• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How Do You Know You Have The Correct Navigation To The (True Scripture)

Now in terms of dealing with scripture, what are we supposed 2 do if we’re not sure about something? Are we then 2 use our own conjecture?

Or are we 2 do what it says in Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths”

Now are u looking 2 the lord? Are u asking him 2 show u the way and 2 construct ur path, are u praying 2 God constantly? Even just speaking 2 him daily, I certainly am dats why I have this doctrine.

Uno the bible says tho’s that do the will of God shall receive his doctrine john 7:16-17

Are u doing the the will of the father? Are u keeping his commandments, or are u still sinning? I guess it clearly shows here who has the true doctrine.

If ur sinning then not only do u not have true doctrine but you don’t know God according 2 Jeremiah 9:3, tho’s who know God keep his commandments Jeremiah 31:31-34, I myself don’t sin and I live a holy, soberly life according 2 the scriptures.

And if I do sin (unwilfully) I have an advocate with the father. He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. john 2:1-2

But if wilfully and if we exhausted the holy spirit and trample Gods grace theres not many chances after that, Hebrews 10:26-27, 2 peter 2:21-22

tho’s dat do his will hear from him, john 8:47, those that he hears are tho’s who do his will, John 9:31, tho’s that know his secret fear him, pslams 25:14

Are u denying the lusts of the flesh, are u denying the world, are u fasting, are u sacrificing? These things allow the holy spirit 2 work in u more smoothly and 2 sanctify you quicker.

Loyal
If ur sinning then not only do u not have true doctrine but you don’t know God

first let me say I am with you, we should not be sinning, but what about the babe that just became a Christian, you did not really adress that. when I fist got born again I struggled with one particular sin, and although I was doing it less and less I was still sinning, but as you say we should be fasting, and finally through fasting I was set free so as to over come this sin. so what I am saying it may take time, it took me about a year to be freed from this sin. which compared to eternity is really nothing at all, yet seems like a long time.

now on the other hand if you say you have been born again and 10 years later your still living in sin such as getting drunk on a regular basis, I would really have concern for you.

But I agree its all about sin and being honest with ourselfs if we are free from it and born again and a changed person, or are we just telling people we are Christians going to church yet still in sin

We have to take responsibilty of our life, and honestly looking at if there is sin in our life is the key

Active
I share from my personal experience on how I approach the Scriptures. Because of my circumstances, I was not allowed to go to church and did not hear a single sermon about the Bible for seven years. I only relied on the Spirit of God through prayer. I would read a paragraph or verse and then take it to prayer for understanding. Then one day when I was discussing my faith with others a revelation would then come to me about that verse or paragraph I prayed about. This revelation would then be confirmed by other verses which proved that it came from God.

Active
I agree with Dave about the issue of sin. While the Scriptures do teach that no one who is born of God practise sin (1 John 3:9) , it also teaches that if we say we do not have sin we deceive ourselves (1 John 1:8). Both teachings are from apostle John.

I myself confess that I still fall into sin, mainly because of my upbringing which was in a violent environment. I was a witness to domestic violence from a father who had no control over his temper for many years. This was a snare on me and I am definitely more susceptible to falling into the sin of wrath and violence. I still struggle with these kinds of sin under specific tempting situations but I certainly don’t practice those sins on a day to day basis. In fact, I cry out to the Lord every time I stumble in repentance and entreating. There is nothing less I want than to be completely free from bondage to any form of sin, God is my witness to this.

What John is teaching is that true believers, those who are born again will not commit the same sins as a habit. This kind of sinning is markedly different from those who stumble into sin occasionally. King David stumbled into the sin of adultery and even murder but he never did those sins continuously. He repented and accepted the consequences. It was the attitude he showed towards his sin that proved he was not of the devil. But he certainly was not sinless.

It is heresy to teach that a true Christian can continue to sin without repentance and remorse and still be saved, but it is also heresy to teach that a true Christian can never stumble into sin (which is no different from saying a Christian has no sin in his life) Both heresies negate the necessity of repentance from and confession of sin, which are all essential to the process of sanctification, and ultimately salvation. Without repentance we will all perish, this is what Jesus Himself taught. If we believe we will never sin as true believers it means we stop repenting all together from the moment we are born again. Isn’t that a dangerous thing in itself? Isn’t that a sign of pride? I would rather still practise repentance so that any unknown sin I might have committed will be brought to light by God for confession.

