• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How hard do you think it is to make it to heaven? Let’s talk!

Let’s talk!

How hard do you think it is to make it to heaven? How do you know you’re going there? And if you think you’re going, may I ask, how do you know for sure? What if your wrong?

To be honest, I don’t think I’m going. I think it’s super hard to make it! I have so much sin in my life and I’m not repenting, from what I can see. I have been born again, but I don’t know what happened. It feels like the Holy Spirit left me.. and that’s why I may not be repenting and being the way I was before this started. I may be reprobate. It’s like I see my sin and I’m not even bothered to repent.

God doesn’t convict me. So that may mean I’m doomed. I don’t know. So this is why I don’t think I’m going to heaven. I have more confidence that I’m going to hell than going to heaven. I’d like to see what hell is like. Maybe that will scare me into repenting. I’m also curious to see what hell is like. I know it’s a place of torture, and I don’t want to be tortured, but I’m just wondering.

Loyal
Briana N. --- God's Word tells us all we really need to know about both heaven and hell.

God's Word tells us that Nothing 'we' can do will ever be good enough to 'get to heaven' on our own. God / Jesus Christ as already done everything needed -- for us -- for 'us' To be able to go to heaven.

I've already accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior a long time ago -- as a teenager. The Holy Spirit came to indwell my heart at that very moment, Inner peace.

Romans 10:9 - 10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." vs 13 of that chapter "For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Everyone has sin in their lives -- part of being human. Why Aren't you repenting. You know if you're repenting or not. It would seem that the Holy Spirit has been working in your heart or you wouldn't be asking or concerned.

Satan is the one trying to convince you that your are doomed.

Isn't it enough to know that it's a lake of fire and brimstone that lasts forever? "we" are used to a fire eventually going out -- Or the people involved In the fire - dying of smoke inhalation. Lots of people die in house fires -- the air they inhale has toxic fumes from whatever is burning and the person dies from that smoke. On the Other hand -- a person lights a candle -- if we get the match stick too close to our fingers , we feel the heat and will pull away from the flame. Just the intense heat will cause mild burns. But if someone purposely held your hand in that flame of fire -- there would be intense pain.

In the New Testament there is the case of the rich man and Lazarus -- the rich man ends up dying as does Lazarus -- unfortunately the rich man ends up in hell -- Abrahams' bosom . He's suffering -- asks for just a drop of water on his tongue and then requests that someone go warn his brothers about is going to happen to Them if they don't straighten out. He was told NO. Because Everyone in This life-time has enough knowledge to make their decision about eternity. But when we actually Do get there -- if it's hell we get into -- no matter How much we regret our decision while on earth and alive -- it's forever too late To change our mind.

Sounds like if satan has his way with your heart -- he will have you 'wondering' about it until the day you die. And then , all of a sudden , you'll Be there.

OR you can simply continue to talk and talk with whomever will listen about your situation. Get lots of sympathy in the process. Is that what you're really looking for -- sympathy / attention? Not trying to sound mean-spirited. Just concerned.

Active
If someone says that they sin so bad, most of the time it's just the devil accusing. I got saved as a teenager. Gave my heart to the Lord every week. Prayed the sinner's prayer every week. Because that pastor said you had to if you had sinned. I didn't know he wanted a guy there to repent who went on a holiday to have sex with multiple women. I had just gotten mad or something. At last he ignored me when I put up my hand to pray the salvation prayer.