• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How can a Christian speak about The Love of God and know absolutely nothing about it, and replace it with a Worlds defintion

Loyal
The Love the world knows about and talks about, is so different from the Love Jesus and God refers to is like night and day! We must not be False Teachers of GODS Love and spreading falsehood across the World. Teaching darkness as Light! When God Has provide The Truth.

The Love the world knows about and talks about, is so different from the Love Jesus and God refers to is like night and day! We must not be False Teachers of GODS Love and spreading falsehood across the World. Teaching darkness as Light! When God Has provide The Truth.

How are we false teachers when all we can do is reference what we know and experience in earthly terms? If you are not a woman who has just given birth and been handed your precious innocent gift from God, and we're filled with absolute unconditional, pure true love that you would do anything for them you do not know how close that love is to the love of God. Men are at a disadvantage to never have been given the opportunity to feel that, for if they did they wouldn't make such claims of " false teachings" about the love of God.
“A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. "It is pure and eternal, and easily the most powerful force on earth when seen in the spirit. There is honestly no world's definition to describe a Mother's love for their child and in no way am I comparing it to the love of God, but it is a strong example of an nth of what it resembles. What humans can envision is the utter destruction of a planet on fire. The opposite of the strongest hurricane/ cyclone/ asteroid/ meteor shower/ tsunami earthquake volcanic eruption you can imagine on steroids is the opposite of God's love because the only thing equal to it is His wrath. We will all see this very soon. Lord have mercy.

Loyal
How are we false teachers when all we can do is reference what we know and experience in earthly terms? If you are not a woman who has just given birth and been handed your precious innocent gift from God, and we're filled with absolute unconditional, pure true love that you would do anything for them you do not know how close that love is to the love of God. Men are at a disadvantage to never have been given the opportunity to feel that, for if they did they wouldn't make such claims of " false teachings" about the love of God.
“A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. "It is pure and eternal, and easily the most powerful force on earth when seen in the spirit. There is honestly no world's definition to describe a Mother's love for their child and in no way am I comparing it to the love of God, but it is a strong example of an nth of what it resembles. What humans can envision is the utter destruction of a planet on fire. The opposite of the strongest hurricane/ cyclone/ asteroid/ meteor shower/ tsunami earthquake volcanic eruption you can imagine on steroids is the opposite of God's love because the only thing equal to it is His wrath. We will all see this very soon. Lord have mercy.
Prime example: people who teach and express false doctrines the love the world knows as love, as the love of GOD. And by doing so have determine the Word of GOD is lies concerning the teaching of GOD. Some do it in ignorance others do on purpose. God's love is not a feeling! Per se "the Word of God" in " Biblical Context" and not me. And a person may believe whatsoever they choose. If you believe "you have a free will"! That is your choice. You got no argument from me. I believe there is no one innocence even babies that come out their mothers womb, because the Bible teaches it, no matter how I feel. I believe what The Word of God says, "and lean not upon my own understandings". And speculations, ideologies,, "biblical igmagenation" has no place in my theology and hermeneutics concerning the "Holy Scripture". And in total agreement of "The Chicago Statement of "Biblical Inerrancy" in 1978." And I am a full believer also in "The Apostle Creed". If you feel to Question what I believe. It is fully documented in writing.
And if you are interested in my field of biblical studies and schools of biblical thoughts: "Reformed Theology" is my area in " Theology Proper". So far I can back up what I have I said with "the Holy Scriptrue"! Of GOD. With the aid of "The Paraclete" of GOD.

I proclaim this,
For the edification of the Saints, that we may continue to grow in "Christ" going from glory to glory, through sancitication and Holiness, for this is The Will of GOD for all His true sons and daughters that are in Christ Born of His Spirit born of GOD and not of man. [human]. Behold I just Spoked a "Mystery" which few are awhere of and in his group many are.