God ultimately knows what is in every person’s heart. There are those who are more susceptible to falling into certain sins and He is aware of that weakness. Even after apostle Peter was converted and baptised by the Spirit of God he was still confronted by apostle Paul for “not walking uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel.” (Galatians 2:11) If the apostle Peter was still stumbling in sin after he was born again who are we to think we will never stumble? We will stumble, but if we are truly born again, we will strive against sin until we become completely sanctified.

If you look at my thread on OS!! I do make a clear distinction between wilful and unwilful sin!! and also I've never claimed that I'm without sin!! I just don't sin wilfully or try not 2 and when I say dat I'm talking about within a huge spectrum like from the (tiniest) wrong kind of thought, 2 a reprobate sin which praise be 2 God I'm not at. Wilful sins shud be few and far between or better yet not at all which is the goal.

And even unwilful sins shud be less and less as we go threw sanctification!! 2 eventually none at all which is also the goal.

Staff Member
If you look at my thread on OS!!
Dear Brother,
Keep in mind that when you start a thread don't assume that anyone who reads it, has also read all your other ones as well. If there is a point of reference from another thread that you or another have written, then please either quote it specifically or even better yet provide a link to it, and the particular post # This allows the reader to see your stance on something that may not be clearly understood through the current thread you are communicating on.

Better to be patient with others who may not understand what you are communicating then the frustration that comes from confusion.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC/Moderator
Nick
<><

Loyal
Wisdom is the most important, and most valuable thing God can give to any person. Wisdom comes from the Word of God because he himself is Wisdom.

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Wisdom gives us understanding. Understanding of what? God himself which is what Jesus said he does by revealing to us his Father.

Pro 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Wisdom rests in the heart of man which is where Jesus has taken up his residence.

Jesus was accused of being a winebibber, and gluttonous man, yet Jesus said....

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Wisdom which is understanding is "justified" by all of her children. What are Wisdoms children?

Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

True Wisdom of God has all of these children.

It is FIRST pure (will never compromise the word of God for any reason even if it brings harm to its self.)
Peaceable
Gentle
Easy to be intreated
Full of mercy
Full of good fruits
Without partiality
Is without hypocrisy

If these things are in you and abound you truly understand the things of God, and have Wisdom's children!!

Last edited:
Dear Brother,
Keep in mind that when you start a thread don't assume that anyone who reads it, has also read all your other ones as well. If there is a point of reference from another thread that you or another have written, then please either quote it specifically or even better yet provide a link to it, and the particular post # This allows the reader to see your stance on something that may not be clearly understood through the current thread you are communicating on.

Better to be patient with others who may not understand what you are communicating then the frustration that comes from confusion.

YBIC/Moderator
Nick
<><

That's a (logical error) the onus is on them 2 check 1st before they comment, if u don't know something den don't comment about it!!

Staff Member
That's a (logical error) the onus is on them 2 check 1st before they comment, if u don't know something den don't comment about it!!
Dear Brother,
Sorry to correct you brother. This is not a book you are writing here where a table of contents is available to research each and every word that you have written on a particular subject. When you create a thread you are starting a new topic that is usually singular in nature, and could cover the entirety of Scripture, but not the entirety of what "Spiriteddove05" has written. Now if your desire is to have all your words read prior to a reader commenting. Then please add that to your first post of each of your threads from now on Brother, as a warning to all readers on what you require of them before posting.

However, should you do so, don't be surprised if no one decides to reply to anything you have written. These threads are meant to be stand-alone topical in nature writings with references plain and understandable for the reader. If you feel you are being misunderstood, then correct them, but do so lovingly and compassionately. If that fails to have the resulting affect that you are seeking it to have, you are welcome to contact one of the staff who are more then willing to assist you in resolving any issues.

Now you can take the following as an admonishment. Choose your words carefully with your communications, whether to me or other members. Understand that you can be banned from replying to your own threads. You may take this as a warning Brother.

If you'd like to continue this conversation via PM, I am more then willing to do so, but this subject in open forum ends here.

Nick
<><