• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

how do I know if I sold my soul?

Loyal
@DearGod1548

It is not ours to sell, but some go ahead and act as if it were and of course suffer the consequences. We are only presently stewards over all of that over which God has given us control. The owner will require an accounting from us.

Active
@DearGod1548

It is not ours to sell, but some go ahead and act as if it were and of course suffer the consequences. We are only presently stewards over all of that over which God has given us control. The owner will require an accounting from us.

@DearGod1548

@amadeus2 gave you a pretty solid reply there.

All I have to add is Joh 3:18 KJV which reads "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

The devil would have certain individuals believe that they can sell their soul to him, but John 3:18 is pretty clear that ''condemned'' is already the default position of those who haven't believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross for their salvation.

However, there's nothing but physical death in an unbelieving state keeping anyone from coming to belief in Christ, should the Lord draw them and should they so choose. The idea of ''selling one's soul'' is a lie straight from the pits of Hell to keep unbelievers in bondage to thinking it's too late for them to repent and come to Christ.

Should the individual respond to God's invitation to ''come,'' even after they supposedly sold their soul, God will save them and the Enemy will lose them.

If you are pursuing Jesus, then you're on the right path. John 6:37 says that Jesus will not cast out anyone that would come to Him.

S

@DearGod1548

This is a correct statement.I think there is no way for us to sell our soul. God is the owner of our soul and he cannot purchase it with a price from us. The only thing we have to do is to focus on him and allow him to take care of what situation we are facing.
Sam.

S

Every true Christian has a duty to tell others about Jesus and lead the person to Jesus completely. Personal evangelism is a must for all true Christ. Living in an under developed country where modern technology is not reachable to every place, it is my duty to use the knowledge gain daily from this forum to reach out to others.Please keep posting materials that you know will change lives.

Sam.

Active
@Sam David

That's encouraging, brother! Good news indeed! Will pray with you for these new Christians. And no doubt keep posting as the Lord leads: may He bless your efforts to share the knowledge of Him.

I've asked a Moderator to move your post to a praise or testimony thread so as to not shift the focus from@DearGod1548's thread here. :)

S

@Sam David

That's encouraging, brother! Good news indeed! Will pray with you for these new Christians. And no doubt keep posting as the Lord leads: may He bless your efforts to share the knowledge of Him.

I've asked a Mod to move your post to a praise or testimony thread so as to not hijack @DearGod1548's thread here. :)
Thanks a lot for your prayers. It AM HERE or let me say midnight to Thursday morning. As the Lord gives me favor , I will continue to post to his glory alone.

Sam

Loyal
Welcome to TJ @DearGod1548 ,

The soul is made up of the following.
Mind, Will and Emotions

Without Christ our enemy the devil already owns them, as the world is under his influence.

So one must reject Christ or turn from Him or not follow His Ways in order for the enemy to regain possession .

Hope this Helps
Blessings
W4F

Staff Member
@DearGod1548

Greetings,

how are you? Is there any chance that you could write again in a reply? Several members have written kindly to you offering heartfelt care towards you and I am sure that they would appreciate hearing back from you! I know that I am interested in how you are.

Regarding selling your soul, you can't and nobody can. The devil is a liar and often cons people with nonsense like that but do not be fooled by his wicked lies.

Until one hears and believes in the Son of God, Jesus Christ the Lord, that person is in bondage to the devil. Jesus came to free all men from that place of darkness and only He can pay a price for your soul or anyone else's... and this He has already done when He hung and died on the Cross 2000 years ago. The payment still stands and the choice is yours. Do you believe that God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life? God raised Him from the dead; He was resurrected and is the Resurrection. He is coming again.... are you ready?

Grace and Peace to you, in Jesus Name,

Bless you ....><>

DearGod1548 we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Everything is Spiritual. You are dealing with something deeper than what you can let on, but we are praying for you, and know since you ask this question you are on the right track to overcoming something you have been dealing with more than half your life. The Lord is calling your name David, Jonah, Paul, and Peter. These are our brothers in which we can contend with for the faith by reading their testimony. If he allowed you to be completely cleansed you would not depend on His Grace, and it is His Grace that is sufficient for you, regardless of your sin, as long as you keep calling out to him begging him boldly for His mercy, and Grace. For truly in your position it is your only hope now. Remember he who is forgiven much loves more, and love covers a multitude of sins. You have not committed blasphemy, and you believe enough to seek. We all have a measure of faith, and we pray that you continue to exercise yours, Amen.