• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

House Churches England

Hi saints of Gods planet

I just wanted to put right a few issues regarding House church and peoples veiw of them.
I currently attend House churches and am amazed of the formal simple way of doing church. Most people here in these house churches have left main stream churches. Because of false teachings. amongst many other things. So many churches here (UK) are dead (NOT ALL ) BUT MOST. All my kids left and so did all my church brothers kids. Ive seen one Church after another close. on in my town has just been turned into a pole dancing night club. I could never take a unsaved person to a local church he would never go again and most proberly end up trying another faith.
Im only posting this thread to say truth here. Not to slate the church. as it is Christ body. But man has turned faith in jesus into a religion not a relationship.
We must change our veiws here in the UK. God will judge us as a nation if not. But if thats what it takes then bring it on.WE cant carry on like this.with our eyes closed and our fingers in our ears.
I want to see my nation come back to God and repent and reciave its salvation.
So at the moment lots of us are turning to house churches. Gods presence is awesome amongst them there is no religion here.
Many people are getting saved amongst us. We meet just as the early church did.
and the holy spirit has a work for house churches. It has not replaced the main stream churches but aims to work along side it. and to assist it where it can.
WE eat and sing hymms and study the word. we take wine and the bread. wash each others feet and go out to the local prisons and feed the homeless.
I wish people would realise we are not a sect or cult. you dont have to go to a bible collage to be a pastor?. The early church was ordained by jesus christ not man. Knowledge does not make one a pastor.
There are millions in China and india who meet in this way. also also in Africa.There aim along with ours is never to build massive expensive church but spend our time and money on spreading the gospel through our towns and let God give the increase. Again there is a place for both and our goal is the same.
There may be a day when all of Gods people will meet in this way.
I hope i have explained my veiw on house churches.?
Any questions are welcome
May God bless us all.May his kingdom come

Mark from England :

Dear brother if you want set a house church up for the LORD. Then first you must pray and ask him what his will is for life ?
Don am sure if you want to have a house church. then God will send people to you. just as he did us. we have grown in only 6 weeks and will have to split into 3 churches. there are many don who want to be set free from organised religion.
Brother if you want any advice or just want to email me please feel free.
I will help you as much as i can. My the Lord lead you and may he use you for his kingdom sake.

Shalom Mark <><

"Man has turned faith in Jesus into a religion not a relationship."

Amen!

If one looks at statistics, especially on church attendance, they would think Gods kingdom is not moving forward, but thankfully the moving of the Spirit is not dictated by stats! ;)
It was wonderful to read of how God is moving in England!

My nephew had the privilege of attending a meeting place in the city (a rented hall I think) and having grown up on a church pew, it was interesting to hear him say it was the most awesome fellowship he had ever taken part in. They sat around tables, shared tea and luncheon, sang, worshipped, and various members of the group would speak and/or sing each week, giving testimony on what God was doing in their lives, and offering inspiration and encouragement to the body.
Sadly the man who had it in his heart to open the doors to this kind of fellowship, lost heart because of all the criticism he had to endure from the "religious" community. (or this is what I was told, not having spoke personally with the man)

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Have you met up with the follow-on from House Church--Cell Church. Cells growing together dividing when they mutiply.??

[edited for links]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you coconut for your wisdom in regards to house church. i have already met pastors who have tried to trash what we are doing here. but im not letting man destroy what God is doing here amongst us.
I wish they would just listen ? but they are worried about people leaving there churches and not paying there tithes etc..
Brother the LORD is adding to this cell church each week. last week we had 4 more people come to our house.this week we ahve 5 more who want to come. they were dismayed with what was going on in there churches. they were so spiritualy drained brother. they are at there last straw.we will get behind them here we will try and undo the damage of what these pastors have done in there lives.
Am not saying all pastors are the same brother. there are many Godly pastors. but there are some pastors that dont care for the sheep and seem more interested in self glory and bringing big sums of money into the pockets. and these are doing so much damage.
God will deal with them. in the mean time lets just love the hurt and wounded with all our hearts.and reacht he souls who are wondering around this planet and dont even know jesus.
I belaive we can grow along side each other . ie Esablished churches and House churches. i hope so any how. we both reach different folk. and meeting there different needs. we both preach christ.
Well cocnut bless you fro your time and this site is awesome. it seems to have blessed so many saints of jesus.
PS am reading your email at our house church meeting on wednesday.

