• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How Does the Father Wants Us To Come to Him in Worship By?

Active
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus said it; He meant it; not just about salvation, but in regards to prayer, fellowship, and worship.

Prayer: Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV

Fellowship: 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 KJV & 1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV & 1 John 1:3 KJV

Worship: Philippians 2:5-13 KJV

Is the Holy Spirit included in this worship? No. He is God, but the Father's will is this in all things.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

The Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God, but He dwells in us to testify of the Son in order to glorify the Son and He does that through us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning..

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Holy Spirit cannot lead a believer to testify of Himself in seeking His own glory; John 5:31 KJV & John 7:18 KJV

By the Holy Spirit's testimony within us and our testimony as He leads us to speak of the Son in seeking His glory, by His words, our testimony is true because we have to share the same testimony for our testimony to be true. John 8:17 KJV

That includes what we say and sing in worship as we are led by the Spirit of God to honor the Son in glorifying the Son in worship and by Him honor and glorify the Father as well. This is the obedience Paul spoken of in having that mind of when coming to the Father in worship in that reference below.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Religious christians should have all their hopes on Him as our Good Shepherd for helping us to follow Him because we are the work of His hands as we can only follow Him by faith in order to please God. Hebrews 11:6 KJV

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

There is no other way to come to God the Father by in worship; John 10:1 KJV

The Nicene creed of 325 A.D. had broadened the way in coming to God for worship by including the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son as prophesied by Jesus; Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

It is time for believers to be led by the Spirit of God and His words to narrow the way back to the Son in honoring Him in worship for He is the only way to honor and glorify the Father in worship. Luke 13:24 KJV

Active
I am not so clued up on Nicene creed but do recall there have been problems with some creeds.

I do think there has been a kind of worship of the holy spirit in some branches of christendom so it is concern eg Bethel.

The holy spirit does not speak of himself only of Jesus.

As far as I know, and have done a bit of research, there was a charismatic movement in the past that emphasied gifts of the spirit but some people went overboard and bought into different spirits. Maybe they werent believers in the first place. We are to worship Him in spirit and in truth, we are not to worship spirits. Thats the difference perhaps.

Many worship songs these days seem to be all about the holy spirit, well yea but its Jesus we ought to be naming above all names!

Many worship songs these days seem to be all about the holy spirit, well yea but its Jesus we ought to be naming above all names!

True on both counts, but I don't think that the first part of your statement is necessarily a bad thing. Father, Son, And Spirit, all the same God. I matter not (to me, anyways) which one of the three I'm singing to, because they are all God. There are worship songs out there that exalt the Father and the Son as well. Many of them sung by the same people.

Active
I am not so clued up on Nicene creed but do recall there have been problems with some creeds.

I do think there has been a kind of worship of the holy spirit in some branches of christendom so it is concern eg Bethel.

The holy spirit does not speak of himself only of Jesus.

As far as I know, and have done a bit of research, there was a charismatic movement in the past that emphasied gifts of the spirit but some people went overboard and bought into different spirits. Maybe they werent believers in the first place. We are to worship Him in spirit and in truth, we are not to worship spirits. Thats the difference perhaps.

You are correct that the Holy Spirit in us would not speak of Himself ( John 5:31 KJV ) in seeking His own glory but of the Son in seeking His ( John 7:18 KJV & John 3:28-30 KJV ). He is the Divine Witness and why He will not defer from His task.

The apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them ( 1 John 4:1-6 KJV ) as there will be supernatural encounters apart from salvation that would and could lead a saved believer astray into thinking that was the Holy Spirit coming over them when He was already in them as promised when they had come to & believed in Jesus Christ to be saved. The so called "second Blessing" is the very encounter by which many tongue speakers today have gained their supernatural tongue by which is not of other men's lips to speak unto the people, but is just vain & profane babbling ( Isaiah 8:19 KJV ). By that extra phenomenon, the saved believers that have erred are misleading others to seek to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation in order to get that kind of tongue that never comes with interpretation ( 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV & 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV ).

Now some modern tongue speakers will reprove wild encounters like "slain in the spirit" or "holy laughter" movement as not of Him, but they follow the same rudiment in how they seek that second blessing. So this other calling or that second blessing does not stop there with that supernatural tongue as found in the world, but continues to seek after the receiving of the Holy Spirit again and again and again after other sensational signs in the flesh.

