Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

hi every one.I'm Sam and would like to fellowship with all.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Sam David, Dec 3, 2017.

1. My name is Sam David.I'm a Christian and a bible study group leader. I live in Nigeria, West Africa.I'm married to Mary and we have three boys.

We have been keeping the wrong day of worship, but recently we discovered that all sincere Christians worship on Sunday and not Saturday, so we have to adjust to Sunday.

We have missed a lot and following wrong teachings for years nearly kill our spiritual lives.

Please my joining your forum is to have fellowship with you and to gain knowledge of truth and share with our people.

I have seen good topics that I will like to discuss in your thread.
    Sam.

2. Greetings Sam David,

I am sure that others here will assure you that worshipping the Lord is an every day thing and not a Sunday or Saturday only life.
    It is good that you are glad to join here and would like to discuss topics.

Grace and peace in Jesus Christ the Lord to you, Mary and your boys,
    Please feel free to tell us about Nigeria and life as a Christian there, if it is safe and wise for you to do so.

Bless you ....><>

3. Greetings again Sam David,

Please excuse me but I am a little confused with the poll you have put up for us.

Should true Christians worship on Saturday?
    • general
    • everyone

I don't understand the two choices you provided and i would be happy to edit/change it for you if you would like me to at any time.

Bless you ....><>

4. thank you brother for your kind word. I know that worship is every day something and our heart is one thing to depend on. But I'm asking about keeping the Old Testament Saturday Sabbath and feasts. Are they right? We were told keeping the Sabbath is no longer reasonable and that we should join the new Testament way of worship. That is to assemble on Sunday..Is it right? I think it is ok.

My family have been keeping the Sabbath faith for years ,but recently we discovered that it is wrong to perform all those rituals and change to Sundays.There are many false teaching in here, but one has to very careful what one is believing.
    A lot of negative things happens here daily. People who have been deceived with false teaching have refused to attend a bible believing church or fellowship.

We hold fellowships at homes with 3 or four families attending services and bible study classes.Those who hold unto their faith in Christ continues daily , but others run left and right for were material things are offered.

God has given me and my family the grace to remain in the faith and our members.Despite what is going on here, we try to keep our total faith in God.Thank you for wishing us well.Please pray for us. We are living in a terrible time.

Your brother m

Sam David.

5. We are starting service in less than 10 minutes. Please after the service, I will try to talk to you. If you have questions, please go ahead and ask. It is nearly 10.00AM Sunday morning here.What time are you now? Do go to church on Sunday?
    sam

6. Gladly pray for you all.

Bless you ....><>

7. Thanks for your prayer. We had a great service with 9 people in attendance.We want to continue in fellowship and prayer and bible study with others brothers and sisters who are standing for the truth. We will welcome sermons in PDF format that we can pass on to others here.
    Sam.

8. Please we will welcome sermons in PDF formats to share with people here. Sam

9. Greetings Sam David,

I am sure there are many such PDF sermons available but I don't know of any offhand.

Perhaps other members here might be able to point you in the right direction?

I am happy for you that you had a good morning of fellowship where you are.

Bless you ....><>

10. I pray some one may have good sermons to send. Thank you.
    Sam

11. Please help me edit it. Thank you. All I wanted to ask is whether it is bad for Christians to still keep the Sabbath day ? Sam

12. Welcome brother in the Body of Christ look forward to hearing from you have a blessed day

13. Thanks my brother. I hope to gain great knowledge while with you in this very community.I wanted to know if keeping the Sabbath is wrong. We no longer keep the Sabbath. Some people here are saying that changing from Sabbath keeping to Sunday keeping is wrong. Is that a fact? please let me know. Thank you.
    Sam.

14. I know that we took a good decision to change from Sabbath keeping to Sunday keeping, but many people in my region are saying we took a wrong decision to join Sunday people. I think we are not wrong.What do you have to say? Sam.

15. @Sam David

Welcome to the forum. May God richly bless you as you join with us here.

16. IMO it matters not if you go Saturday or Sunday to worship the lord. I worship the lord every day. But I am sure you are speaking of a formal church setting to do so, I really do not think it matters in the slightest. I have done sat for years and just recently switched to Sundays, my personal opinion is sunday for ME feels more natural. But it matter not what day you attend church. At least thats my thoughts on it.

17. Thank you brother. I hope to gai
    Yes, day does not matter, but formal church setting matters.Again when you search the bible and discover something good, you have to change. We split because we discovered that Sunday is the New Covenant time for Christians to assemble together and break bread, instead of...the yearly Passover/Unleavened Bread.

Well we are now more comfortable meeting on Sundays.PTL.
    Sam.

18. Hi Sam, and welcome. Why don't you Google "pdf sermons" or "sermons in pdf" and see what comes up? I would think you'd be likelier to find what you're looking for that way rather than have folks send them to you.

Sent from a mobile device
  19. @Sam David

Greetings,

If Members here at TalkJesus can get PDF's for you, how can they get them to you?
    What Operating System do you have on your computer in order to utilize the PDF files?

Bless you ....><>

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 10)

1. Sam David
  2. Br. Bear
  3. Fragrant Grace
  4. Dave M
  5. amadeus2
  6. Laura1557
  7. Christ4Ever
  8. Gabriel Kinson
  9. FREDUK
  10. Wired 4 Fishen