Shalom brother <><

Last edited:
ukbiker, it does seem in the UK that the mainstream churches are failing people, and the house church is the way to go. Here in NI it is just the same - so many people are falling away because the church in general is letting them down. Seems we're going back to the times in the Book of Acts, when house churches were the norm. It is in the house churches where growth is being seen.

God bless you sunshine and everyone else. thank you for your encouragment.
Are you going to a house church yourself ?.
The house church here has only being less than 2 months and yet God seems to be sending 4 to 5 new people every week. We all have have one thing in common. the lost souls of our families and towns who do not know the love of God and although they have lots of churches around them have never heard the gospel..... this to us has to change. millions of people die in the world each year and never hear the good news.. Gods people must wake up to this call and break down the walls of comfort and step out into there vineyards where the LORD has placed them. I beliave that we the church are responable for the gospel being handed down to this generation. if we dont tell them WHO will ?.
A lot of main stream churches have become luke warm. but Jesus said the last day church would be. But he will call a church from the high ways and the byeways at the last hour before his glorious return. because many wont go and work in the vineyard. the old church will grumble against the new workers who came in at the end and reciave the same wages. we beliave these workers will be the world wide network of house churches. we hope not to challenge or be seen to trash the old ways. but hopefully encourage the church to action and together. fulfill the work Jesus leaved his bride..
God bless you all as we seek to Gods will and not ours

Mark from England <><

we have cell groups in our church. but im sure it isnt like yours. yours sound so neat. I go to a really good church but I sometimes feel like they dont allow the spirit to flow, but the pastor is allowing changes. I could go on and on for hours in the church, but i always feel like they are in a hurry to go home. I wished we were more like the acts church. God is moving us in that direction though. I do feel lead to go their and the Lord is using this church mightly in my life. I have grown much and know that He is going to use me their. thank u so much for talking about ur cell groups it blesses me alot , especially in another country. we here in U.S. have alot of different churches to go to and have more freedom. Its great to know that other countrys are really involved in relationship with the Lord. janlovesJesus

Dear saint of jesus. bless you for your mail. am pleased to see the lord working in your life and is moving your pastor to a different veiw. as to allowing changes. one thing i would like to say is this . he must remember that its not his church. it solely belongs to the king of glory. he is the head of his church not man. i hope that your pastor allows the holy spirit to flow into the body of christ. to me its a shame that the church has become a one man show.. the whole body should run and be accountable to the flow of the spirit. i beliave the pastors role is not so much to lead the show and take total control. but to be a humble encourager of the flock just making sure the flock grows safely. his job should be to let the holy one of israel be in full contact with his sheep. so many false shepherds have arisen and destroyed the peoples trust in church.
Many get bored in church with the stand up sit down sing 3 hymms. shake the pastors hand go home mentality. Gods church is people not a 4 wall organisation thing. Satan does not want saints knowing who they really are. every born again beliaver can do the same things jesus did and greater. if the church dare beliave this and went out to the lost. just as our king did. then the gospel would get preached in power. millions would see the church have come out ther comfortable buildings.. and see the power of our great God in action. Jesus never said build buildings and lock your selfs up. he said go into the nations and baptise them. preach the gospel from one town to another. its time to let God loose and finish the work jesus left us. if people wont go to church . then its time the church went to the people ?. if we dont get message into the streets then who will take it ?.i beliave God is raising an army of beliavers like your self. who are like minded. yes there will always be a place for the esablished church. but there will be another part of christ who will be advancing the kingdom on the streets. if a million christians split up into groups of 12 and met in homes and spent there money on evangelism. the gospel would spread like a uncontrollable fire.
I encourage you jan to remember this chat we have had here. because one day the church will have to go uinderground. it started in Acts in houses and i beliave it will end in houses. may the God of israel have his way with us. may we do his will not mans. he wants to bless the world with his love. its time we got togther and finished the job and may jesus return and may we be ready for your king. keep your lamp filled and always be ready for the lord will come at an hour we do not expect.

God bless you saints of the coming king of glory <><

Mark from England

Some ideas for freeing up the body of Christ & house church ideas---->
[edited for links]

The bottom line is just this and this only.
We are the Church PERIOD. It Does not matter where we come together, in a building with a steeple, a house or a Walmart. Planned or not, in our own community or abroad.

So what makes us the Church? JESUS, and ofcourse JESUS, oh and did I mention JESUS. It's Jesus and only Jesus that qualifies us as the Church, nothing earthly or temporal.