Prime example: people who teach and express false doctrines the love the world knows as love, as the love of GOD. And by doing so have determine the Word of GOD is lies concerning the teaching of GOD. Some do it in ignorance others do on purpose. God's love is not a feeling! Per se "the Word of God" in " Biblical Context" and not me. And a person may believe whatsoever they choose. If you believe "you have a free will"! That is your choice. You got no argument from me. I believe there is no one innocence even babies that come out their mothers womb, because the Bible teaches it, no matter how I feel. I believe what The Word of God says, "and lean not upon my own understandings". And speculations, ideologies,, "biblical igmagenation" has no place in my theology and hermeneutics concerning the "Holy Scripture". And in total agreement of "The Chicago Statement of "Biblical Inerrancy" in 1978." And I am a full believer also in "The Apostle Creed". If you feel to Question what I believe. It is fully documented in writing.
And if you are interested in my field of biblical studies and schools of biblical thoughts: "Reformed Theology" is my area in " Theology Proper". So far I can back up what I have I said with "the Holy Scriptrue"! Of GOD. With the aid of "The Paraclete" of GOD.

I proclaim this,
For the edification of the Saints, that we may continue to grow in "Christ" going from glory to glory, through sancitication and Holiness, for this is The Will of GOD for all His true sons and daughters that are in Christ Born of His Spirit born of GOD and not of man. [human]. Behold I just Spoked a "Mystery" which few are awhere of and in his group many are.
So are you saying not even animals are innocent? I believe that animals are innocent and so we're we in our original form. " Who told you that you were naked?" Those words changed everything. It must be domestication that makes my dog act embarrassed when he gets groomed because he acts like he knows he is naked but he is an innocent doggy.

Loyal
So are you saying not even animals are innocent? I believe that animals are innocent and so we're we in our original form. " Who told you that you were naked?" Those words changed everything. It must be domestication that makes my dog act embarrassed when he gets groomed because he acts like he knows he is naked but he is an innocent doggy.
It seems that you fully do not understand the "Fall" in Eden. What happen to all Creation both visiable and Invisiable. Everything became corrupted, everything the whole Cosmos! That is why GOD will destroy everything even Heaven itself and purify all creation. And create another one. A New Creation nothing like this one as we know it in words or imaginations a New Heaven new creatures. New beings. No sun, no moon, no seas, no Temples,

It seems that you fully do not understand the "Fall" in Eden. What happen to all Creation both visiable and Invisiable. Everything became corrupted, everything the whole Cosmos! That is why GOD will destroy everything even Heaven itself and purify all creation. And create another one. A New Creation nothing like this one as we know it in words or imaginations a New Heaven new creatures. New beings. No sun, no moon, no seas, no Temples,
Why do you think I don't understand that? Yeah I get it! I know what happened! I understand that the heavens will roll up like a scroll and the earth will explode on fire and a New Jerusalem will come down to earth. Why do you think I chose or was chosen to be alive at this time? I have always loved a great grand finale and I think this is a challenging, yet glorious time to be alive. Hallelujah! Nobody said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it.

Loyal
Why do you think I don't understand that? Yeah I get it! I know what happened! I understand that the heavens will roll up like a scroll and the earth will explode on fire and a New Jerusalem will come down to earth. Why do you think I chose or was chosen to be alive at this time? I have always loved a great grand finale and I think this is a challenging, yet glorious time to be alive. Hallelujah! Nobody said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it.
Because of your words and How you say them and the arrangement , testifys that you don't know the "Book" and want to deceive others into thinking you do. and by doing so is only harming your own self and "mocking God". And you don't even know it. The biggest crime is no one is telling you. Or correcting you. But only feeding you the dilemma.

Because of your words and How you say them and the arrangement , testifys that you don't know the "Book" and want to deceive others into thinking you do. and by doing so is only harming your own self and "mocking God". And you don't even know it. The biggest crime is no one is telling you. Or correcting you. But only feeding you the dilemma.
I am learning the Book. I have not been reading it long and am ignorant to the Old Testament which I am working on but I have read the New Testament. I never claimed to be a scholar or a Saint. I am merely a servant who is trying to understand the correlation between the Spirit and the Physical world..I was on the streets a few years back and got caught up in the ways of the world for survival. I have bettered my living and was almost fooled by the idea that success is material and something changed me. I know better now and am just trying to figure it out man. Learning more in the past year than I have in my whole life, I am well on my way but I know I have a lot to learn. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I am well aware. I am not trying to deceive anyone. Just learning as I go...

Loyal
I am learning the Book. I have not been reading it long and am ignorant to the Old Testament which I am working on but I have read the New Testament. I never claimed to be a scholar or a Saint. I am merely a servant who is trying to understand the correlation between the Spirit and the Physical world..I was on the streets a few years back and got caught up in the ways of the world for survival. I have bettered my living and was almost fooled by the idea that success is material and something changed me. I know better now and am just trying to figure it out man. Learning more in the past year than I have in my whole life, I am well on my way but I know I have a lot to learn. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I am well aware. I am not trying to deceive anyone. Just learning as I go...

spoken like a humble servant of the Lord should speak, do not let Ploughboy discourage you, he is still a work in progress for the Lord as we all are.

Loyal
Well said, the best thing is for everyone is to read "The Book". The word "Bible" means "Book"! Like any story, sometimes it is ok to read Part 2 of a Book. But it is impossible to understand the complete story for your own understanding, which is better than hear say. Some feel it is unnessary and a waste of time, because they never done it In The beginning of their biblical studies, so it is impossibly for them to know that type of benefit. But for those who have read the Book from front to back will praise its benefits of unmatchable wealth. But to each it's own. For it does increase the person growth and the understanding what GOD is doing to you, in shaping you into the image of the "Gorified Christ". For in which is the sole goal of "The Salvation Story" The Eternal Gift That The Father is going to give to His only begotten SON whom He Loves.

But as one lives and believes in this life, let it be. But there is a special uniqueness about ones life that fills up and runs over from the fullness of God. Than the fullness of the world of Religion

Well said, the best thing is for everyone is to read "The Book". The word "Bible" means "Book"! Like any story, sometimes it is ok to read Part 2 of a Book. But it is impossible to understand the complete story for your own understanding, which is better than hear say. Some feel it is unnessary and a waste of time, because they never done it In The beginning of their biblical studies, so it is impossibly for them to know that type of benefit. But for those who have read the Book from front to back will praise its benefits of unmatchable wealth. But to each it's own. For it does increase the person growth and the understanding what GOD is doing to you, in shaping you into the image of the "Gorified Christ". For in which is the sole goal of "The Salvation Story" The Eternal Gift That The Father is going to give to His only begotten SON whom He Loves.

But as one lives and believes in this life, let it be. But there is a special uniqueness about ones life that fills up and runs over from the fullness of God. Than the fullness of the world of Religion
What is " Gorified Christ"? I have never heard the term.

I was encouraged early on to focus solely on the New Testament and told that as a Christian, from Christ's birth on was all we really needed to know. I knew some Old Testament basics, but not all of it. It wasn't until it dawned on me that Christmas is wrong, and that Jesus celebrated Hanukkah that I realized that to be a true Christian, I really needed to be a Jewish Gentile first. ( But one who followed Jesus!) My wording might be wrong but you know what I mean. I am finding that the God of the Old and New Testaments read very differently. I have also come across a talking donkey that I find odd.

Love is choice and an action. You actually have to make conscious decision and choose love. In some cases that's easy, in many its the hardest thing to do. That's why God's love toward humankind is beyond description and hard to put into words. Why should God love mankind who disobeyed him and continues bathe in sin for thousands of years doomed to rot in hell. Yet God looked upon us and choose to love us by offering his son Jesus Christ as atonement for that sin. God gave us an escape route, flee hell and make it to heaven to be with him. That's incredible!

That's what you must convey to others. Mankind first made perfect and communed with God. Then mankind broke communion with God in disobedience and sin separated man from God. Jesus Christ becomes the atonement for sin, reuniting man with God, no more separation. Those are God's actions showing the evidence of his love for mankind.

The problem is many people are not going to give hoot about God's son Jesus, the atonement for sin, the escape from hell because they see live and breath the world. We all do. But there's a difference in perceiving reality through the eyes of human being who chooses God over the human being who doesn't choose God. We invite God into our life, our perception opens up and we begin to understand spiritual side of reality, which cannot be sensed via the flesh directly, though it can sense it indirectly as in a passive way. As a Christian or God's child you can actively sense and perceive the spiritual reality on earth. Because you can do this, its very easy for you, understand God's love. But for those in world who have yet to know God, they are blind to the spiritual reality locked only to the confines of the five senses. It requires God / Holy Spirit to kindle one's heart and stir an awakening inside the human spirit and for a human to sense a difference between the flesh perception and spiritual perception.

