• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

How Christians Find Unity Together

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

Staff member
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you, but [that] you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10

There is no shortage of issues that Christians can become divided over, and perhaps unity seems hopeless some days. How in the world can Christians ever hope to find unity together today? Paul offers a few clues.

For starters, Paul's appeal for unity isn't just wishful thinking. He wants his readers to respond based on the authority of Christ. However, that authority of Christ isn't a top-down decree. Rather, Christ's authority comes from His Spirit dwelling within believers. He unites us together as His body.

Be that as it may, unity also doesn't necessarily mean uniformity, as there certainly will be times when Christians either misbehave or deviate from the truth. Paul admits as much elsewhere. Rather than demanding uniformity, he compels his readers to unite in their thoughts and purpose.

All Christians should aim to reach the same goals of knowing God and sharing His compassion with others. You should desire to think of God's love and salvation. In your worship and your actions you can find the unity that you may never reach in a doctrinal statement on paper.

Loyal Member
I have observed there is always some difficulty in achieving unity even within one church congregation, mostly because of ignorance of the word. However, I've never experienced disunity when going to a national park place with many benches, sitting next to strangers, joining in their silence. I learned to simply turn to one and ask "Has anyone ever explained to you how to be saved?" Some are startled. Some declare they go to church. But sometimes strangers will open up to me because they fear doing that back home, in their congregation. It doesn't hurt to ask that. Sometimes they move to another bench. Some are born again. Some delivered. But there's always unity when blessing reigns.