• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How do we worship God?

To love is to sacrifice self in order to unconditionally help others. Love for God, therefore, is not a feeling; rather, it is to dedicate our life to God by entering His life and forming oneness with Him. Since God is love, to love God, is to makes love the desire of our whole being. Similarly, to worship God is to offer our entire life as a sacrifice to Him. As sinners we are incapable of making this sacrificial offering. However, Jesus, who is pure and sinless, made a perfect sacrifice of His life to the Father on our behalf and allows us to join in His sacrifice by sharing His sacrificial body in the form of bread and His sacrificial blood of the new and eternal covenant in the form of wine (Matthew 26:26-28) with us. Furthermore, He asks us to offer this sacrifice, so that His presence in our heart is never lost (Luke 22:19) and we may thereby have life (John 6:53). This fulfills what Malachi had prophesized (Malachi 1:11): “from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation”. By joining in this sacrifice, we empty our lives completely, in order to love and serve others. In this sacrifice, therefore, we have an intimate communion (1 Cor. 10:16) with Jesus. This sacrifice, therefore, is the wedding feast of the Lamb (Revelation 5:6) in which Christ unites with His people.

arungelo, Are you saying taking part in breaking of bread is the Marriage feast of the Lamb? Intimate communion with Him comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus, not just in taking bread and wine. :love:

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
--John 4:23-24

Last edited:
arungelo, Are you saying taking part in breaking of bread is the Marriage feast of the Lamb? Intimate communion with Him comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus, not just in taking bread and wine.

Amen Sunshine307.

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Good post SimplePlan.

Religious liturgy and ritual is not intimacy with the Lord.

1Corinthians 11:17-22
17*But now when I mention this next issue, I cannot praise you. For it sounds as if more harm than good is done when you meet together. 18*First of all, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. 19*But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that those of you who are right will be recognized!
20*It’s not the Lord’s Supper you are concerned about when you come together. 21*For I am told that some of you hurry to eat your own meal without sharing with others. As a result, some go hungry while others get drunk. 22*What? Is this really true? Don’t you have your own homes for eating and drinking? Or do you really want to disgrace the church of God and shame the poor? What am I supposed to say about these things? Do you want me to praise you? Well, I certainly do not!

Here we see that the congregation gathered, but it was not for the good.

Some say that religious liturgy and ritual are an act of intimacy with the Lord. I agree with that statement in this way; in reality it is only an act. It may make men feel good about themselves but it grieves the Holy Spirit and nauseates the Lord Jesus.

The Lord's communion is a meal shared with others, not a wafer and thimble full of juice. I know that what I have said has ruffled some feathers and upset some apple carts. This is not my goal, my motivation is by the power of the Holy Spirit, to rid ourselves of this hypocrisy.

I declared that religious liturgy and ritual are NOT intimacy with Jesus the Christ. So then what is? This my brothers and sisters is the question you will need to ask Jesus himself. If I were to spell it out, we would be right back where we started, still acting. Intimacy is a close and personal relationship. So go to Jesus and find out what His desire for you is, and develope an intimate relationship with Him.

May God give us all the desire to become intimate with the Lord Jesus the Christ and the strength to keep it intimate and pure.

Last edited:
sunshine307 said:
arungelo, Are you saying taking part in breaking of bread is the Marriage feast of the Lamb? Intimate communion with Him comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus, not just in taking bread and wine. :love:

Can it get more personal than receiving His body and blood into our body? Furthermore, it is the sacrificial body and blood of the eternal covenant-a covenant of eternal love.

SimplePlan said:
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
--John 4:23-24
There is only worship that is true and Has the Spirit of God. It the sacrifice of Jesus. We are all welcome to enter it, by receiving the sacrificial body and blood of Jesus.

arunangelo said:
Can it get more personal than receiving His body and blood into our body? Furthermore, it is the sacrificial body and blood of the eternal covenant-a covenant of eternal love.

The question I asked you was do you think breaking of bread is the marriage feast of the Lamb? I am puzzled as to how you worked that one out, that is all. :love:

arunangelo said:
To love is to sacrifice self in order to unconditionally help others. Love for God, therefore, is not a feeling; rather, it is to dedicate our life to God by entering His life and forming oneness with Him. Since God is love, to love God, is to makes love the desire of our whole being. Similarly, to worship God is to offer our entire life as a sacrifice to Him. As sinners we are incapable of making this sacrificial offering. However, Jesus, who is pure and sinless, made a perfect sacrifice of His life to the Father on our behalf and allows us to join in His sacrifice by sharing His sacrificial body in the form of bread and His sacrificial blood of the new and eternal covenant in the form of wine (Matthew 26:26-28) with us. Furthermore, He asks us to offer this sacrifice, so that His presence in our heart is never lost (Luke 22:19) and we may thereby have life (John 6:53). This fulfills what Malachi had prophesized (Malachi 1:11): “from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation”. By joining in this sacrifice, we empty our lives completely, in order to love and serve others. In this sacrifice, therefore, we have an intimate communion (1 Cor. 10:16) with Jesus. This sacrifice, therefore, is the wedding feast of the Lamb (Revelation 5:6) in which Christ unites with His people.
The wedding feast of the Lamb is in Revelation 19 (19:7), not Revelation 6. In Revelation, the wedding feast occurs after the fall of "Babylon". There is great disagreement as to the identity of the "Babylon" of Revelation. It seems obvious, though, that it is not the Babylon of history. The fall of the Babylon of Revelation seems to directly precede the wedding feast, for according to Revelation 19 & 20 at the fall of Babylon the Lord's reign will be established and Satan's doom will be carried out soon thereafter.

In the time since the collapse of the Babylon of history, there have been many empires that were at least as evil as it. Therefore, the Babylon of history cannot be the Babylon of the Book of Revelation.

Also, Matthew 24:14 says the end will not come until the gospel has been preached in all the world. As I understand it, there are quite a few places on planet Earth where the gospel has not yet been preached. The Wedding Feast of the Lamb is a one-time event and it has not yet come to pass.

SLE

SLE

1Co 11:25 ...this do ye, as oft as ye do it, in remembrance of me.
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

By joining in this sacrifice, we empty our lives completely, in order to love and serve others. In this sacrifice, therefore, we have an intimate communion with Jesus.

This is not so, or it would not be possible to eat and drink unworthily.

This sacrifice, therefore, is the wedding feast of the Lamb (Revelation 5:6) in which Christ unites with His people.

This also cannot be so, because eating and drinking is "till he come"

arunangelo I do reserve the right to be confused lol ;)

I`m not sure exactly what point you were trying to make, tho you started out well :)