• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How Jesus Saved Me in Jail, Hallelujia!

Hello, My name is Matt, I currently live in Joplin, MO. I had a great childhood of playing outside in the dirt and creek doing boy stuff. Even though my mom was single and made little money, I didn't notice and was a happy kid. She took me and my sister to church every Sunday. When I became a teen I disliked going to church more and more. I ignored God in my life and started turning my thoughts to myself. All through high school I did everything my "friends" did so I could be accepted by them. This included smoking weed, smoking cigarettes, drinking and stealing. When I was 19 I had my own apartment. One night I was having a big party and for some reason felt like praying to God when going to bed that night. Take in mind I didn't even believe in God, but I said.."Just in case you can even hear me right now, I was to say to you that I want to live this lifestyle because it's fun, and if you want me to be religious (this was my view of Christianity) then I'll do that later in life. But for now I'm going to live like this." One week later I found myself in jail with my roommate because we got arrested for drugs and alcohol in our car. The jail was very hellish and was the lowest point of life I had ever been in. I couldn't go any lower, that was it. I realized this is where the path I asked God for had led to, and that's when Jesus Christ started working in me. There was a Bible there in the jail cell and I decided to start reading it. Every verse I turned to was answering all the questions I had been asking myself about God and spirituality my whole life. I felt a passion to learn more and more and didn't want to stop reading. That Sunday a pastor from a nearby church came to our cell and gave a church service to us (there were 15 of us in 1 cell). That whole weekend it had been cloudy and gloomy, I could tell because barely any light was coming through the tiny windows at the top of the cell wall. But when that service started it was sunny and light flooded the whole jail cell. It was when I was standing up and singing a hymn that Jesus Christ spoke to me saying, "If you follow me, I will get you out of this jail and give you a new life." I accepted Jesus Christ right then and there and received The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit awaked me to His truth and sent a strong tingling feeling inside me. I know God doesn't always do this when he gives The Holy Spirit, but it happened to me. It might have been because I, for the first time, realized God was real and He was also speaking to me! It was such a powerful moment I will never ever forget it! From then on I was completely changed and just wanted to learn more about Jesus Christ and what my found life was all about. The next day I called my dad, who lived a couple of hours from the jail, and told him where I was, he was very peaceful with me. My bail was $1500, and he told me he just so happened to put $1500 in his bank account 2 days prior!! He didn't make much money so this was a big deal to him, yet he never complained to me about bailing me out. This was the first time I had seen God's planning at work. It was all planned! When I finally got home I told me my mom and stepdad what had happened, and they rejoiced and couldn't have been any prouder. They had been praying for my salvation for so many years and I didn't even know it. I told the complete truth to my boss and still got to keep my job even! Even more...with much, much prayer... I got off clean from my charges and didn't have to go back to jail or serve a sentence, it's hasn't shown up on my record when applying for jobs. God is so powerful! I thank Jesus Christ every day for all the things He gives me, uses me for, and most of all for who He is.

Fantastic testimony! It perfectly made my day. God IS powerful!!! But He does let us hit rock bottom sometimes, a very necessary step. He has His ways to get our attention. I'm really glad I read your story and will follow up with any others because I'm quite sure the Lord will mightily use you.