• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

how do you know if you can't remember?

I am asking this question for a friend...

I have a friend who can't remember if she was sexually abused by her dad when she was very little. She does remember having nightmares about it during that time of her life (maybe between 5-8 years old), but in the morning she says it was always foggy and probably just a dream.

Her dad is her hero, and she does not want to think that he did anything like this and he may not have...but it still kind of haunts her.

What can I tell her...is there anyway of knowing for sure?

Administrator
Staff Member
I'll approach this in a way that I hope you will believe will work. Pray to GOD in Jesus' name for her that she may get healing inside. GOD loves her and will heal her problems.
Nothing in the world can top off a prayer other than the healing and blessing itself. After all, the ability to pray in an ultimate blessing from GOD in the first place, thanks to yoU Jesus Christ!

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
I am asking this question for a friend...

I have a friend who can't remember if she was sexually abused by her dad when she was very little. She does remember having nightmares about it during that time of her life (maybe between 5-8 years old), but in the morning she says it was always foggy and probably just a dream.

Her dad is her hero, and she does not want to think that he did anything like this and he may not have...but it still kind of haunts her.

What can I tell her...is there anyway of knowing for sure?

Hi, Nicolek!

"Nightmares," plural? Something is wrong.

I will pray for your friend.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
it was when she was little...she doesnt have them anymore about that ...just the thoughts that bug her.

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
it was when she was little...she doesnt have them anymore about that ...just the thoughts that bug her.

Nicolek:

Yes, I read the above. I agree with Chad, prayer is the answer.

I prayed for your friend.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Its probally the hardest subject to deal with but you need to stay close with her and help her through this, as you are already. Satan works hard in putting these thoughts and bad feelings within us, what chad said, pray to God, pray over her and if you cant get someone to pray over her and demand those thoughts out, demand satan away from her heart. I will keep your friend close to my heart and always in prayer.

So do you think that is what it is? Satan putting those thoughts in her head? Is it normal for a 7 year old to have nighmares like that? It was back in the 80's so I dont think there was talk of sexual abuse on tv like there is now...so i just wonder how a child even comes up with thoughts like that to have nightmares like that. What does it mean to pray over someone or demand satan away from her heart?

thank you :)

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
i just wonder how a child even comes up with thoughts like that to have nightmares like that. What does it mean to pray over someone or demand satan away from her heart?

thank you :)

nicolek:

Please tell your friend:

Children do not "come up with thoughts like that to have nightmares like that."

This is a very serious subject. The idea that a father would sexually abuse his own daughter is very difficult to think about much less experience.

Pray open and honestly to the Lord. Read the Bible morning, noon, and night. God speaks to our hearts by His Holy Spirit and His Word.

It is possible to suppress memories. Later in life I remembered things that happened almost everyday. I thought to myself "How could I forget something that happened so frequently?"

When I was a new Christian I talked about my personal history of abuse on a cassette tape to give to my pastor. I could not give it to him. I threw it away. I do not share with people because it is a very hard subject. People feel awkward and exit gracefully.

Many do not want to talk about their abuse because it is very painful. I have not shared my testimony openly about my family before Talk Jesus. I did not want to write my story because I could not hurt my mother. She died May 5, 2005. I cannot keep it in any longer.

I feel like vomiting ever since I posted my personal history. I cry myself to sleep. My brother is dying as I write this post because he is a drug addict, and as a result developed a brain aneurism. He has lived past the date the doctor gave him to live. He cannot deal with his memories of abuse. He is still using drugs!

It is very important to be truthful. We need each other.

I do not advocate talking about abuse if not necessary. Part of the healing process is leaving it in our past. But we cannot live a lie and say nothing, it will come out in some way.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Hi Burgeon,
thanks for your reply.
My friend has not suppressed these memories, they have always been there it is just something happened recently to trigger them and now she wonders if it really happened...but maybe it is in the past and doesn't matter...I don't know.

I hope you are ok. I feel so sad for you and your family. Please come and chat on here whenever you feel sad or hopeless...everyone on here is so good and so helpful :)

Talk to you soon I hope!

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek:

I am praying for your friend.

Thank you for the courteous invitation to chat. I will visit again, soon.

Honestly, the Lord is with me. He told me that He had a plan and that He will glorify himself.

I need to get back to work with my school. I have taken a month off to exhale.

You are precious.

Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited: