lies between them and God, not you. You need to continue to show them grace and love, and gentleness, and compassion, not because they have a relationship with Christ, but because you do!! :thumbs_up