Best solution in my opinion is before tell the world about God's love, is put yourself in prayer. Draw close to God. God will work through you. And through you allow others the opportunity receive a spiritual kindle in their heart. Its hard to explain God's love in a textbox format to the world. They just don't get it or really they can't perceive it. Not yet, anyway. Don't let your flesh eyes fool you, in their reactions, good or bad. The words you sprinkle becomes seeds on the soil of their heart.

As human beings who choose God, we perceive hell and heaven. We perceive the consequence of sin. We all perceive chain reactions of evil in every aspect of human endeavor, culture and society. To the world its just another day on earth. For us, its the difference in eternity.

Loyal

So have you just made God. A Liar or did you just mis. Spoke by declaring this statement:

"That's why God's love toward humankind is beyond description and hard to put into words."

: [ either you are right in your statement and God is wrong in declaration].

And by reading your post i see, that you have not really read the title or just plainly ignore it, As if God would have His "Sons" walk in a state of ignorance concerning His Love.

I am sorry my God is not like that. So in essence you do not know my God.

Love is choice and an action. You actually have to make conscious decision and choose love. In some cases that's easy, in many its the hardest thing to do. That's why God's love toward humankind is beyond description and hard to put into words. Why should God love mankind who disobeyed him and continues bathe in sin for thousands of years doomed to rot in hell. Yet God looked upon us and choose to love us by offering his son Jesus Christ as atonement for that sin. God gave us an escape route, flee hell and make it to heaven to be with him. That's incredible!

That's what you must convey to others. Mankind first made perfect and communed with God. Then mankind broke communion with God in disobedience and sin separated man from God. Jesus Christ becomes the atonement for sin, reuniting man with God, no more separation. Those are God's actions showing the evidence of his love for mankind.

The problem is many people are not going to give hoot about God's son Jesus, the atonement for sin, the escape from hell because they see live and breath the world. We all do. But there's a difference in perceiving reality through the eyes of human being who chooses God over the human being who doesn't choose God. We invite God into our life, our perception opens up and we begin to understand spiritual side of reality, which cannot be sensed via the flesh directly, though it can sense it indirectly as in a passive way. As a Christian or God's child you can actively sense and perceive the spiritual reality on earth. Because you can do this, its very easy for you, understand God's love. But for those in world who have yet to know God, they are blind to the spiritual reality locked only to the confines of the five senses. It requires God / Holy Spirit to kindle one's heart and stir an awakening inside the human spirit and for a human to sense a difference between the flesh perception and spiritual perception.

Best solution in my opinion is before tell the world about God's love, is put yourself in prayer. Draw close to God. God will work through you. And through you allow others the opportunity receive a spiritual kindle in their heart. Its hard to explain God's love in a textbox format to the world. They just don't get it or really they can't perceive it. Not yet, anyway. Don't let your flesh eyes fool you, in their reactions, good or bad. The words you sprinkle becomes seeds on the soil of their heart.

As human beings who choose God, we perceive hell and heaven. We perceive the consequence of sin. We all perceive chain reactions of evil in every aspect of human endeavor, culture and society. To the world its just another day on earth. For us, its the difference in eternity.
Very good points. Thank you so much for that excellent advice. It seems like a no brainier to some but when out in public sometimes we tend to draw from our own devices rather than pray when engaging with others. Well I do anyways...thanks again!

Staff Member

Dear Brother,
Thank-you for sharing this study.
Enjoyable study and different one as it pertains to entertaining Love as attributed to the Character of God.
Normally, in Christendom, when love is looked to it is through the Greek words of, Agape, Storge, Phileo, Eros, and not specifically understood to show the Character of God, as has been done in this teaching through the Word of God.

I particularly enjoyed how he also identified the antonym of the word benevolence. Imperfect as we are its necessary to know what we can attribute to God, and what not to. At times rarely done, and at times confused. Hopefully, not by the believer! :)

When RC covers the annunciation it's interesting that he chooses the encompassing phrase of " good will toward men." verses " men of goodwill, of His favor". I particularly lean towards YLT "among men -- good will.' which allows one the specificity of covering mankind by God.