That is why the indwelling holy Spirit would never speak of Himself in seeking glory for Himself or drawing attention to Himself or lead believers to seek after Him for a sign, but the spirit of the antichrists would. The Holy Spirit in us will always lead believers abiding in him to keep the spotlight & focus on the Son in worship so that when and if ever a spirit visit the place, saved believers will know that was not the Holy Spirit at all. But when the narrow way to worship has been broadened like that to include the worship of the Holy Spirit or even the "blessed Trinity", then whenever the focus is on the Holy Spirit on worship, even to honor Him in worship, when the spirits come with their signs, they will think that was the Holy Spirit, because they were addressing Him and that had happened. Even Protestant churches that ask for the Holy Spirit to come to the worship place, some of those churches had opened themselves up to the "holy laughter" movement in 1994 to occur in their church.

So that is why it is very important to narrow the way back to the straight gate as many will claim they drank and eatened in His Presence at communion as if the bread and the wine is His actual body and blood instead of a remembrance of Him in what He has done in having made us His; Luke 13:24-30 KJV Some will attest to signs and miracles in His name while calling for the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them in Matthew 7:21-23 KJV but Jesus points out that by broadening the way in the worship place ( Matthew 7:13-14 KJV ) is why many saints are falling down for not heeding His words in keeping their eyes solely on the Bridegroom. ( Matthew 7:24-27 KJV )

Some are about the Trinity as if that is the "name" of God that God wants to be glorified by.

Scripture ( John 5:39-40 KJV ) & the indwelling Holy Spirit will testify of the Son ( John 15:26 KJV ) in seeking the glory of the Son ( John 16:13-14 KJV ) and the Spirit can only do that through us in worship ( John 15:27 KJV & Philippians 2:5-13 KJV )

So Jesus meant what He had said in how we are to come to God the Father by... and that is by the only way of the Son ( John 14:6 KJV ) because climbing up any other way around the Son ( John 10:1 KJV ) dishonors the Son and the Father ( John 5:22-23 KJV.)

Believers and churches need to narrow the way back to the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Even this forum as "TalkJesus" needs to keep the focus only on the Son in seeking His glory, preaching Jesus Christ & Him crucified, and no other calling, no other filling, no other gospel for a believer NOT to move away from their rest in Him.

Active
So...you're saying that worshiping Jehovah (who is God), dishonors Jesus (who is also God)?

Ooookay

How is it that you misunderstood what I have shared by the scripture for what I am sharing in the OP?

You cannot honor nor glorify the Father by honoring & glorifying the Father, because His glory is in His Son.

John 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

By honoring & glorifying the Son, that is how you are honoring & glorifying the Father.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Now are you going to hold with errant traditions or to His words in how you are to honor God by? If you set the example that you go by the scripture and not by errant creeds that started that errant practice, then maybe Catholics will too.

That is what the indwelling Holy Spirit has been sent to do and He will not go against scripture by leading believers to honor and glorify Himself as the Holy Spirit.

Only errant men by the Nicene creed and since then are doing that and not by the scripture nor by the indwelling holy Spirit in them. ( Not saying He is not in them, but certainly not being led by the Spirit of God in according to the scripture in the OP to do that. )

Pray about this, brother.

If you speak against those wild encounters in those movement of the "Spirit", then broadening the way in the worship place is how the "holy laughter" movement went across the denomenation in 1994 in Protestant and Catholic churches as no longer just happening in Pentecostal/Charismatic churches. They addressed the Holy Spirit in worship as some leaders act like they have power to fling the Holy Spirit unto people, causing them to fall back in having uncontrollable laughter.

So if it should happen in your church when they honor the Holy Spirit in worship, and suddenly, people start falling down and do all kinds of crazy stuff in confusion which God is not the author of, how are you going to tell them that was not the Holy Spirit when you were only honoring Him in worship? You can't if you maintain that broad way in how you come to God the Father by in worship which includes the worship of the Holy Spirit.

The only way to reprove is by the scripture and Jesus meant what He has said in John 14:6 KJV in how any believer can come to God the father by in worship; not by way of the Holy Spirit nor the "Trinity" but the only way of the Son.