• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How can one claim to be perfect?

Loyal
I am curious... what do you think "humble" means? How is it attached to sin?

Luke 18:14; "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Php 2:8; Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Active
God calls us to be humble, how can anyone be humble claiming to be perfect?
Hi Dave,
One can acknowledge, and credit, God for His amazing grace, forgiveness, gift of the Holy Ghost, bible, the strength and new mind that comes from being "in Christ", and prayer, for what He has done in us. {Plus much more.)
I didn't get "perfect" on my own.

"Humble"?
Yes, humbled to Christ Jesus.
He is in charge.
If others never hear that they too can remain "perfectly" obedient to God, they will never try. They will fall into the traps set by the false churches, believing that 90% or 75% or 10% holy is sufficient for God to grant them eternal life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
I am curious... what do you think "humble" means? How is it attached to sin?

Luke 18:14; "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Php 2:8; Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
humble is the opposite of pride

Hey Bac Being humble is a way to stay detached from sin IMO

being humble is not to think highly of yourself IMO

Loyal
humble is the opposite of pride

Hey Bac Being humble is a way to stay detached from sin IMO

being humble is not to think highly of yourself IMO

Also means a correctable spirit.
Attitude that one does not know it all or PROVE they are right.

Willing to walk Gods way over your way.
Blessings

Loyal
Pride is a thing to be avoided when it glorifies me or mine instead of Him and His. But then there is our testimony, our words to express to others what great things God has done for us in spite of our initially very beastly natures. As the beast of us is killed and replaced with the new man then is that not perfection as God sees it? If our purpose in saying , "I am perfect or I am becoming perfect" is really to give God the glory, how can it be wrong? If our purpose however is to tell others how great we are then it is best to remain silent:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Loyal
LOL Dave it is not bragging to state a fact....I am fat...Is that a fact? Or is it a bad criticism? I am righteous, I am the righteousness of God in the anointing (which is perfect perfection). Is that bragging? Or is it stating a fact? God said that about you! If you say what God says, where is the bragging? Jesus claimed to be God! Was He bragging? No...He was stating fact....You can always state fact and be humble...One has nothing to with the other.
We Christians tend to look at "Perfect" as being sinless pure and never haveing any blemishes but the bible does not use the word that way....In the New Covenant the word means "
  1. to make perfect, complete
    1. to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end
  2. to complete (perfect)
    1. add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

2. to be found perfect
  3. to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4. to accomplish
    1. bring to a close or fulfilment by event
      1. of the prophecies of the scriptures It means Mature.....

Loyal
You want to know what humility is? True Humility is submitting your will to Gods will. It is lining your life up with Gods Word, and Gods mind.

Pride is the opposite of the above.

Loyal
HI Bendito I get what your saying but I was looking into it a little deeper hope this makes sense to you

actually stating facts can indeed be prideful and not humble at all if your heart is not in the right place. For instance if you state the fact you give to the poor so other will see you that is prideful according to scripture that is your reward, that is why Jesus says to give in secrete not so we have to do it in secrete but so we are protected against becoming prideful for wanting be seen by other.

Scripture that explains that yes indeed stating fact to be seen by others can be prideful and NOT humble

Matthew 6:1-4
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

you see even though someone is just stating facts they are doing it with the wrong heart thus making them prideful

so here bragging and stating fact are one in the same,

Active
HI Bendito I get what your saying but I was looking into it a little deeper hope this makes sense to you
actually stating facts can indeed be prideful and not humble at all if your heart is not in the right place. For instance if you state the fact you give to the poor so other will see you that is prideful according to scripture that is your reward, that is why Jesus says to give in secrete not so we have to do it in secrete but so we are protected against becoming prideful for wanting be seen by other.
Scripture that explains that yes indeed stating fact to be seen by others can be prideful and NOT humble
Matthew 6:1-4
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
you see even though someone is just stating facts they are doing it with the wrong heart thus making them prideful
so here bragging and stating fact are one in the same,
I guess the difference is that the braggart expects a reward, while the stater of fact doesn't.

Loyal
I guess the difference is that the braggart expects a reward, while the stater of fact doesn't.
I believe the point Brother @Dave M was making is......
One who brags on what they did are making a boastful noise such as look at me, I am somebody to behold.

One stating the facts or telling it like it is - well again just bringing attention unto them selves in a more politically correct way. Lol

Blessings

Loyal
Can you elaborate, or give an example of "needs"?
Yep sure can.
A man is down and in a bad way and can't feed his family......by helping in secret and without bringing attention to it, you save the man from grief, inbaresment and so much more.

If you have to tell people in any way what you did brings light on yourself and the one in need and it is not right to do so.

I did this and I did that and I I I I I I is nothing to be at peace with. I guys are selfish and prideful.

Blessings to you and your family

Active
I believe the point Brother @Dave M was making is......
One who brags on what they did are making a boastful noise such as look at me, I am somebody to behold.
One stating the facts or telling it like it is - well again just bringing attention unto them selves in a more politically correct way. Lol
Blessings
Too bad you can't tell the difference.

Active
Yep sure can.
A man is down and in a bad way and can't feed his family......by helping in secret and without bringing attention to it, you save the man from grief, inbaresment and so much more.
If you have to tell people in any way what you did brings light on yourself and the one in need and it is not right to do so.
I did this and I did that and I I I I I I is nothing to be at peace with. I guys are selfish and prideful.
Blessings to you and your family
Gotcha.
The "needs" of the one he helped.
Demeaning the one he helped doesn't boost the braggart's status, does it?
I don't know, as I can't think like that.

Love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself.
You can brag if you think those who help you can brag too.

Active
God is the most humble and yet He is perfect.

Being truly humble is a sign of perfection. But your argument is 100% valid with a creation. If a creation claims to be perfect, it is not evidence of humility.

Humility is at the core of Christianity. Pride the core of satanism.

So, if we espouse to be perfect we better come with a good defense. In Peace's defense, he does come with scripture. A lot of it. I don't agree with his interpretation of it all. But nobody can doubt that in his mind, he is convinced. He is not trying to deceive anyone. He truly believes it. His intentions are therefore good. I am judging you at Peace :wink:, as that is what we are called o do.