• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How do I become born again?

I know I have faith, but is it as deep within myself as I wished it were? No. I want to truly be born again, and do all things through Him. How do I do this?

Born again

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans10:9-10)

You will have to say the prayer of salvation to be born again. Physically you may be looking the same but spiritually you become a new creation born in Christ

I believe the problem is ? We are Not willing to give everything we have and are too the LORD! HE will not enter us unless we from our heart , [Spirit]Allow HIM to truly be LORD and Master of our lives 100%
He is already of course! But we must be willing!
This is hard for us?
But we can pray and ash HIM to take from us anything that is keeping us from serving Him perfectly! And not complain when we see things we really want taken from us!
Also He tells us if we fast. That we break Every yoke that binds us.
I found it takes three full days , Water only reading the bible and ptaying to Him to help us make it though the fast!
satan will try everything to try and stop us!

Mar 2:20 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

The 2nd day is very hard! That is the day we battle lots , our flesh mind is very confused and under attack, We need to pray lots and read HIS powerful Word !
We need to spend a lot of time that 2nd day alone!. The third day our flesh minds are so clear, we are no longer wanted food.We feel mighty, but tire quickly! The battles been won !
We talk to our LORD JESUS and wait for Him to answer!
Soon as we hear HIM? Then we can ask HIM anything we want too and He will answer us!
We must always be 100% honest with our Father God, Never try to trick Him or hold back truth!
He can deal with anything we say and will help us always! He knows our every thought and nothing can be hid from Him!

My friend, being born of the Spirit is not a difficult thing.
We must come to God with a repentant heart, believe Christ died for us and receive His sacrifice as our own. If we but humble our heart and surrender our life He will wash us in that precious blood and we will be born again. We receive that new spirit from God and His new life begins to permeate us.
Although we need to come humbly we certainly do not need to be perfect- a wise man once said "you do not have to get cleaned up to take a bath".

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Pray this with me:
Father I confess that I am a sinner and have fallen short. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die in my place, I believe that He took my sin for me that I might now be a part of Your family. I believe that the same power that raised Christ from the dead will now come to live in me. You are now my Lord and Savior.
Thank You for new life, thank You I will never be the same.
In Jesus Name I pray, believing I receive amen.

My friend if you have trusted Jesus, if you have prayed in faith the Spirit of the Living God has caused you to be born again and that same Holy Spirit now dwells within you.
This is the first step on a marvelous journey.
May I suggest the following:
Find a bible believing church and attend regularly.
Spend time talking to God (prayer).
Spend time reading the Bible asking the Holy Spirit (our Teacher) to show you what it means and how to apply it in your life.
Spend time in worship. Find a good worship CD and spend time falling in love with God (communion). As you pour out your heart He will meet you and pour out His.
Learning to include God in every aspect of our lives from work, to play, to school. etc is the path to freedom, we were created for no less.
As we walk with Him we are choosing to "abide in the heavenly Vine" and the very life of God begins to flow in us. It is this life of God in us that quite naturally bears fruit pleasing to Him.
Christianity becomes a love affair with our Creator. Pleasing Him is no longer a struggle but our greatest desire.
I will be praying for you.
Many blessings in His wonderful Name,
your brother Larry.

I know I have faith, but is it as deep within myself as I wished it were? No. I want to truly be born again, and do all things through Him. How do I do this?
Shingi spelled out what you must do to begin your journey with Jesus. I would only add this: Keep It Simple! Try to not allow your emotions to decide whether or not you are saved; whether or not God loves you. Read from the New Testament gospels every day until you come to see in your heart that He does love you with a love that cannot be measured.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)

Thank You everyone. I really hope I have the strength to do this, and to really have faith. I feel lost, and I want to feel...complete

Hi:

As others have told you a simple prayer to ask Jesus to be your savior and to guide your life is all that is needed , if you really mean it. Confess your sins to him and then walk away from them . You are forgiven for sin but it is important to acknowledge that, just honestly talk to Jesus and ask for his help. It will arrive.

It may take a time to become strong in your faith, and daily the world will make a run at you. You will see friends, the church, preachers, and many others , allow many things, and say one thing and do another.

What worked for me was to read Gods word daily, ignore the Old Testament at first, read the gospels of Jesus and the books the Apostles wrote, read, study, talk to God, and learn. By doing this God will talk to you daily and provide answers to all your questions.

So just be a friend to Jesus, read his word, and listen. That is all he asks.

Only when you are strong, should you risk study and understanding of the Old Testament that many churches and preachers love to dwell in, as all the truths of God are in the new Gospels, and you have to apply them to the Old Testament to comprehend and understand.

So be a friend to Jesus, read his Gospels, it will not take you very long to see a whole new light bulb that has no switch to turn it off.

Respectfully:

Kit

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
We must give ourselves and all we have to the LORD JESUS CHRIST!
He does not want anything we have, But HE must have HIS proper place as LORD of All 100% ! Because HE is already , We must agree!

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Faith that What HE did and what is in the bible is truth!

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This is MY LORDS GOSPEL! WE must accept as TRUTH!

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is the way , I see it!

Thank You everyone. I really hope I have the strength to do this, and to really have faith. I feel lost, and I want to feel...complete

You need to understand that the small amount of faith you've been given by God is more than sufficient, whether you think so now or not. While the verse I'm going to cite is pure hyperbole, it gives us an important lesson about the power of our faith:

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him." (Mk 11:22-23 NIV). The very smallest amount of faith in God (like yours) has God-infused power that is beyond the comprehension of the human brain.

SLE

Last edited:
You are saved by what you just said; the message behind the bible is Jesus? Believe which you do, be baptised and repent of your sins, live your life on earth with love in your heart.

Last edited:
You are saved by what you just said; the message behind the bible is Jesus? Believe which you do, be baptised and repent of your sins, and live your life on earth with love in your heart.

God showed all, in Acts1630,31,
The Phillipian Jailor cried, "What must I do to be saved?
The True Apostle Paul and The True Prophet Silas, said,
"Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved,
and thy house."

The moment that you, By God's Grace, alone forever,
through true trust in The Holy Person of Jesus Christ Himself,
alone forever(Ephesians2:8,9)
BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS, AND CHRIST JESUS ALONE FOREVER
TO SAVE YOU forever...then God instantly unites your newly born again human spirit, unto God The Holy Spirit of Christ, and then seeks to save you to the uttermost forevermore ye shall be saved unto the uttermost

It Is Written, Romans 10:9,10, "For WHOSOEVER CALLS upon The Name of The Lord Jesus, shall be saved."

For with the heart main believes unto Righteousness,
and with the mouth, confession is made unto Salvation

It Is Written, "Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness

but THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for a new believer in Christ to do is Proverbs23:26 My son, Give me thine Heart, and observer My Ways."

The reason for this is very simple.
If God gains the heart...then all the rest of us will follow sooner or later

Amen x 10! The Father never complicates things but makes it quite simple for us. God draws us and we surrender to His love. He gives us new life, the work is His and we follow His leading.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.