• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How do you use the Bible to overcome hardships you face in life today?

Hello all!

I hope your weeks is going well :)
I am currently facing some personal hardships in my life right now. With this entire pandemic, I know I am not the only one struggling, and I don't want to seem selfish asking for help. Yet, I think it would really inspire me to read how you all are able to use the scriptures in the Bible to overcome obstacles you face on a daily basis :) thank you!

Dear Chrys, I'm so delighted to hear of your reliance on our Heavenly Father to help you through this time! And you're doing it well, by keeping in the Scriptures! Just reading His Word regularly through this difficult time is a huge help, because, by doing this, you are putting physical effort into your mental prayers! By keeping in the Word, you're focusing yourself on the Divine Helper! You're showing Him your faith in what He says. You may not realize it, but, by reading His Word this way, you're already doing what He's directing you to do, to help you through this time!

You can take comfort, also, in the fact that in what you read in the Word today, has something that will help you TODAY! Our Saviour has directed you to the passage(s) of Scripture that will help you! The Holy Spirit guides us without our even realizing it!

Our Heavenly Father works in our life in ways perhaps less obvious than our human mind is wishing and expecting, but He's accomplishing, even now, in you, far more than our human mind can realize!

Even BEFORE you called on Him, He began answering you!

It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24

The LORD Is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. Psalm 145:18

So, be at peace, my friend, our Heavenly Father is even NOW working for you! You have it made! Keep reading His Word. Keep praying. And wait, and see the salvation of your God!

My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, And My arms will judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait upon Me, And on My arm they will trust. Isaiah 51:5

Your brother in Christ,

Glen

Hello all!

I am currently facing some personal hardships in my life right now. With this entire pandemic, I know I am not the only one struggling, and I don't want to seem selfish asking for help. Yet, I think it would really inspire me to read how you all are able to use the scriptures in the Bible to overcome obstacles you face on a daily basis :) thank you!
mhm sorry to hear that things are going difficult. we are all in this together, especially as fellow believers. the scriptures god has given us are his words and his heart. thru his word we are able to understand better the hope we have if we carry out a proper life of faith. finding strength even in difficult times and always remembering why we are believers :)

Hello all!

I think as we continue to grow more in faith and wisdom we can truly overcome, God is the one who strengthens us through his word to help us have a hope that strengthen us, Romans 16 and Hebrews 11 are good scriptures to read, I hope this helps :)

Currently reading the book of Acts and the epistles. They write a lot of encouragement of the early believers and remind them of the gospel that was preached to them. It's easy to slip into ungodly thoughts and be tainted by the world we live and breathe in. Also prayer is very powerful when you ask God to lead your footsteps and immerse yourself in the Word He has provided to us :)