I have run into many christians at Walmart and we prayed together, shared testimony and have witnessed salvations and healings there on more than one ocasion. But we didn't start a Walmart Church. We are already the Church.

Paul did not sow or start any churches. He sowed Christ into people and Jesus assembled them into the Church. Paul did not preach doctrine or a statement of faith, he preached Jesus crucified and resurected. He didn't preach an historical Jesus, he preached the living, breathing, everything under His feet, Master Builder Jesus!

We don't need a label, a name, or even an address. All we need, Jesus has already given to us, we have His Mark or Brand, His Name and He has made us His Home Address.

Where we assemble geographically and what style of liturgy is used(if any) is really inmaterial. The key is that we come together in HIS NAME and we will then be in HIS PRESENCE.

The scriptures that support this are so numerous so just read the whole book (especially the new testament) with the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Amen jiggy i agree with you. the early church was known simply as (The way)
theres thousands of demonations these days. people who dont have a faith look in and must wonder why ?.
Its time to smash down these barriers and come away from this mentality.
Maybe then Gods people can come together. in stead of first looking at what name it says on the notice board out side.
Shalom from England

[edited links]

thanks laterunner bless you for the links house 2 house site is awesome. we are linked up with them and they are intouch with us and have sent people to our house church.

Shalom mark

Its time to smash down these barriers and come away from this mentality.
Maybe then Gods people can come together. in stead of first looking at what name it says on the notice board out side.

Amen ukbiker!

Ukbiker---> you may be interested in these.--->''cell church'':icon_cool:

[Brother please read forum rules, NO links allowed without prior permission from Chad]

Have a restfull time over the holidays, enjoy family & friends & hear God. :icon_lol:

jiggyfly said:
The bottom line is just this and this only.
We are the Church PERIOD. It Does not matter where we come together, in a building with a steeple, a house or a Walmart. Planned or not, in our own community or abroad.
So what makes us the Church? JESUS, and ofcourse JESUS, oh and did I mention JESUS. It's Jesus and only Jesus that qualifies us as the Church, nothing earthly or temporal.
I have run into many christians at Walmart and we prayed together, shared testimony and have witnessed salvations and healings there on more than one ocasion. But we didn't start a Walmart Church. We are already the Church.
Paul did not sow or start any churches. He sowed Christ into people and Jesus assembled them into the Church. Paul did not preach doctrine or a statement of faith, he preached Jesus crucified and resurected. He didn't preach an historical Jesus, he preached the living, breathing, everything under His feet, Master Builder Jesus!
We don't need a label, a name, or even an address. All we need, Jesus has already given to us, we have His Mark or Brand, His Name and He has made us His Home Address.
Where we assemble geographically and what style of liturgy is used(if any) is really inmaterial. The key is that we come together in HIS NAME and we will then be in HIS PRESENCE.
The scriptures that support this are so numerous so just read the whole book (especially the new testament) with the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Amen Brother!

1Pe 2:4 To whom you come, as to a living stone, not honoured by men, but of great and special value to God; You, as living stones, are being made into a house of the spirit, a holy order of priests, making those offerings of the spirit which are pleasing to God through Jesus Christ.

Bless you laterunner have a great Christmas and a bless new year.

I would like to say that the house church is growing out of control.Jesus is sending many here to us. we will have to split soon into 3 groups. Jesus has total freedom here to move as he wills. not when man wants. God turns up each time and we love him more and more each day. I want to encourage everyone who reads this, that not to be worried about trying something new in your churches or fellowships. If you go to a church already. this is great. but i ask you to try meeting in your homes and have a meal together. sing songs and pray things through.share testimonies, enjoy these times together and may jesus be set free amongst you. try it once a week its also a great way of interducing new people who have many questions.get to know each other and learn to grow together in the love God has placed in your hearts. let all who attend speak and be part of the fellowship. church meetings should not be a one man show. this is how the early church meet and i beliave it started in houses and will end in houses.
Have a blessed Christmas all who read this and remember jesus built a kingdom with no walls. the gospel must be taken outside the 4 walls of church buildings. if the people wont go to church then its time for the church to go to them. if we dont go how will they hear the gospel ?.we are responable for this generation to hear the word. God has leaved this commision to us. with his power we can bring down strong holds and
finish the work God has given all us saints to do. may we hear the words. (well done my faithfull servant. enter the heavens)

Shalom to all the saints of Yahshua <><