• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hidden Places

Loyal
Sometimes God hides us. Sometimes we hide ourselves. Sometimes we even try to hide from God
(as if this were possible).

In 1 Sam 14, the Jews hid themselves in caves to hide from the Philistines.
In 1 Sam 14:25; we see that Abigail came from a "hidden" part of a mountain to meet David.
David was "hidden" from Absalom in 2 Sam 17:9;
Jehoshabeath (say that 3 times fast) hid Joash in the temple from Athalia, she hid him for 6 years in a temple.
There are dozens of verses like this.

But there is simply being hidden in plain site. Hidden in the way we live.
There are the things we do in private. Our "hidden" life so to speak. We may think it is hidden from God,
but it really isn't. He sees all, He knows all.

I saw a television commercial recently... I don't even remember what it was about, something to do with sports. Perhaps tennis shoes, perhaps a "sports drink", I really don't remember. But it said something
that I know to be true from my younger athletic days. It said championships aren't won at the Superbowl,
they aren't won at the World Series, or NBA finals. Championships are won in what you do everyday.
Your every day workout routines. Your everyday practices. You will never play harder, or try harder in
a game than you do when practicing. Your team will will never (or at least very rarely) attempt to do
something in a real game, that they haven't tried in practice. (usually practiced several times over and over).

So it is with our Christian walk. The things we do in private are the things we do in public.
The thoughts we think in private are the thoughts we think most of the time in public.
What you think about God in the private places, is how you will think about Him in the public places.

Now we aren't supposed to do things in public to impress people. That isn't the point here.
The point is, however we behave in private rubs off on how we behave in public.

Active

RJ

Now we aren't supposed to do things in public to impress people. That isn't the point here.
The point is, however we behave in private rubs off on how we behave in public.
Good or bad!:D