• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How Do I?

How do I expand my relationship with God to just more than prayer and reading/listening to the bible? I just feel like I want to expand my horizons.

Active
seek Him, fervently, diligently, from the heart. God knows our heart. Amen.

Those who worship Him, must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Active

RJ

How do I expand my relationship with God to just more than prayer and reading/listening to the bible? I just feel like I want to expand my horizons.
Have you or do you remember a time when you thanked Jesus, repented of your sins, invited him into heart and told him you wanted him as your savior and Lord? Needs to be something similar to Romans 10:8-13. Have you officially done that yet?

Have you or do you remember a time when you thanked Jesus, repented of your sins, invited him into heart and told him you wanted him as your savior and Lord? Needs to be something similar to . Have you officially done that yet?

I have done that. I'm not a new Christian. I read the scripture you quoted and declare AGAIN jesus is my Lord and savior.

Hi Dana,
You can search for people that are in need of evangelizing , or volunteer for groups that help meet the needs of those less fortunate. You can join the choir and sing praises to The Lord. Ask God and He will direct your path. Helping others can be a humbling experience. It has helped me see people the way God sees us all, and with it comes gratitude . He works in us to fill our thirst and hunger to be intimate with Him , and He works through us to manifest His love to others in need of knowing that love.

Active

RJ

I have done that. I'm not a new Christian. I read the scripture you quoted and declare AGAIN jesus is my Lord and savior.
Well then, not being an all inclusive answer, I offer a couple of things:
  • Know, that as a "Born Again" Christian, Jesus lives in you and you can't get much closer than that,it is a biblical truth and you just have to live it!
  • No body said it was going to be easy. Jesus said you will have your trials and tribulations. We all have them and when you struggle, it will strech your faith and create a sense that you are not close to God.
  • Learn how to meditate. There are several techniques out there, find one you like and stick with it. The idea is that God is the puriest and greatest energy source in the universe. Being human and in all our daily activities there is way too much interferrence. Successful meditation helps you get rid of the clutter and outside noise and lets you connect better to the power source.
  • Your salvation is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8-9
  • This free gift to you is irrevocable. Romans 11:29

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Dana Covert82

Here's a good read on spiritual growth.

http://www.talkjesus.com/sermons/44215-spiritual-growth.html

Personal Commitment to Growth
A.W. Tozer

There comes a time when the true believer must take his stand on the oath and covenant of God and refuse to be shaken. He must lift high his happy affirmation, not in arrogance, but in faith and in deep humility. Perhaps his declaration of independence will go something like this:

I am not yet perfect, but I thank God and my Lord Jesus Christ that I am done with the past and I do now trust in my Savior for full deliverance from all my sins. I cannot pray like Daniel, but I shall never cease to praise God that He inclines His ear to me. I am not as wise as Solomon, but I glory in this, that "I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day" (2 Timothy 1:12).

I have not the gifts of Moses or Isaiah or John, but I'll be everlastingly grateful that I have been given the moral perception to understand and appreciate such men as these. I am not what I want to be, but thanks be to God that I do want to be better than I am; and I am sure that "He who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).

Here I stand. I can do nothing else, so help me God.