RC use of Ezekiel 33 also sets a foundation against Universalism that some see as a belief/position to take because of God's Benevolence. Sad, but true.

Benevolence does not cancel out God's Justice or Righteousness!

Beneficence - as His will being put into action, and is not limited to the Godly man, but to the ungodly. I particularly like how he used Matthew 5:43-48 to show this! Alleluia!

Just thoughts that came to mind, but not really fleshed out.
Verb instead of a noun. Our culture uses it in the noun, instead of verb.
While man is cursing and doing evil, God is doing good to them, common Grace, in other words beneficence.

Once again thank-you for sharing this part of what I can see is a longer study. Given time, and remembrance, I'll look into the others.
God bless.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

I proclaim this,
" Free will" is not in the Bible. I would go to church to watch this preacher. Check him out and tell me what you think. It gets pretty intense towards the end but he is awesome. Start at about 4 minutes

Loyal
I was encouraged early on to focus solely on the New Testament and told that as a Christian, from Christ's birth on was all we really needed to know. I knew some Old Testament basics, but not all of it. It wasn't until it dawned on me that Christmas is wrong, and that Jesus celebrated Hanukkah that I realized that to be a true Christian, I really needed to be a Jewish Gentile first. ( But one who followed Jesus!) My wording might be wrong but you know what I mean. I am finding that the God of the Old and New Testaments read very differently. I have also come across a talking donkey that I find odd.

Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ -- how could that be Wrong. We read about it in each of the 4 Gospels.

No one needs to be a Jewish Gentile in order to be saved. Sounds like you're Jewish?

God is God -- both of the Old and New Testament. Genesis 1:1 "in the beginning God..."

The talking donkey was in the Old Testament, yes. The Old Testament has a great deal of information in it. Daniel being in the lions' den. The fiery furnace. The world-wide flood. The entire Bible has been inspired by God for all of us to read and learn from.

So have you just made God. A Liar or did you just mis. Spoke by declaring this statement:
"That's why God's love toward humankind is beyond description and hard to put into words."

: [ either you are right in your statement and God is wrong in declaration].

And by reading your post i see, that you have not really read the title or just plainly ignore it, As if God would have His "Sons" walk in a state of ignorance concerning His Love.

I am sorry my God is not like that. So in essence you do not know my God.
Curious...why do you act like you have a different God than we do? Do you look up or down when you pray? There is only One God. The LORD, God Almighty, Creator of the heavens and earth. He has no equal. He has no opposite. Majestic, omnipresent, omniscient, Truth, light, and Holy Holy Holy. If your God is someone different, then why are you on this forum?

Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ -- how could that be Wrong. We read about it in each of the 4 Gospels.

No one needs to be a Jewish Gentile in order to be saved. Sounds like you're Jewish?

God is God -- both of the Old and New Testament. Genesis 1:1 "in the beginning God..."

The talking donkey was in the Old Testament, yes. The Old Testament has a great deal of information in it. Daniel being in the lions' den. The fiery furnace. The world-wide flood. The entire Bible has been inspired by God for all of us to read and learn from.

Christmas is NOT the birth of Jesus, as the Bible does not give us the day He was born, nor tells us to celebrate His birthday. Do you really think the Lord would have His actual HOLY day of birth take the back seat to with an imaginary fat man, and reindeer, snowmen, and gingerbread and then celebrated with worldly goods? On someones birthday, you give that person gifts. Not other people. All Christ would want is your holiness. No wordly gifts needed.

In 1743, German Protestant Paul Ernst Jablonski argued Christmas was placed on December 25 to correspond with the Roman solar holiday Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and was therefore a "paganization" that debased the true church.[82] However, it has been also argued that, on the contrary, the Emperor Aurelian, who in 274 instituted the holiday of the Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, did so partly as an attempt to give a pagan significance to a date already important for Christians in Rome.[83]

We dont hear of Jesus celebrating his own birthday, so if the Lord did not do it it is not of the Lord.

My point was that Jesus was a Jew. He celebrated the Jewish religion. Jesus wasn't a Christian so I came to the conclusion that in order to follow Christ, yes, Christians should believe in the Jewish religion to believe what He believed as Christianity is an extension of Judaism, no?